Lord Mezzanine banned by mod missusing power.

Ombudsman Case Archives
Easy^
Forum Elite
ID: 0

Lord Mezzanine banned by mod missusing power.

Dear Ombudsmen!

My fellow alliance member Lord Mezzanine, was banned by Deni for no valid reason, we could easily put it she was in the bad mood and just felt like since she CAN she will do it.

This has become rather annoying, unless i've not been informed about these SGW forums becoming DDE forums.

Easy
The Leader and Creator of Forgotten Serenity
Spoiler
Champions Train, Losers Complain!
Jim
Pony Princess
Alliance: MaYHeM
Race: Asgard
ID: 45162
Alternate name(s): Bucephalus
Kishin

Re: Lord Mezzanine banned by mod missusing power.

Please give some more details and information.Thread? Reason for warning? Etc
Zeratul
Elder Administrator
Alliance: Lucian Alliance
Race: Templar
ID: 7
Alternate name(s): Hrefna
Reitha

Honours and Awards

memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=2413

viewtopic.php?f=68&p=1933266#p1933266

reason for warning: Masking

(courtesy of your friendly neighborhood forum templar)

oh, and its funny how you say its becoming DDE forums, we appear not to have received such memo...
"Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the gods, Browsers shall be changed to carry the internet out amongst the peoples and we will spread Firefox to all the unbelievers. The power of the Firefox will be felt far and wide and the wicked users of IE shall be converted to use the true browsers."

Curious about our color? Feel free to ask...
Easy^
Forum Elite
ID: 0

Well i've never seen a player getting banned for masking in a heartbeat... hell i've seen ppl masking a lot and only getting warnings.... But its funny how some ppl seriously use Mod powers for their personal issues they have with players & alliances around here.

I wonder why noone else but DENI ever warned him or banned him this far? I guess he turned into a masking machine over the night.
The Leader and Creator of Forgotten Serenity
Spoiler
Champions Train, Losers Complain!
deni
The Initiate
Alliance: THE DARK DOMINIUM
Race: Goddess
ID: 75493

Honours and Awards

About the warning:

masking => warning
3 warnings within 6 months = >2 Weeks Ban

About your other comments:

It is getting pathetic. At least get your facts straight:

deni Wed Nov 18, 2009 9:20 am The following warning was issued to this user
Caprila Sun Sep 20, 2009 1:45 am The following warning was issued to this user
H1N1 Fri Jul 31, 2009 8:54 pm The following warning was issued to this user
Universe 83.161.254.134 Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:31 pm The following warning was issued to this user
Don Karnage Wed Mar 11, 2009 7:31 pm The following warning was issued to this user

Are you going to suggest now that A) Caprila, Eary, Jack and Universe are my multies or B) That they have some hidden agenda against Mezzanine like you claim I do. :lol:

If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe.

Keep smiling, it makes people wonder what you're up to
Zeratul
Elder Administrator
Reitha

Honours and Awards

it was the third warning, thats the reason for ban...

oh, and does Jack = Eärendil = Universe = Caprila = Deni now?

the warnings listed in his usernotes are from those people...

bans are engaged (almost) immediately after 3rd warning...
"Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the gods, Browsers shall be changed to carry the internet out amongst the peoples and we will spread Firefox to all the unbelievers. The power of the Firefox will be felt far and wide and the wicked users of IE shall be converted to use the true browsers."

zeekomkommer
Forum Addict
Alliance: sigma leader
Race: systemlord
ID: 70578

Zeratul wrote:it was the third warning, thats the reason for ban...

i seriously cant remember dating Earendil Deni or jack :-D

serious note now :

looking into it !
zeekomkommer
Forum Addict

well it looks like masking, well in fact it is masking but it's light masking. so i'm wondering deni, what made you descide to give a normal warning in stead of possibly a verbal one?
Zeratul
Elder Administrator
Reitha

Honours and Awards

our relatively wild guess would be this:
user notes wrote:deni
24 Jul 2009, 15:27 Entry added:
» verbal warning for spamming a war thread (FUALL vs TAF), next time warn officially

Jim
Pony Princess
Alliance: MaYHeM
Race: Asgard
ID: 45162
Alternate name(s): Bucephalus
Kishin

H1N1 wrote:
zeekomkommer wrote:
Zeratul wrote:it was the third warning, thats the reason for ban...

i seriously cant remember dating Earendil Deni or jack :-D

serious note now :

looking into it !

You don't remember? :(
warning 1 Sat Sep 19, 2009 8:45 pm e. Stat posting
warning 2 Fri Jul 31, 2009 3:54 pm -personal insult
warning 3 Wed Nov 18, 2009 4:20 am - masking

three different types of warnings, three different mods and if you must, which I lol at, all three mods who warned Mezz are in different alliances and even 'empires'

It's a shame people are still pulling to the "bias" when something goes wrong for an obvious warning

@ Zeek, masking is masking

Masking may be masking, but we wouldnt be doing our job properly if we didnt first look at it from every angle ;)
deni
The Initiate

Honours and Awards

Zeratul wrote:our relatively wild guess would be this:
user notes wrote:deni
24 Jul 2009, 15:27 Entry added:
» verbal warning for spamming a war thread (FUALL vs TAF), next time warn officially

It was more this one

[quote"user notes"]
Don Karnage Wed Mar 11, 2009 7:31 pm The following warning was issued to this user
» This is a warning regarding the following post made by you: http://herebegames.com/StarGateWarsNew/ ... 8#p1708088 .

Masking[/quote]

zeekomkommer wrote:well it looks like masking, well in fact it is masking but it's light masking. so i'm wondering deni, what made you descide to give a normal warning in stead of possibly a verbal one?

You ever bothered to read the user notes, Zeek?

As long as a word (any word) is on the filter and an user is bypassing said filter intentionally by masking said word, a warning point is given.

If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe.

zeekomkommer
Forum Addict

[/color]
deni wrote:
zeekomkommer wrote:well it looks like masking, well in fact it is masking but it's light masking. so i'm wondering deni, what made you descide to give a normal warning in stead of possibly a verbal one?

As long as a word (any word) is on the filter and an user is bypassing said filter intentionally by masking said word, a warning point is given.

i'm perfecly capable of reading usernotes thank you verry much...

all i was wondering what was your motivation to give a full warning instead of a verbal one. acording the the declaration of human rights courts have to motivate their verdicts (belgium was condemmed for not doing that)
deni
The Initiate

Honours and Awards

zeekomkommer wrote:[/color]
deni wrote:

i'm perfecly capable of reading usernotes thank you verry much...

all i was wondering what was your motivation to give a full warning instead of a verbal one. acording the the declaration of human rights courts have to motivate their verdicts (belgium was condemmed for not doing that)

Courts? Human Rights?

What are we here? The United Nations?

PS: My motivation is in the user notes and in the rules of this forum. Should I link you to them?

Rn5ho
Forum Elite
Race: Shugo

i cba to make a completely new thread about this, but full warnings for masking are imo (i would mask a word here, but would be warned for it, is it ok to say full word then? i wont risk) stupid. Specially as sometimes a word alone is not really appropriate but is the only one that could describe one subject and one prefers to mask it and keep it's meaning due his manners and personal belief that word looks bad fully written.

I received a full warning few months ago for saying that scammers and cheaters are... well, was a masked curse word, but really one that often describes them. Again it was a full warning while i wasnt intentionally breaking rules and did it with intention ti keep forum more friendly looking. At times mods should possibly overlook a thing or two and would make a lot of ppl happier.

Imo masking doesn't deserve a full warning (unless user was notified about it just recently), but who am I to judge? just another one of those annoying forum users i guess...

~H
Zeratul
Elder Administrator
Reitha

Honours and Awards

warnings are usually not given for things taken away by the filter... its when users intentionally bypass filter that its warned for...

Return to “Case Archives”