this forum is NOT Moderated at all these days

Want to address a Forum Mod directly? Here you go...
If you want a SPECIFIC mod, use PM, but for any mod, this is the quickest place...
Psyko
The Irresistible
ID: 0

Re: this forum is NOT Moderated at all these days

Can't we all just get along? :?

We can't? Oh. #-o Then can we at least all agree that everyone has problems with other people on the forum and if you can't stand another member, don't talk to them or respond to their posts.

I mean, do we really need to have a Foe button for people to be adults and simply avoid someone they do not like? If that is the case, I really wonder how they get through RL with people they can't stand not being hidden by a special button.

As to the original topic of this thread. I do my job. Sometimes it involves closing reports for posts that don't actually break the rules, sometimes what has been reported is borderline, and sometimes I have to whip out the handy-dandy Warn User button. It happens. It may not happen as frequently as it used to, but it is still a necessary job. There were almost 350 reports in a one month time frame. To me, that says the forum does need to be moderated.
愛美
Section Admin of
General and the GC
Legendary Apophis
Forum History
Alliance: Generations
Race: System Lord
ID: 7889
Alternate name(s): Apophis the Great

MajorLeeHurts wrote:On topic... soon enough all that will be left on this forum is mods and they can "NOT" moderate themselves till :smt078 .

Oh please... *facepalm*

This forum isn't one's playground, I don't always agree with mods actions, and sometimes it's maybe requiring a thread in proper sections, with proper arguments (nothing like "omg bias mods all around", "mods are evil corporation"...; sure they don't always have outcome one expects, I know) but heck...this place isn't meant to satisfy one's expectations completely. For simple reason people have different views, and as a matter of fact, there will ALWAYS be complaints/disagreeings because one's perfection is another's crappiness. This doesn't mean that because *you* and some others are not happy means *everyone* thinks same (which you obviously implied in your post, and that, is *wrong*). That was the case in past since the early days of forums, one group satisfied, another annoyed, and many neither satisfied nor annoyed and so on...There will always be unhappy people, that's the same everywhere, thing which matters is, why (a why with arguments, of course).

Not to mention that in many forums, mods either rarely bother to moderate, or they are 100x more strict than here..
Spoiler

Incarnate - LG - LG1 - LG2 - LG3 - LG4 - AG - EAG ~ AGoL - Completed
Spoiler
<Dmonix> Damnit Jim how come every conversation with you always ends up discussing something deep and meaningful?
<Dmonix> We always end up discussing male/female differences or politics or football
<Dmonix> All the really important issues in life
MajorLeeHurts
Major Pain

This post was made by Legendary Apophis who is currently on your ignore list. Display this post.

Ive got a couple on my foe list and contrary to your opinion Psyco It has made it more enjoyable to have that option ...

and Clarkey you can still block me :-D

Keep ignoring the users complaints and such and reap what you sow , just sayen...
Last edited by MajorLeeHurts on Fri Aug 12, 2011 3:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kaboomer wrote: "Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for. "
Psyko
The Irresistible

MajorLeeHurts wrote:Ive got a couple on my foe list and contrary to your opinion Psyco It has made it more enjoyable to have that option ...

I'm not saying having that option doesn't make it more enjoyable. I have used such a button on other forums. But I have also been able to have just as enjoyable a time by ignoring people on my own (without use of the button).

Regardless of any personal feelings I have toward people, I try to keep myself civil in public or I ignore their posts. It's not as difficult as some might think and I think more people on this forum should try it.

TL;DR? You can't Foe a Mod. Ignore him/her on your own or live with it.
愛美
Section Admin of
General and the GC
Mordack
The Spider
ID: 8500

Honours and Awards

I agree with whoever said the forum is over moderated. I can't be bothered to check, but I suspect it was Replimagni. He's usually the voice of reason. Great guy. Let's clone him, or force him to breed.

Anyway, yes. GC. There is disclaimer there, believe it or not. The rules in the GC are relaxed. There's some scope there to be a little silly, a little spammy, and a little sarcastic. It makes war threads more fun. All's far in love and war, and all that. Some of you use the report function like you're married to it. Get a life, I say.
"I bet you thought you'd seen the last of me.."

(TB)
Jack
Evil Reincarnated
Alliance: The Empire
Race: Dragonborn
ID: 6475

Psyko wrote:I'm not saying having that option doesn't make it more enjoyable. I have used such a button on other forums. But I have also been able to have just as enjoyable a time by ignoring people on my own (without use of the button).

True story^
Ya'll acting like you know what monster is
Me have 25 years in the monster biz
All monsters think you can fuss with this
Well you can talk to me Snuffleupagus
Me sneak into your house, me leave before dawn
Your daughters will be pregnant and your cookies will be gone
Malx wrote:Make kids not cancer!
ƒëmmë ƒatalë
Fragment o' Forum
Race: SL temptress
ID: 38112
Alternate name(s): cleo_catra
temptress
seraphim

dont know who is responsible for the alliance/officer/co recruiting area but that sure needs a clean up of old threads 8-[
When I despair, I remember that all through history the ways of truth and love have always won.
There have been tyrants, and murderers, and for a time they can seem invincible, but in the end they always fall.
Think of it--always
Mahatma Gandhi
sixty five kills on Ascended ;)
The Forum Rules
Mods and their sections
Psyko
The Irresistible

ƒëmmë ƒatalë wrote:dont know who is responsible for the alliance/officer/co recruiting area but that sure needs a clean up of old threads 8-[

You don't? Pretty sure it says who is responsible on the Board Index.

I wasn't aware that a clean up was needed. I'll check it out.
愛美
Section Admin of
General and the GC
Clarkey
Multi Hunter

Honours and Awards

MajorLeeHurts wrote:This post was made by Legendary Apophis who is currently on your ignore list. Display this post.

Ive got a couple on my foe list and contrary to your opinion Psyco It has made it more enjoyable to have that option ...
Yay congrats =D> . I bet you peaked at it though. :-$ There's many things that will make this more enjoyable for people on this forum, such as some users going away would make this place enjoyable for some Mods, but alas we get on with it because we still have our dreams. Some people reducing their over reporting would make it more enjoyable for mods, but alas we get on with it.

MajorLeeHurts wrote:and Clarkey you can still block me :-D

Keep ignoring the users complaints and such and reap what you sow , just sayen...
Why would I block you? Are you implying that I am annoyed reading your posts all the time? On the contrary, I enjoy reading your dribble. This thread has made me laugh on occasion. :smt047 So thank you for this short entertainment. Oh and i don't believe any Mod should foe a user because then they cannot perform their role 100%. The only reason a Mod should foe a user is if that user was seriously harassing them, but if it had got to that point then the user probably would have got in trouble by then.

P.S. The foe list doesn't prevent people sending PM's. :smt047

Mordack wrote:I agree with whoever said the forum is over moderated. I can't be bothered to check, but I suspect it was Replimagni. He's usually the voice of reason. Great guy. Let's clone him, or force him to breed.
Yup, and that's the thing with people, lots of different opinions. Some think this places is not moderated at all (which is clearly an over exaggeration on this forum) and some people think this place is over moderated in some areas.

I must admit I have myself over moderated on occasion, Juliette is witness to that. :smt047 But still, the job of moderation is being done, that is not deniable.
Image ImageImageImage
Legendary Apophis
Forum History
Alliance: Generations
Race: System Lord
ID: 7889
Alternate name(s): Apophis the Great

MajorLeeHurts wrote:This post was made by Legendary Apophis who is currently on your ignore list. Display this post.

LOL. Couldn't handle the rational answers I provided in the forum issues threads I guess lol?
Yes, not everyone thinks this forum will soon be "only mods" or that mods are a "biased corporation fuelled by power and corruption". :smt107 :o
Spoiler

Incarnate - LG - LG1 - LG2 - LG3 - LG4 - AG - EAG ~ AGoL - Completed
Spoiler
<Dmonix> Damnit Jim how come every conversation with you always ends up discussing something deep and meaningful?
<Dmonix> We always end up discussing male/female differences or politics or football
<Dmonix> All the really important issues in life
Psyko
The Irresistible

Legendary Apophis wrote:

LOL. Couldn't handle the rational answers I provided in the forum issues threads I guess lol?
Yes, not everyone thinks this forum will soon be "only mods" or that mods are a "biased corporation fuelled by power and corruption". :smt107 :o

As long as I'm around as a Mod, the "biased corporation fueled by power and corruption" will never happen. I like being Switzerland too much. :smt019
愛美
Section Admin of
General and the GC
Clarkey
Multi Hunter

Honours and Awards

This thread is about whether the forum is being moderated or not. It is not about silly issues from the past and it is certainly not about you MLH.
Image ImageImageImage
Guild
Forum Addict
Alliance: Retiring
Race: Draeden
ID: 1916018
Location: writing a booklet so people understand my humour :D

clarkey... :-$
Retired but still on a rampage
Spoiler
Rudy Peña wrote:Yea, OE is the the next FS in terms of snipers. We proud ourselves on it to the point we give out awards and see who can mass the most with a 0 def.
Drahazar wrote:Im happy to snipe anyone i want, why should i build any defences for you people
George Hazard wrote:FM is like a rite of passage for alliances.
You haven't truly made it to manhood until you've slept with the town prostitute.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
jedi~tank
Forum Zombie

Tetrismonkey wrote:I think there needs to be more transparency. SS for Admin please. Maybe EMP to...

Yea more transparency = even more crapola for gossip and assinine insinuations to go around.

"What I want to see is a tight knit group not a collection of people pulling in different directions"
Deni
Clarkey
Multi Hunter

Honours and Awards

Jedi~Tank wrote:
Tetrismonkey wrote:I think there needs to be more transparency. SS for Admin please. Maybe EMP to...

Yea more transparency = even more crapola for gossip and assinine insinuations to go around.

Lets face facts, there are certain people on this forum that will never be happy with anything on this forum. Yet those people continue to visit. #-o
Image ImageImageImage

Return to “Talk to the Mods Direct”