Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

Re: 23th ascension and further

Tekki wrote:Ascensions are too cheap? LOL

yeah right.

viewtopic.php?f=101&t=143268

Sacrifice that much minimum THEN come back to me

Point is the core of ascending, on minimal stats, is cheap.
Sure, build a huge account with high UP, spy levels and other stats and get pwned by the costs.

Honestly though, the fact that you can pay 1000$ for something that has a minimal cost of 10$ is nothing new, nor spectacular, nor indicative of the actual price of the purchase.
Cole
Forum History
Alliance: Generations
Race: System Lord
ID: 7889
Alternate name(s): Legendary Apophis, Apophis The Great, Legendary

GeneralChaos wrote:If admin is going to 100% stop at 25 total, then

24 should be

500k RAW UP
5001 GnR
5% boost to stats

25 should be
750-1mill RAW UP
10,001 GnR
5% boost to stats

Both these would be a challenge to even the biggest players of the game, both would take time to complete.

Totally agreed!
Ascensions at high level should cost alot..
Tekki
Forum Addict
ID: 0

Universe wrote:
Tekki wrote:Ascensions are too cheap? LOL

yeah right.

viewtopic.php?f=101&t=143268

Sacrifice that much minimum THEN come back to me

Point is the core of ascending, on minimal stats, is cheap.
Sure, build a huge account with high UP, spy levels and other stats and get pwned by the costs.

Honestly though, the fact that you can pay 1000$ for something that has a minimal cost of 10$ is nothing new, nor spectacular, nor indicative of the actual price of the purchase.

Ascensions from 1-10 are cheap, by todays standards. They weren't at the time.

Ascensions 10-23+ aren't so cheap.

However, given that the point of ascending was to get power in your ascended account and that now with ascension it doesn't matter how powerful you make the ascension, you get jack all, why shouldn't ascensions be cheap?

Let's face it, the only reason you ascend is for the main bonus. Now, I had to sacrifice a lot but that was because I had a built up LG+1 account, but to be competitive over time, I'm going to need a Origin or better account. That's why people are ascending. It's necessary to be an ascended begin to compete in this game, but it's soon going to be necessary to be a highly ascended being.

With a full lot of ascensions, even being done as speedily as possible taking close to a full year, what's the issue? Especially since those ascensions do nothing for the ascended account.

If you are going to make ascensions cost more, then make the bonus worth it. But since the only bonus is the main account, not anything for the ascended account, of course you are going to ascend as cheaply as possible. IF ascension actually did something for your ascended account then you might see people actually doing more expensive ascensions routinely.
Spoiler
Initial masser on Field Marshal's 120t defence and on Rodwolf's 177t defence.

The forces of Rodwolf fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 178,947,245,996,720 damage on Tekki's forces!

The forces of Rodwolf fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 3 damage on Tekki's forces!
Jedi~Tank wrote:@ADMINS- ALL ADMINS, this is the absolute worst game forum I have ever seen (this sentiment is shared by many) It is amazing how ya;ll can go from good job to complete garbage in no time at all.

Jedi~Tank
A sentiment I can agree with, except some of them have never done a good job. For further details, PM me INGAME Id 9095.
---
Spoiler
Image Image
Image Image
Am Heh
Forum Expert
Alliance: The Legion
ID: 1920361

halo wrote:ascension are too cheap. At least up to 22th. When I spied some people the already have over 300 or over 400k Base UP. And we should all have a hard time to ascend. Not build some UP(180k) and then wait 5 days in 5 GRP range. So, 23th ascension should have minimal UP req of 400k, and each additional ascension should have 20k more UP requirements. Maybe lower ascensions should have higher UP requirements too, starting from 15th.

It's too easy to ascend. People are getting bigger and bigger, so its easier to ascend.

You realize that you lose UU right :P
I give peace for traders
th0r_
Fledgling Forumer
Race: ancient

I'm completely aware of that. And I did a series of ascension, like 5 in row. And I'm still ascending, I always had higher raw UP than necessary, so my losses were even higher, But, I'm still much bigger than before.

IF costs for ascension are too much for you, don't ascend, simple as that. But if you want strong(er) account, you will ascend, no matter the prices, cuz resources are insanely easy to come by. IF you can't afford 5grp, 1 grp is easy even with mediocre stats.
Lore
Fountain of Wisdom
Alliance: The Dark Dominium Empire
Race: System Lord / AJNA
ID: 1928117

Honours and Awards

halo wrote: IF you can't afford 5grp, 1 grp is easy even with mediocre stats.
plus you can do them all from the comfort of purg where you dont even have to worry about losing any stats
schuesseled wrote:And Yes, If someone attacked me with a knife and I had a cannon I would shoot them with it.
Age old saying that, "Dont bring a knife to a gun fight"
Reason, youll get dead.
Sarevok
Forum Addict
Race: NanoTiMaster

Re: 24th ascension and further

Rank in perg should be limited to 1k i recon.

But the ascensions will get more expensive as you go
Empy
Derper
Race: Eldar

Well as long as we are talking about Perg... take away G&R in Perg. If you are big enough to earn G&R you don't need protection in Perg.

Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561198036220818]Image[/url]
Spoiler
Sarevok
Forum Addict

*thinks about making new thread*
Beelzebub
Root of All Evil
Alliance: SL High Council Member
Race: System Lord

halo wrote:I'm completely aware of that. And I did a series of ascension, like 5 in row. And I'm still ascending, I always had higher raw UP than necessary, so my losses were even higher, But, I'm still much bigger than before.

IF costs for ascension are too much for you, don't ascend, simple as that. But if you want strong(er) account, you will ascend, no matter the prices, cuz resources are insanely easy to come by. IF you can't afford 5grp, 1 grp is easy even with mediocre stats.

have you only done 5 total so far? because up to ten ascnesion, the RAW UP requirement is nothing at all, its only 5499 to get to AG.

id beg to differ to say going up is easy. i just did my 18th tonight(King of TAGs) and so far i have spent 220mil UU not to mention Trillions of naq to get my RAW UP up and then buying covert levels 28/29 each time.

so you might think it is easy at first, ill say i even did up til about 12, but then those costs get to you, especially if you want to keep an army at all
Last edited by Beelzebub on Mon Jun 22, 2009 1:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImageImage

My Trade Feedback http://stargatewars.herebegames.com/vie ... 8&t=151625

True, the single cost maybe relatively cheep, but doing that 28 times adds up. I haven't done it, as the costs atm are greater then the rewards, but when it comes to everyone being at 23 ascensions or whatever, i'll HAVE to to keep pace
Lore
Fountain of Wisdom
Alliance: The Dark Dominium Empire
Race: System Lord / AJNA
ID: 1928117

Honours and Awards

Sarevok wrote:True, the single cost maybe relatively cheep, but doing that 28 times adds up. I haven't done it, as the costs atm are greater then the rewards, but when it comes to everyone being at 23 ascensions or whatever, i'll HAVE to to keep pace

Its all about planning and friends.

Plan your ascentions well, have good support planets and alot of merlins from the start. Store naq and UU pre ascentions with friends. Raid and farm like mad while ascending.

With good planning you can make it to the last few ascentions before really having any major issues with resources if any at all.

And yes, sooner or later everyone will pretty much max ascend. I know I am planning and preparing for mine now.
schuesseled wrote:And Yes, If someone attacked me with a knife and I had a cannon I would shoot them with it.
Age old saying that, "Dont bring a knife to a gun fight"
Reason, youll get dead.

Return to “Suggestions Archive”