Disciples of Sobek(Flight Eater)

To discuss, debate, suggest improvements on, or ask to rollback, enhancements released to the game.
BMMJ13
Lord of Winterfell
Alliance: Tauri Alliance
Race: Tollan
ID: 89633

Honours and Awards

Re: Disciples of Sobek(Flight Eater)

Disciples of Sobek(Flight Eater)
Seeing as a Fleet (aboard a MS) cannot be attacked, they in turn can not attaack others ---ie this house cannot conquer planets.
Flight Eaters, of course, will not be able to fly without angering their god...so it is in fact your own crew who -in fear of gods- does not engage in such flights.
UPDATE(the next day): OK - so, massing planets was an issue if target could not destroy the fleet back. But no planet acquisition also an equal issue...SO.....
The ability of those in the house to attack planets is back. BUT the chance that the MotherShips do NOT engage (but turns still used) is now 80%, leaving 20% of the time it works normally....
Also: 20% of the time, defender and attacker MS WILL engage in normal battles.
This should allow everyone their desired actions, with a bit more risk than before, and potentially costing more turns for retaliation, but not impossible.

Looks like it got changed so that it's not really no MS, but it's mostly not MS. :smt017 Seems better to me since those in can still steal planets, but those out of it can still mass fleets (and motherships too now it seems).
Mar 18, 14:52 General Zeus Sabotage Repelled 104,724,369 details
Spoiler
ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

GeneralChaos
Forum Addict
Alliance: Omega
ID: 59627

So its bascially, instead of 100% negates all MS, its 80% Negates all MS.

Where do you see the updated text though, as i cannot see it when i click on the house, unless your getting it from the Manage Alliance Panel.
Deep within Noob Cave, you find a strange pool filled with a glowing blue liquid. You think back to what your mother told you about unfamiliar liquids found in caves.

You're pretty sure she said "Drink it! What's the worst that can happen?"
BMMJ13
Lord of Winterfell

Honours and Awards

GeneralChaos wrote:So its bascially, instead of 100% negates all MS, its 80% Negates all MS.

Where do you see the updated text though, as i cannot see it when i click on the house, unless your getting it from the Manage Alliance Panel.

It is in the updates section at the top left of the page. And yes, I believe that means it Negates all MS 80% of the time, 20% of the time it's not, so it's possible to mass both fleets and ms of those in house, however it takes 5x as long/5x as many ats in theory.
Spoiler
ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

GeneralChaos
Forum Addict
Alliance: Omega
ID: 59627

Id say it was alot less than 20% but hey its all good, and keeps all happy.

As you can see 1 of your members was his 36 times, and only 2 of the hits got the MS, and both where mine, as i have the intel report from before and after to back it up, but its all good, with admins crazy random numbers that 20% probably goes anywhere from 2%-80% LOL.
Deep within Noob Cave, you find a strange pool filled with a glowing blue liquid. You think back to what your mother told you about unfamiliar liquids found in caves.

You're pretty sure she said "Drink it! What's the worst that can happen?"
BMMJ13
Lord of Winterfell

Honours and Awards

GeneralChaos wrote:Id say it was alot less than 20% but hey its all good, and keeps all happy.

As you can see 1 of your members was his 36 times, and only 2 of the hits got the MS, and both where mine, as i have the intel report from before and after to back it up, but its all good, with admins crazy random numbers that 20% probably goes anywhere from 2%-80% LOL.

Yes, with admin's numbers that means it can be anywhere from almost 100% in a few hits, to like 5% over 100 hits. I myself was hit only once today, but yet it hit MS too. So, you never know how the calculation is going to work, however I imagine it's close enough to being No MS, yet allows fleets to be massed especially if they are just sitting out that it should please any real side to the argument.
Spoiler
ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

~Coyle~
Forum Addict
Alliance: Doom
Race: Irish
ID: 0

This house is useless, we basically still cant take planets, over 20 hits to try and grab a planet and i still havent got it and im losing the ats too.

I'll update you all when i finally get it

hit 30...

hit 40....

hit 50...

hit 60... **Filtered** that i give up, if i see this txt again ill viciously beat my lawnmower

A fleet, aiming at conquering a planet, being aboard a MotherShip, is sure to anger the gods of the house...
Your crew engages regardless and......
NOTHING - YOU RETURN TO YOUR OWN REALM, HAVING WASTER YOUR TIME -it is as if you never left
What are the chances? (well about percent, actually))
Curse you, most blessed house!
Last edited by ~Coyle~ on Thu Jan 13, 2011 9:46 pm, edited 3 times in total.

...what makes you think Tom can't hurt you? Guy's a genius :P He's walking around, a free man, with over a hundred child molestation charges on him - Daku
BMMJ13
Lord of Winterfell

Honours and Awards

~Coyle~ wrote:This house is useless, we basically still cant take planets, over 20 hits to try and grab a planet and i still havent got it and im losing the ats too.

I'll update you all when i finally get it

There was an attempt to mass a ms in EPA, I believe it took about 1600 ats worth of 3 at hits. No idea how big it was when started or finished.
Spoiler
ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

~Coyle~
Forum Addict

60 hits later and i havent got one hit in, its one thing not to be able to hit the MS but we cant take planets, i wonder how admin thought this was a fix :-k

...what makes you think Tom can't hurt you? Guy's a genius :P He's walking around, a free man, with over a hundred child molestation charges on him - Daku
BMMJ13
Lord of Winterfell

Honours and Awards

~Coyle~ wrote:60 hits later and i havent got one hit in, its one thing not to be able to hit the MS but we cant take planets, i wonder how admin thought this was a fix :-k

I also believe that other houses are having the same problem, so maybe it's just an error in calculation (though our house may still expect this after)
Spoiler
ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

~Coyle~
Forum Addict

BMMJ13 wrote:
~Coyle~ wrote:60 hits later and i havent got one hit in, its one thing not to be able to hit the MS but we cant take planets, i wonder how admin thought this was a fix :-k

I also believe that other houses are having the same problem, so maybe it's just an error in calculation (though our house may still expect this after)

I hope not, oh how simple solutions always get over looked. Well ive had my rant for tonight, that dual wont be out tomorrow, dam update/better be an error :-D

BMMJ13
Lord of Winterfell

Honours and Awards

~Coyle~ wrote:
BMMJ13 wrote:

I hope not, oh how simple solutions always get over looked. Well ive had my rant for tonight, that dual wont be out tomorrow, dam update/better be an error :-D

It may be a problem with every house getting it, that it's actually 80% for You and 80% for them, meaning that instead of 20% of the time it doesn't show up, it's more like 4% (20% of 20%)
Spoiler
ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

MEZZANINE
Forum Addict
Alliance: Forgotten Serenity
Race: System Lord
ID: 81691

This 'fix' is rubbish, the whole point of the house is NO MS, I dont see the NO AB house being changed to 80% No AB. This means anyone with enough ATs ( the $$$ spenders mostly ) can MS mass people in the house, and those in the house can suddenly have enemy MSs doubling enemy defs essentially giving an extra AB.

The fairest fix is the one suggested by several people already, NO MS but Fleets do fight.

If that makes fleets too vulnerable, maybe it could be NO MS UNLESS fleets are built, so basically fleets put MS into action.

Or the Fleet -v- Fleet fight option I suggested.

What really get me is Admin have made another so called 'fix' without reading what people want and think fair here in this thread.

Spoiler
Attack Mercs Killed (30) 459,329,001
Defence Mercs Killed (10) 2,918,478,517
Attack Soldiers Killed(60) 12,677,958
Defence Soldiers Killed(20) 226,236,488
Attack Super Soldiers Killed(300) 490,627,262
Defence Super Soldiers Killed(100) 4,131,482,551
Spies Killed(50) 4,256,505,842
Spy Killers Killed(50) 651,022,448
Mothership Weapons Destroyed(300) 35,583,034
Mothership Shields Destroyed(300) 39,498,511
Mothership Fleets Destroyed(200) 2,413,254
Planet Defences Destroyed(300) 358,539
Planets Taken(5000) 411
Naquadah Stolen(0.0001) 2,355,738,435,154,805
Untrained Kidnapped(50) 5,943,886,456
Weapon Points Destroyed (Sab+Att)(0.0001) 74,293,522,376,607
Attack Turns Used(1) 1,731,971
Easy^
Forum Elite

Oh and 60 hits and still can't grab a planet, how does that make planets recoverable?

They strip one of me and in 12h i can do gazillion hits waste 1k ATs and still not recover the planet.

Silly silly.

PS: Admin, you should have tried to actually play the game, before you change/update anything, since apparently you don't understand your own game dynamics.

PS2: Maybe rename the house to House of LUCK? You either hit it or not, and add the dice game while at it :)

Easy
The Leader and Creator of Forgotten Serenity
Spoiler
Champions Train, Losers Complain!
Korruption
Forum Elite
Alliance: Tombstone
Race: System Lord
ID: 1936624

i just raided 3m UU of all inactives, and my ms was in about 90% of the hits
Spoiler
^^^ Skyfighter
^^^ Phalax
{img]http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x200 ... orr1-1.png[/img]
^^^ Korruption
~Odin~
Alföðr
Alliance: The Collective
Race: International Pimp

Easy^ wrote:PS2: Maybe rename the house to House of LUCK? You either hit it or not, and add the dice game while at it

LMAO Best post today!
The forces of harchester fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 145,573,411,725,000 damage
The forces of harchester fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 3 damage
TGW Annual Community Awards 2014/2015
Spoiler

Return to “Discussion on Enhancements (ones already released)”