The Invasion of General

Ombudsman Case Archives
Jack
Evil Reincarnated
Alliance: The Empire
Race: Dragonborn
ID: 6475

Re: The Invasion of General

Semper wrote:They're not separate communities and this is a silly idea to uphold. They're different parts of the same community and all follow the same rules.

Austin and San Antonio are in the same state but hardly the same community, they don't even share an accent.

Too much distance for your taste? West Austin and east Austin are the same city, but are still very different communities.

Hell, you can even say the same for various neighborhoods in the same section of a city.

The point here is that it's not silly to say that the spammer community is a different community that the General community. The same can be said of the debate community and even the trader community. It's the same forum, but different communities. Just because they mingle together does not that they can't be radically different than each other.
Ya'll acting like you know what monster is
Me have 25 years in the monster biz
All monsters think you can fuss with this
Well you can talk to me Snuffleupagus
Me sneak into your house, me leave before dawn
Your daughters will be pregnant and your cookies will be gone
Malx wrote:Make kids not cancer!
semper
The sharp-tongued devil you can't seem to forget...
Race: God
ID: 0

Jack wrote:
Semper wrote:They're not separate communities and this is a silly idea to uphold. They're different parts of the same community and all follow the same rules.

Austin and San Antonio are in the same state but hardly the same community, they don't even share an accent.

Too much distance for your taste? West Austin and east Austin are the same city, but are still very different communities.

Hell, you can even say the same for various neighborhoods in the same section of a city.

The point here is that it's not silly to say that the spammer community is a different community that the General community. The same can be said of the debate community and even the trader community. It's the same forum, but different communities. Just because they mingle together does not that they can't be radically different than each other.

I am sorry... even if I were to entirely agree with your opinions. Does one community within a city get a different set of laws? [-X

I didn't think so. Perhaps the people who are meant to up hold the law are corrupt and subjective... but then everyone is.. but they all get the same laws, which was my point.

However.. I am happy to agree that the spam temple community may differ a lot from those who use General.. but as said previously.. the laws and rules don't change.. and as I am sure most will agree.. looking at yourselves as being different.. only adds to it. I am very confident that a lot of the general users don't view the spam temple users as a separate community, they might not care about the spam temple.. but I stand by that last sentiment.

Ultimately as well... it doesn't negate the actions that were taken, nor does it excuse the actions you performed.
Accolades/Titles:
Spoiler
Started Playing: April 2005
Honours (5): Hall of Fame 2009. Annual Awards Host 2008, 2009, 2013, 2014 and 2015.
Winner (12): RP'er of the Year 2008, Runner Up Poster of the Year 2008, Debater of the Year 2008, War of the Year 2008, Poster of the Year 2009, Alliance of the Year 2009 (Nemesis Sect, Creator), Alliance War of the Year 2009 (Nempire vs Mayhem, Instigator), RP'er Runner Up 2009, Knew You'd Be Back 2010, Conflict of the Decade (FUALL v TF), Conflict of the Decade Runner Up (Ga vs TF), Alliance of the Decade (TDD).
Nominated (8): Writer of the year 2007, Avatar of the Year 2007, Poster of the Year 2007, Villain of the Year 2008, Player Sig 2008, Race Player of the Year 2009, Most Missed 2010, Alliance Leadership 2010, Most Missed 2011.
Commands (3): Supreme System Lord 2008, 2010, 2011 and 2012. System Lord Council 2006 - present. Dark Lord and Emperor of the Nempire 2009 - 2011.
Alliances (9): DDE, EA, OSL, TFUR, DDEII, AI, RM, WoB, Nemesis.
Forum Roles (4): Former Misc GM, Race Mod (Goa'uld), Debate forum patriarch and mod.
Psi Kiya Trist
The Timeless One
ID: 4266

Honours and Awards

Semper wrote:
Jack wrote:

I am sorry... even if I were to entirely agree with your opinions. Does one community within a city get a different set of laws? [-X

I didn't think so. Perhaps the people who are meant to up hold the law are corrupt and subjective... but then everyone is.. but they all get the same laws, which was my point.

However.. I am happy to agree that the spam temple community may differ a lot from those who use General.. but as said previously.. the laws and rules don't change.. and as I am sure most will agree.. looking at yourselves as being different.. only adds to it. I am very confident that a lot of the general users don't view the spam temple users as a separate community, they might not care about the spam temple.. but I stand by that last sentiment.

Ultimately as well... it doesn't negate the actions that were taken, nor does it excuse the actions you performed.

same laws?

like the laws that says the temple can be invaded? but general can't?
buck wrote:well psi, upkeeping order in the universe does play its tricks on your mind...
semper

The spam temple was not invaded. What nonsense.
Accolades/Titles:
Spoiler
Honours (5): Hall of Fame 2009. Annual Awards Host 2008, 2009, 2013, 2014 and 2015.
Winner (12): RP'er of the Year 2008, Runner Up Poster of the Year 2008, Debater of the Year 2008, War of the Year 2008, Poster of the Year 2009, Alliance of the Year 2009 (Nemesis Sect, Creator), Alliance War of the Year 2009 (Nempire vs Mayhem, Instigator), RP'er Runner Up 2009, Knew You'd Be Back 2010, Conflict of the Decade (FUALL v TF), Conflict of the Decade Runner Up (Ga vs TF), Alliance of the Decade (TDD).
Nominated (8): Writer of the year 2007, Avatar of the Year 2007, Poster of the Year 2007, Villain of the Year 2008, Player Sig 2008, Race Player of the Year 2009, Most Missed 2010, Alliance Leadership 2010, Most Missed 2011.
Commands (3): Supreme System Lord 2008, 2010, 2011 and 2012. System Lord Council 2006 - present. Dark Lord and Emperor of the Nempire 2009 - 2011.
Forum Roles (4): Former Misc GM, Race Mod (Goa'uld), Debate forum patriarch and mod.
Psi Kiya Trist
The Timeless One

Honours and Awards

Semper wrote:The spam temple was not invaded. What nonsense.

ah, but that's where you're wrong.
buck wrote:well psi, upkeeping order in the universe does play its tricks on your mind...
semper

Psi Kiya Trist wrote:
Semper wrote:The spam temple was not invaded. What nonsense.

ah, but that's where you're wrong.

Well...I would ask you to do me and everyone else the favour of providing evidence....

but I am not going to lie. This decision was accompanied by support from the highest levels... I have no need to discuss this any further. It's been done.
Accolades/Titles:
Spoiler
Psi Kiya Trist
The Timeless One

Honours and Awards

you mean, Gunz coming into the temple and "trolling" the Lesbians thread was not an invasion?

of which the "punishment" was reversed?
Rienna
Really Rienna :p
Alliance: T I T α N S
Race: Tollen
ID: 91926
Alternate name(s): La Reine Du Chaos

Mordack wrote:If this escapade was an attempt to draw attention to what you consider to be unfair moderation within the temple itself, then I'd suggest writing up an official complaint through the proper channels. Rienna writes well. Get her to do it.

Okay.
semper

Psi Kiya Trist wrote:you mean, Gunz coming into the temple and "trolling" the Lesbians thread was not an invasion?

of which the "punishment" was reversed?

I am not discussing that issue further. It's been settled.. and the spammers lost the case of the matter. It was not an invasion.
Accolades/Titles:
Spoiler
Angnoch
Dancing Shark God
Alliance: ~Leaf Village~
Race: Care Bear
ID: 1917273

when there is a no temple user group it most certainly is
Spoiler
Jack
Evil Reincarnated

Semper wrote:I am sorry... even if I were to entirely agree with your opinions. Does one community within a city get a different set of laws? [-X

The Colorado River runs through the middle of Bastrop Texas, with downtown Bastrop being built next to the river. Now Bastrop is split in half by this river and the only way to get from one side to the other is a bridge in the middle of downtown Bastrop. Now seeing as this bridge resides in the heart of Bastrop, you would think that Bastrop city laws apply to it. Not true. [-X The bidge is actually somehow outside of the city limits, and therefore abides by Bastrop county and Texas state law.

So here we have the same community and different laws. Next question?
semper

[-X
and it has slightly different laws applying to it, your point being? Are people allowed to murder inside or outside the city limits? Are they allowed to steal or J-walk? Do all of those fundamental laws cease to be? I think not...

the same way as in spam is allowed in the temple and not elsewhere is the answer to your further queries as for the minor differences. The fundamental laws apply to everyone...unfortunately for you all the main forum rules are fundamental ones.

Yeah, well done.. you forced me to make a slight change to my wording.. but the point stands.
Accolades/Titles:
Spoiler
Angnoch
Dancing Shark God
Alliance: ~Leaf Village~
Race: Care Bear
ID: 1917273

what we did was a hell of a lot more fun than what Gunz and JT did......
Spoiler
Jack
Evil Reincarnated

Semper wrote:[-X
and it has slightly different laws applying to it, your point being? Are people allowed to murder inside or outside the city limits? Are they allowed to steal or J-walk? Do all of those fundamental laws cease to be? I think not...

the same way as in spam is allowed in the temple and not elsewhere is the answer to your further queries as for the minor differences. The fundamental laws apply to everyone...unfortunately for you all the main forum rules are fundamental ones.

Exactly my point, Semper, ole pal.

No one has said that fundamental rules do not apply to the Temple, rather we have claimed that more stringent rules based on some of the fundamental rules apply in the Temple(no flaming for instance :-$) whereas they would not be enforced so strictly elsewhere.

As such, when you go into the Temple to flame everyone, you are invading it just as much as when you go into General to spam. I'm so glad we could see eye to eye on this, Semper. :-D
Rienna
Really Rienna :p
Alliance: T I T α N S
Race: Tollen
ID: 91926
Alternate name(s): La Reine Du Chaos

Tetrismonkey wrote:
little kimmy wrote:
Semper wrote:As for how they broke the rules and guidelines I followed...

The forum rules wrote:Section 9: Exceptional circumstances.
In the very rare event that a user causes an extremely large disturbance to the community, the administration reserves the right to place a ban on that user until the problem can be resolved. Users banned in such a way will be told and will have the right to appeal to the Ombudsperson.

except, you're not administration, you're moderation, completely different and thus outside your powers.

Greased Gerbil wrote:"General invading into the temple". This concept is confusing. What do you mean by that?

when jedi~tank and GunZ came into the temple of spam to "protest" the "lesbians" thread, they invaded the temple with the specific purpose to shut down at least part of the the temple.

that is an invasion of malicious intent. far worse than what occured here tonight.

](*,)

So, doing what has been done is any better than what GunZ and JT did? if you wish to make a point, dont make the same mistakes...

A cooloff period for 24hours beats warnings. Atleast your not one step closer to a 2 week ban? This, is a much lighter response than what should have been given.

Wait. Hold up a second here, I thought that what GunZ and JT did was justified by the mod team, and the administration of this game and forums. And yet here you are telling the spammers not to make the same mistakes. HUH.

And - what should have been given? oh, you mean the warnings that any other forum user would have gotten, to which they could have made the conscious decision to adhere to or ignore? was that not the same right given to GunZ and JT when they invaded the Temple?

That is the reason we're so angry. Cooldown period? funny, but nice try. All you've done is show us that you will not tolerate us yet again. If anything, you have managed to anger the spam community farther. At least with a warning they could have made the CONSCIOUS decision to continue their actions or not themselves, but there wasn't even a verbal warning. The original thread was moved without a post, the second one had Semper as a non mod say "stop the invasion", and then was immediately moved. Threads after that were moved or deleted so fast there was not even time for the spammers to explain why they were doing what they were doing, and the spammers were banned without given a fair chance. Take a look at their histories, ESPECIALLY Psi. The three who were banned have always been respectful forum members, and for YEARS! They have years of following rules under their belts, so they one time in a fit of rage posted against forum rules. Has not your administration already proven to be sympathetic to that? So why is it okay for some forum members to post in anger but not others? Where is the equality in that?

Return to “Case Archives”