DEAR "moderator"

Want to address a Forum Mod directly? Here you go...
If you want a SPECIFIC mod, use PM, but for any mod, this is the quickest place...
bebita
Forum Zombie
Alliance: Familly
Race: brothers
ID: 0

DEAR "moderator"

Duderanch wrote:The following is a warning which has been issued to you by an administrator or moderator of this site.
This is a warning regarding the following post made by you: viewtopic.php?f=62&p=2115054#p2115054 .

b. Replies
Replies will be considered spam if they do not contribute to the discussion of the topic. This may include off topic posting or an excessive number of posts that contain nothing more than emoticons or small words such as ‘lol’. While it is appropriate to indicate something is amusing, drowning out a whole thread with such posts makes it hard to follow for all users.

Consequence:
A polite note from a moderator will be issued requesting the user cut down the amount of irrelevant posts. Repeat offenders will be given one warning point.
Spoiler
Tziki wrote:
Bebita a known Spy from the server war, who joined TO under false pretences yet again has a filthy trick up his sleave. In fact it appears the Filth up his sleave is DDE and Mayhem. When confronted about them supporting Bebita and Rob3rt (as there were suspicions as to be a tiny account got his MS and Naq / Turns etc) neither deny their involved behind the scenes but instead hint towards it being a coincidence.
R8 wrote:the shock of seeing bebita in my attack logs after so long was too much to handle so I had to hit vac mode to try and recover for a few days

catch ya later :D
bebita
Forum Zombie

Re: DEAR "moderator"

from what i know Galactic colososeum is a topic for WARS
is not OBLIGATION OR REQUIRED to post constructive
U CAN'T OLIGATE ME TO KISS THE OWNER OF THE TOPIC
this way I REQUEST duderanch THE "MODERATOR" TO BE REMOVED from his dutie since is clear he doesn't have a clue about what galactic coloseum means
and PLEASE put my posts back where they belong
Spoiler
Tziki wrote:
Bebita a known Spy from the server war, who joined TO under false pretences yet again has a filthy trick up his sleave. In fact it appears the Filth up his sleave is DDE and Mayhem. When confronted about them supporting Bebita and Rob3rt (as there were suspicions as to be a tiny account got his MS and Naq / Turns etc) neither deny their involved behind the scenes but instead hint towards it being a coincidence.
R8 wrote:the shock of seeing bebita in my attack logs after so long was too much to handle so I had to hit vac mode to try and recover for a few days

Clarkey
Multi Hunter

Honours and Awards

You want Duderanch removed because of this? ](*,)

Did you speak to Duderanch personally about this before running to Oms? Don't answer that.... I can easily guess the answer.

The only thing I see wrong here is that the offending post was not placed in the actual warning, which should be done.

Why this issue should warrant the removal of Duderanch is beyond me.

P.S. The removal of a Moderator is not an Ombudsman issue therefore that request does not belong here.
Last edited by Clarkey on Thu Jun 10, 2010 11:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image ImageImageImage
bebita
Forum Zombie

i was banned 5 days because of him
he should pay
Spoiler
Tziki wrote:

Mordack
The Spider
ID: 8500

Honours and Awards

I am against the warning, but as Clarkey so helpfully pointed out; the ombudsmen have no jurisdiction to hire and fire moderators. I will, however, respond to the warning in question.

War threads are neither owned by their creators, nor limited to those involved. By posting a war thread on a public forum, you are inviting the public to comment on it. If the two sides just want to trade pats on the back, then they should make their own forum and start a group conversation on MSN.
"I bet you thought you'd seen the last of me.."

(TB)
Duderanch
Internet Hero
Alliance: MaYHeM
Race: Ancient
ID: 58491

I warned you for this post viewtopic.php?f=62&p=2115054#p2115054 .

Earlier in the thread, a verbal warning was given to everyone by solus to stop spam, you was even mentioned by name.

You then quoted Solus' post to stop spamming, with spam.

Forum rules definition of spam wrote:b. Replies
Replies will be considered spam if they do not contribute to the discussion of the topic. This may include off topic posting or an excessive number of posts that contain nothing more than emoticons or small words such as ‘lol’. While it is appropriate to indicate something is amusing, drowning out a whole thread with such posts makes it hard to follow for all users.

As you disregarded a verbal warning to stop spamming, i issued you with a board warning.
The trade broker reports trade from Surtr to *Teesdale_ of 100,000,000 Naq for 33,000,000,000,000 Naq is complete.

Barbara! says: haha ok you can have a piece of my soul for 50bil naq

Skype= dan_P_@msn.com
Teesdale
[21:06:02] Jake/Tees: does black market work in there?
[21:06:18] robert: nah
[21:06:24] robert: uu go in miners
[21:06:24] Duderanch: Yeah Ben said did but can't untrin miners so no point
[21:06:37] Jake/Tees: sweet, so methlad not be able to fight back :D
[21:06:46] Jake/Tees: EADC
Naq sold in 2017 - 21q
bebita
Forum Zombie

i am posting for like 3 years in galactic coloseum on sgw forums
never i was obligated by moderators to have a conduit
i was always a simple happy user of this forums and i tried to not pass the line that is required on this forums
but now i was banned 5 days for a reason that didn't broke any rulles of this forums and i don't want to happen again
what i should do like a user who have over 80% of his posts in galactic coloseum to have the pleasure to post like i always posted?
Duderanch wrote:I warned you for this post viewtopic.php?f=62&p=2115054#p2115054 .

Earlier in the thread, a verbal warning was given to everyone by solus to stop spam, you was even mentioned by name.

As you disregarded a verbal warning to stop spamming, i issued you with a board warning.

where is solus post?
i was going to make another topic just for his reply but seems post disseapeared ](*,)
Spoiler
Tziki wrote:

Clarkey
Multi Hunter

Honours and Awards

I remember this incident clearly as i was the one that reported your post as spam.

Why did i report it as spam? Because it had no relevance to the thread at hand. Although i had nothing to do with the warning or ban, i just reported the post.

Now usually when a Moderator posts a public verbal warning such as Solus did, people generally accept it or ignore it and get warned.

However, the post of yours that I reported was you responding to Solus because you didn't like the fact that he verbally warned people (yourself included) for spam/off topic.

Now if you had an issue with Solus's verbal warning, you should have done 1 or a combination of the following:

1 - PM Solus about it
2 - PM Juliette about it as head of General
3 - PM admins about it (preferably if your attempt to reason with the Mod in question failed)
4 - Failing all that you post a thread about it in the Forum and Moderator Feedback section.

You do not respond to the verbal warning in the thread that the Moderator posted it in. Why? Because that response then has nothing to do with the actual thread at hand and therefore will be considered spam / off topic.

You have been on this forum for many years, that's enough time by now for you to have learnt how to handle things like that.
Image ImageImageImage
bebita
Forum Zombie

Clarkey wrote:I remember this incident clearly as i was the one that reported your post as spam.

Why did i report it as spam? Because it had no relevance to the thread at hand. Although i had nothing to do with the warning or ban, i just reported the post.

Now usually when a Moderator posts a public verbal warning such as Solus did, people generally accept it or ignore it and get warned.

However, the post of yours that I reported was you responding to Solus because you didn't like the fact that he verbally warned people (yourself included) for spam/off topic.

Now if you had an issue with Solus's verbal warning, you should have done 1 or a combination of the following:

1 - PM Solus about it
2 - PM Juliette about it as head of General
3 - PM admins about it (preferably if your attempt to reason with the Mod in question failed)
4 - Failing all that you post a thread about it in the Forum and Moderator Feedback section.

You do not respond to the verbal warning in the thread that the Moderator posted it in. Why? Because that response then has nothing to do with the actual thread at hand and therefore will be considered spam / off topic.

You have been on this forum for many years, that's enough time by now for you to have learnt how to handle things like that.

following your post i have 2 options
to report your post because from what i know u have no right to post here and this will be exactly what u did to my post where a moderator talked with me on forums and i respond it in the same manner(YES HE TALKED WITH ME AND HE DIDN'T PM ME AND I AM NOT OBLIGATED TO EAT WHAT HE DROPS FROM WHAT I KNOW)
AND I ANSWER TO VERBAL WARNING LIKE I SHOULD RESPOND
IN THE SAME MANNER MODERATOR TALKED WITH ME
from my knowedge moderator should be example for other and i follow his example
Spoiler
Tziki wrote:

Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

Duderanch wrote:I warned you for this post viewtopic.php?f=62&p=2115054#p2115054 .

Good course of action. I see no fault in Duderanch's handling this issue.
When the posters in a thread are warned not to spam, spamming that thread results in a warning. This is how it has always been, and how it shall always be until the Administration changes standard procedure.

Bebita is obviously confusing our beloved Galactic Colosseum with some other forum, somewhere. :-s A forum where the warnings moderators give are mere mentions to brush aside without consequence.
Bebita, your record speaks for itself. You know to take the remarks a moderator makes seriously. Are you not the same who complained about people 'spamming his threads'? How would that be possible, if as you say, the Galactic Colosseum is a place to spam without regard for earlier moderator directions.. :o Surely you agree that a semblance of order is required, in order to protect you (and in fact all of the Galactic Colosseum) from the spammers. That order is created by the moderators, for want of self control on the part of some of the residents. Now, would you really like to argue that the Galactic Colosseum is not supposed to be moderated? Would you really like to argue that things, which have been this way for years, should suddenly change because you received a warning you feel is unfair?

And to request the firing of one of my section moderators, without talking to me or that particular moderator? I think not.
Even if that warning is removed, which I wouldn't make an issue of, Duderanch did his job. And he did it as we have always done, regardless of how you feel about being on the receiving end of that.

bebita wrote:following your post i have 2 options
to report your post because from what i know u have no right to post here and this will be exactly what u did to my post where a moderator talked with me on forums and i respond it in the same manner(YES HE TALKED WITH ME AND HE DIDN'T PM ME AND I AM NOT OBLIGATED TO EAT WHAT HE DROPS FROM WHAT I KNOW)
That is just a desperate attempt at justifying your defiance of a moderator's direction. "He talked to me so I talk to him."
That reminds me of my little sister.. we used to quarrel from time to time, and I would tell her to shut up. Her reply, always, was "Okay". She'd always be out to have the final word in, when anyone told her to shut up or be quiet, or something. It's ridiculous, and it is only acceptable between equals. If it were a regular user telling you not to spam, your reply would have been just as spammy as the comment made. However, a moderator gives you directions, in this case, to stop spamming.. then that is not spam. Your reply to him, however, is.
bebita
Forum Zombie

Juliette wrote:

Good course of action. I see no fault in Duderanch's handling this issue.
When the posters in a thread are warned not to spam, spamming that thread results in a warning. This is how it has always been, and how it shall always be until the Administration changes standard procedure.

Bebita is obviously confusing our beloved Galactic Colosseum with some other forum, somewhere. :-s A forum where the warnings moderators give are mere mentions to brush aside without consequence.
Bebita, your record speaks for itself. You know to take the remarks a moderator makes seriously. Are you not the same who complained about people 'spamming his threads'? How would that be possible, if as you say, the Galactic Colosseum is a place to spam without regard for earlier moderator directions.. :o Surely you agree that a semblance of order is required, in order to protect you (and in fact all of the Galactic Colosseum) from the spammers. That order is created by the moderators, for want of self control on the part of some of the residents. Now, would you really like to argue that the Galactic Colosseum is not supposed to be moderated? Would you really like to argue that things, which have been this way for years, should suddenly change because you received a warning you feel is unfair?

And to request the firing of one of my section moderators, without talking to me or that particular moderator? I think not.
Even if that warning is removed, which I wouldn't make an issue of, Duderanch did his job. And he did it as we have always done, regardless of how you feel about being on the receiving end of that.

idk why you put your noise here
u are like..
u never posted there and u have no ideea about you are talking
i don't have the tools to restore that topic for what i warned
but if any of u make assumspation doesn't solve anything and just makes u look bad
so please sshhht from here u have no ideea of what u are talking about and please go to your temple of spam to post
Spoiler
Tziki wrote:

Clarkey
Multi Hunter

Honours and Awards

Bebita, answer this.....

The post you got warned for, which I understand is the response to Solus. was it on topic of the thread in question? i.e. was it relevant to the war that was being discussed?
Image ImageImageImage
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

bebita wrote:idk why you put your noise here
u are like..
but if any of u make assumspation doesn't solve anything and just makes u look bad
so please sshhht from here u have no ideea of what u are talking about and please go to your temple of spam to post
Really?! :shock:
*grin* Tell me, Bebita, what section am I the chief moderator of? ;)

Juliette wrote:
That is just a desperate attempt at justifying your defiance of a moderator's direction. "He talked to me so I talk to him."
That reminds me of my little sister.. we used to quarrel from time to time, and I would tell her to shut up. Her reply, always, was "Okay". She'd always be out to have the final word in, when anyone told her to shut up or be quiet, or something. It's ridiculous, and it is only acceptable between equals. If it were a regular user telling you not to spam, your reply would have been just as spammy as the comment made. However, a moderator gives you directions, in this case, to stop spamming.. then that is not spam. Your reply to him, however, is.
bebita
Forum Zombie

Clarkey wrote:Bebita, answer this.....

The post you got warned for, which I understand is the response to Solus. was it on topic of the thread in question? i.e. was it relevant to the war that was being discussed?

yes acording to moderator
he talked with me and i answered
or i am not allowed to answer when my name is called?
Juliette wrote:
bebita wrote:idk why you put your noise here
u are like..
Really?! :shock:
*grin* Tell me, Bebita, what section am I the chief moderator of? ;)

Juliette wrote:

idk dear and honest i don;t care
i am just a simple user who wants to post like he always did in his preffered area
i ask to much?
Spoiler
Tziki wrote:

Clarkey
Multi Hunter

Honours and Awards

bebita wrote:
Clarkey wrote:Bebita, answer this.....

yes acording to moderator
he talked with me and i answered
or i am not allowed to answer when my name is called?

It's funny because when I got a verbal warning publically in a thread, I PM'd the Moderator and spoke to them. I didn't respond to them in the thread because i knew it wasn't relevant to the thread at hand.

But i guess each to their own.
Image ImageImageImage

Return to “Talk to the Mods Direct”