US congressman wants Iraq to repay US for war cost.

Ashu
Michael Westen
Alliance: TAF
Race: Human
ID: 81691

Honours and Awards

US congressman wants Iraq to repay US for war cost.

Bias Admin colour
EbilCC
Forum Addict
ID: 0

Re: US congressman wants Iraq to repay US for war cost.

they should lol :smt042

SJ MENTAL "I have no idea why they would ban you cc you add so much to the community at large"

[9:28:51 PM] robert_paul97: cc is the best

Teesdale: ive been farming all day and havent repaired MS
so CCs little cant blew through my shields (worry)
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

Hail the conquering heroes.

*chuckles*
MEZZANINE
Forum Addict
Alliance: Forgotten Serenity
Race: System Lord
ID: 81691

They are already paying by selling us oil, reducing the oil prices by making more available on the market and spending the money paying us to rebuild what we destroyed. The oil revenues of Iraq already go into western economies just by indirect routes.

Reasons for the war

1) To install a friendly government we could trade with because we need their natural resources and cant legally take them.

2) To show off and sell advanced weaponry to our allies, wars make the greatest adverts and create demand in the arms trade.

3) To make an example of a hostile nation so others will trade with us and make the changes to their countries needed for us trade with them without appeared immoral in the media.

Remember Versailles, impoverishing a beaten enemy by taxing them for the cost of beating them leaves them with nothing to lose, they will rise up and fight again. To subdue an enemy you must ensure they always have something to lose, something they dont want to lose, make peace even subduction more attractive than fighting.

Spoiler
Attack Mercs Killed (30) 459,329,001
Defence Mercs Killed (10) 2,918,478,517
Attack Soldiers Killed(60) 12,677,958
Defence Soldiers Killed(20) 226,236,488
Attack Super Soldiers Killed(300) 490,627,262
Defence Super Soldiers Killed(100) 4,131,482,551
Spies Killed(50) 4,256,505,842
Spy Killers Killed(50) 651,022,448
Mothership Weapons Destroyed(300) 35,583,034
Mothership Shields Destroyed(300) 39,498,511
Mothership Fleets Destroyed(200) 2,413,254
Planet Defences Destroyed(300) 358,539
Planets Taken(5000) 411
Naquadah Stolen(0.0001) 2,355,738,435,154,805
Untrained Kidnapped(50) 5,943,886,456
Weapon Points Destroyed (Sab+Att)(0.0001) 74,293,522,376,607
Attack Turns Used(1) 1,731,971
Juliette
Verified
The Queen

Heh, Germany was a LOT more economically and industrially capable by the end of WWI as Iraq has been in it's long history. ;) Even if they rise up, they wouldn't pose a threat to anyone, really. :-D
But your point stands, and is fair. Besides.. the USA spent WAY more than they had to..
[KMA]Avenger
Forum Zombie
Location: Borehamwood Elstree, England, 2 mins from George Lucas Studios.

LOL!

Infinite Love Is the Only Truth: Everything Else Is Illusion.

-David Icke
Kit-Fox
Forum Elite
Race: Tollan

Removed
Last edited by Kit-Fox on Mon Nov 14, 2011 3:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The river tells no lies, yet standing at its shores the dishonest man still hears them

If you dont like what I post, then tough. Either dont read it or dont bother replying to it.
Psyko
The Irresistible

I don't think Iraq should pay...I think Bush should. It was all his **Filtered** fault anyway.
愛美
Section Admin of
General and the GC
Loki™
Forum Elder
Alliance: Jötunheim
ID: 41339
Alternate name(s): Lloth, Sargonnas, D4ywalk3r

Psyko wrote:I don't think Iraq should pay...I think Bush should. It was all his **Filtered** fault anyway.

Don't you think it's naive to blame one man for all this crap? Sure he made lots of mistakes but you shouldn't say "It was all his fault! He is bad man". He was a man that just had bigger decisions to make than most ever will and he handled them worse than he could have.
Spoiler

And Loki saw every thing that he had farmed, and, behold, it was very good.
Spoiler
George Hazard says:
thats what happens, HVE takes your soul and gives you an awesome high
when you leave, you can't live without it
ImageImage

The forces of Loki™ rush in full force, and inflict 1,086,054,534,340,000 damage on Pooop's forces!
It was confirmed that 12,620,737 of Pooop's forces fell at the hands of Loki™'s assult.

The forces of Pooop fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 481,837,854,506,000 damage on Loki™'s forces!
They managed to eradicate 1,988,050 of Loki™'s troops.
Z E R O
Forum Addict
Race: NanoTiMaster
ID: 1918344
Alternate name(s): Hymir

"The Article requested is no longer available"

Another source? I can't seem to read the article.
Last edited by Z E R O on Sun Oct 02, 2011 6:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Z E R O - Jötunheim - 1907332 - UnKnown of the TOLAH
*Zero - 1991093
Spoiler
Psyko
The Irresistible

Loki™ wrote:
Psyko wrote:I don't think Iraq should pay...I think Bush should. It was all his **Filtered** fault anyway.

Don't you think it's naive to blame one man for all this crap? Sure he made lots of mistakes but you shouldn't say "It was all his fault! He is bad man". He was a man that just had bigger decisions to make than most ever will and he handled them worse than he could have.

I don't blame Bush for everything that happened. There were inter-agency communication mistakes, and millions of other problems during his time in office. Also, there is now President Obama. What I blame Bush for is moving our troops into Iraq before we had completely handled Afghanistan. For spreading our troops, and our resources, rather thin across the Middle East.

I supported taking action against those who attacked the United States on 9-11, but I did not support the move into Iraq because I felt it was premature, the intel had not been verified, and it looked like a vendetta Bush had against Hussein. As soon as we moved into Iraq, Afghanistan was basically forgotten and our hunt for Al-Qaeda was put on the back burner for "taking out a tyrant". I'm not saying it shouldn't have happened, but it should have been done better.

He's a former US President, which means he still has a 6-figure salary each year for the rest of his life. I understand compensating a President after they have served for the country, but if said former President is rich on his own money, he doesn't need the nearly $200,000/yr that the government is paying him in non-taxable income. He should give that back to the United States anyway, but I would want it to go toward paying off the war debt.

I believe my previous post was written in haste before a meeting, and I forgot to return and edit it with further information explaining my position.
愛美
Section Admin of
General and the GC
Lithium
Forum Zombie
Alliance: The Pirate's Panties
Race: Pirate

its a new policy to promote.

if u dont mess wit us u ll pay for not doing it:)
Previously on GateWars Forum
The orgin of Guild
Spoiler
Lithium wrote:he was talkin bout me and remembering the days i was massing him wit one finger ;)
Guild wrote:is that the same finger you stick up your bum ? :smt060
Lithium wrote:no its the one who gave u life ;)
Field Marshall wrote:Lith put his finger up his bum and Guild arrived? :smt017
I wish that was genuinely true :)
Lithium wrote:oooo why there isnt any emo for this one , id have dropped of chair dead :smt042
MajorLeeHurts wrote:
Lithium wrote:oooo why there isnt any emo for this one , id have dropped of chair dead :smt042
Agreed that was the funnies **Filtered** ive read here!
Im sure JT is enjoying this thread , if he isnt hes in a coma !
Feedback Me
http://stargatewars.herebegames.com/vie ... 8&t=101259
Juliette
Verified
The Queen

Psyko
The Irresistible

愛美
Section Admin of
General and the GC
Loki™
Forum Elder
ID: 41339
Alternate name(s): Lloth, Sargonnas, D4ywalk3r

Psyko wrote:
Loki™ wrote:

I don't blame Bush for everything that happened. There were inter-agency communication mistakes, and millions of other problems during his time in office. Also, there is now President Obama. What I blame Bush for is moving our troops into Iraq before we had completely handled Afghanistan. For spreading our troops, and our resources, rather thin across the Middle East.

I supported taking action against those who attacked the United States on 9-11, but I did not support the move into Iraq because I felt it was premature, the intel had not been verified, and it looked like a vendetta Bush had against Hussein. As soon as we moved into Iraq, Afghanistan was basically forgotten and our hunt for Al-Qaeda was put on the back burner for "taking out a tyrant". I'm not saying it shouldn't have happened, but it should have been done better.

He's a former US President, which means he still has a 6-figure salary each year for the rest of his life. I understand compensating a President after they have served for the country, but if said former President is rich on his own money, he doesn't need the nearly $200,000/yr that the government is paying him in non-taxable income. He should give that back to the United States anyway, but I would want it to go toward paying off the war debt.

I believe my previous post was written in haste before a meeting, and I forgot to return and edit it with further information explaining my position.

:smt023 I'm annoyed every time I see an ignorant american who blames everything on bush (like he 'cause every problem in the US) but it seems you arent one of them after all.
Spoiler

And Loki saw every thing that he had farmed, and, behold, it was very good.
Spoiler
George Hazard says:
thats what happens, HVE takes your soul and gives you an awesome high
when you leave, you can't live without it
ImageImage

The forces of Loki™ rush in full force, and inflict 1,086,054,534,340,000 damage on Pooop's forces!
It was confirmed that 12,620,737 of Pooop's forces fell at the hands of Loki™'s assult.

The forces of Pooop fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 481,837,854,506,000 damage on Loki™'s forces!
They managed to eradicate 1,988,050 of Loki™'s troops.

Return to “General intelligent discussion topics”