Whistleblowing websites

Kit-Fox
Forum Elite
Race: Tollan
ID: 0

Whistleblowing websites

Removed
Last edited by Kit-Fox on Wed Jan 04, 2012 5:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The river tells no lies, yet standing at its shores the dishonest man still hears them

If you dont like what I post, then tough. Either dont read it or dont bother replying to it.
Kit-Fox
Forum Elite

Re: Whistleblowing websites

Removed
Last edited by Kit-Fox on Wed Jan 04, 2012 5:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The river tells no lies, yet standing at its shores the dishonest man still hears them

If you dont like what I post, then tough. Either dont read it or dont bother replying to it.
Empy
Derper
Race: Eldar

Spokesman for the State Department (I think) said about half the documents that WikiLeaks recently is or will be posting are declassified anyways. Just to keep that in mind (my fun fact contribution). I think if you read what that representative said (like I said I think it's of the State Department) then you will see that, well he isn't really very worried. He just kind of laughed it off and said, you know what? Whatever, not big deal.

I'm along with him I don't think anyone is put on jeopardy with the new releases and so far, even Middle Eastern countries reading the one about what the Saudi King said to the US about Iran are like, "Ya? So what ... we all already would've guessed that." It's not big groundbreaking stuff or really harmful to them, to us little uninformed citizens it's surprising and and interesting to read though.

Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561198036220818]Image[/url]
Spoiler
Kit-Fox
Forum Elite

Removed
Last edited by Kit-Fox on Wed Jan 04, 2012 5:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Empy
Derper

Kit-Fox wrote:
Andrew Carnegie wrote:Spokesman for the State Department (I think) said about half the documents that WikiLeaks recently is or will be posting are declassified anyways. Just to keep that in mind (my fun fact contribution). I think if you read what that representative said (like I said I think it's of the State Department) then you will see that, well he isn't really very worried. He just kind of laughed it off and said, you know what? Whatever, not big deal.

I'm along with him I don't think anyone is put on jeopardy with the new releases and so far, even Middle Eastern countries reading the one about what the Saudi King said to the US about Iran are like, "Ya? So what ... we all already would've guessed that." It's not big groundbreaking stuff or really harmful to them, to us little uninformed citizens it's surprising and and interesting to read though.

Yah ok great info about the latest 'leak'

Was hoping for more about if such places are needed & why etc. As well as stuff like is the current behaviour by places like wikileaks acceptable? after all they are getting rather big headed about the whole thing now (well their public face anywho)
Ya it was more a specific post, sorry...

Overall I guess if you think sites like this are needed or not is up to you. I wouldn't care if I never found out the things they leak. I'm quite happy living in ignorance in regards to what they've leaked in the past and will probably continue to leak (nothing truly Top Secret). Others may want to know things like that and be able to scrutinize the government for everything, just not me. I agree that WikiLeaks is getting rather big headed about things now, if I may be specific again, reading their comments about the leaks they are putting out...

I think it's acceptable to leak documents like this if they get them, they're basically the press and have a duty to. Shame on whoever leaked the classified documents though, that's the problem really.

Spoiler
Kit-Fox
Forum Elite

Removed
Last edited by Kit-Fox on Wed Jan 04, 2012 5:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Empy
Derper

Kit-Fox wrote:And if classified documents showed major abuses by a country/business would you still think 'shame on those who leaked the documents' ??
Probably not, but I am often hypocritical like that.

Spoiler
MEZZANINE
Forum Addict
Alliance: Forgotten Serenity
Race: System Lord
ID: 81691

In cases of genuine security, where lives are put at risk by the information being made public then the information obviously should NOT be made public, but in all the examples I've heard so far on the news the information has been nothing more than embarrassing to politicians and institutions, and frankly it's their own fault for being so stupid, not the sites fault for publishing.

If you dont say and do dirty things, then there will be no dirt for people to make public.

Spoiler
Attack Mercs Killed (30) 459,329,001
Defence Mercs Killed (10) 2,918,478,517
Attack Soldiers Killed(60) 12,677,958
Defence Soldiers Killed(20) 226,236,488
Attack Super Soldiers Killed(300) 490,627,262
Defence Super Soldiers Killed(100) 4,131,482,551
Spies Killed(50) 4,256,505,842
Spy Killers Killed(50) 651,022,448
Mothership Weapons Destroyed(300) 35,583,034
Mothership Shields Destroyed(300) 39,498,511
Mothership Fleets Destroyed(200) 2,413,254
Planet Defences Destroyed(300) 358,539
Planets Taken(5000) 411
Naquadah Stolen(0.0001) 2,355,738,435,154,805
Untrained Kidnapped(50) 5,943,886,456
Weapon Points Destroyed (Sab+Att)(0.0001) 74,293,522,376,607
Attack Turns Used(1) 1,731,971
Brdavs
Forum Elder
Alliance: The Legion
ID: 69113

They`re very important and serve a vital service to the populus at large.

Otherwise I havent a faintest clue as to where we get our morality superiority complex from.
Not just condemnations from everywhere, even calls from high placed media and political people in NA to execute the leaker and assasinate assange, attacks on the website etc. etc.
How exactly will these people turn around and preach to china/russia or advocate small and accountable government after this lol?

And dont give me the "endangering lives, attack on civilized society/world" etc. bullcrap. SD got cought with the hand in the cookie jar spying where they shouldnt, making iffy deals with governments that concealed them from their people who they allegedly answer to, and got show up as argogant and disrespectful, tho the last part isnt exactly a big scoop lol. Public has the right to know.
ImageImage For Rome!
Calibretto wrote: WIR SOLLEN *insert* AUSRADIEREN

Inserted part could be you!
Thriller
Forum Addict
Alliance: Π Allegiance
Race: Replimecator

Only pathetically paranoid people would be upset about this.

Omg, we get to learn that American diplomats are pricks.

I've know a few Americans; I know for certain that "tact" is not something they have much experience with.

Being that most people are so ill informed of the world around them. I hope this exposure sparks a greater interest among people to concern themselves with the realities of the world.
Deals between nations are almost always prid pro quo Rarely do you see co-operation without someones palms getting greased. (almost non existent nowadays)

Unbelievable how coddled some people are to think that this is something terrible. (Gives me a bit of a sick feeling in my Stomach)
Spoiler
Universe wrote:You don't have a case, as Lord Thriller clearly explained.
MajorLeeHurts wrote:^ stole the car and my Booze and my heart * sobs*
Jack wrote: Just wanna be more like you, Master Thriller. :-D
Lord Baal
Forum Irregular
Alternate name(s): Lord Baal

Personally I couldn't care less. we live in a new age people transparency and infomation leaks are a given. In all honety the infomation that is supplied shouldn't be suprising unless someone was so shockingly naive thaqt they get shocked b evidence of some shady deals behind the bac of the populace (Which in nowdays is pretty much all of them) personally I think anyone who is suprised and shocked about what diplomats and governents say about eachother, or any quick pro quo needs to nut up.
Any kind of Blue= Host Talking

Any kind of Green= Symbiote Talking with host voice

Any kind of Purple= Symbiote talking.
Brdavs
Forum Elder
Alliance: The Legion
ID: 69113

Thriller wrote:Only pathetically paranoid people would be upset about this.

I've know a few Americans; I know for certain that "tact" is not something they have much experience with.

Being that most people are so ill informed of the world around them. I hope this exposure sparks a greater interest among people to concern themselves with the realities of the world.
Deals between nations are almost always prid pro quo Rarely do you see co-operation without someones palms getting greased. (almost non existent nowadays)

Unbelievable how coddled some people are to think that this is something terrible. (Gives me a bit of a sick feeling in my Stomach)

You dont think its at all important we know that countries are involved in clandescent wars? That we`re invading and threatheing countires for being "sponsors of terror" while the biggest financers and threaths to stability in the region are "our" closest "allies"? That international and national laws are being broken left right and center?

Cynisism is holding this world in the gutter. Its not ok for palms to be greased, extortions made and laws broken. Now that its exposed we atleast have a chance to better the situation.

What I find nausiating and hillarious at the same time, is the sudden 180deg turn western governments and people are taking on some of the key issues. After fapping off to holywood movies on the subject for some 80 years, thinking ourselves so just and pure. Yesterday every patriot shed a tear in pride over it, relishing his superiority to the commies and tyrants... today its "carebear material" lol.
ImageImage For Rome!
Calibretto wrote: WIR SOLLEN *insert* AUSRADIEREN

Inserted part could be you!
KnowLedge
Forum Elite
Race: Lord of all Daimon

I think its great. They need to do this to improve world conditions.. no more secrets = no more wars.

If only WikiLeaks had something on UFOs
ask me anything, i shell provide you free knowledge

Untrained Units Sold : 1245 Million UU

Am I a Good trader??
http://stargatewars.herebegames.com/vie ... 8&t=114491
HellGirl is my **Filtered**!
Thriller
Forum Addict
Alliance: Π Allegiance
Race: Replimecator

Brdavs wrote:
Thriller wrote:Only pathetically paranoid people would be upset about this.

You dont think its at all important we know that countries are involved in clandescent wars? That we`re invading and threatheing countires for being "sponsors of terror" while the biggest financers and threaths to stability in the region are "our" closest "allies"? That international and national laws are being broken left right and center?

Cynisism is holding this world in the gutter. Its not ok for palms to be greased, extortions made and laws broken. Now that its exposed we atleast have a chance to better the situation.

What I find nausiating and hillarious at the same time, is the sudden 180deg turn western governments and people are taking on some of the key issues. After fapping off to holywood movies on the subject for some 80 years, thinking ourselves so just and pure. Yesterday every patriot shed a tear in pride over it, relishing his superiority to the commies and tyrants... today its "carebear material" lol.

I don't like what "business as usual" has developed into.

I was referring to the fact people are ready to string up Asange for exposing these documents, based a paranoid delusion that they would somehow put millions of lives at risk.
When i know those people are more concerned for their own lives more than anyone elses.
It makes me sick to my stomach(literally) when people are confronted with the realities of situation and choose to cower away and distance themselves through what i think of as a psychotic break from the world around them. Instead of maybe confronting their own perceptions and adapting them to the new information put before them.

I guess my post wasn't very clear.
Spoiler
Universe wrote:You don't have a case, as Lord Thriller clearly explained.
MajorLeeHurts wrote:^ stole the car and my Booze and my heart * sobs*
Jack wrote: Just wanna be more like you, Master Thriller. :-D
Jack
Evil Reincarnated
Alliance: The Empire
Race: Dragonborn
ID: 6475

Eärendil wrote:
KnowLedge wrote:I think its great. They need to do this to improve world conditions.. no more secrets = no more wars.

If only WikiLeaks had something on UFOs

Please let us know that you were joking, on all of that, please.

You're talking to AssAssinX....
Ya'll acting like you know what monster is
Me have 25 years in the monster biz
All monsters think you can fuss with this
Well you can talk to me Snuffleupagus
Me sneak into your house, me leave before dawn
Your daughters will be pregnant and your cookies will be gone
Malx wrote:Make kids not cancer!

Return to “General intelligent discussion topics”