Petrol Theft

MEZZANINE
Forum Addict
Alliance: Forgotten Serenity
Race: System Lord
ID: 81691

Petrol Theft

Today I got in my car drove 1 block towards work and ran out of petrol, why ? Not because I forgot to fill her up, but because some scum had cut my fuel line and drained my tank during the night.

Similar occurrences seem to be spreading, another car in my street had a hole drilled in the tank to drain it, and 2 people I work with had their number plates stolen from the works car park, the police told them stolen plates are usually used for filling up at petrol stations and driving off without paying.

So with Petrol prices constantly rising and becoming valuable enough for thieves to risk stealing in the street how long before we all have to defend our fuel ? Fit alarms to our petrol tanks ?

Spoiler
Attack Mercs Killed (30) 459,329,001
Defence Mercs Killed (10) 2,918,478,517
Attack Soldiers Killed(60) 12,677,958
Defence Soldiers Killed(20) 226,236,488
Attack Super Soldiers Killed(300) 490,627,262
Defence Super Soldiers Killed(100) 4,131,482,551
Spies Killed(50) 4,256,505,842
Spy Killers Killed(50) 651,022,448
Mothership Weapons Destroyed(300) 35,583,034
Mothership Shields Destroyed(300) 39,498,511
Mothership Fleets Destroyed(200) 2,413,254
Planet Defences Destroyed(300) 358,539
Planets Taken(5000) 411
Naquadah Stolen(0.0001) 2,355,738,435,154,805
Untrained Kidnapped(50) 5,943,886,456
Weapon Points Destroyed (Sab+Att)(0.0001) 74,293,522,376,607
Attack Turns Used(1) 1,731,971
minisaiyan
Forum Addict
Race: DieHard
Alternate name(s): CJL
Hatebreeder
Aesthetics of Hate

Re: Petrol Theft

Its ridiculous that it comes to this, but unsurprising given the current climate.

Apparently it is a lot cheaper over the pond in america or so somebody was saying.
Lithium
Forum Zombie
Alliance: The Pirate's Panties
Race: Pirate
ID: 0

thats why yr gov leaders wage war on other countries killing ppl in Libia end others
Previously on GateWars Forum
The orgin of Guild
Spoiler
Lithium wrote:he was talkin bout me and remembering the days i was massing him wit one finger ;)
Guild wrote:is that the same finger you stick up your bum ? :smt060
Lithium wrote:no its the one who gave u life ;)
Field Marshall wrote:Lith put his finger up his bum and Guild arrived? :smt017
I wish that was genuinely true :)
Lithium wrote:oooo why there isnt any emo for this one , id have dropped of chair dead :smt042
MajorLeeHurts wrote:
Lithium wrote:oooo why there isnt any emo for this one , id have dropped of chair dead :smt042
Agreed that was the funnies **Filtered** ive read here!
Im sure JT is enjoying this thread , if he isnt hes in a coma !
Feedback Me
http://stargatewars.herebegames.com/vie ... 8&t=101259
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

I remember stealing a car once. Aside from the rush of running away with it (heavy stuff, all that metal), that petrol sloshed an awful lot. Almost gave away our position. So yeah. I can imagine people stealing just the car. Or just the petrol. Whichever flicks their switch, or lights their proverbial bonfire.

Stealing oil? What does that have to do with stealing petrol? Odd folk. Now if you were to own a refinery would change things, otherwise stick with diesel.
Cole
Forum History
Alliance: Generations
ID: 7889
Alternate name(s): Legendary Apophis, Apophis The Great, Legendary

Lithium wrote:thats why yr gov leaders wage war on other countries killing ppl in Libia end others

Uh it is mainly Khadafi and his loyal troops who are killing protesters for weeks in Libya in the region around Benghazi..
Juliette
Verified
The Queen

Cole wrote:
Lithium wrote:thats why yr gov leaders wage war on other countries killing ppl in Libia end others
Uh it is mainly Khadafi and his loyal troops who are killing protesters for weeks in Libya..
I may not be a mod at the moment, but keep the **Filtered** on topic, and leave your propaganda in the Libya-thread(s) already in existence. Lithiums remark was a general statement about the background of "Petrol Theft". Discussion about Libya is to keep to the existing thread(s). :smt018
Last edited by Guest on Mon Mar 21, 2011 12:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: hiccups
MEZZANINE
Forum Addict

I already got a description of the guy who stole my petrol and messed with my car, this weekend he will no doubt be out on the rob again, and I will be on the hunt.

On the wider issue I think the more petrol prices rise, more common these kind of thefts will become.

And on the slightly off topic subject of wars for oil, only the few profit from such wars, petrol prices didnt go down after we invaded Iraq, they wont go down if we invade Libya.

Spoiler
Planets Taken(5000) 411
[KMA]Avenger
Forum Zombie
Location: Borehamwood Elstree, England, 2 mins from George Lucas Studios.

MEZZANINE wrote:Today I got in my car drove 1 block towards work and ran out of petrol, why ? Not because I forgot to fill her up, but because some scum had cut my fuel line and drained my tank during the night.

Similar occurrences seem to be spreading, another car in my street had a hole drilled in the tank to drain it, and 2 people I work with had their number plates stolen from the works car park, the police told them stolen plates are usually used for filling up at petrol stations and driving off without paying.

So with Petrol prices constantly rising and becoming valuable enough for thieves to risk stealing in the street how long before we all have to defend our fuel ? Fit alarms to our petrol tanks ?

I'm not surprised mate. remember the refinery blockades some 11 years ago now? i was working for Cable London at the time and needed diesel so i bluffed my way into an ESSO petrol station saying i was an essential service (those were the only ones being allowed to fill up at the time) claiming i worked as a phone engineer and "how would he (the policeman at the station telling motorists they couldn't fill up) like to be named on the front page if an old lady died because her phone wasn't working and couldn't contact the ambulance service all because i couldn't get round to fix her phone line due to me running out of fuel and an overzealous policeman!?!"
So there's me filling up and this guy runs over and hands me £10 to fill up a petrol canister that barely holds 5 litres of petrol, i was mortified people could get so desperate :shock:

Anyways, for a few days the refineries stayed blockaded and the situation got so bad people went around stealing everyone else's petrol if you remember.

Prices wont come down and things will get worse for 2 reasons. 1, all our money has been devalued. and the cost of a barrel of oil will go upto $200 to $250.

As we all know, the $ is the worlds reserve currency and because of that fact our yank brothers and sisters enjoy cheap prices at the pump, but the day is coming very soon now when they will be paying the same price for "gas" as the rest of the world.

Well, i hope you catch the man that did it, i know what i would do to him!

Infinite Love Is the Only Truth: Everything Else Is Illusion.

-David Icke
Jack
Evil Reincarnated
Alliance: The Empire
Race: Dragonborn
ID: 6475

[KMA]Avenger wrote:
MEZZANINE wrote:Today I got in my car drove 1 block towards work and ran out of petrol, why ? Not because I forgot to fill her up, but because some scum had cut my fuel line and drained my tank during the night.

I'm not surprised mate. remember the refinery blockades some 11 years ago now? i was working for Cable London at the time and needed diesel so i bluffed my way into an ESSO petrol station saying i was an essential service (those were the only ones being allowed to fill up at the time) claiming i worked as a phone engineer and "how would he (the policeman at the station telling motorists they couldn't fill up) like to be named on the front page if an old lady died because her phone wasn't working and couldn't contact the ambulance service all because i couldn't get round to fix her phone line due to me running out of fuel and an overzealous policeman!?!"
So there's me filling up and this guy runs over and hands me £10 to fill up a petrol canister that barely holds 5 litres of petrol, i was mortified people could get so desperate :shock:

Anyways, for a few days the refineries stayed blockaded and the situation got so bad people went around stealing everyone else's petrol if you remember.

Prices wont come down and things will get worse for 2 reasons. 1, all our money has been devalued. and the cost of a barrel of oil will go upto $200 to $250.

As we all know, the $ is the worlds reserve currency and because of that fact our yank brothers and sisters enjoy cheap prices at the pump, but the day is coming very soon now when they will be paying the same price for "gas" as the rest of the world.

Well, i hope you catch the man that did it, i know what i would do to him!

Shoot em in the face then piss down his throat? It's what I'd do. And I'd get away with it too, because it's legal in Texas. :smt028
Ya'll acting like you know what monster is
Me have 25 years in the monster biz
All monsters think you can fuss with this
Well you can talk to me Snuffleupagus
Me sneak into your house, me leave before dawn
Your daughters will be pregnant and your cookies will be gone
Malx wrote:Make kids not cancer!
[KMA]Avenger
Forum Zombie

Gotta love Texas...shoot them and then go home without bothering to ask any questions :twisted:

-David Icke
Jack
Evil Reincarnated

If you ever wanna come visit and kill some gas thieves, I've for a spare bedroom. :-D

On a sidenote: last time gas prices skyrocketed, we had to buy a locking gas cap because our gas got stolen like two or three times. :mad:
MEZZANINE
Forum Addict

[BoT] Jack wrote:Shoot em in the face then piss down his throat? It's what I'd do. And I'd get away with it too, because it's legal in Texas. :smt028

Wish I could, for some reason killing people is frowned upon in the UK even when they deserve it, also we have no deserts to bury the bodies in. Recon I'll have to be satisfied with giving the scum a good beating when I catch him.

Also Im thinking booby traps, superglueing some razor blades around the fuel lines where the thief would stick his hand to pull the pipe out occurred to me but may have some drawbacks if they were close enough to cut the pipe. Any realistic suggestions appreciated, no bombs so silly stuff.

Spoiler
Planets Taken(5000) 411
Juliette
Verified
The Queen

A second, fake gas cap, with a little (well, large enough) tank of liquid nitrogen behind it. ;)
Jack
Evil Reincarnated

Booby traps are illegal in Texas, thus probably carry the death penalty in the UK.
[KMA]Avenger
Forum Zombie

MEZZANINE wrote:
Wish I could, for some reason killing people is frowned upon in the UK even when they deserve it, also we have no deserts to bury the bodies in. Recon I'll have to be satisfied with giving the scum a good beating when I catch him.

Not a problem, keep some hogs in your backyard. anyone asks, you're a hog farmer :smt047

-David Icke

Return to “General intelligent discussion topics”