South african Meet up for 2010

A place for planning conventions, meetings, etc....
Also a place for the pictures made there:)
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

Re: South african Meet up for 2010

Wiki wrote:Pieter Willem Botha (12 January 1916 – 31 October 2006), commonly known as "P. W." and Die Groot Krokodil (Afrikaans for "The Big Crocodile"), was the prime minister of South Africa from 1978 to 1984 and the first executive state president from 1984 to 1989.

Botha was a long-time leader of South Africa's National Party and a staunch advocate of the apartheid system although, while in power, he did make some small concessions towards human rights.

Early in 1998, when Botha refused to testify at the Mandela government's Truth and Reconciliation Commission, he was supported by the far right-wing Conservative Party in his refusal but was fined and given a suspended jail sentence later that year.

P W Botha was not related to contemporary National Party politician Roelof Frederik "Pik" Botha, who served as apartheid South Africa's foreign minister.

Bad egg, indeed.. :?
Or at least, not a very friendly one.
zizi710
Fledgling Forumer
Alliance: ♦GENESIS
Race: Ancient
ID: 81951

South Africa is the Rainbow nation. There are 11 native languages here. All races and religions. Take a look at our flag, The different colours represent each unique aspect about us. Yea we went through Apartheid and some say it still continues, but racism excists everywhere, not only here. The thing I like the most about South Africa is it's colloquialism. 'Ek se my bra, wat gaan ann?' Means. hey how u? :lol:

[spoiler]Image.[/spoiler]
Dying for one's country is Honourable,
but making the other guy die for his is more like it
;)
Radiance wrote:No really, you are such a shining beacon of light, hope and joy in this world, here's me thinking you must be related to Mother Theresa. And please do not prove me right by saying you inflict more carnage as she did, because trust me, sweetheart, you do not.
Lol you Go Radiance! :smt029

>>>Trade Feedback<<<
Dmonix
Count Duckula
Alliance: MaYHeM
Race: Scouse
ID: 21000

zizi710 wrote:South Africa is the Rainbow nation. There are 11 native languages here. All races and religions. Take a look at our flag, The different colours represent each unique aspect about us. Yea we went through Apartheid and some say it still continues, but racism excists everywhere, not only here. The thing I like the most about South Africa is it's colloquialism. 'Ek se my bra, wat gaan ann?' Means. hey how u? :lol:

[spoiler]Image.[/spoiler]

HA!!! Test your knowledge (and refresh my own) what do the colours on the flag represent?

Also one final note on the apartheid thing, every country went through some form of racial oppression at some point in it's history, SA's was looked down upon because it happened later than most and we named ours

Spoiler
Kikaz wrote:Thanks to:
MaYHeM - You guys were the closest thing I've found to family in this game, thanks for giving me a chance and eventually being crazy enough to vote me onto your high council and eventually let me lead you for several months. I had a blast with you guys.
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

And it hurt us Dutchies because your chosen word was immediately linked to the Netherlands being evil. :P
GOLDEN WING
Wraith
Alliance: ~RiCoS_WÅrLoRdS~
Race: Heatwave
ID: 0

My bra se Fok jy ZEE EK se fok jy jou skuppie.

mean my brother said **** you ZEE i said"**** you skuppie (child)

well im failing Afrikaans but not a bad effort :) )

but yeh we are nice and happy in our country.

their are good area's here wealthy area's in SA like living on golf course or Estate's . its nice here :)
Golden's Trade feedback
13,340,362,434,249 power remaining, they manage to eliminate 720,000 of ??????'s Covert Ops!
20,630,871,718,938 power remaining, they manage to eliminate 2.970.149 of steeooo's Undercover Agents!
Dmonix
Count Duckula

GOLDEN WING wrote:My bra se *** jy ZEE EK se *** jy jou skuppie

hahahahaha, I haven't laughed that hard for a while :-D

I have a suspicion the failing afrikaans may be directly related to the swearing :-D just a hunch.

SA humour time, what's the best thing to come out of Southern Joburg?

[spoiler]The N3 North[/spoiler]

Spoiler
MaYHeM - You guys were the closest thing I've found to family in this game, thanks for giving me a chance and eventually being crazy enough to vote me onto your high council and eventually let me lead you for several months. I had a blast with you guys.
zizi710
Fledgling Forumer

lol.. Blue is for the skys or sumin.. Green is for the fertile lands.. errr... yellow is for that.. red is for ummm... that thing over there.. nd the rest is for aesthetics :P

Wikipedia wrote:Three of the colours — black, green and yellow — are found in the flag of the African National Congress. The other three — red, white and blue — are used in the modern flag of the Netherlands and the flag of the United Kingdom; the colours white and blue were also found in the old flag of South Africa. Former South African President F.W. de Klerk claimed in his autobiography, The Last Trek: a New Beginning, that chili red was chosen instead of plain red (which Anglo-Africans would have preferred) or orange (as Afrikaners would have preferred).

Lol GOLDEN WING: Jou Derems!! hoor jy van my? Ek sal braai vleis uit jou piel sal maak ;) (translation: Your rear end! Do you hear me? .. u'l dnt wana know the rest :P )
Last edited by zizi710 on Thu Nov 26, 2009 7:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
;)
Radiance wrote:No really, you are such a shining beacon of light, hope and joy in this world, here's me thinking you must be related to Mother Theresa. And please do not prove me right by saying you inflict more carnage as she did, because trust me, sweetheart, you do not.

>>>Trade Feedback<<<
Dmonix
Count Duckula

We'll slowly piece this together :-D

ok green - fertile lands
blue - blue skies
red - wars in our past and blood shed
yellow/gold - for the golden arc found in the gauteng earlier
white - peace that has come to our land? I dunno
black - I dunno :-D

Spoiler
[BoT] Jason
Forum History
Alliance: TA
Race: DIEDAYDIEDAY
ID: 13003152
Alternate name(s): Pimp,Slenderman

Dmonix wrote:black - I dunno :-D
blacks for the darkies who run this nation
Pimping

Feb 06, 06:16 Field Marshall Attack defended 15 88,977,968 0 x,x62,635,278,400 900,114 details

| | Hero of the Year | |

Winner: BMMJ13
GOLDEN WING
Wraith
Alliance: ~RiCoS_WÅrLoRdS~
Race: Heatwave
ID: 0

well the funny thing is a teacher says why u failed in afrikaans on ur papaer i can't understand it tho so i do it over and over again lol.
Golden's Trade feedback
13,340,362,434,249 power remaining, they manage to eliminate 720,000 of ??????'s Covert Ops!
20,630,871,718,938 power remaining, they manage to eliminate 2.970.149 of steeooo's Undercover Agents!
zizi710
Fledgling Forumer

Pimping D wrote:
Dmonix wrote:black - I dunno :-D
blacks for the darkies who run this nation

lol lol [-X That is not to be translated lol
;)

>>>Trade Feedback<<<
[BoT] Jason
Forum History

ek vuil maar ek is die suotiest soutie in soutiesville
Pimping

Feb 06, 06:16 Field Marshall Attack defended 15 88,977,968 0 x,x62,635,278,400 900,114 details

| | Hero of the Year | |

Dmonix
Count Duckula

Pimping D wrote:ek vuil

You're dirty? :-D :lol:

I somehow passed, even tohugh I suspect I was hungover when I wrote the exam :-D

Nou studeer ek by Rand Afrikaanse Universiteit :-D

Spoiler
[BoT] Jason
Forum History

Dmonix wrote: I suspect I was hungover when I wrote the exam :-D
thats when you write your name down fold your arms and sleep for 3 hours
Pimping

| | Hero of the Year | |

zizi710
Fledgling Forumer

Nah ah! jy is te vuil! steel jy all die mense se maagdelikheid :smt047
;)

>>>Trade Feedback<<<

Return to “Conventions, meetups”