Forum Regular
Alliance: Mayhem
Race: System Lord
ID: 1926916

Re: Alliance Weapon Repair to Once Per Turn

renegadze wrote:[spoiler]
Ĕɱƿŷ wrote:
renegadze wrote:
Ĕɱƿŷ wrote:I'm not gonna sit here and watch this turn in to another topic about TL wanting something and MaYHeM wanting the opposite because they're at war right now. Before anyone in MaYHeM responds (probably Wep) don't. Rene and Rocky can stop right there too, feel free to post but if you're just gonna comment on how "pathetic" people are who brought the idea to Admin then you can expect warnings and your posts being split.

~Empy

As for my personal opinion I like it, but I also agree that only once a turn pretty much makes it useless. The reason it should not be unlimited is because the AL or 2iC could just sit online and keep the defense of everyone in their alliance built. What's the point in that? I'm not sure what the advantage of it was in the first place at all but as long as people like it then it should be kept just not as such a power. Limiting it to about 10 repairs a turn seems like a good compromise.

The Point....is that Wepwaet already said defences could be 0'd before the update...I can quote him if you like.....so with that being said, why the need for a reactive update? because the $$ spenders didn't like it.

They just kinda shot themselves in the foot, because we'll just build less often and mass less often and have less to mass....yeah that'll make an awesome war lol
As I said you're pushing the limit of what is appropriate to discuss here. Defenses can be zero'd yes, but only if the AL or 2iC isn't sitting and spamming the repair button. I wasn't cognizant at the time of the update the first time so don't know the Pro's and Con's of it but I will say that it being at such a power that it has unlimited use is too much.

As I said I think it the Alliance Repair function should remain, but not at unlimited use and not at 1 use a turn. It should be raised to somewhere higher, perhaps 10 uses a turn.

Discuss the update in the context of the TL vs mH war again while not using it to productively provide evidence in favor of the update remaining or being changed (reversed or otherwise) and your post will not remain.

~Empy
[/spoiler]
I'm not sure how I'm pushing the limit, it's a thread under the section "Discussion on Enhancements (ones already released)" it's an enhancement that's already been released, and I am discussing my opinion of it.....is that not the point of this section?

Or is it that I simply don't agree with mH and you?

I think his point was to discuss the update without bringing up our little spat. Try not tying the war into your arguments and it should help. That's not to say your opinion wasn't on topic but it did tend to sidetrack at the end. Just a little friendly advice which your free to ignore/ridicule.
MaYHeM ID:1926916 Feedback
Spoiler
Lore wrote:We can not police human stupidity, carelessness, rudeness, or abiquity.
Mordack wrote:You know that your acronym is TOOL, right?
Wakko wrote:[2010-05-14 12:31:36] <LegendaryApophis> See admin, he massed me because he didn't like the update
[2010-05-14 12:31:50] <Wepwaet> no cause we don't like you
[2010-05-14 12:31:54] <adminHere> lol legend
Tell the preening egos to put a sock in it! Vote "None of the above" for Ombudsman now!
renegadze
Forum Elite
ID: 0

Wepwaet wrote:
Ĕɱƿŷ wrote:
renegadze wrote:
Ĕɱƿŷ wrote:I'm not gonna sit here and watch this turn in to another topic about TL wanting something and MaYHeM wanting the opposite because they're at war right now. Before anyone in MaYHeM responds (probably Wep) don't. Rene and Rocky can stop right there too, feel free to post but if you're just gonna comment on how "pathetic" people are who brought the idea to Admin then you can expect warnings and your posts being split.

~Empy

As for my personal opinion I like it, but I also agree that only once a turn pretty much makes it useless. The reason it should not be unlimited is because the AL or 2iC could just sit online and keep the defense of everyone in their alliance built. What's the point in that? I'm not sure what the advantage of it was in the first place at all but as long as people like it then it should be kept just not as such a power. Limiting it to about 10 repairs a turn seems like a good compromise.

The Point....is that Wepwaet already said defences could be 0'd before the update...I can quote him if you like.....so with that being said, why the need for a reactive update? because the $$ spenders didn't like it.

They just kinda shot themselves in the foot, because we'll just build less often and mass less often and have less to mass....yeah that'll make an awesome war lol
As I said you're pushing the limit of what is appropriate to discuss here. Defenses can be zero'd yes, but only if the AL or 2iC isn't sitting and spamming the repair button. I wasn't cognizant at the time of the update the first time so don't know the Pro's and Con's of it but I will say that it being at such a power that it has unlimited use is too much.

As I said I think it the Alliance Repair function should remain, but not at unlimited use and not at 1 use a turn. It should be raised to somewhere higher, perhaps 10 uses a turn.

Discuss the update in the context of the TL vs mH war again while not using it to productively provide evidence in favor of the update remaining or being changed (reversed or otherwise) and your post will not remain.

~Empy
[/spoiler]
I'm not sure how I'm pushing the limit, it's a thread under the section "Discussion on Enhancements (ones already released)" it's an enhancement that's already been released, and I am discussing my opinion of it.....is that not the point of this section?

I think his point was to discuss the update without bringing up our little spat. Try not tying the war into your arguments and it should help. That's not to say your opinion wasn't on topic but it did tend to sidetrack at the end. Just a little friendly advice which your free to ignore/ridicule.

Well it's kinda hard to not link it to our war, since the update came about as a result of.....The only examples I can possibly offer of why I think it's bad are war related, and I would imagine visa versa.

But for a mod to wade in would suggest I was either totally off topic or abusive....which I apologise if that was the case as that was not my intention. A discussion topic is just that...we're not all meant to agre, we're meant to discuss - but now I am off topic I guess so back I go

I think we all need to get this update back into context a little. Yes it has been reduced to 1 a turn....yes that is pointless being that small and I think on that point even mH will agree.

But take it away...to be honest we don't care...we played 5 years without it :smt102 was angers us, is that once alliance (who just happen to spend lots of $$) can speak with admin, and without notice things get changed. If you're going to change what...and lets be honest was a VERY useful tool ingame...then maybe a heads up would be nice?

Now should 1 alliance have that much sway with Admin? is that healthy?...why not chuck the idea out to the forum and take a vote?

We'll always fight with what we have, but when what he have keeps changing....how would you feel?
Spoiler
ImageImageImage
Wepwaet
Forum Regular
Alliance: Mayhem
Race: System Lord
ID: 1926916

[spoiler]
renegadze wrote:
Wepwaet wrote:
renegadze wrote:
Ĕɱƿŷ wrote:
renegadze wrote:

~Empy

~Empy

Well it's kinda hard to not link it to our war, since the update came about as a result of.....The only examples I can possibly offer of why I think it's bad are war related, and I would imagine visa versa.

But for a mod to wade in would suggest I was either totally off topic or abusive....which I apologise if that was the case as that was not my intention. A discussion topic is just that...we're not all meant to agre, we're meant to discuss - but now I am off topic I guess so back I go

I think we all need to get this update back into context a little. Yes it has been reduced to 1 a turn....yes that is pointless being that small and I think on that point even mH will agree.

But take it away...to be honest we don't care...we played 5 years without it :smt102 was angers us, is that once alliance (who just happen to spend lots of $$) can speak with admin, and without notice things get changed. If you're going to change what...and lets be honest was a VERY useful tool ingame...then maybe a heads up would be nice?

Now should 1 alliance have that much sway with Admin? is that healthy?...why not chuck the idea out to the forum and take a vote?

We'll always fight with what we have, but when what he have keeps changing....how would you feel?
[/spoiler]Rene did you by any chance read my 1st post in this thread? If so what are your comments on that?
MaYHeM ID:1926916 Feedback
Spoiler
Lore wrote:We can not police human stupidity, carelessness, rudeness, or abiquity.
Mordack wrote:You know that your acronym is TOOL, right?
Wakko wrote:[2010-05-14 12:31:36] <LegendaryApophis> See admin, he massed me because he didn't like the update
[2010-05-14 12:31:50] <Wepwaet> no cause we don't like you
[2010-05-14 12:31:54] <adminHere> lol legend
Tell the preening egos to put a sock in it! Vote "None of the above" for Ombudsman now!
Empy
Derper
Race: Eldar

renegadze wrote:
Wepwaet wrote:
Ĕɱƿŷ wrote:
renegadze wrote:

~Empy

~Empy
[/spoiler]

I'll highlight the parts of your post that don't belong.
renegadze wrote:and I think on that point even mH will agree
renegadze wrote:we
renegadze wrote:we
renegadze wrote:us
renegadze wrote:once alliance (who just happen to spend lots of $$) can speak with admin, and without notice things get changed
renegadze wrote:Now should 1 alliance have that much sway with Admin? is that healthy?
That's not including the first part of your post. You are talking about MaYHeM and The Legion... I directly said not to, so that's what I am talking about. Try making a generalized argument about how the update is not good, and how the change it so that it is. I'll echo those from your own alliance and suggest that you stop "whining."

~Empy

Sorry to everyone trying to discuss the update who have to wade through mostly irrelevant posts from myself.

Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561198036220818]Image[/url]
Spoiler
Lithium
Forum Zombie
Alliance: The Pirate's Panties
Race: Pirate

every update in order to be tested need a real situation like this war, which shows pro n cons .

in my opinion repair weaps should not limited to 1 time because it ll be used to repairs 1-2 members weaps and not as a general repair for everyone.

maybe would be better having 5 repair strike weaps and 5 for def weaps or 1 / turn but that dont reset so it can accumulate 48/day then it reset every day
Previously on GateWars Forum
The orgin of Guild
Spoiler
Lithium wrote:he was talkin bout me and remembering the days i was massing him wit one finger ;)
Guild wrote:is that the same finger you stick up your bum ? :smt060
Lithium wrote:no its the one who gave u life ;)
Field Marshall wrote:Lith put his finger up his bum and Guild arrived? :smt017
I wish that was genuinely true :)
Lithium wrote:oooo why there isnt any emo for this one , id have dropped of chair dead :smt042
MajorLeeHurts wrote:
Lithium wrote:oooo why there isnt any emo for this one , id have dropped of chair dead :smt042
Agreed that was the funnies **Filtered** ive read here!
Im sure JT is enjoying this thread , if he isnt hes in a coma !
Feedback Me
http://stargatewars.herebegames.com/vie ... 8&t=101259
Sarevok
Forum Addict
Race: NanoTiMaster

Quick question regarding the change. I fail to understand why it was changed...

There is 3 ways to take someone out:
1) Kill their units
2) Kill their weapons
3) Sabotage their weapons.

The only thing the alliance bank allowed, was for the weapons to not be killed. If you keep massing them, their units will die off, their defence will get weaker, and it will be massed.

Not to mention, you can sabotage the weapons as well... The weapon repair isn't going to fix sabotaged weapons.

Another point. Can not both sides use it to the same extent? Can not any alliance setup 2-3 Leaders/2ICs of the alliance, and use the weapon repair to the same extent? Can not someone massing have their weapons repaired, at the same time someone defending has theirs repaired as well?

I personally liked this. It encouraged alliance management alot more, and greater co-ordination between members of an alliance. With 1/turn, or even 10/turn, it still becomes almost redundant. You get 1 person to mas 1 member of the alliance, and once all the repairs are used, you get everyone else in your alliance that's active, to go in and mass the defending alliance, since they can now not repair for another 20 mins or so. Defences are massed in minutes, not turns or hours :neutral:
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=162732
Suggestions, Comments please :)
R8 wrote:TEAM WORK WILL BEAT $$ ANYDAY OF THE WEEK
angel wrote:Except the payday [-X
12agnar0k wrote:Also it's still not a war game, you have att/def weps yes, but you also have uu and UP, does this mean its a sex game, oh no, XRATEDSGW, THIS GAME IS PORN!
Ban Admin
<+CABAL> so adminHere, ever thought about playing SGW? :b
<~adminHere> cabal - i do :)
<+CABAL> :o
<+Sarevok> Cabal, look up Jtest ;)
<~adminHere> no -not jtest
<~adminHere> another :) i am a multi ;)
<+Sarevok> :O
* +CABAL screens
<+CABAL> :b
* +Sarevok Ban's Admin
jedi~tank
Forum Zombie

Well without the alliance repair or at 1 per turn..like a poster said 1 person "like me" can mass thru an entire alliance and there is nothing they can do about it but hit alliance ppt, also these updates were supposed to be with the thought in mind of making it harder to mass..ok fine, how about I lose my defense and go ALL attack on the whole server therefore what I do not waste for defense is used in my strike. I think I can make a run at warmnger or masser of the year even though I have been pretty much dormant all year thus far.

All in all 4,5 or 6, 1 every 5 minutes? after the 5 minute mark of the turn start and none after the 5 minute mark of the turn end..make sense? so that would be what? 4 per turn?
Last edited by jedi~tank on Fri Oct 01, 2010 5:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

"What I want to see is a tight knit group not a collection of people pulling in different directions"
Deni
BarelyAllen
Forum Expert
Alliance: Justice League
Race: Speedster
ID: 1996821
Alternate name(s): Amag

I don't like it at all. I think 1. For alliances in wars, limit should be raised SLIGHTLY.
2. I am heavily biased here because of my extremely minuscule bank size and small alliance, but I don't like the price increase for bank size upgrades.
-Silence will fall-

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Need a sig? Want one of the ones on display in the spoiler edited for your use? Just ask.

http://stargatewars.herebegames.com/vie ... 8&t=174250 feedback
Lithium
Forum Zombie

u ve a strong point Sarevok, its better having it as it was giving a help to many alliances who dont have enough power to deal with heavy threats.
The orgin of Guild
Spoiler
Lithium wrote:he was talkin bout me and remembering the days i was massing him wit one finger ;)
MajorLeeHurts wrote:
Feedback Me
jedi~tank
Forum Zombie

Lithium wrote:u ve a strong point Sarevok, its better having it as it was giving a help to many alliances who dont have enough power to deal with heavy threats.

Indeed

"What I want to see is a tight knit group not a collection of people pulling in different directions"
Deni
Rocky
Tollan
Alliance: The Legion
Race: Italian Stallion

Jedi~Tank wrote:
Lithium wrote:u ve a strong point Sarevok, its better having it as it was giving a help to many alliances who dont have enough power to deal with heavy threats.

Indeed

+1 :)
TL vs mH
ImageImage
TL vs DDE
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
TL vs mH + DDE
ImageImageImageImage
jedi~tank
Forum Zombie

Ya this is crap GOD DAMMIT.

Deni
Lithium
Forum Zombie

on a general note :
leave it as it was or remove all alliance updates at all so it rains blood again
The orgin of Guild
Spoiler
MajorLeeHurts wrote:
Feedback Me
Duderanch
Internet Hero
Alliance: MaYHeM
Race: Ancient
ID: 58491

Brdavs wrote:The only major problem with this update was the fact admin never reset alliance banks and some had 100s of trils to spend. That and maybe that naq accumulates in the bank perhaps a tad too fast.

If admin fixed that alliance repair (naq) would be a valuable commodity of an alliance, used sparringly and conserved as a resource. But could still have a big inpact in a given conflict, atleast in a particular skirmish.

limiting it to 1 per turn you mightaswell just take it out.

If possible I personally would reset alliance banks and bank size purchased with them, scale the rate naq goes in but leave it as it is otherwise. This "tweak" is sensless cos the core problem of trils to spend on nothing but multi quad banks (itself insane) remains. And you still cant add a house feature worth a dime precisely because of that. House improvments and gifts could be awsome, if you cured the problem at the root, not just apply quick fixes where whiners of the day tell you to.

100% agree.
The trade broker reports trade from Surtr to *Teesdale_ of 100,000,000 Naq for 33,000,000,000,000 Naq is complete.

Barbara! says: haha ok you can have a piece of my soul for 50bil naq

Skype= dan_P_@msn.com
Teesdale
[21:06:02] Jake/Tees: does black market work in there?
[21:06:18] robert: nah
[21:06:24] robert: uu go in miners
[21:06:24] Duderanch: Yeah Ben said did but can't untrin miners so no point
[21:06:37] Jake/Tees: sweet, so methlad not be able to fight back :D
[21:06:46] Jake/Tees: EADC
Naq sold in 2017 - 21q
SlimD
Forum Irregular
Race: Human

Lithium wrote:ppl admin doesnt play the game , he made few updates for his bank acc and some other for the rest but since he dont play how should he know , he just listen to who whine, ask or whatever

Spot on!
Cheers,
SlimD - sniffing around the forums

Return to “For Admin Archives”