The East Lancs Derby - Blackburn VS Burnley

For the discussion of sports. Moo?
Quina Quen
Forum Addict
Alternate name(s): Diamond Dust

The East Lancs Derby - Blackburn VS Burnley

Forget your Manchester derby, your Merseyside derby and your Milan derby. This, is where it is at folks. Never you will see such intensity and hostility between two sets of fans, and so much passion boiling through the atmosphere. A defeat here for either side could spell months of depression, never ending taunts from work colleagues (and 'friends'), complete and utter hopelessness and impatience to see the return game later on in the season.

As a Blackburn supporter, I am quietly optimistic but all the same very very nervous. Burnley should give us a good game, but hopefully we will run out glorious.

If you have Sky Sports, KO is 1pm. Don't expect the prettiest of football. Just a dangerous atmosphere, probably some crowd trouble and a hell of a lot of noise coming through your television set.
The ascended entity formerly known as Diamond Dust
Q Man
blarney stone
ID: 0

Re: The East Lancs Derby - Blackburn VS Burnley

good result for you guys, but when you head to Turf Moor i wouldn't be so optimistic, Burnley have their own little stronghold there.
I grew up on the street. No, not the hood, the Sesame Street.
[/size]
ImageImage
admin wrote:[23:50] * ~adminHere loves Q_Man
nightlight
Forum Regular
Alliance: AP

It was a good game....God bless David Dunn getting me 9 points for me team :D
Quina Quen
Forum Addict
Alternate name(s): Diamond Dust

I'm glad Dunny bagged you some points there Nightlight. I've actually slung Cahill and Fletcher from my Fantasy squad in favour of Dunn and Giggs. So hopefully he will continue about his glorious business. (Superb player though when he is fit and no one can take that away from him).

I thought this thread hadn't posted actually. It was **Filtered** about when I was trying to submit it on the morning before the game the other Sunday. Glad it made it through, shame there wasn't more interest though. So thank you Q, and Nightlight for being proper football fans. :smt023

What you said about Turf Moor though Q, correct, BUT, Wigan (since your post I think) have beaten them quite comfortably there. This 'Fortress Turf Moor' stuff is a little exagerrated. Stoke are a vastly superior team at home than Burnley are purely because of the atmosphere generated within the ground. Burnley (and credit to them based on the size of the town) only manage the 20k mark at near full capacity. They will continue to lose games at home from sides that simply show more class than them.
The ascended entity formerly known as Diamond Dust
Tek
Forum Elite
Alliance: Leaf Village
Race: A Village person

burnley doing alrite with some big players missing.
"This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this. But I AM your King."

Decimus Tek (Main ID:1917687)
War. War Never Changes.
Spoiler

Hows my driving? Contact
Gloriousbarstard@hotmail.com

Return to “Sports Section”