Thread title changes

want to publicly say something about the current Forum Mods? The Mod setup? The Rules of the Forum? here you go...
jedi~tank
Forum Zombie
ID: 0

Thread title changes

viewtopic.php?f=68&t=153377

so who keeps changing the title of this thread? and why?

"What I want to see is a tight knit group not a collection of people pulling in different directions"
Deni
zeekomkommer
Forum Addict
Alliance: sigma leader
Race: systemlord
ID: 70578

Re: Thread title changes

moved to the mod feedback section since it is not a complaint just asking for information
jedi~tank
Forum Zombie

ok, if Deni edits is fine

"What I want to see is a tight knit group not a collection of people pulling in different directions"
Deni
Caprila
Grand Master of the Inquisition
Race: Immortal

[spoiler]
deni Oct 16th, '09, 12:48 Edited post “Genesis declares war on TDD/DoB (was DoB+ Friends vs Genesis” written by
» Jedi~Tank
View topic | View forum

Caprila Oct 16th, '09, 12:01 Edited post “DoB + Friends vs Genesis” written by
» Jedi~Tank
View topic | View forum

deni Oct 15th, '09, 20:26 Edited post “Genesis declares war on TDD/DoB (was DoB+ Friends vs Genesis” written by
» Jedi~Tank
View topic | View forum

Earendil Oct 15th, '09, 19:53 Edited post “DoB + Friends vs Genesis” written by
» Jedi~Tank
View topic | View forum

SuperSaiyan Oct 15th, '09, 19:37 Edited post “TDD & DoB vs Genesis” written by
» Jedi~Tank
View topic | View forum

Earendil Oct 15th, '09, 15:14 Edited post “Jedi~Tank and Dob vs Genesis” written by
» Jedi~Tank
View topic | View forum

SuperSaiyan Oct 13th, '09, 15:27 Edited post “Dominium of Bicska & Jedi~Tank vs Genesis” written by
» Jedi~Tank
View topic | View forum
[/spoiler]

It be the topic of ever-changing names :lol:

Since there was a lot of confusion during quite a lot of the topic itself, as to who was actually in the war.. not a huge surprise there have been a few changes.

Perhaps if the participants (on both sides) made up their minds who was in & out, a title could be made to stick :-k

“Any fool can know. The point is to understand.”
jedi~tank
Forum Zombie

So why not just stick with the title I had..confusion over :-"

Deni
Clarkey
Multi Hunter

Honours and Awards

I guess it depends on who declared war on who.
Image ImageImageImage
deni
The Initiate
Alliance: THE DARK DOMINIUM
Race: Goddess
ID: 75493

Honours and Awards

I renamed the topic to its current name to avoid the confusion about who declared war on whom.

"Genesis declares war on TDD/DoB (was DoB+ Friends vs Genesis”

JT + DoB declared war on Genesis, then Genesis declared war on TDD aswell.

Changing the title to "TDD/DoB vs Genesis" made it seem as like JT declared war in the name of TDD which he did not.

If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe.

Keep smiling, it makes people wonder what you're up to
zeekomkommer
Forum Addict
Alliance: sigma leader
Race: systemlord
ID: 70578

SuperSaiyan wrote:Why is it ok if deni edits it, but noone else? If genesis requests a party be added, it is just as much their thread as it is yours is it not?...

JT is oky with deni editting it cuz deni is DDE leader. that means she can use her mod powers to change the title @ her own request as involved party.

if another mod would do it who is not an involved party and didn't ask if it was okey him he would have a problem

that's what i'm thinking
deni
The Initiate

Honours and Awards

Tetrismonkey wrote:That may be so, but all General Mods have the right to change the title to bring more clarity to a thread. It shouldnt be reserved for a mod that is actually participating.

Yes, I agree in general. But as almost every thread in the GC is a war declaration, it is up to the alliance leadership to decide who they declare war to and not up to the mods.

If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe.

deni
The Initiate

Honours and Awards

SuperSaiyan wrote:
deni wrote:
Tetrismonkey wrote:That may be so, but all General Mods have the right to change the title to bring more clarity to a thread. It shouldnt be reserved for a mod that is actually participating.

Yes, I agree in general. But as almost every thread in the GC is a war declaration, it is up to the alliance leadership to decide who they declare war to and not up to the mods.

but the other side has the right to declare other alliances involved too, and if they request it added to the title...

Sure, but then it needs to be visible/noted who declared what and what changes/additions were made :)

deni
The Initiate

Honours and Awards

SuperSaiyan wrote:
deni wrote:
SuperSaiyan wrote:
deni wrote:

but the other side has the right to declare other alliances involved too, and if they request it added to the title...

Sure, but then it needs to be visible/noted who declared what and what changes/additions were made :)

then we need to devise a clearer system for that...

and maybe move up the discussion to the mod section until we have a clearer procedure for situations like this one :)

jedi~tank
Forum Zombie

Thank you for all replies. This can be locked at admin/mod discretion please.

Deni

Return to “Forum & Mod Feedback”