With Regard to Ascentions

Dmonix
Count Duckula
Alliance: MaYHeM
Race: Scouse
ID: 21000

Re: With Regard to Ascentions

What I'm saying for the last ascention is your chosen path is dropped, you are the one, the only not of the Ori/Anja/Indu/Tollah you are just The ONE :-D

But yes it relies a lot on the mechanics of ascended changing

Spoiler
Kikaz wrote:Thanks to:
MaYHeM - You guys were the closest thing I've found to family in this game, thanks for giving me a chance and eventually being crazy enough to vote me onto your high council and eventually let me lead you for several months. I had a blast with you guys.
Lore
Fountain of Wisdom
Alliance: The Dark Dominium Empire
Race: System Lord / AJNA
ID: 1928117

Honours and Awards

I think Cap nailed it perfectly.
schuesseled wrote:And Yes, If someone attacked me with a knife and I had a cannon I would shoot them with it.
Age old saying that, "Dont bring a knife to a gun fight"
Reason, youll get dead.
MaguA
Forum Grunt

Dmonix wrote:I've been thinking about the one problem I can see in this and that being the only 1% bonus for the ascentions and I've come up with a point of inspiration.
"The ONE" should get a fixed 75% bonus, if my knowledge is correct24 will have a 48% bonus so that's an 18% increase in stats, or even make all stat +100% with 75% chance of ascended blessing. It would make it a large fight for that position.

But this just highlights the final point of big accounts being practically un-descendable, that's an ascended server thing and I'm not sure what to suggest to fix that but possibly the 2 week battle to take the position could be an idea. Not really sure

I like both of these suggestions Dmonix...only 1 at ascension 25 and a "super" bonus for reaching that point...I think without the "super" bonus there would be no (or little) interest.

"The One" should be a battle on the ascended plain...and should not be like a "regular" ascension. Only ascension 24 should be able to battle for "The One" (this really goes without saying).

The descension concerns are still very true.

Here are a few suggestions that should be rather easy to code.

1 - allow a combination of LFR and LFC aginst "The One" call it a "super attack" - all or nothing. I would not use the LFC at 1 to 1...but say 2 to 1 so 10 B LFC would add an additional 5B TOC
2 - allow LFC to be converted into a temporary TOC boost. 1B LFC exchanged for TOC multiplier...so TOC x 2 , TOC x 3 , TOC x 4 , etc...
3 - do not allow LF or LFR refill for "The One" but do allow for addional time for regen (say 6 hours - 12 turns)
4 - Allow a conversion of Main GR to boost TOC. 1000 GR gains the TOC multiplier...this would tie Main power to Ascneded power.
5 - Allow only 1 attack per day against "The One".
6 - The attacker should lose an ascension level if a loss occurs.

I am not saying that "all" of these suggestions be used...but purhaps 1 or more...and my multipliers may be off a bit...but that is why this is a discussion.
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."
—Jeff Cooper, The Art of the Rifle
~Insider Trader~
Forum Irregular

Keep it simple. If you start adding in all these stat bonuses and life force bonuses and special attacks how many bugs do you think will come with it?

My suggestion is that every account that hits ascention #25 should keep its 24th title. However the highest ranked #25 should be the only one with the new special title.

If you want it, build something and defend yourself up at the pointy end. It's the simplest and most convenient way provoking a fight for top dog status.
MaguA
Forum Grunt

Rank is as meaningless on the ascended server as it is in main. #25 should be descended in order for another to take his/her place...thus the challange. Accolades for the victor and shame for the defeated.

The suggestions for a TOC multiplier should be very easy to code...and I really dont see where any bugs should come into play. It should be as easy as exchanging a market turn for bank bonus in main (except that the bonus should be temporary rather than permanent).

For that matter I would support the TOC multiplier for regular play...not just the battle for #25. Too many on the ascended server are out of range to be descended...including myself. That is not to say that it should be easy...but it should not be impossible either. Though technically it is not "impossible" now, it would take a very long time (years in some cases) to descend some players. This requires a great deal of teamwork to accomplish (if it can be done at all) and this is aginst the priciple of the ascended server, where you should stand on your own (this is why there are no alliances on the ascended server).
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."
~Insider Trader~
Forum Irregular

I meant have the title for the highest #25 on main. And why should rank be meaningless as is so often said? This may actually put some 'meaning' back into ranks.

I think you TOC proposal has merit, but if it proved unworkable on numbers I would also propose increasing the max damage to 0.4 from 1/3 so you can kill someone off a little bit more quickly.
MaguA
Forum Grunt

Bump...care to chime in Dmonix...it is your thread.
Dmonix
Count Duckula

I like the ideas that you've brought up MaguA, really interesting ideas with the multiplying TOC and reducing recovery rates at the top of the ascention levels, it means ascended doesn't have to be tweaked all that much so perhaps it's a temporary solution but as Caprila and Lore have brought up ascended still needs to be changed.

BenjaminMS wrote:I agree that the reward should be better then usual - but what you suggest now is just too sick :?

Too sick? Nah I don't think so, to be the supreme being on the server you need to put in a lot of work in to get to it, the reward should be a great gain for the person who achieves it.

Spoiler
MaYHeM - You guys were the closest thing I've found to family in this game, thanks for giving me a chance and eventually being crazy enough to vote me onto your high council and eventually let me lead you for several months. I had a blast with you guys.
Sarevok
Forum Addict
Race: NanoTiMaster
ID: 0

I agree, the only point to being ranked 1 atm on main, is for the 10 G&R you gain, and if your say fully ascended to what you want to be, sitting up there is just asking for people to bring you back down.
~Invisible fox~
Forum Zombie
Alliance: Invisible Nightmare
Race: T

i like the main idea :o
Imagethank you CH!
~CLOUD~ wrote:now now ladies :)
we do have a mind and a heart we just chose not to use them :smt047
Prior - Prophet - Messiah - Incarnate - LG - LG1 - LG2 - LG3 - LG4 - AG - EAG
- AGL - IAG- TAG
- PTAG - LTAG - QTAG - KTAG - GAG - TOE - TUS - TUN - TUK
Ryuujin Jakka
Forum Addict
Alliance: Ghost Riders 2ic Diplo
Race: System Overlord
ID: 1976503
Alternate name(s): Al Capone / ~Ryuujin Jakka~

i dont like it...

the costs of that ascention are astronomical about 40-50m uu to ascend and about 35-45m uu supers needed to be trainea and at least a 220k raw up

you know the cost of that ?? just to be descended?

i dont think so....
Field Marshall wrote: Ryu - Legend, best of the best...you're sick...and I hate your 5T MS! < in 2010 when the closes MS at the time was 2.8 T , shortly after i hit 7Trill and then 8tms (Long before the MS HUGE Buff Update !) and the next closest was just barely over 3T at the time it took many years and that mouthership to go untouched as rank 1 without any upgrades at all before ETL finally caught up to it and then a couple of others eventually while it sat reletively untouched for years , yet still to this day that account remains competitive with a great ms , under Drah's command. Many say i Pioneered the current MS Meta , which is both cool and i regret because ms's are insane these days lol !
~Belsamber~ wrote:Borek and Ryu for SGW guru's post are like mangasms, they're that good.
Sarevok
Forum Addict

Which is why we were suggesting that you can go to 25, but then, battle the current "The One" for an extra boost ontop of what you already have
Dmonix
Count Duckula

Lower the costs of the final ascention, not too bad but still lowered to make the final ascention more appealing

Spoiler
MaguA
Forum Grunt

Ryuujin Jakka wrote:i dont like it...

the costs of that ascention are astronomical about 40-50m uu to ascend and about 35-45m uu supers needed to be trainea and at least a 220k raw up

you know the cost of that ?? just to be descended?

i dont think so....

What I am suggesting is a bit different (still working within Dmonixs original suggestion of only 1 player at the 25th ascension).

You are correct, it would be horrible to expend the massive resources needed for a "normal" ascension...only to lose the battle and not make ascension 25...and it would be just as horrible to win, be descended, then be forced to expend the massive resources again.

My suggestion sits a bit in the middle. Ascension 25 is an ascended plain battle. You would expend normal ascension resources up to ascension 24...then in order to reach "The One" you would need to descend the current "One". No normal main resources are expended here (UU, Naq, Trained, etc...). If you are the current "One" you would then fall back to ascension 24 (perhaps some additional shame for "Falling") and may again battle for "The One" at a future date...you would lose the "super bonus" on your main account but you would not lose resources attempting to ascend agian.

That said I did make a suggestion, which I like alot, that if the ascension 24 challanger loses the battle...he would fall back to ascension 23. This would require a normal ascension back to 24. Yes this would hurt...but again "Accolades for the victor and shame for the defeated". Many may not like this suggestion but it is a "real" battle...so many complain that there are no consequences when you battle in this game (no real losses)...well this is a real loss. This can be avoided by "not" challanging "The One" until you know you can win, thus being "worthy" of the title.

My prefered suggestion is for the TOC multiplier to assist in the battle for "The One"...I like both the LFC exhange for multiplier and the GR exchange.
- The GR exchange would tie the battle back to the Main server...and would encourage those who wish to battle for "The One" to maintain a high rank in main in order to aquire enough GR to exchange for a TOC multiplier high enough to descend "The One".
- The LFC exchange would encourage power on the ascended server in order to aquire enough LFC to exchange for a TOC multiplier high enough.
Sarevok
Forum Addict

It is a good suggestion whichever way it falls. Just a pity admin doesn't frequent hear, and write down the links to some of the ideas that he likes. Or better still, post and say he likes the idea, and for us to improve it, then most of the work is done for him and he just needs to code and it's done.

Return to “Suggestions Archive”