Moderators shud punish faster/harder

for FORUM issues, complaints, requests, bugs, etc - - not game related...
Ercury
Fledgling Forumer
ID: 0

Moderators shud punish faster/harder

As the title say's

I've been reading the forums from the early day's and all I can say is ...

Forum didn't change 1 bit seeing their still people throwing oil on the flames aka
escalating a discussion

or simply badmouthing someone else hence no respect for eachother at forums at all
let stand on the field.

So for moderators been soft on those exact posts , posts with only 1 or 2 words
It's funny cus a post u make shud be longer intresting and amussing in right sections to read

Moderators shud punish harder when they see fit , since this is also importaint for newer people the join a community without people that are rude it's a more civil place to be.

And topic's , people start a discussion 5 post laters its allready not on topic

This is my reqeust as user , more serieuslyness :)
RoKeT
Forum Zombie
Race: The King Jaffa

Re: Moderators shud punish faster/harder

Moderators shud punish harder when they see fit , since this is also importaint for newer people the join a community without people that are rude it's a more civil place to be.

So if it's "when we see fit" then why are you saying they don't do it enough... Does that not Contradict everything... Because it's an obvious we are punishing the way we feel we should be...
Ex Mod
Looking for an Account?
Spoiler
I can find you one...
21 Accounts sold to Date
Spoiler
Ercury
Fledgling Forumer

RoKeT wrote:Moderators shud punish harder when they see fit , since this is also importaint for newer people the join a community without people that are rude it's a more civil place to be.

So if it's "when we see fit" then why are you saying they don't do it enough... Does that not Contradict everything... Because it's an obvious we are punishing the way we feel we should be...

Well Roket , I never sed they don't do it enough.

I'm sure u don't like to read a post with 2 words cus thats not even a post.
As of punishing the way "we" feel well at that setence I have to say is this

... u never ended the last line you've sed so I'm about confused with the ending of ur post "..."
RoKeT
Forum Zombie

Ercury wrote:
RoKeT wrote:Moderators shud punish harder when they see fit , since this is also importaint for newer people the join a community without people that are rude it's a more civil place to be.

Well Roket , I never sed they don't do it enough.

I'm sure u don't like to read a post with 2 words cus thats not even a post.
As of punishing the way "we" feel well at that setence I have to say is this

... u never ended the last line you've sed so I'm about confused with the ending of ur post "..."

2 word posts are very understandable...

If we were to warn everyone who did "2 word posts" we'd have to warn the ones who say "Good Luck" in the GC... Which wouldn't make sense... or what about a question with a Poll... and all they replied with was "yes or no" Neither are IMO... We used to have BAD forum mod's WAY WAY WAY to strict, People complained... So now we have more lenient mod's one's that can have fun and spam with the community... but now that isn't good enough... Now you say you want it strict again... lol I can tell you... that if these forums go back to the garbage Nazi like tendencies we had... none of us would be here still again this is all my opinion... so means little and sorry I don't know what you mean by editing my first post I'm hard to understand I guess sometimes but it's pretty easy to understand to me so let me know and I'll gladly try to edit it and make it clearer lol :-D
Ex Mod
Looking for an Account?
Spoiler
I can find you one...
21 Accounts sold to Date
Spoiler
Ercury
Fledgling Forumer

Well , I'll put up an example of something

viewtopic.php?f=101&t=186029&start=30

Page 3

U'll see 1 post of me versus 2 posts just to badmouth

While a person like that shud know better seeing hes here for quit some time
RoKeT
Forum Zombie

Did you report it? I don't want to have private discussions we are messaging lol but when I clicked report to see if anyone did and it let me so I would assume no one reported said posts... Although I do agree some was a bit far and should be talked to, Warning... Meh I personally don't like to use warnings and would try not to unless the user blaitenly spit in my face after I spoke to them about said issue... but something like that I wouldn't warn for just Talk and tell them to keep on topic... Again each mod is a different person different people handle different things right now...
Ex Mod
Looking for an Account?
Spoiler
I can find you one...
21 Accounts sold to Date
Spoiler
Ercury
Fledgling Forumer

Agreed , I didn't reported it Roket.

I shud have , but isn't it abit strange that a moderator posted at the exact same page and missed those posts as a moderator shud have seen that it was incorrect what he posted.

We can talk all night , but what I think is that moderators shud punish people harder if the people are longer on the forums than a year the "join date" stands on the account so people using the account should know all allong that rules are to be obeyed.

As of people complaining about moderators being to picky , I dissagree

cus as far as I know users have no freedom on speech on a public forum hence thats why they clicked the agree button on the terms of registration !
Clarkey
Multi Hunter

Honours and Awards

In my opinion the "dummie" post is not warnable really, but at the same time is not relevant to the thread in question and should be dumped from the thread.

As for the Mod that posted after the post in question he may not have even seen it. Don't forget there are many more than one moderator for that section. We have the report function for users to assist in highlighting such issues. We always recommend people use that rather than leave it for moderators to find on their own.

As for people complaining about moderators being too picky, well i don't think they do complain about that, but many have about moderators apparently being too harsh.
Image ImageImageImage
RoKeT
Forum Zombie

Edit Clarkey answered as I was typing and I'll be damned if I wasted all that time :smt019

Again I see no one answering and I"m on so I'll try and help (prob making it worse :-" )

To answer your first one

I have not looked up either way so I can't tell you if it is or not... but two things

1. Are either of the mod's that posted there for General? (Mod's can not edit unless it is there section)

2. I honestly think I"m on the forums more then ANYONE sorry... Challenge me I dare you... Any of you :P, but seriously... I don't read every post not even half... and I'm on here A LOT... Mod's do NOT get payed for what they do, and are not required to read all posts... there for when a post is reported we get a little "!" by said topic That way we know to review and make decisions... but if not Reported half the time I don't even check my section :-"

now for your other thing...

(Users that are less then a year)

I have a multi that is less then a year old...
it is not hard to Multi on the forum Infact... Cole/ LA/ whatever the hell his other multi's are... has ton's of them... all with to many posts might I add... LMAO but seriously.... your allowed to multi on forums so having a "set time to change strictness" would never ever work
Ex Mod
Looking for an Account?
Spoiler
I can find you one...
21 Accounts sold to Date
Spoiler
Ercury
Fledgling Forumer

Clarkey wrote:In my opinion the "dummie" post is not warnable really, but at the same time is not relevant to the thread in question and should be dumped from the thread.

As for the Mod that posted after the post in question he may not have even seen it. Don't forget there are many more than one moderator for that section. We have the report function for users to assist in highlighting such issues. We always recommend people use that rather than leave it for moderators to find on their own.

As for people complaining about moderators being too picky, well i don't think they do complain about that, but many have about moderators apparently being too harsh.

Theirs nothing harsh about a moderator doing it's verry job mented to be.

I'm a person that likes to debate , if InR still has crunches on me from something that happend 2 years ago he shud have ignored me witch he has fully right to instead of calling me a "dummie"

Witch is in a way offending , maybe not in a moderators eyes ofcource.

But how many off-topic's are their , 75% of the whole cummunity I'm sure.

And people shouldn't be upset about warnings/and punishments

thet signed , they shud keep to what they sign

but nobody reads it anymore.

But i do think people should be punished faster of they are longer than 1 year on the forums.
thats my reqeust.
Ercury
Fledgling Forumer

Readed you're post to late Roket

Multing on the forums , year well point taken and ur right.

but their must be a way for harder punishments for som posts that doesn't belong on a forum.
RoKeT
Forum Zombie

Ercury wrote:Readed you're post to late Roket

but their must be a way for harder punishments for som posts that doesn't belong on a forum.

See So you know just to prove you don't want it the way it was...

you would have just gotten a warning for double posting...
Ex Mod
Looking for an Account?
Spoiler
I can find you one...
21 Accounts sold to Date
Spoiler
Ercury
Fledgling Forumer

RoKeT wrote:
Ercury wrote:Readed you're post to late Roket

See So you know just to prove you don't want it the way it was...

you would have just gotten a warning for double posting...

Would have been a fair warning , and I did be carrefull the next time so no I wouldn't wanted the way it was :)
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

Ercury wrote:As the title say's
I've been reading the forums from the early day's and all I can say is ...
Forum didn't change 1 bit seeing their still people throwing oil on the flames aka
escalating a discussion
or simply badmouthing someone else hence no respect for eachother at forums at all
let stand on the field.
So for moderators been soft on those exact posts , posts with only 1 or 2 words
It's funny cus a post u make shud be longer intresting and amussing in right sections to read
And topic's , people start a discussion 5 post laters its allready not on topic

This is my reqeust as user , more serieuslyness :)
Yes. I know what you mean. Our current modus operandi is mainly aimed at placating the egos of forum members who could definitely use a smackdown. However, the changes in the team have led to a more soft manner of handling situations. Gradually. I used to be pretty strict in my days. :P Oh well.
I know what you mean, and understand why you'd say it. I don't think it can be changed now, though.
Ercury
Fledgling Forumer

Sadly ...

thing is , I started at 2006 (old account envy) at the registered user.
have no acces to it anymore since the reqeusting password/email is broken.

I don't blame mods doing their part on this forum hence seeing posts/topic's
coming and go ALLOT of work u guys have for sure.

I give my respect for that hat off , my reqeust would only benefit moderators.
Benefit isn't relly the word by harder punishments would be leading less work
for moderators more structure on these forums.

I mean , users should think the same in this sentence -> If i were a moderator

things would have been diffrently

Return to “Forum Specific Issues/Requests/Bugs (NOT GAME ISSUES)”