Cricket World Cup

For the discussion of sports. Moo?
Dmonix
Count Duckula
Alliance: MaYHeM
Race: Scouse
ID: 21000

Re: Cricket World Cup

[BoT] Jason wrote:SA will choke at some point. But donald you cant denY the raping we gave netherlands, 250 run victory is decent

It was a game we had to win as I said earlier, I feel bad watching these association teams playing in the world cup, the ICC hasn't granted these countries test status and is thinking of removing them from future world cups.

The ICC has clearly been charged with killing the game of cricket. I was glad to see Ireland a non-test nation beat England the founders of the great game. Kenya, Canada and Netherlands getting thrashed is nothing worth bragging about, those guys are there doing their absolute best against guys who's entire lives revolve around playing top draw cricket.

I'd like to see the World Cup playing nations do tours, I would support Kenya at Wanderers just because I'd be happy to see them more than once every four years at the world cup.

Juliette wrote:
[BoT] Jason wrote:SA will choke at some point. But donald you cant denY the raping we gave netherlands, 250 run victory is decent

[-X No bragging. You beat a bunch of great guys who happen to be amateurs in their daily lives. Well, except for that English guy who is on the Dutch team.

Bragging about this is like Inter Milan bragging about beating .. umm .. Ajax Cape Town. Oh yeah.

Man United used to come every year with their second strength team to wipe the floor with Orlando Pirates and Kaizer Chiefs, not a pretty site. On the plus side Orlando Pirates vs Kaizer Chiefs outsell a Manchester derby anyday but that's off topic.

Spoiler
Kikaz wrote:Thanks to:
MaYHeM - You guys were the closest thing I've found to family in this game, thanks for giving me a chance and eventually being crazy enough to vote me onto your high council and eventually let me lead you for several months. I had a blast with you guys.
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

Dmonix wrote:
Juliette wrote:

[-X No bragging. You beat a bunch of great guys who happen to be amateurs in their daily lives. Well, except for that English guy who is on the Dutch team.

Bragging about this is like Inter Milan bragging about beating .. umm .. Ajax Cape Town. Oh yeah.
Man United used to come every year with their second strength team to wipe the floor with Orlando Pirates and Kaizer Chiefs, not a pretty site. On the plus side Orlando Pirates vs Kaizer Chiefs outsell a Manchester derby anyday but that's off topic.
I'll bet he atmosphere is so much better with an OP vs KC game, too. ;)

Anyway, I like cricket. Watching it is fun, as long as it is the start or end of the game. Middle runs are dull as **Filtered**.
[BoT] Jason
Forum History
Alliance: TA
Race: DIEDAYDIEDAY
ID: 13003152
Alternate name(s): Pimp,Slenderman

I did not mean to brag, i was stating that sa is in the right frame of mind taking it serious from the beginning. I mean look preps to netherlands for being the dark horse and actually upsetting the balance quite often in world cups
Pimping

Feb 06, 06:16 Field Marshall Attack defended 15 88,977,968 0 x,x62,635,278,400 900,114 details

| | Hero of the Year | |

Winner: BMMJ13
xDaku
Forum Addict
Alliance: Forgotten Serenity - leader
ID: 27858

Ireland is just one example of the potential that these smaller teams have. Bangladesh has shown quite a bit of improvement over the years and I personally believe these smaller teams, especially Ireland, could grow very well if they just had the funding for it. Last world cup they beat Pakistan and now England...the improvement is obvious.

On the other hand, SA might choke but I don't see it happening in the England game based purely off the confidence level of each team. As anyone who follows cricket would know, confidence is a huge factor in how a team performs and at the moment SA have the advantage on that side. Plus SA has a lot of new players meaning they don't have the baggage that the older players had to perform every time...less pressure on the players could mean an improved performance. We'll see, but I definitely can't wait for this weekend's games. So excited :D
Spoiler
Easy^ wrote: I am sorry if my shadow is too awesome for you to stand in.
E
MEZZANINE wrote:
Oooo I like higher math

E=Mc2*SGW = ( ( U = A*S*S ) + ( JT + $$$ + E*G*O ) ) + ( FS = AWESOME + Infinity ). Therefor FS -> DDE :D
Yyith wrote:Yyith says:
thats why women have small feet
get closer to the sink
Spoiler
Mezzanine wrote:Picture a hot summers day, sitting on the grass ( maybe smoking it too lol ), sun shining, cool breeze, cold beer, beautiful lady, perfect Serenity

Now picture your worst nightmare, the grass turned into trenches of mud, rain drenching you, ice winds, down to rations, surrounded by death and destruction

Turning your dreams into nightmares is what we do, heed this warning and pass it on, else you will forget your serenity forever

Blood in 2012 - Updated 1st Sep, 2012:
Spoiler
Attack Soldiers killed: 32,934,122
Defence Soldiers killed: 17,810,494
Attack Supers killed: 777,708,800
Defence Supers killed: 1,004,092,379
Spy Killers killed: 301,726,911
Spies Killed: 1,223,520,310
Total: 3,357,793,016

Raiders lost: 5,324,560
Guards lost: 14,223,773
Super Soldiers lost: 907,918,161
Super Guards lost: 654,870,558
Undercover Agents lost: 411,831,764
Assassin lost: 269,766,078
Total: 2,263,934,894
RepliMagni
Forum Addict
Alliance: Loner :P
Race: NanoTiMaster
ID: 1908448

Oh dear...poor Bangladesh #-o
Juliette
Verified
The Queen

[BoT] Jason wrote:I did not mean to brag, i was stating that sa is in the right frame of mind taking it serious from the beginning. I mean look preps to netherlands for being the dark horse and actually upsetting the balance quite often in world cups
I know. ;) You can't really do much wrong with me, Pimpin'.

RepliMagni wrote:Oh dear...poor Bangladesh #-o
*chuckles* Quite understated.
xDaku
Forum Addict
Alliance: Forgotten Serenity - leader
ID: 27858

wow I feel bad for the audience who paid big money to go see that match...
Spoiler
Easy^ wrote: I am sorry if my shadow is too awesome for you to stand in.
E
MEZZANINE wrote:
Oooo I like higher math

E=Mc2*SGW = ( ( U = A*S*S ) + ( JT + $$$ + E*G*O ) ) + ( FS = AWESOME + Infinity ). Therefor FS -> DDE :D
Yyith wrote:Yyith says:
thats why women have small feet
get closer to the sink
Spoiler
Mezzanine wrote:Picture a hot summers day, sitting on the grass ( maybe smoking it too lol ), sun shining, cool breeze, cold beer, beautiful lady, perfect Serenity

Now picture your worst nightmare, the grass turned into trenches of mud, rain drenching you, ice winds, down to rations, surrounded by death and destruction

Turning your dreams into nightmares is what we do, heed this warning and pass it on, else you will forget your serenity forever

Blood in 2012 - Updated 1st Sep, 2012:
Spoiler
Attack Soldiers killed: 32,934,122
Defence Soldiers killed: 17,810,494
Attack Supers killed: 777,708,800
Defence Supers killed: 1,004,092,379
Spy Killers killed: 301,726,911
Spies Killed: 1,223,520,310
Total: 3,357,793,016

Raiders lost: 5,324,560
Guards lost: 14,223,773
Super Soldiers lost: 907,918,161
Super Guards lost: 654,870,558
Undercover Agents lost: 411,831,764
Assassin lost: 269,766,078
Total: 2,263,934,894
Dmonix
Count Duckula

SA won't choke yet, they have a winning formula for the group stages it's just the knock out stages where we drop the bat

Allan Donald is still my favourite cricketer for obvious reasons, it was the moment that crushed my hope for the Proteas all the same

Spoiler
MaYHeM - You guys were the closest thing I've found to family in this game, thanks for giving me a chance and eventually being crazy enough to vote me onto your high council and eventually let me lead you for several months. I had a blast with you guys.
RepliMagni
Forum Addict

Dmonix wrote:SA won't choke yet, they have a winning formula for the group stages it's just the knock out stages where we drop the bat

I dunno.....losing to England is never a good sign :smt050

England have been involved in all the most interesting games so far: Netherlands giving them a scare, the epic draw with India on the last ball, the epic loss to O'Brien and the highest run chase in WC history, and now coming back from a low total to win against SA. :smt091
Dmonix
Count Duckula

I really didn't expect them to choke this early, how exciting, we're failing earlier than usual.

Spoiler
Juliette
Verified
The Queen

Dmonix wrote:I really didn't expect them to choke this early, how exciting, we're failing earlier than usual.
Choking is hiiiiiiilarious.
KnowLedge
Forum Elite
Race: Lord of all Daimon
ID: 0

W00t Ireland only got around 200, shouldn't be hard for india. But that chicken dancing guy (Johnson) is quite annoying, 2 wickets to him already!!!
ask me anything, i shell provide you free knowledge

Untrained Units Sold : 1245 Million UU

Am I a Good trader??
http://stargatewars.herebegames.com/vie ... 8&t=114491
HellGirl is my **Filtered**!
KnowLedge
Forum Elite
Race: Lord of all Daimon
ID: 0

watching india vs Sa rite now..

I couldn't believe the rate at which those 5-6 wickets were given away after Tendulkar's//

SA have a chance if Khalies does good

edit..: game finished, SA won. Why would captain give the last over to an inexperienced bowler is something i don't understand..
ask me anything, i shell provide you free knowledge

Untrained Units Sold : 1245 Million UU

Am I a Good trader??
http://stargatewars.herebegames.com/vie ... 8&t=114491
HellGirl is my **Filtered**!
RepliMagni
Forum Addict

Oh dear.....poor Windies 8-[
Dmonix
Count Duckula

Pakistan are ripping through that order :shock:

Spoiler

Return to “Sports Section”