mods who abuse there power even when a simple mistake

Ombudsman Case Archives
tarzan
Fledgling Forumer

mods who abuse there power even when a simple mistake

there was this post made bye little pony over a situation with sam a mod and was a good question .

then another mod (bias) decided to close it with out being ask to bye the writer of it ..

a mod who right befor (bias) said the right thing, some people where getting off topic and that the writer if satisfied could ask for it to be closed ..

post should have remain open untill sam had a chance to explain why it happen the way it did .

i know sam ingame and do not beleave it was done intentionaly or with any bad reason .sam is a good person i do feel the person deserved a explanation as to what happen a simple mistake made no big deal ...but to compound one mistake with another tends to become a big mistake .

i do beleave being a mod is not easy but to exsept the job is your choice to set a example and to be fair and just and not to abuse your position is your job ..

to try to cover it up and bury it is not your job ..everybody makes mistakes
own up to it and move on

may all warnings small or big be given to all who earn them not just the people you dont like .....
Empy
Derper
Race: Eldar

Re: mods who abuse there power even when a simple mistake

You could've PM'd this to Offensive Bias.

For the record of me posting right before Bias, I am only a Section Moderator while she is a Global Moderator and thus outranks me... she no matter what she is right :-D

Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561198036220818]Image[/url]
Spoiler
zeekomkommer
Forum Addict
Alliance: sigma leader
Race: systemlord
ID: 70578

what topic ?
what post got a warning ?
who got the warinig ?
deni
The Initiate
Alliance: THE DARK DOMINIUM
Race: Goddess
ID: 75493

Honours and Awards

If Sam wants to reply, he can do so despite the topic being locked.

I do not see why he needs you to talk to his fellow mods. And I do not see why you have to involve the ombudsman over an issue like that, especially since it does not involve you directly.

If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe.

Keep smiling, it makes people wonder what you're up to
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

:-k #-o

zeekomkommer wrote:what topic ?
what post got a warning ?
who got the warinig ?
Good question. :?
Zeratul
Elder Administrator
Alliance: Lucian Alliance
Race: Templar
ID: 7
Alternate name(s): Hrefna
Reitha

Honours and Awards

We have checked... there were no warnings issued in this case, nor should there have been...

Please, do not beat this user over the head with it, we have the impression that he is relatively new to these forums... Most likely the case was a misunderstanding...
The topic has also been unlocked, so it should no longer be an issue...
"Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the gods, Browsers shall be changed to carry the internet out amongst the peoples and we will spread Firefox to all the unbelievers. The power of the Firefox will be felt far and wide and the wicked users of IE shall be converted to use the true browsers."

Curious about our color? Feel free to ask...
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

Zeratul wrote:We have checked... there were no warnings issued in this case, nor should there have been...

Please, do not beat this user over the head with it, we have the impression that he is relatively new to these forums... Most likely the case was a misunderstanding...
The topic has also been unlocked, so it should no longer be an issue...
(To clarify; the topic in the last line, would be the thread "My little pony" started in Newbie/FAQ forum. The thread in Forum & Mod Feedback had run it's course and served no further purpose.)
deni
The Initiate
Alliance: THE DARK DOMINIUM
Race: Goddess
ID: 75493

Honours and Awards

The complaint here is not about Sammael closing the topic in the FAQ Forum, but about Offensive Bias closing the topic in the Feedback section in that my little pony complained about the closing of his original topic without giving Sammael the chance to reply there.

Congrats everyone on blowing a situation totally out of proportion. But hey, screaming "abuse of mod powers" seems in fashion lately.

Don't you guys realize that with bringing petty issues to the ombudsman, you are damaging his position? How can he or probably legit complaints brought forward be taken seriously, when 99% of the time he is dealing with issues that could be solved by pm with a simple explanation?

If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe.

Keep smiling, it makes people wonder what you're up to
zeekomkommer
Forum Addict
Alliance: sigma leader
Race: systemlord
ID: 70578

since there realy isn't a case and i realy don't understand atm (to busy with the end of server war) i'm closing the topic

it serves no point anyways

Return to “Case Archives”