New mods Overzealous??

for FORUM issues, complaints, requests, bugs, etc - - not game related...
Atomos
Forum Regular
ID: 1917453

New mods Overzealous??

So... anyone else think the new mods are a little overzealous? I mean yeah you have to enforce the rules but how about a little leeway??

I'm talking about the General and GC sections mostly. Seems like there's a lot less tolerance over what's considered off topic now :? I liked it better how it used to be [-(

So to summarise, can the general mods be a little less up tight please? :P
Prior - Prophet - Messiah - Incarnate - LG - LG1 - LG2 - LG3 - LG4 - AG - EAG
- AGL - IAG - TAG - PTAG - LTAG - QTAG - KTAG - GAG - TOE - TUS - TUN - TUK

Ascension complete :)
Empy
Derper
Race: Eldar

Re: New mods Overzealous??

Point taken... how about some examples of Modding that happened that you think was not particularly necessary? To help in consideration of possible changes to made, etc. Not looking for any Mod to be singled out but just a scenario.

Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561198036220818]Image[/url]
Spoiler
Ashu
Michael Westen
Alliance: TAF
Race: Human
ID: 81691

Honours and Awards

No. Modding is about being unbiased and keeping with the rules. Up till now i've watched how people yelled bias and the good old "no one does anything" catchphrase. ABIDE THE RULES and no one will touch you.
Bias Admin colour
Atomos
Forum Regular
ID: 1917453

Andrew Carnegie wrote:Point taken... how about some examples of Modding that happened that you think was not particularly necessary? To help in consideration of possible changes to made, etc. Not looking for any Mod to be singled out but just a scenario.

Hi Empy! :D or is that SS? :-k always get you two confused lol
Good point, did kinda rush my post, will go back and look for examples. And to any mod who gets picked for my example, sorry in advance. Not looking to cause trouble, just saying I liked it better before :P

And thanks for your point ashu but as you'll notice, I've always abided the rules hence the 0 warnings (this account and the other one) :-D but I see your point too, its a fine line eh :-k

Guess its hard to please everyone :P on a side note, the mod team is doing a fine job still :smt060 just could be better :smt047
Prior - Prophet - Messiah - Incarnate - LG - LG1 - LG2 - LG3 - LG4 - AG - EAG
- AGL - IAG - TAG - PTAG - LTAG - QTAG - KTAG - GAG - TOE - TUS - TUN - TUK

Ascension complete :)
Empy
Derper
Race: Eldar

Atomos wrote:
Andrew Carnegie wrote:Point taken... how about some examples of Modding that happened that you think was not particularly necessary? To help in consideration of possible changes to made, etc. Not looking for any Mod to be singled out but just a scenario.

Hi Empy! :D or is that SS? :-k always get you two confused lol
Good point, did kinda rush my post, will go back and look for examples. And to any mod who gets picked for my example, sorry in advance. Not looking to cause trouble, just saying I liked it better before :P

And thanks for your point ashu but as you'll notice, I've always abided the rules hence the 0 warnings (this account and the other one) :-D but I see your point too, its a fine line eh :-k

Guess its hard to please everyone :P on a side note, the mod team is doing a fine job still :smt060 just could be better :smt047
It's Empy! :-D

Ya like Ashu said most times it's pretty cut and dry, just don't break the rules... pretty easy. Other times it can be a blurry line, like off topic/spam posts. When a conversation in a topic that is off topic has derailed a topic is debatable and everyone will say differently. It's also debatable whether said discussions are actually off topic; they're not always like someone talking about some pizza they just ate in a topic about a war ingame.

So that being said any new points of view on that matter (since you're talking about spam rules) are always welcome because it helps to bring up new possibilities and forces one to reevaluate ones own point of view. So it's definitely never easy to make the determination but you do the best you can on a case by case basis, and it's even harder to have continuity since every Mod is different and will Mod differently. As the GM of the General Section though it is of course my job to try and make sure that all Mods are on as close to the same page as is possible.

I felt like making a long post...

Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561198036220818]Image[/url]
Spoiler

Return to “Forum Specific Issues/Requests/Bugs (NOT GAME ISSUES)”