Massing Updates

To discuss, debate, suggest improvements on, or ask to rollback, enhancements released to the game.
Iƒrit
Forum Addict
Alliance: The Legion
Race: System Lord
ID: 22479
Alternate name(s): Hansel, Nighthawk

Re: Massing Updates

I want to clarify, I never stated alliance repair stopped massing, I actually never stated anything about repairs in that degree. However I did/do believe that the overwhelming number of them caused players to not attempt it as much, since it was at a near infinite level.

The point of the update was to make massing more likely and on par or next to par of sabotage not to flop it back to one extreme. So please keep things in check ;)
Empy
Derper
Race: Eldar

Iƒrit wrote:I want to clarify, I never stated alliance repair stopped massing, I actually never stated anything about repairs in that degree. However I did/do believe that the overwhelming number of them caused players to not attempt it as much, since it was at a near infinite level.

The point of the update was to make massing more likely and on par or next to par of sabotage not to flop it back to one extreme. So please keep things in check ;)
*high-fives*

Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561198036220818]Image[/url]
Spoiler
Deadliest Wes
Forum Irregular
Alliance: Δ Allegiance
Race: Oni System Lord
ID: 68005
Alternate name(s): Your Worse Nightmare, The Butcher!

Robe wrote:
Deadliest Wes wrote:
Tyber Zann wrote:Perhaps the suggestions from people who actually play this game should be paid as much attention as to those which are currently been listened to, but only serve self interest rather than the improvement of the game for all.

You are 100% correct, but I have to say iv said this once here and it was deleted on page 10. Thanks again bias mod team.

I can see where I went wrong now.
I spent years building an active alliance when all I had to do was complain in forums every time someone over took me in the game.

+1
6 Titan Accounts Decended since April 10, 2011
If you have traded with me please post feedback. Here
Tekki wrote:I'm kinda happy that he's chosen to come back... :P
Other Sign
Deadliest Wes
Forum Irregular
Alliance: Δ Allegiance
Race: Oni System Lord
ID: 68005
Alternate name(s): Your Worse Nightmare, The Butcher!

Túrin Turambar wrote:
Deadliest Wes wrote:Edit 2: we do not believe that alliance repair is ruining massing, the lack of blance between attack and defense weapons repair and alliance ppt is what is ruining massing.
That's what you believe, I don't think there is any "imbalance" between attack and defense weapon repair.

I guess u can say when I said "we" I ment big alliances. U was not included. Thanks
6 Titan Accounts Decended since April 10, 2011
If you have traded with me please post feedback. Here
Tekki wrote:I'm kinda happy that he's chosen to come back... :P
Other Sign
Empy
Derper
Race: Eldar

Deadliest Wes wrote:
Túrin Turambar wrote:
Deadliest Wes wrote:Edit 2: we do not believe that alliance repair is ruining massing, the lack of blance between attack and defense weapons repair and alliance ppt is what is ruining massing.
That's what you believe, I don't think there is any "imbalance" between attack and defense weapon repair.

I guess u can say when I said "we" I ment big alliances. U was not included. Thanks
Oh, I'm so embarrassed, don't look at me!

Somehow I don't think you can even speak for all of OE, let alone all of the "big alliances." However you define that. Simply speak for yourself and don't give the illusion everyone agrees with you when they don't.

Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561198036220818]Image[/url]
Spoiler
twistie666
Forum Irregular
Alliance: Unknøwn Łegacy
Race: Asgard
ID: 90384

i honestly thin that we should put up a votw to go back to old school! =D>
[SlayerS_fith]
Forum Elite
Alliance: Ascended.Gen~
Race: ~Replicator
ID: 40009

i agree the allinace rapire funtion was abused. and atm i dont mind its current set up.

but things like alliance bank and th eppt system have gone awole.

the abusing of aliance reapaire is now basicly fixed kinda.
i dont know how the hell said 1 alliance repaire stops a massing. you've got it all wrong or you simply give up =/

ive massed countless of people with them using alliance reapair funtion.
just slows things down abit with a active alliacne cycling the command system tokeep coverage.
thats TEAM WORK. and works well.

point is adjustments's on the ppt and other alliance gift funtions.

and tweek th ealliance repair as so its costly but not so much abusive.
you cant have 1 with out the other.

eg if people wish to cheap farm and abuse the repaire system it'll take a huuge chuck of aliance funds.
a risk taken when also helping out a fellow member being massed n using it.

with this risk comes the risk of not hvaing enough alliance naq to ppt the alliance etc.

ppl will complain about how much it cost's. and if its such a bother. adapt your allinace to build higher incomes....
problem solved.

the game is about adaptation.
the alliance rapire funtion is 1 of them

the allaince bank increase is stuffed and by no means even wroth using now.
the ppt system now had set blocks? as aposed to the 1 hour ad on's?
thats a lil harsh. but workable.
Spoiler
Spoiler
Song to My Carerr starting 2011 :P
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SPgfapFr3-s
~Thamuz~
Forum Expert

How about admin implement a system for Alliance gifts to work on Players that are below a certain Army size, and once you go over the alliance gift cap they don't work anymore, we need something to help the small and the new, why not put the system back to the way it was but the gifts only work for players under a certain army size. This would help the small player alliances save some of there stuff if they have a good system going if a larger player alliance decides to mass. as there small they wouldn't be able to hit back against alot of the players that are massing them but would add an added element in alliance gifts helping them out. Just a thought, i know it needs to be fine tuned a bit (thats where you as the community come in). I'd be happy not getting any alliance gifts but would also be happy for these alliance gifts to work on the small and not the large. I wouldn't even care if some of the larger players dropped below the cap to take advantage as they would now be small without the army size to be able to mass the big accounts and still benifit from the gifts. Thoughts and added idea's to fine tune would be great. ~T~
~squishie~
Exists to be Squished
Race: Vampire
ID: 0

Deadliest Wes.

1. No-one has deleted any of your posts, I just checked the moderator logs and none of the moderators have done anything in this thread since I split it. If it was to do with turn production then if you had READ my post you would have seen that got split off into another topic so how about before you start complaining about everything and crying that a mod deleted your post, then read back a bit.
2. If you wish to complain, go to the ombudsman section. It is their job or pm a mod.

End of discussion on that.
you may now return to discussing the updates.

~squishie~
Tekki
Forum Addict

Forum wrote:now live. was in the 'upcoming enhancements' thread for a long while, getting fine tuned (started as a nerf sabotage thread ;) )
Anyway - I listened once, and *MAY* even do it again if you want to comment on the release ;)
Cheers
j.
:smt023 :smt119

Attack / Massing / Alliance Gifts Changes
The Following changes were all made to bring power back to 'massing' (multiple attack on enemy to bring down their defence) -- which was done in favor of reducing sabotage.
1) Phasing maximum (pre realm alert settings) from 200 to 250 attack turns used on you. So accounts will now take longer to phase out, stopping any further attacks on their realm for a time...
2) Auto-War setting: has moved from 240 to 300 attack turns used on a target in 24hours before the game automatically sets them to a war relationship.
3) The cost of alliance gifts (ppt/repair/bank) is multiplied by members/5 (twice), up from a single multiply of base times members/5. It also doubles the base cost each year (in increments...not all at once.) And alliance repair doubled ontop of that.
4) Alliance repair from per turn, to per day (still 10). This in particular is to stop the repair function allowing free farming, hurting smaller accounts that would otherwise go below the 'worth it' threshold.
5) 7% drop in base attack unit death rate

I think this bit is not quite calculating correctly, which is what Robe has been trying to say. Currently the price is going up very quickly and unless I screwed up the math completely it's going up much faster than it should be, though I admit that I can't get the numbers working out exactly -since I don't know exactly how old PI or some of the sample alliances I've been doing the calculations with are hence I'm not sure where the increment is.

Also the description is a little vague and I usually find with this game I need a worked example to make sure I do all the multiplication in the right order. But anyway, for the first year the increment on alliance PPT is 16.4million a DAY, the next year 32.8million per day, for an alliance in their third year it's 65.75million a day. This is before any division and multiplication for members.

At the moment, based off the examples Robe has provided, the increments aren't going up by the year, but by the HOUR. I think Admin has forgotten some division somewhere or some decimal places on the multiplications as the incremental increases are going up far faster than indicated.

This is an issue for all alliances, no matter how big they are.

I don't think anyone is complaining (too much) about the prices going up, we probably expected it, I know I did, but what is described in the update notes and what is in effect ingame are two different things.

Though one thing I rather confused about is the assumption that an 'older' alliance can afford something more. To me, it is more cost effective now to reform the alliance every time the year ticks over.
Spoiler
Initial masser on Field Marshal's 120t defence and on Rodwolf's 177t defence.

The forces of Rodwolf fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 178,947,245,996,720 damage on Tekki's forces!

The forces of Rodwolf fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 3 damage on Tekki's forces!
Jedi~Tank wrote:@ADMINS- ALL ADMINS, this is the absolute worst game forum I have ever seen (this sentiment is shared by many) It is amazing how ya;ll can go from good job to complete garbage in no time at all.

Jedi~Tank
A sentiment I can agree with, except some of them have never done a good job. For further details, PM me INGAME Id 9095.
---
Spoiler
Image Image
Image Image
Robe
Aussie Icon
Race: Vampyre
ID: 14876

Honours and Awards

Exactly right Tekki.

These are the screen shots taken from our Command Centre that I have been sharing over the past few days.

They show that the exponential increase in the cost of Alliance Gifts is much more rapid than advertised
and therefore in need of urgent review and resetting.

First

Second

Third

Fourth
Buck wrote:The Great and Complex GateWars Novel!
The Forces of Light... Robe, The Novels Main Protagonist, The Polar opposite of EtL... Or is she?
Are they that different? There battles have encompassed entire careers and lives within the game, the most bitter and epic of enemies, neither will leave while the other stands... the ultimate climax, will it ever come?
Who knows. One things for sure, the Freedom Fighter is in it for the long haul, its in her head now,
and she must save the world or die trying.
2011 Descensions
ImageImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
2010 Descensions
Spoiler
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

Actual calculation seems to be off, indeed. Apologies where I implied you were wrong, Robe.
Still think the costs should be pretty high, but I can see how these current increases would be a mathematical error.
Norbe
Forum Elder
Alliance: TÅ Åtlantis Expedition
ID: 37481

Just found out and I don't like this one bit.

Any update that discourages teamwork is silly, as it will ultimately lower the amount that people login. The alliance weapon repair and PPT updates meant that alliance organised round-the-clock watches, keeping people online. And if there are people online then it encourages others to login, chat and play the game. It made the game worth playing and wars enjoyable and challenging. With alliance gifts now being so expensive that alliances cannot even afford to do one weapon repair or PPT completely goes against that. If they are there, make them useable to some extent.

~Norbe~
Albert Einstein:"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
Master Splinter:"The moral high ground...the best place to sight your artillery"
Lithium
Forum Zombie
Alliance: The Pirate's Panties
Race: Pirate

actually Norbe u kinda wrong in my opinion.

repairs and ppt jsut gives the option of saving stats using log watchers , duno where is the fun of massing in that when one repairs till the def is high enough to gives big loses to the striker and when def gets low then 1-2 hrs ppt saves that day. Probably 95% of the active players wont have more then a 3-4 hr session online waiting till log watchers arent checking so they ll slit massing and here the counter attack kicks them hard. so u just need a few online to handle a war threat. where is the activity ? the ability to counter whose striking ? where just 1-2 players of a 30 player allaince can handle it without not striking back.

regarding PPT/Repair features in my opinion those should be removed , none should have his account saved without owner input, alliance cooperation can only save one by forcing the striker to retreat , by forcing him with force not god gifts.

Its a WAR game , behave as a fighter.
Previously on GateWars Forum
The orgin of Guild
Spoiler
Lithium wrote:he was talkin bout me and remembering the days i was massing him wit one finger ;)
Guild wrote:is that the same finger you stick up your bum ? :smt060
Lithium wrote:no its the one who gave u life ;)
Field Marshall wrote:Lith put his finger up his bum and Guild arrived? :smt017
I wish that was genuinely true :)
Lithium wrote:oooo why there isnt any emo for this one , id have dropped of chair dead :smt042
MajorLeeHurts wrote:
Lithium wrote:oooo why there isnt any emo for this one , id have dropped of chair dead :smt042
Agreed that was the funnies **Filtered** ive read here!
Im sure JT is enjoying this thread , if he isnt hes in a coma !
Feedback Me
http://stargatewars.herebegames.com/vie ... 8&t=101259
Iƒrit
Forum Addict
Race: System Lord
ID: 22479
Alternate name(s): Hansel, Nighthawk

Iƒrit wrote:
3) The cost of alliance gifts (ppt/repair/bank) is multiplied by members/5 (twice), It also doubles the base cost each year (in increments...not all at once.) And alliance repair doubled ontop of that.

Everything but repairs

Code: Select all

x= # of members y= # of years
2(x/5)(2^y)

Repair Functions

2[2(x/5)(2^y)]

assume # of members is 30
assume # of years is 1

Everything but repairs= 2(30/5)(2^1)=24
Repair Functions= 2[24]=48

assume # of years is 2

Everything but repairs= 2(30/5)(2^2)=48
Repair Functions= 2[48]=96

assume # of years is 3

Everything but repairs= 2(30/5)(2^3)=96
Repair Functions= 2[96]=192

and gifts don't even seem to be aligned to what you said the cost was, seems to be way above that....
alliance is 1002 days old

1002/365 = 2.74 with 52054794 as the repeating
will round to the next whole number for sake of easiness

members are 45 (rounded for easiness)

2(x/5)(2^y)
Everything but repairs= 2(45/5)(2^3)=144
Repair Functions= 2[144]=288

not sure if everything is accurate, or not but from checking according to how I understand it, it seems to be WAY off!!
Actual costs are...
PPT= 910b+
Bank increase= 610b-ish
Repair all= 610b-ish
Repair defense weapons= 450b+

posted this back on page 10 :P

Return to “Discussion on Enhancements (ones already released)”