Ombudsman's Discussion!

Ombudsman Case Archives
Duderanch
Internet Hero
Alliance: MaYHeM
Race: Ancient
ID: 58491

Ombudsman's Discussion!

RepliMagni wrote:And I think the ombudsman was spot on in rescinding what was at best a pedantic warning ;)

Keep up the good work :smt050

Last i checked, Oms doesn't have the power to rescind anything. The only people that remove warnings are admins.
The trade broker reports trade from Surtr to *Teesdale_ of 100,000,000 Naq for 33,000,000,000,000 Naq is complete.

Barbara! says: haha ok you can have a piece of my soul for 50bil naq

Skype= dan_P_@msn.com
Teesdale
[21:06:02] Jake/Tees: does black market work in there?
[21:06:18] robert: nah
[21:06:24] robert: uu go in miners
[21:06:24] Duderanch: Yeah Ben said did but can't untrin miners so no point
[21:06:37] Jake/Tees: sweet, so methlad not be able to fight back :D
[21:06:46] Jake/Tees: EADC
Naq sold in 2017 - 21q
~wolverine~
Forum Addict
ID: 0

Re: Ombudsman's Feedback

Tetrismonkey wrote: Guess 5 minutes of work is to much for the current Administration to bother with. I'm glad thats been sorted out.

lol, i hope clarkey goes up soon, the look on your face would be hilarious, plus clarkey is a legend lool
Bazsy
The Elder Admin
Alliance: -
Race: -

Honours and Awards

About this whole "The rules are not clear enough" issue: I had a lot of time thinking on this in the last for years and I can only share the sum of what I got at the end:

1. This forum has much clearer and longer explained rules than most of the similar forums.
2. Trying to make a clear rule-set for the forums would lead to rules as complex as laws in a country. This means we would need lawyers who understand the whole rule-system and even then would we have cases when the rules are not clear enough, so we would need judges and advocates as well and there would be lawsuits just as in real life.

The basic problem is this: If you try to improve a rule by making it more clear (and longer), you will end up having a more complicated system with even more issues.

The ideal rule-set would be something like: "Use your common sense", but that would leave too much for the mods to decide. The current complexity of our rules are trying to find a balance between protecting the system from misinterpretation on the mods side while trying to keep it easy to follow by the users. I personally think that even now we are on the extreme edge of the optimal balance on the too complex side. This were achieved by following request to make the rules more clear for some years.

Sorry this became a bit long and maybe not easy to follow but its late today :)
Psyko
The Irresistible

Tetrismonkey wrote:
Bazsy wrote:About this whole "The rules are not clear enough" issue: I had a lot of time thinking on this in the last for years and I can only share the sum of what I got at the end:

1. This forum has much clearer and longer explained rules than most of the similar forums.
2. Trying to make a clear rule-set for the forums would lead to rules as complex as laws in a country. This means we would need lawyers who understand the whole rule-system and even then would we have cases when the rules are not clear enough, so we would need judges and advocates as well and there would be lawsuits just as in real life.

The basic problem is this: If you try to improve a rule by making it more clear (and longer), you will end up having a more complicated system with even more issues.

The ideal rule-set would be something like: "Use your common sense", but that would leave too much for the mods to decide. The current complexity of our rules are trying to find a balance between protecting the system from misinterpretation on the mods side while trying to keep it easy to follow by the users. I personally think that even now we are on the extreme edge of the optimal balance on the too complex side. This were achieved by following request to make the rules more clear for some years.

Sorry this became a bit long and maybe not easy to follow but its late today :)

Thanks Baz. I'n compelled to agree with you. What about becomming more leinent on the rules? Stop making things so hardcore and back off? That I personally wouldn't have a problem with.

Leniency is more of a personal thing than anything. The Admin can't tell the Mods, "So these are the rules, but be a little lenient when enforcing them, okay." It doesn't work like that. It is up to the Mod to decide how lenient they should be in regards to the rules, and if they are too strict, then the community can start a thread in Ask the Mods or send a PM to simply ask, "Hey, can you ease up a little?" Most of us try to determine the right course of action (and any leniency) based upon the situation, the user, and the reaction to the post.

Of course, if we are perceived to be too lenient to the same people, we're biased. If we were more strict with the rules, I'm sure there would be a little less "BIAS" accusations running around.
愛美
Section Admin of
General and the GC
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

Re: Ombudsman's Discussion!

And this is where it's at. ;)
Duderanch wrote:Last i checked, Oms doesn't have the power to rescind anything. The only people that remove warnings are admins.

Return to “Case Archives”