Renegadez Ban by ~Empy

Ombudsman Case Archives
Field Marshall
Forum Zombie

Renegadez Ban by ~Empy

renegadze wrote:you say Feri scammed you, but unless I am reading your print screens wrong it shows you brokering him 20tril naq on the 25th and you having a paypal deal cancelled for $224 on the 25th. Unless Feri was drunk I highly doubt that was his deal as why on earth would he pay you that much for 20 tril? :-s

Was posted with something else that was edited by ~Empy that was in relation to the following:

Ĕɱƿŷ wrote:
Rocky wrote:he means stealing as in he brokered fericide the naq but never got the money for it.
Not that i know exactly what happened,
*runs out of thread*
Ya you better run! Punk! Get off my lawn!!! (jk)

Preemptive. Anyone in TL (or anyone for that matter) tries to spam in this topic (considering Feri is in MaYHeM) and I'll have your head!!!

~Empy

I am led to believe that the comment was something along the lines of:

[TL] Renegadze says: wrote: how exactly can you warn someone for spam in part of their post
I posted...something of the lines of "Empy it's not down to you to pre-emptively warn people in topics, you should be moderating posts as they happen...not in advance.....then I posted the other bit underneath

Prehaps he did not go about the right channels however, Empy issued a general warning regarding spam. This was not technically spam on the basis that that he was replying to ~Empy's comment. I would like you to review this on the basis that Renegade was trying to do the right thing and give some positive comment.

Thank you for your time :)
Sol wrote:
Field Marshall wrote:
Sol wrote:It's not going to destroy your life :P
Really?

I think this is sig worthy in fact.
:o my first sigging. I sigged you too. <3
High Empty wrote:however people shouldn't have lvl 33 and 200mil spies and try to be in the top 10, it's unhealthy.
Empy
Derper
Race: Eldar

Re: Renegadez Ban by ~Empy

His place for the comment, which was not positive because it was in a demeaning tone, was in a Private Message. My post was a general warning to anyone posting, I wasn't going to give a Verbal Warning for spam in that topic, I was just going to give a Board Warning. His comment wasn't one I was expecting to have to warn people for, but it didn't exactly pertain to the topic now did it?

I made a copy of the post he made so if he or you want I can link that and you can see all of it. It doesn't matter to me though I'm just talking about the first paragraph and him quoting me. Giving me advice on how to Moderate isn't exactly on the topic of Fericide possibly scamming someone, now is it?

For the shorter version of my post see SuperSaiyan's above.

Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561198036220818]Image[/url]
Spoiler
Zeratul
Elder Administrator
Alliance: Lucian Alliance
Race: Templar
ID: 7
Alternate name(s): Hrefna
Reitha

Honours and Awards

Considering it was not a topic here in the forum issues sections, how can commenting on moderator actions be on topic?
Do note that things not on topic are by definition spam...

oh, and thats not what was posted... We checked... Jack and Mordack will be able to see the post as it was in his user notes... *Link*

The post was purely in reply to a moderator action, and therefore not on topic (and also, therefore spam)...
"Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the gods, Browsers shall be changed to carry the internet out amongst the peoples and we will spread Firefox to all the unbelievers. The power of the Firefox will be felt far and wide and the wicked users of IE shall be converted to use the true browsers."

Curious about our color? Feel free to ask...
Empy
Derper

Indeed for clarification I split his post in half and kept the good part of his post in that topic and dumped the spam part. The fully unchanged post is in The Dump.

Spoiler
Field Marshall
Forum Zombie

SuperSaiyan wrote:It has always been policy to consider and treat responses in threads to moderator colored/official posts as spam. They are not part of the thread, nor part of the topic. Replies to verbal warnings posted in threads have always been treated as spam unless threads are specifically about it.

Please may I have a copy of this policy or a link to ensure that I do not fall victim to this also?

Like I say nevertheless, policy or not, I did say he was trying to do the right thing and give positive comment. He did not go about it the right way but I hardly believe a ban was completely necessary.

Ĕɱƿŷ wrote:His place for the comment, which was not positive because it was in a demeaning tone, was in a Private Message. My post was a general warning to anyone posting, I wasn't going to give a Verbal Warning for spam in that topic, I was just going to give a Board Warning. His comment wasn't one I was expecting to have to warn people for, but it didn't exactly pertain to the topic now did it?

I made a copy of the post he made so if he or you want I can link that and you can see all of it. It doesn't matter to me though I'm just talking about the first paragraph and him quoting me. Giving me advice on how to Moderate isn't exactly on the topic of Fericide possibly scamming someone, now is it?

For the shorter version of my post see SuperSaiyan's above.

Again, I say that he probably did it in the wrong way, however, hindsight is a wonderful thing that none of us take advantage of fully. Please do not see this as a personal attack ~Empy. I mean you no harm, so please refrain from your demenaing replies to myself!

If you could kindly liink that to me, it would be appreciated, it's always good to see both sides of the story. (Ok, just saw your second post - I will go and have a look! - prepare for an edit to this post to save on multiple postings)

Thank you.
Sol wrote:
Field Marshall wrote:
Really?

High Empty wrote:however people shouldn't have lvl 33 and 200mil spies and try to be in the top 10, it's unhealthy.
Empy
Derper

You can't see it in The Dump but here it is.
renegadze wrote:
Ĕɱƿŷ wrote:
Rocky wrote:he means stealing as in he brokered fericide the naq but never got the money for it.
*runs out of thread*

Preemptive. Anyone in TL (or anyone for that matter) tries to spam in this topic (considering Feri is in MaYHeM) and I'll have your head!!!

~Empy

As already pointed out to you, your job is to mod the thread as written, to to "pre-emptively" guess what people might write :roll: How about taking your biased modding away from any mH related thread?

and back on topic - you say Feri scammed you, but unless I am reading your print screens wrong it shows you brokering him 20tril naq on the 25th and you having a paypal deal cancelled for $224 on the 25th. Unless Feri was drunk I highly doubt that was his deal as why on earth would he pay you that much for 20 tril? :-s

I didn't mean to be demeaning to you, if I was I'm sorry. I didn't just ban him out after just this post... it was his 3rd warning in 6 months. Doesn't matter what he was warned for, he's racked up 3.

Spoiler
Jack
Evil Reincarnated
Alliance: The Empire
Race: Dragonborn
ID: 6475

We have ruled on like what seems to be a dozen of these cases and everytime it has always been "don't reply to the mod in the thread, do so through appropriate channels"

It's not going to be any different this time around.

Field Marshall wrote:Again, I say that he probably did it in the wrong way

Have a nice day. Image
Ya'll acting like you know what monster is
Me have 25 years in the monster biz
All monsters think you can fuss with this
Well you can talk to me Snuffleupagus
Me sneak into your house, me leave before dawn
Your daughters will be pregnant and your cookies will be gone
Malx wrote:Make kids not cancer!
Field Marshall
Forum Zombie

Ĕɱƿŷ wrote:You can't see it in The Dump but here it is.
renegadze wrote:
Ĕɱƿŷ wrote:
*runs out of thread*

~Empy

As already pointed out to you, your job is to mod the thread as written, to to "pre-emptively" guess what people might write :roll: How about taking your biased modding away from any mH related thread?

and back on topic - you say Feri scammed you, but unless I am reading your print screens wrong it shows you brokering him 20tril naq on the 25th and you having a paypal deal cancelled for $224 on the 25th. Unless Feri was drunk I highly doubt that was his deal as why on earth would he pay you that much for 20 tril? :-s

I didn't mean to be demeaning to you, if I was I'm sorry. I didn't just ban him out after just this post... it was his 3rd warning in 6 months. Doesn't matter what he was warned for, he's racked up 3.

No worries, it's easy to confuse something with the intended product in a text based forum. No offence taken and forgotten!

Ok, I understand the situation and am thankful for the quick resposnses provided by all. Nevertheless, a warning was given pre-emptively by yourself which shows the lack of faith you had in TL members prior to any comments made. In short, if you are going to do that, then you should have a zero-tolerance policy and issue warnings before posts can be made? I can completely understand why Renegegade was upset and retaliated. Yes, it was wrong however maybe you could consider a re-instatement of his account? In light of a simple mistake?
Sol wrote:
Field Marshall wrote:
Really?

~Thamuz~
Forum Expert

Zeratul wrote:The post was purely in reply to a moderator action, and therefore not on topic (and also, therefore spam)...

If the post in question was purely in reply to a moderator action, why was the post split in half? Think you need to go and have have a look at what actually happened before you comment in future. Hopefully this is what will happen to all posts that have 1/2 spam (what you consider spam) and half on topic and everyone who does this now will have a warning issued in future. ~T~
Empy
Derper

~Thamuz~ wrote:
Zeratul wrote:The post was purely in reply to a moderator action, and therefore not on topic (and also, therefore spam)...

If the post in question was purely in reply to a moderator action, why was the post split in half? Think you need to go and have have a look at what actually happened before you comment in future. Hopefully this is what will happen to all posts that have 1/2 spam (what you consider spam) and half on topic and everyone who does this now will have a warning issued in future. ~T~
Past, present, and future. Thanks.

Spoiler
Field Marshall
Forum Zombie

Dr. House wrote:We have ruled on like what seems to be a dozen of these cases and everytime it has always been "don't reply to the mod in the thread, do so through appropriate channels"

It's not going to be any different this time around.

Field Marshall wrote:Again, I say that he probably did it in the wrong way

Have a nice day. Image

Perhaps you should put it in the rules then? There is no obligation to read this particular forum, so how would I or anyone else know?

It is a matter of opinion, you think it's spam and I think it's positive criticsm. Just you all have the power. If it's a regular occurance doesn't it show someone not doing their job properly?
Sol wrote:
Field Marshall wrote:
Really?

Jack
Evil Reincarnated

It's commonsense that a post which is off topic, the topic being whatever was posted in the OP and whatever the mod endorsed, would be considered spam.
stuff of legends
Forum Expert
Alliance: The Legion

Our thread has alot of spam in it then :-k
~Thamuz~
Forum Expert

stuff of legends wrote:Our thread has alot of spam in it then :-k

Ironically alot of it is from Empy too. :roll:
Jack
Evil Reincarnated

~Thamuz~ wrote:
stuff of legends wrote:Our thread has alot of spam in it then :-k

Ironically alot of it is from Empy too. :roll:

Incidentally I can see why you guys are getting warned for spam left and right. :-k

Now, stop spamming, or get warned here too. :smt075

Return to “Case Archives”