The Art of War-Sun Tzu

The Community's new book club where you can recommend and discuss your favourite novels to keep one busy during those boring hours of waiting to bank.
Eternal Usul
"Special Title"
Race: Goa'uld System Lord
ID: 19701
Alternate name(s): Xjba#1819(battle.net)
Eternal Usul(Steam)

Re: The Art of War-Sun Tzu

I recently picked up a translation by a contemporary Chinese General. The first half is the General's interpretation of the text, the second is the actual text...

I must say that while I disagree with some of the General's perceptions on the matter, I found it to be an ultimately decent and educational read...

I particularly love the ideas of defeating the enemy with wisdom...rather than combat... 8)
"Arrakis teaches the attitude of the knife - chopping off what's incomplete and saying: "Now, it's complete because it's ended here."

-"Collected Sayings of Muad'dib"
Ashu
Michael Westen
Alliance: TAF
Race: Human
ID: 81691

Honours and Awards

Eternal Usul wrote:I must say that while I disagree with some of the General's perceptions on the matter, I found it to be an ultimately decent and educational read...

Which,the first or Sun Tzu?
Bias Admin colour
Eternal Usul
"Special Title"
Race: Goa'uld System Lord
ID: 19701
Alternate name(s): Xjba#1819(battle.net)
Eternal Usul(Steam)

Ashu wrote:
Eternal Usul wrote:I must say that while I disagree with some of the General's perceptions on the matter, I found it to be an ultimately decent and educational read...

Which,the first or Sun Tzu?

Sorry, the general who translated it from chinese...
"Arrakis teaches the attitude of the knife - chopping off what's incomplete and saying: "Now, it's complete because it's ended here."

-"Collected Sayings of Muad'dib"

Return to “The Book Club”