Galactic Council

want to publicly say something about the current Forum Mods? The Mod setup? The Rules of the Forum? here you go...
Jim
Pony Princess
Alliance: MaYHeM
Race: Asgard
ID: 45162
Alternate name(s): Bucephalus
Kishin

Galactic Council

Gets its own secret forum section? Since when does that happen? Since when have people limited suggestions on improving the game to only the leaders and 2ics of alliances?

Do i dare say that forbidden word? Bias?

Dont particularly care but thought I would just stir the pot a little ;)

Much love :-D
deni
The Initiate
Alliance: THE DARK DOMINIUM
Race: Goddess
ID: 75493

Honours and Awards

Re: Galactic Council

We have had the Tok'ra section for years now. And that's hidden too yet no one screamed bias yet.

:?

If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe.

Keep smiling, it makes people wonder what you're up to
Rocky
Tollan
Alliance: The Legion
Race: Italian Stallion

thats because no one cares about the tokra section whereas this section actually has some importance
TL vs mH
ImageImage
TL vs DDE
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
TL vs mH + DDE
ImageImageImageImage
deni
The Initiate

Honours and Awards

I see.

When it is an important section and it is hidden, it is "bias".

If it is of no importance, who cares?

If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe.

[BoT] Jason
Forum History
Alliance: TA
Race: DIEDAYDIEDAY
ID: 13003152
Alternate name(s): Pimp,Slenderman

Make it a group only post, but anyone can view
Pimping

Feb 06, 06:16 Field Marshall Attack defended 15 88,977,968 0 x,x62,635,278,400 900,114 details

| | Hero of the Year | |

Winner: BMMJ13
Rocky
Tollan

yes, people generally only care if it has some relevance or importance, otherwise you would have seen people complaining about the "tokra" section
TL vs mH
ImageImage
TL vs DDE
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
TL vs mH + DDE
ImageImageImageImage
deni
The Initiate

Honours and Awards

If the section is visible or not is for the Galactic Council to decide.

Before a decision is reached, it will stay hidden.

The other option is to move it away from this forums which will make the chances slim of anyone not in the Council to access it.

You would not want that, wouldn't you?

And btw, there are several other hidden sections that affect all - the admin section, the GM and mod forums, the ombudsman section, the brain trust, the awards comitee and others.

All of them are of importance, but it does not mean they will be public anytime soon if a serious discussion is to be held there.

Rocky
Tollan

Jim wrote:Gets its own secret forum section? Since when does that happen? Since when have people limited suggestions on improving the game to only the leaders and 2ics of alliances?

Do i dare say that forbidden word? Bias?

Dont particularly care but thought I would just stir the pot a little ;)

Much love :-D

i think you will find deni that, just the leaders and 2iC are not the only members of this game,

Jedi~tank wrote:What is our purpose?
To be the GW think tank and collect ideas in an organized manner and in regards to a higher quality game experience and put them forth in the forum to be discussed by all users.
The Council will not form new alliances, nor will it to empower a specific group with absolute power..no it is to bring the players of this community to a table where we can all participate in the caretaking and improvements of this game we love so much in an organized and efficient manner.

The council is built on these words, how can you then say,
"we are going to make a private group of only alliance leaders and discuss things privately, because we know best"???
TL vs mH
ImageImage
TL vs DDE
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
TL vs mH + DDE
ImageImageImageImage
Zeratul
Elder Administrator
Alliance: Lucian Alliance
Race: Templar
ID: 7
Alternate name(s): Hrefna
Reitha

Honours and Awards

that is very true deni... there are countless hidden sections... we cant remember if we've set all sections to visible for ourselves, but right now we can see no less than 200 section on this forums...

How many can you see? (question directed at some regular user)
"Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the gods, Browsers shall be changed to carry the internet out amongst the peoples and we will spread Firefox to all the unbelievers. The power of the Firefox will be felt far and wide and the wicked users of IE shall be converted to use the true browsers."

Curious about our color? Feel free to ask...
deni
The Initiate

Honours and Awards

The Council is meant to be a small group of players who carry some influence in the game.

That way a more constructive discussion can be held and maybe some ideas worked out that might bring the game forward.

If you think the Galactic Council is to be made up of EVERY player, then a separate section is not needed and we can continue to discuss things to death in the Suggestion section.

Zeratul
Elder Administrator
Alliance: Lucian Alliance
Race: Templar
ID: 7
Alternate name(s): Hrefna
Reitha

Honours and Awards

Also, (we think) part of the idea is that if you are not the representative, and have some idea you want them people on the council to discuss, you can get yer alliance representatives to present it for ya...

or if you merely want to come with your idea, there's still the game suggestions section... it wont be removed...

we believe this council thingy is a supplement, not a replacement...
"Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the gods, Browsers shall be changed to carry the internet out amongst the peoples and we will spread Firefox to all the unbelievers. The power of the Firefox will be felt far and wide and the wicked users of IE shall be converted to use the true browsers."

Curious about our color? Feel free to ask...
Empy
Derper
Race: Eldar

Do you think Robe or R8 or whoever represents TL does not have your best interests at heart...?

Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561198036220818]Image[/url]
Spoiler
Rocky
Tollan

deni wrote:The Council is meant to be a small group of players who carry some influence in the game.

That way a more constructive discussion can be held and maybe some ideas worked out that might bring the game forward.

If you think the Galactic Council is to be made up of EVERY player, then a separate section is not needed and we can continue to discuss things to death in the Suggestion section.

The point is that, if we are going to discuss options for the future of the game, how does it help if we have 30 or so of the better players discussing how it will help?, considering any solutions for smaller players will not benefit any of the bigger players as a direct result, that much is clear.

Also when did i ever mention we make the council include everyone???
I think you'll find i actually agreed with you on the part where i said its a good idea to make it visible to everyone, that is all. I think the idea of a council is to have only a select few, but making it visible at least gives everyone a chance to see what is happening and so that at least everyone can form an opinion on what is happening.

I presume this council will have a large influence on what Jason does, therefore everyone has
a right to see what plans are made to better the game for "everyone" and not a select few.

The Government for example, if they want to implement something new, do not sit in a private room and discuss it amongst themselves and then implement it.
They have to give their ideas in the house of commons(In the UK anyway) and then a vote is taken. Every time this is done, everyone in the whole of the UK can watch on TV what happens.

@empy i know they have the best intent, I'm just saying its best to make it public for all to see
TL vs mH
ImageImage
TL vs DDE
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
TL vs mH + DDE
ImageImageImageImage
Empy
Derper
Race: Eldar

Alright, well if and how much will be public is still being discussed..... I'm sure it's not going to be just the Galactic Council working behind closed doors then having private meetings with Jason and BOOM, updates.

Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561198036220818]Image[/url]
Spoiler
Jim
Pony Princess
Alliance: MaYHeM
Race: Asgard
ID: 45162
Alternate name(s): Bucephalus
Kishin

For the most part im playing devils advocate here, but i think the main issue is Game Vs Forum.
This council only has select alliances in it, and these select alliances are allowed on the forums to a secret section. The forum therefore is supporting these alliances more than any other.

Return to “Forum & Mod Feedback”