Spam temple

want to publicly say something about the current Forum Mods? The Mod setup? The Rules of the Forum? here you go...
Clarkey
Multi Hunter
ID: 0

Honours and Awards

Spam temple

Someone has turned BBCode Off. Fair enough they can play their games.

Someone has removed the ability to edit own posts and delete own posts. Rather stupid really because if someone makes a post but realises it breaks rules and wants to quickly edit it then they can't.

Someone has removed the ability to REPORT posts.

Can Admins explain how someone has the right to remove the Report function in the spam temple? How can rule violations be reported through the proper channels if it's not there to use?
Image ImageImageImage
moses
Forum Zombie
Alliance: Leaf
Race: Na'vi
ID: 48618

Re: Spam temple

Eärendil wrote:Well.

When one person abuses a function, it will be removed from them for a period of time. It has been done before on a few people, and I'm sure that there are plenty of other people that can report any potential violations than just one person.

i hash felt thish wrath 8-[
Spoiler
Clarkey
Multi Hunter

Honours and Awards

When one person abuses a function, it will be removed from them for a period of time. It has been done before on a few people, and I'm sure that there are plenty of other people that can report any potential violations than just one person.
Ok, thank you for that generic answer Earendil, but please explain how I abused the report function?
Image ImageImageImage
moses
Forum Zombie
Alliance: Leaf
Race: Na'vi
ID: 48618

Clarkey wrote:

Ok, thank you for that generic answer Earendil, but please explain how I abused the report function?

you looked at it enough said
Spoiler
Clarkey
Multi Hunter

Honours and Awards

moses of romania wrote:
Clarkey wrote:

you looked at it enough said
Thanks for the humour Moses. But i've brough this up as a serious question.

I don't see how I "abused" the report function. I'm sure Admins will have the confidence to explain.

Funny how my smilies access was taken away in spam temple too as I didn't abuse that either, in fact Thal recently spammed the temple with single smilie posts.

So, how did I abuse report function?
Image ImageImageImage
Zeratul
Elder Administrator
Alliance: Lucian Alliance
Race: Templar
ID: 7
Alternate name(s): Hrefna
Reitha

Honours and Awards

When repeated complaints are received about behavior of one (or more users) from several sources, it is evident that something needs to be done.
"Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the gods, Browsers shall be changed to carry the internet out amongst the peoples and we will spread Firefox to all the unbelievers. The power of the Firefox will be felt far and wide and the wicked users of IE shall be converted to use the true browsers."

Curious about our color? Feel free to ask...
Clarkey
Multi Hunter

Honours and Awards

Zeratul wrote:When repeated complaints are received about behavior of one (or more users) from several sources, it is evident that something needs to be done.
Please explain how I abused the report function.

Earendil claims my report function was removed due to abusing report function.

If people were complaining about me then how does removing my report function help?
Image ImageImageImage
Mordack
The Spider
ID: 8500

Honours and Awards

I wonder if it's really that much of an effort for the mods to just ignore and close Clarkey's silly reports. Personally, I don't even bother to read the ones he makes in the ombudsman section. Singling him out in this fashion is just giving him more ammunition for tedious soapbox threads like this.
"I bet you thought you'd seen the last of me.."

(TB)
[BoT] Jason
Forum History
Alliance: TA
Race: DIEDAYDIEDAY
ID: 13003152
Alternate name(s): Pimp,Slenderman

:smt115
Pimping

Feb 06, 06:16 Field Marshall Attack defended 15 88,977,968 0 x,x62,635,278,400 900,114 details

| | Hero of the Year | |

Winner: BMMJ13
Clarkey
Multi Hunter

Honours and Awards

Mordack wrote:I wonder if it's really that much of an effort for the mods to just ignore and close Clarkey's silly reports. Personally, I don't even bother to read the ones he makes in the ombudsman section. Singling him out in this fashion is just giving him more ammunition for tedious soapbox threads like this.
My reports aren't silly. i hardly make reports in the Ombudsman section. But good to see that the Ombudsman doesn't bother reading them... really shows how professional the Ombudsman is. Glad to hear that you aren't running for a second term. personally I hope Jack does, but you are lame.

So no Admin can explain how I abused the report function? How many reports did I make yesterday? Mmmm I think it was 1. And how was it being abused? Funny how no admin can explain how I abused it. :-k
Image ImageImageImage
ƒëmmë ƒatalë
Fragment o' Forum
Race: SL temptress
ID: 38112
Alternate name(s): cleo_catra
temptress
seraphim

:-k
Isn't the ombusman, meant to be an impartial mediator between the forum users and the mods?
When I despair, I remember that all through history the ways of truth and love have always won.
There have been tyrants, and murderers, and for a time they can seem invincible, but in the end they always fall.
Think of it--always
Mahatma Gandhi
sixty five kills on Ascended ;)
The Forum Rules
Mods and their sections
[BoT] Jason
Forum History
Alliance: TA
Race: DIEDAYDIEDAY
ID: 13003152
Alternate name(s): Pimp,Slenderman

Clarkey wrote:...but you are lame....
Thats so mature...
Pimping

Feb 06, 06:16 Field Marshall Attack defended 15 88,977,968 0 x,x62,635,278,400 900,114 details

| | Hero of the Year | |

Winner: BMMJ13
Mordack
The Spider
ID: 8500

Honours and Awards

The fable of the 'boy who cried wolf' leaps to mind. Your interpretation of the rules, from when you were a mod right through to the present day, has always been asinine, petty and jobsworth like. If you were less inclined to report even the most minor of infractions as though they were cardinal sins, then perhaps I'd be more inclined to take them seriously. This latest furore over your reports indicates that I'm evidently not alone in thinking this about you.

If rule breakages in my section are sufficiently serious, then I'm confident that other members of the community will report them accordingly; being an impartial mediator does not extend to how I treat overzealous use of the report feature.
"I bet you thought you'd seen the last of me.."

(TB)
Clarkey
Multi Hunter

Honours and Awards

Mordack wrote:The fable of the 'boy who cried wolf' leaps to mind. Your interpretation of the rules, from when you were a mod right through to the present day, has always been asinine, petty and jobsworth like. If you were less inclined to report even the most minor of infractions as though they were cardinal sins, then perhaps I'd be more inclined to take them seriously. This latest furore over your reports indicates that I'm evidently not alone in thinking this about you.

I reported 1 post yesterday, no more, no less. It did NOT constitute abusing the report system.
Image ImageImageImage
Sammael
Alteran
ID: 36867
Alternate name(s): Sammael

ƒemme ƒatale wrote::-k
Isn't the ombusman, meant to be an impartial mediator between the forum users and the mods?

Yes that is true.

The thing people dont like clarkey in the spam temple for what was done in the past, people are still hurting for this, so calrkey has more attention becuase of it, people doing the same thing, dont get noticed but he will becuase past events, but dont get me wrong if he has done something wrong, i wouldnt know i dont follow the spam temple anymore i belive its just silliness
~ Sammael The UnKnown of the ORI ~

~ The Tank ~

War Never Changes, Just The People Who Fight It
In The Service of Nemesis Empire
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

Return to “Forum & Mod Feedback”