Abuse of a sig that does not belong...

Ombudsman Case Archives
Caprila
Grand Master of the Inquisition
Race: Immortal

Re: Abuse of a sig that does not belong...

As a mod, there was a discussion about this a while ago between moderators. Summary of that :

As you may have noticed from the majority of War threads on forum, there is a precedent of using other people's sigs as a part of 'war' or as jokes between friends. Examples are :

The 'now owned by' sigs made by Fuall.
The fuall animated sig made by TTF.
The HU sig for EPA.
TAF vs Pond sigs.

None of these sigs have been removed, or warned for, as they don't break any forum rules. While I understand your .. frustration, I don't think your argument has any credit.

“Any fool can know. The point is to understand.”
zeekomkommer
Forum Addict
Alliance: sigma leader
Race: systemlord
ID: 70578

Caprila wrote:As a mod, there was a discussion about this a while ago between moderators. Summary of that :

As you may have noticed from the majority of War threads on forum, there is a precedent of using other people's sigs as a part of 'war' or as jokes between friends. Examples are :

The 'now owned by' sigs made by Fuall.
The fuall animated sig made by TTF.
The HU sig for EPA.
TAF vs Pond sigs.

None of these sigs have been removed, or warned for, as they don't break any forum rules. While I understand your .. frustration, I don't think your argument has any credit.

posting permission granted after recieving pm in advanc like ombudsman cornour rule 4 states

zeek
Manetheren
Forum Elite
Alliance: Tauri Alliance
Race: Ancient
ID: 0

As cap mentioned there are several examples of modified sigs being used by people that dont have the permission of the sig maker. I believe a majority of these have been used in jest for wars, etc. There is probably an argument that there is a difference between those uses and the one in this case but regardless, I dont see how this is a user/mod issue. Its a user/user issue.
muffafuffin
Forum Elite
Race: Ori

the rules count for you to

zeekomkommer
Last edited by zeekomkommer on Sun Jun 14, 2009 11:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: posting without permission
Prior - Prophet - Messiah - Incarnate - LG - LG1 - LG2 - LG3 - LG4 - AG - EAG
- AGL - IAG - TAG - PTAG - LTAG - QTAG - KTAG - GAG - TOE - TUS - TUN - TUK

Koo'Keez The Tok'ra
Spoiler
Trade Feedback: http://herebegames.com/StarGateWarsNew/ ... 8&t=141353
Jack
Evil Reincarnated
Alliance: The Empire
Race: Dragonborn
ID: 6475

Tetrismonkey wrote:Ok, after gaining some insight from fellow sig makers...

viewtopic.php?f=72&t=145883&start=0

Excluding a few peoples posts, I would like this thread to be taken into consideration and also brought before the Admins as fellow sig makers thoughts on the idea of someone using a sig they made without permission.

No one in their right mind can seriously take that thread as actual evidence for your side, Tetris, no one is dumb enough to fall for your pathetic attempt at a push poll. :lol:

Tetrismonkey wrote:Zeek, I do not want you to handle this for the fact that you are apart of FUALL. I would prefer Mene to present this information to the Admins.

Thanks.

Such a hypocrit, Tetris. You don't want Zeek because he "might be biased because he is FUALL" so instead you ask for Manetheren, whom is as equally disposed to bias as Zeek, only in this case in your favor. Which is quite clearly the one and only reason you want Manetheren to handle it instead of Zeek. :lol:
Ya'll acting like you know what monster is
Me have 25 years in the monster biz
All monsters think you can fuss with this
Well you can talk to me Snuffleupagus
Me sneak into your house, me leave before dawn
Your daughters will be pregnant and your cookies will be gone
Malx wrote:Make kids not cancer!
Jack
Evil Reincarnated
Alliance: The Empire
Race: Dragonborn
ID: 6475

Tetrismonkey wrote:Actually I want Mene because your fuall and so is zeek. I think it's only fair. Besides, the way zeek handle my last issue was wrong.

But Manny is TTF and I am FUALL, so again, how is that fair?
Ya'll acting like you know what monster is
Me have 25 years in the monster biz
All monsters think you can fuss with this
Well you can talk to me Snuffleupagus
Me sneak into your house, me leave before dawn
Your daughters will be pregnant and your cookies will be gone
Malx wrote:Make kids not cancer!
Manetheren
Forum Elite
Alliance: Tauri Alliance
Race: Ancient

Enough with the alliance role call guys, please. This is a user/user dispute and there are no published rules in this forum regarding sig ownership. Nevertheless, I have passed your complaint on to the admins for discussion and possible mediation between you two.
zeekomkommer
Forum Addict
Alliance: sigma leader
Race: systemlord
ID: 70578

as an ombudsman i am unbiased when handleing any case and i mod anyone breacking the rules in my section.

your last case was a warning given correctly but the warnings for issues like that are given inconsistantly. that dosn't mean the warnings are unfair, it meants that the mod team has to become more consistant, i have explaind this to you and i'm sorry you feel i have mistreated you

for future refferences:
mod inconsistency --> complain to mods/admins
user/user issues --> complain to the other user/find a mediator
'unfair' warnings given --> complain to ombudsman
all others --> complain to the forum admins
Mordack
The Spider
ID: 8500

Honours and Awards

I'm sorry to post here as a moderator, but I thought I'd bring something to the attention of those involved. 'Parody' signatures have long been tolerated by the forum staff. There have been mockups of ETL's signature in the past, and 'Why so Serious?' was even sporting an edited version of mine. I've also seen examples of the various alliances involved in the server war having their signatures altered. It isn't an issue on which the forum staff have ever taken a hard line before, and I don't think it should be in this instance either.
"I bet you thought you'd seen the last of me.."

(TB)

Return to “Case Archives”