Recreational Drugs - Should they be legal ?

MEZZANINE
Forum Addict
Alliance: Forgotten Serenity
Race: System Lord
ID: 81691

Recreational Drugs - Should they be legal ?

A recent UK study published in the Lancet and written by the former government advisor ( who was fired because he publicly spoke out about the madness and hypocrisy of drug classifications ) says

Alcohol and Tobacco are more harmful than heroin or crack cocaine

Ecstasy and Cannabis are among the least harmful of legal or illegal drugs recreational drugs.

I can NOT speak about heroin or crack cocaine as I have never tried either and have no wish to, but I do know from personal experience how addictive tobacco is, and how damaging both Alcohol and Tobacco can be. Also from personal experience I can say that as a mad clubber in my youth I took Ecstasy, sometimes 2 or 3 every weekend for a few years ( always smoking cannabis afterwards for the comedown ), and in that time I never saw anyone have a bad experience, all loved up, dancing, talking crap and screwing, great times. I worked throughout as did all my friends ruling out the 'doing crime to pay for it' argument, and also whereas drinkers often end up fighting I never saw anyone stoned or loved up cause any trouble.

Should drug classifications be based on the harm they cause ?

Should all drugs be legal ?

Any personal experience / opinions ?

Spoiler
Attack Mercs Killed (30) 459,329,001
Defence Mercs Killed (10) 2,918,478,517
Attack Soldiers Killed(60) 12,677,958
Defence Soldiers Killed(20) 226,236,488
Attack Super Soldiers Killed(300) 490,627,262
Defence Super Soldiers Killed(100) 4,131,482,551
Spies Killed(50) 4,256,505,842
Spy Killers Killed(50) 651,022,448
Mothership Weapons Destroyed(300) 35,583,034
Mothership Shields Destroyed(300) 39,498,511
Mothership Fleets Destroyed(200) 2,413,254
Planet Defences Destroyed(300) 358,539
Planets Taken(5000) 411
Naquadah Stolen(0.0001) 2,355,738,435,154,805
Untrained Kidnapped(50) 5,943,886,456
Weapon Points Destroyed (Sab+Att)(0.0001) 74,293,522,376,607
Attack Turns Used(1) 1,731,971
Lithium
Forum Zombie
Alliance: The Pirate's Panties
Race: Pirate
ID: 0

Re: Recreational Drugs - Should they be legal ?

light ones like E pills and hash can given a chance , from what i know pure mdma is no harm at human body , being illegal tends to have these light drugs home manufactured and thus not controlled , most of E pills are not pure they are mostly mda which is harmful.
on the other hand alch and tobacco are very harmful and their marketing is very strong, resulting in millions of addicted especially in new age.
Previously on GateWars Forum
The orgin of Guild
Spoiler
Lithium wrote:he was talkin bout me and remembering the days i was massing him wit one finger ;)
Guild wrote:is that the same finger you stick up your bum ? :smt060
Lithium wrote:no its the one who gave u life ;)
Field Marshall wrote:Lith put his finger up his bum and Guild arrived? :smt017
I wish that was genuinely true :)
Lithium wrote:oooo why there isnt any emo for this one , id have dropped of chair dead :smt042
MajorLeeHurts wrote:
Lithium wrote:oooo why there isnt any emo for this one , id have dropped of chair dead :smt042
Agreed that was the funnies **Filtered** ive read here!
Im sure JT is enjoying this thread , if he isnt hes in a coma !
Feedback Me
http://stargatewars.herebegames.com/vie ... 8&t=101259
MEZZANINE
Forum Addict
Alliance: Forgotten Serenity
Race: System Lord
ID: 81691

Lithium wrote:light ones like E pills and hash can given a chance , from what i know pure mdma is no harm at human body , being illegal tends to have these light drugs home manufactured and thus not controlled , most of E pills are not pure they are mostly mda which is harmful.
on the other hand alch and tobacco are very harmful and their marketing is very strong, resulting in millions of addicted especially in new age.

I agree means many drugs are not what they claim to be, Ive heard of some Es actually being a mix of Ketamin, speed and Caffine where as true MDMA has been used for almost 100 years with no ill effects. If Ecstasy was legal and regulated we would know exactly what we were getting and in what dose.

As for hash, the most harmful thing about it is being mixed with tobacco. Although I must admit it does have some negatives effects on..... um... what was I saying :smt025

Spoiler
Attack Mercs Killed (30) 459,329,001
Defence Mercs Killed (10) 2,918,478,517
Attack Soldiers Killed(60) 12,677,958
Defence Soldiers Killed(20) 226,236,488
Attack Super Soldiers Killed(300) 490,627,262
Defence Super Soldiers Killed(100) 4,131,482,551
Spies Killed(50) 4,256,505,842
Spy Killers Killed(50) 651,022,448
Mothership Weapons Destroyed(300) 35,583,034
Mothership Shields Destroyed(300) 39,498,511
Mothership Fleets Destroyed(200) 2,413,254
Planet Defences Destroyed(300) 358,539
Planets Taken(5000) 411
Naquadah Stolen(0.0001) 2,355,738,435,154,805
Untrained Kidnapped(50) 5,943,886,456
Weapon Points Destroyed (Sab+Att)(0.0001) 74,293,522,376,607
Attack Turns Used(1) 1,731,971
Mister Sandman
Forum Intermediate
Alliance: Planet of Tatooine
Race: Sand People

Just say no.
Beware - The Sleeper Has Awoken
Lithium
Forum Zombie
Alliance: The Pirate's Panties
Race: Pirate

hash and alch really bad :)
Previously on GateWars Forum
The orgin of Guild
Spoiler
Lithium wrote:he was talkin bout me and remembering the days i was massing him wit one finger ;)
Guild wrote:is that the same finger you stick up your bum ? :smt060
Lithium wrote:no its the one who gave u life ;)
Field Marshall wrote:Lith put his finger up his bum and Guild arrived? :smt017
I wish that was genuinely true :)
MajorLeeHurts wrote:
Agreed that was the funnies **Filtered** ive read here!
Im sure JT is enjoying this thread , if he isnt hes in a coma !
Feedback Me
http://stargatewars.herebegames.com/vie ... 8&t=101259
RoKeT
Forum Zombie
Race: The King Jaffa

E is a bit much as it causes holes in your brains, don't get me wrong it's one of my favorite high's as long as there is a lot of Molly in it, the problem with E... is exactly what you just said you never tried, Many times E has, Heroine, Cocaine in it... actually 95 percent of the time it has all 3 in it...

Depending on what kind of E you get...

With that being said

Weed... Yeah Weed should be legalized, it's less addicting and causes less problems to your health... also as you just said... I mean seriously how many people hate eachother on Weed, I don't think to many lol

but E... Not that I don't do it from time to time, not that I don't love it, because hey it makes you love everything how can you not love it lol

actually speaking of that Mezz you'll never believe this, but I found someone who can still hate the world on E, it's a bit scary lol I dind't know it was possible lmao, she's a pill junky though lol

My personal belives, is that Natural highs should be legal, Weed, Shrooms, and Molly... but I do not agree with E, though if your an Etard like I am at times, then go for the Molly that is wat E is lol
Ex Mod
Looking for an Account?
Spoiler
I can find you one...
21 Accounts sold to Date
Spoiler
Empy
Derper
Race: Eldar

Victimless crimes should not be illegal. If that only thing you're putting at risk is your own body by doing drugs such as Marijuana or Ecstasy, or almost any drug for that matter, it should not be against the law because you have the freedom to do what you want to your own body... Obviously you should be smarter than to habitually use ANY drug recreationally or even non-habitually but the Government doesn't have any right to say you can't.

How much harm the drug does it somewhat beside the point, but also to say there are drugs that are almost harmless is ignorant. Obviously Cocaine or Heroin is worse than Marijuana, but Marijuana is still a drug that alters the chemicals in your brain and long-term use can can change your brain chemistry. Especially if you use it while your brain is still developing...

Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561198036220818]Image[/url]
Spoiler
Kit-Fox
Forum Elite
Race: Tollan

Removed
Last edited by Kit-Fox on Sat Jan 28, 2012 3:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The river tells no lies, yet standing at its shores the dishonest man still hears them

If you dont like what I post, then tough. Either dont read it or dont bother replying to it.
RoKeT
Forum Zombie

Ĕɱƿŷ wrote:but Marijuana is still a drug that alters the chemicals in your brain and long-term use can can change your brain chemistry. Especially if you use it while your brain is still developing...

Untrue Actually they have found that the only thing Marijuana does cause in your brain is to have your brain cells fall into a "sleep" like state, and once done using it... they actually "wake" back up... along with Vaporizors reducing 95 percent of the carcinigens now reducing the the cancer side to near nill aswell...
Ex Mod
Looking for an Account?
Spoiler
I can find you one...
21 Accounts sold to Date
Spoiler
Empy
Derper

RoKeT wrote:
Ĕɱƿŷ wrote:but Marijuana is still a drug that alters the chemicals in your brain and long-term use can can change your brain chemistry. Especially if you use it while your brain is still developing...

Untrue Actually they have found that the only thing Marijuana does cause in your brain is to have your brain cells fall into a "sleep" like state, and once done using it... they actually "wake" back up... along with Vaporizors reducing 95 percent of the carcinigens now reducing the the cancer side to near nill aswell...
No, it's a scientific fact.

Spoiler
RoKeT
Forum Zombie

Lol, where did you read this, considering I went to college for Drug and Alcohol abuse Counselor, and thats what our College professor taught us, but people are wrong some times, but until I read your thesis, I refuse to believe it...
Ex Mod
Looking for an Account?
Spoiler
I can find you one...
21 Accounts sold to Date
Spoiler
Kit-Fox
Forum Elite

Removed
Last edited by Kit-Fox on Sat Jan 28, 2012 3:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
The river tells no lies, yet standing at its shores the dishonest man still hears them

If you dont like what I post, then tough. Either dont read it or dont bother replying to it.
Duderanch
Internet Hero
Alliance: MaYHeM
Race: Ancient
ID: 58491

In moderation anything is okay imo. I smoke weed fairly regualy (like many 'gamers'). I also used to cocaine fairly often (every other weekend or so) but I kinda grew out of that phase. I have done most recreational drugs except heroine and I'm not a dirty criminal that will sell his own mother for a hit, because I knew my limits and when to grow up.

The drugs aren't bad, it's the retards that take them lol.
The trade broker reports trade from Surtr to *Teesdale_ of 100,000,000 Naq for 33,000,000,000,000 Naq is complete.

Barbara! says: haha ok you can have a piece of my soul for 50bil naq

Skype= dan_P_@msn.com
Teesdale
[21:06:02] Jake/Tees: does black market work in there?
[21:06:18] robert: nah
[21:06:24] robert: uu go in miners
[21:06:24] Duderanch: Yeah Ben said did but can't untrin miners so no point
[21:06:37] Jake/Tees: sweet, so methlad not be able to fight back :D
[21:06:46] Jake/Tees: EADC
Naq sold in 2017 - 21q
Empy
Derper

Sorry I'm not going to write a thesis for you.

It should be obvious that chronic use of ANY drug has adverse effects on you. Like I said using it not habitually probably won't have any effect (at least Marijuana and most drugs won't) but if you use any drug a lot it's going to have a long-term effect on you.

"Marijuana is still a drug that alters the chemicals in your brain and long-term use can can change your brain chemistry."

That's a fact, I didn't claim long term use was every other day for a year, but if you use it quite a bit then your brain has been changed (for the worse) by what you did. Marijuana is probably the recreational drug with the least extreme and harmful side effects, but there ARE long term effects of using it...

If you just smoke a joint like on the weekend once or twice a month or something, or even slightly more often then you're probably going to be absolutely fine.

Spoiler
Kit-Fox
Forum Elite

Removed
Last edited by Kit-Fox on Sat Jan 28, 2012 3:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Return to “General intelligent discussion topics”