2010 World Cup

For the discussion of sports. Moo?
LegendaryA
Forum Expert
Alliance: Lost Legends
ID: 7889

Re: 2010 World Cup

I meant that you might support team(s) who are, or aren't related to you, but, if you suddenly stop supporting them and switch to other team(s) out of the "pack" all of a sudden, then it's wrong.
Temp account.
Spoiler
>>Image <<
'Which country are you from?' [Poll]
Spoiler
~~New World Order (Novus Ordo Mundi) is bs. Novus ordo seclorum means "New World of the Ages".~~
Tek
Forum Elite
Alliance: Leaf Village
Race: A Village person
ID: 0

wow, some nonsense in here
"This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this. But I AM your King."

Decimus Tek (Main ID:1917687)
War. War Never Changes.
Spoiler

Hows my driving? Contact
Gloriousbarstard@hotmail.com
LegendaryA
Forum Expert

Tek wrote:wow, some nonsense in here

When you support a team, you support it during ups&downs, not only ups, even if it sounds strange for some people here to support it during downs as well.
Temp account.
Spoiler
>>Image <<
Spoiler
~~New World Order (Novus Ordo Mundi) is bs. Novus ordo seclorum means "New World of the Ages".~~
Tek
Forum Elite

Leg Apophis wrote:
Tek wrote:wow, some nonsense in here

When you support a team, you support it during ups&downs, not only ups, even if it sounds strange for some people here to support it during downs as well.

Theres a difference between 'supporting' a team and 'following' it though.

In the sense that as a supporter you have that connection with a team for whatever reason (IE myself with United/England) as a follower you simply have an affection for said team (IE myself with Bury FC, Uruguay this WC) and its quite common for that affection to change frequently.

Most people in this thread have simply 'followed' the progress of a few teams. You cant really change the team you support, because if you do you never supported them in the first place you simply followed.

Its all semantics anyways. Your not wrong legend, i just think your getting too caught up and not realising many people here are casual football fans with no really anchor in any particular port if you get my drift.

War. War Never Changes.
Spoiler

Hows my driving? Contact
LegendaryA
Forum Expert

I like Spain Portugal etc...but I got the jerzey about my country team, the stickers on the fridge, some dvds, etc...
I understand what you mean. But even, teams I "follow" I have liked those for a while. Sure it changed, but even those, I wouldn't change because they aren't good enough, or because they might perhaps have done something...

Also, if Spain would be to face France, I would support France, because I have been a fan since 1998.
Last edited by LegendaryA on Thu Jul 08, 2010 1:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Temp account.
Spoiler
>>Image <<
Spoiler
KnowLedge
Forum Elite
Race: Lord of all Daimon

listen, we all know that bribing is usually caught in football. BUT even you spain fan has to admit that this german team was not the same team that played england and argentina. I dont care how good spain is or was. the team that beat england and played with argentina wasnt it on that wednesday.

now here is why i would like to believe germany was bribed. Because this makes it easier for me to deal with the fact that they lost. thus its an excuses to fool my mind so it feels better. NOW we all must agree that something was different in that game.

NOW, aphophis, you say u like spain cause they play "good football" but they certainly have been just holding back and scoring only 1 goal and rather making the crowd bored with all their possesion, so what exactly do you like about spain's play aphophis?

ALSO, although germany did lose. Im not too sad, meullar and klose are going to take over ronaldo in score count and that is still something :)

Have fun and enjoy the rest of the world cup. SOMEONE eat the **Filtered** out of that octopus that predicted germany loss. I wont because im veggitarian, DO IT SOMEONE>

guys Know this, if bribes were given, then they will come out our view soon. Im sure some German fan is investigating this as we speak.
ask me anything, i shell provide you free knowledge

Untrained Units Sold : 1245 Million UU

Am I a Good trader??
http://stargatewars.herebegames.com/vie ... 8&t=114491
HellGirl is my **Filtered**!
Tek
Forum Elite

Do you watch football on the regular knowledge? Genuine question.

Its a very common occurance for teams to simply fail to show up, despite the sweeping form theyve been in. There's too many factors involved to ever expect 100% consistancy, its really not that strange or alien for a collapse like the one germany had Vs Spain.

Part of the attraction of the game really.

War. War Never Changes.
Spoiler

Hows my driving? Contact
LegendaryA
Forum Expert

KnowLedge wrote:listen, we all know that bribing is usually caught in football. BUT even you spain fan has to admit that this german team was not the same team that played england and argentina. I dont care how good spain is or was. the team that beat england and played with argentina wasnt it on that wednesday.

And Argentina against Germany wasn't same as before...we all come back to all the not unchanged teams during whole cup. As Tek said..

now here is why i would like to believe germany was bribed. Because this makes it easier for me to deal with the fact that they lost. thus its an excuses to fool my mind so it feels better. NOW we all must agree that something was different in that game.

NOW, aphophis, you say u like spain cause they play "good football" but they certainly have been just holding back and scoring only 1 goal and rather making the crowd bored with all their possesion, so what exactly do you like about spain's play aphophis?

Football isn't only about scoring. If you actually cared to watch their game carefully, you would have seen what I refer to.

Have fun and enjoy the rest of the world cup. SOMEONE eat the **Filtered** out of that octopus that predicted germany loss. I wont because im veggitarian, DO IT SOMEONE>

Someone has to give him a medal for all his right guesses you meant I hope?
Sooo jealous to see a smart animal be right...hahaha Paul FTW & long live to you!! :-D

guys Know this, if bribes were given, then they will come out our view soon. Im sure some German fan is investigating this as we speak.

Would some Argentina fan investigate as well? :-k
Temp account.
Spoiler
>>Image <<
Spoiler
KnowLedge
Forum Elite
Race: Lord of all Daimon

Leg Apophis wrote:
KnowLedge wrote:listen, we all know that bribing is usually caught in football. BUT even you spain fan has to admit that this german team was not the same team that played england and argentina. I dont care how good spain is or was. the team that beat england and played with argentina wasnt it on that wednesday.

And Argentina against Germany wasn't same as before...we all come back to all the not unchanged teams during whole cup. As Tek said..

Football isn't only about scoring. If you actually cared to watch their game carefully, you would have seen what I refer to.

Someone has to give him a medal for all his right guesses you meant I hope?
Sooo jealous to see a smart animal be right...hahaha Paul FTW & long live to you!! :-D

Would some Argentina fan investigate as well? :-k

lol you arragont prick, i was trying to say that im using the bribing excuss for my mind not for arguing you,
but guess what, i can be mean to

take this

Germany has won 3 world cup. That is more then your little spain and your little france combined.
so there, STHU arrogant prick.
suck on that for a while and then when you are done, ull be rdy to see spian lose to netherlands, and theyl be back to nothing
ask me anything, i shell provide you free knowledge

Untrained Units Sold : 1245 Million UU

Am I a Good trader??
http://stargatewars.herebegames.com/vie ... 8&t=114491
HellGirl is my **Filtered**!
LegendaryA
Forum Expert

KnowLedge wrote:lol you arragont prick, i was trying to say that im using the bribing excuss for my mind not for arguing you,
but guess what, i can be mean to

take this

Germany has won 3 world cup. That is more then your little spain and your little france combined.
so there, STHU arrogant prick.
suck on that for a while and then when you are done, ull be rdy to see spian lose to netherlands, and theyl be back to nothing

I already know that Germany won it thrice. There's always a bigger fish in the sea but that's how it is.

Players aren't machines, they have ups&downs. Not any team is exempted from that.
Temp account.
Spoiler
>>Image <<
Spoiler
GrizzZzzly
Furling
Alliance: Tauri Alliance
Race: Bear
ID: 29003

Argentina have a crap coach. How can you be the coach of Argentina and leave Riquelme out of the squad. He was always the key player in the past. He has a keen eye and can break defences from the middle. He's always been the centre of the Argentine team. Maradonna replaced him with Veron who is like 80.....
Spoiler
[TL]Brdavs says:
I reckon his mum gonna get him socks and stuff
time for me to step up :P
keep the childhood rolling
you know its over when you start getting underwear for christmas
I still tear up when I remember when my childhood ended like that
poof
one year legos
next year "brdavs, you`re 23 dont you think youre a bit old for legos now"
brutal I tell you
Spoiler
Mordack wrote:Personally, I am not a huge fan of life. I am of the general opinion that, from start to finish, it's painful and miserable; and that anybody that tells you differently is either trying to have sex with you or sell or you something.

Similarly, I believe that people in general are inherently flawed. Deep down, we are programmed to hurt one another; either physically or emotionally. People are naturally selfish and greedy; governed more by bestial urges than common sense or ethics. Society is a terrible thing, too. The more supposedly civilized we become, the more immorality and decadence become the main staple of our daily diet.

Before Lost concluded, my main flippant excuse for not killing myself was that I wanted to know how it ended. I will get back to you with a new one when I find it.
Spoiler
EPA BMMJ13 says:
:(
you should go eat
like 30 of them 32 oz steaks
Stanley says:
im stuffed right now
EPA BMMJ13 says:
store them in your cheeks for later
Thriller
Forum Addict
Alliance: Π Allegiance
Race: Replimecator

I think you can chalk the German loss to coaching strategy for the game.

They played the whole tournament with success playing a more possession oriented style that focussed on offense, then decided to go defensive for the big game and allowed the Spanish to retain the ball.

You don't do that for the big game, you stick with what was working.

@ Knowledge
You suck and i don't think that will ever change
Spoiler
Universe wrote:You don't have a case, as Lord Thriller clearly explained.
MajorLeeHurts wrote:^ stole the car and my Booze and my heart * sobs*
Jack wrote: Just wanna be more like you, Master Thriller. :-D
Clarkey
Multi Hunter

Honours and Awards

Who gives a crap about who supports who, who follows who through, who sells themselves to who.

Everyone has a right to support / follow / sell themselves ( :smt078 ) to whoever they want.

The World Cup is meant to be fun to follow, not have little hissy fits because some people don't like France, or Spain, or Germany, or because people know how easy it is to wind up certain individuals. ;)
Image ImageImageImage
Nigatsu_Aka
Forum Elder

Thriller wrote:I think you can chalk the German loss to coaching strategy for the game.

They played the whole tournament with success playing a more possession oriented style that focussed on offense, then decided to go defensive for the big game and allowed the Spanish to retain the ball.

You don't do that for the big game, you stick with what was working.

@ Knowledge
You suck and i don't think that will ever change

I agree with your post about the german tactic used in the last match... but stating that knowledge sucks is a bit off... :-$

Anyway, i've seen people in this thread and comments on media about what should do or what should not do to that octopus... IMO that animal behaviour should be investigated, because it's uncommon... and if i'd have an animal who guesses scores with such high rate of correct guesses for football matches i'd definately not make sushi from it. ;)

Also, a sports fan has the right to support who he wants, based on his individual believes... who are you to question his/hers choice(s).

I've been a fan of Germany, Nederlands thourought the WC tournament... maybe i want to be a fan of Spain in the final... i'm not allowed or what?

Either teams deserve the title... but i'd go for Nederland because i like the record breakings... for example, did you knew that if they win the final, they are the first European team to win all the matches from the qualifiers and the tournament? I want that achievement for an european team... Brazil did it in the '60s or '70 with Pele. ;)
Last edited by Nigatsu_Aka on Thu Jul 08, 2010 11:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.
LegendaryA
Forum Expert

Nigatsu_Aka wrote:Anyway, i've seen people in this thread and comments on media about what should do or what should not do to that octopus... IMO that animal behaviour should be investigated, because it's uncommon... and if i'd have an animal who guesses scores with such high rate of correct guesses for football matches i'd definately not make sushi from it. ;)

I am on the side of those who think he deserves a medal or something.
Even read somewhere on the internet someone said he deserves nobel prize. Why not! :-D
What he does is indeed uncommon, and I don't see why his uniqueness shouldn't be awarded...who knows...a nobel prize for animals? :razz:
Temp account.
Spoiler
>>Image <<
Spoiler

Return to “Sports Section”