For the protection of our Forum Users! BAN THESE WORDS!

for FORUM issues, complaints, requests, bugs, etc - - not game related...
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

Re: For the protection of our Forum Users! BAN THESE WORDS!

Zeratul wrote:claiming that it is what grows on the fig tree (also known as ficus tree) is not a good reason... the product of that tree is a fruit, not a nut...
/argument
RoKeT
Forum Zombie
Race: The King Jaffa

I personally had no idea what the meaning was and was not offended, in myself, but he does have a point if your going to ban all offensive words why not ban ALL offensive words...
Ex Mod
Looking for an Account?
Spoiler
I can find you one...
21 Accounts sold to Date
Spoiler
Jim
Pony Princess
Alliance: MaYHeM
Race: Asgard
ID: 45162
Alternate name(s): Bucephalus
Kishin

fignuts
An exclaimation of displeasure, often used by a certain character on Sealab 2021.
I lost my keys, oh fignuts!
yofeehely
Forum Irregular
Race: Beer Lord
ID: 69853

deni wrote:Can't say I did not try ...

To show you the flaw in your logic: the f-word is used in its primary meaning to describe the act of copulating. "Making love" describes the very same act. Now tell me, does the f-word being a "bad" word lead to "making love" being just as bad?

Ok so if anyone wants their children educated in sex please refer them to here... Honestly once again this is not the same or anywhere near the same as our name.

And yes 'making love' is a bad word if you use the reasoning behind the banning of our name... IF you can't see the relevance then in my opinion none of you should be mods/admins.

Argument is simple really... Our name is a made up word... A certain website which is in itself a humorous joke decided to give it a certain meaning...

This 'meaning' is not even as offensive as saying 'making love' around children (who more than likely frequent this forum).
This 'meaning' is not even as offensive to some as calling them an 'idiot' or 'simpleton' which are words used here in this forum.
This 'meaning' is not as offensive as being called a "pedantic little **Filtered**" by the very person that has instigated this banning.

So in summary our name means (according to a comic website)...
Stupid, Ugly, Unsociable and Loser.

Are any of these words banned here? NO! Are they used? HELL YES!

Oh sorry and back on topic... Can we please get around to filtering all of the words outlined in my original post?

Oh and you should probably add "pedantic little **Filtered**" to the list as well!
Jim
Pony Princess
Kishin

Another entry for fignut: Fignut
Someone who is really stupid or just a moron
He is a total fignut.

Not terribly offensive in that sense really.

Also, bear in mind that the word was created for a show that contained PG episodes and did not exceed PG-14 rating for USA
Last edited by Jim on Wed Apr 07, 2010 5:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
yofeehely
Forum Irregular
Race: Beer Lord
ID: 69853

Man Called Jim wrote:Another entry for **Filtered**: **Filtered**
Someone who is really stupid or just a moron
He is a total **Filtered**.

Not terribly offensive in that sense really.

Also, bear in mind that the word was created for a show that contained PG episodes and did not exceed PG-14 rating.

:lol:
RoKeT
Forum Zombie
Race: The King Jaffa

tiss wat i'm saying and if Jim is correct the word is on a pg-13 rating show, lol or PG which means nothing lol :) just trying to help...
Ex Mod
Looking for an Account?
Spoiler
I can find you one...
21 Accounts sold to Date
Spoiler
Jim
Pony Princess
Kishin

Certification:New Zealand:M | Australia:M | Canada:14+ (TV rating) | Canada:18+ (TV re-rating) | USA:TV-PG (some episodes) | Argentina:13 | USA:TV-14

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0278877/
Hoochivette
Forum Intermediate
Alliance: Pure Poison
Race: Tollan
ID: 0

Seriously, someone found a definition on URBAN DICTIONARY and went on a crusade to get the word banned.

How about if we found a definition for Juliette on the same website defining the word as "loser emo woman with a dead boyfriend" would that get juliette banned?

Lets find out, I'll go put in an entry on urban dictionary right now :)

PS my comment above was related to Juliette from Romeo and Juliette and not the forum fighter previously known as Offensive Bias
Poison is good for the soul
Man Called Jim wrote:SHUDDUP HOOCH!
Prior - Prophet - Messiah - Incarnate - LG - LG1 - LG2 - LG3 - LG4 - AG - EAG
- AGL
- IAG - TAG - PTAG - LTAG - QTAG - KTAG - GAG - TOE - TUS - TUN - TUK
Jim
Pony Princess
Kishin

SuperSaiyan wrote:it would be different, as there would be other definitions for the word...
to my knowledge, the one this thread is supposedly about has just the one ;)

Wrong.
I have quoted a different one already and will give you another:

Someone who's testicles resemble figs.
"I spent all day in the pool and now I have fignuts!"

also there are two about sexual manouvers.
Hoochivette
Forum Intermediate
Alliance: Pure Poison
Race: Tollan

SuperSaiyan wrote:
Hoochivette wrote:Seriously, someone found a definition on URBAN DICTIONARY and went on a crusade to get the word banned.

How about if we found a definition for Juliette on the same website defining the word as "loser emo woman with a dead boyfriend" would that get juliette banned?

Lets find out, I'll go put in an entry on urban dictionary left now :)

PS my comment above was related to Juliette from Romeo and Juliette and not the forum fighter previously known as Offensive Bias

it would be different, as there would be other definitions for the word...
to my knowledge, the one this thread is supposedly about has just the one ;)

Check back in an hour or so, I think I fixed that :P
Poison is good for the soul
Man Called Jim wrote:SHUDDUP HOOCH!
Prior - Prophet - Messiah - Incarnate - LG - LG1 - LG2 - LG3 - LG4 - AG - EAG
- AGL
- IAG - TAG - PTAG - LTAG - QTAG - KTAG - GAG - TOE - TUS - TUN - TUK
Legendary Apophis
Forum History
Alliance: Generations
Race: System Lord
ID: 7889
Alternate name(s): Apophis the Great

Well, people don't care about negatively rated definitions from this site (you can always find those often offensive definitions in bottom of urban dictionary results).
However, word filtered in question has first definition as a rude one (one best rated). Well, as for "Juliette" word best rated definition...

Juliette: A really beautiful girl. Always the nicest and has very pretty hair. The one to keep everyone happy. Has a mean streak though and most likely stays with her group of friends. Also average on the smartness level and has a great sense of style.

So point -about those two words' definitions confronted in urban dictionary-, is moot I suppose?
Last edited by Legendary Apophis on Wed Apr 07, 2010 6:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Spoiler

Incarnate - LG - LG1 - LG2 - LG3 - LG4 - AG - EAG ~ AGoL - Completed
Spoiler
<Dmonix> Damnit Jim how come every conversation with you always ends up discussing something deep and meaningful?
<Dmonix> We always end up discussing male/female differences or politics or football
<Dmonix> All the really important issues in life
Jim
Pony Princess
Kishin

Apparently Jim is a descreet way of saying erection.

yay.

No this is not spam, it has a point. No that was not an intented joke
naughty nob
Forum Irregular
Alliance: FIGNUTS

Legendary Apophis wrote:Well, people don't care about negatively rated definitions from this site (you can always find those often offensive definitions in top of urban dictionary results).
However, word filtered in question has first definition as a rude one (one best rated). Well, as for "Juliette" word best rated definition...

Juliette: A really beautiful girl. Always the nicest and has very pretty hair. The one to keep everyone happy. Has a mean streak though and most likely stays with her group of friends. Also average on the smartness level and has a great sense of style.

So point -about those two words' definitions confronted in urban dictionary-, is moot I suppose?

:smt078

sorry just couldnt help myself :lol:
deni
The Initiate
Alliance: THE DARK DOMINIUM
Race: Goddess
ID: 75493

Honours and Awards

Actually the fig is one of the symbols for sexuality and sexual pleasure in most classical cultures (for example the egyptic, messopotamic, hindu and roman cultures). The forbidden fruit was not the apple as depicted in many drawings/paintings but the fig (at least MIchelangelo got it right in the Sistine Chapel frescoes). The fig tree was the symbol of the greek god Dionysos and his roman counterpart Bacchus.

In many cultures people see a similarity between the female genetials and the open fig fruit. Thus it has become a term (sometimes derogatory) for the female genitalia - this is the case in Italian for example.

That's why I do find it rather amusing that some of you are trying to deny the "sexually loaded" background of the fig.

And before any misunderstandings occur: I am not pleading to have the word fig filtered nor is this a statement about if the word "fignut" should be filtered or not - although I do find the combination of terms associated with the female and male reproductive organs in a single word very creative.

EDIT: Jim made me aware that I posted in an already locked topic. Sorry :oops:

If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe.

Keep smiling, it makes people wonder what you're up to

Return to “Forum Specific Issues/Requests/Bugs (NOT GAME ISSUES)”