questions, comments and feedback for the entities Zeratul

want to publicly say something about the current Forum Mods? The Mod setup? The Rules of the Forum? here you go...
Zeratul
Elder Administrator
Alliance: Lucian Alliance
Race: Templar
ID: 7
Alternate name(s): Hrefna
Reitha

Honours and Awards

questions, comments and feedback for the entities Zeratul

If you got any comments, any feedback, or for that matter any questions (and thrown daggers or spare anvils) for us, this a fair place to reveal it.
It will naturally be answered fairly. (thrown daggers will of course be dealt with fairly as well)
"Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the gods, Browsers shall be changed to carry the internet out amongst the peoples and we will spread Firefox to all the unbelievers. The power of the Firefox will be felt far and wide and the wicked users of IE shall be converted to use the true browsers."

Curious about our color? Feel free to ask...
RoKeT
Forum Zombie
Race: The King Jaffa

Re: questions, comments and feedback for the entities Zeratu

Personally my fav. admin, no offense to the others :smt060, he's good to talk to and helps me when i really need it, also does his best to explain everything he can in Role Play deffinatly good to have on the team IMO :)
Ex Mod
Looking for an Account?
Spoiler
I can find you one...
21 Accounts sold to Date
Spoiler
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

Insane.
Uncooperative.
Hostile.
Annoying.
Evil.

The rest of you are just the opposite.
Ĕɱƿŷ
Hannah Montana Groupie
Alliance: Dead
ID: 911
Alternate name(s): Huxley

Has no backbone, doesn't really deal with situations, almost like you try to let the issue sort itself out without having to intervene. Tends to follow the crowd as well.
Made by Noobert for his Official BFF. (it's true!)
Zeratul
Elder Administrator
Reitha

Honours and Awards

To answer the backbone thing... several of our aspects are not members of the subphylum Vertebrata, thus they do not have a central spinal column.

Anyways, to be more serious. Try looking over things people have tried to get us to do that we do not have any interest in. You'll find it is very hard for anyone to tell us to do such. Or better, try speaking to a few people.

We'd suggest Semper. He's tried to force us to do something some time ago on several occasions. Ask him just how spineless we were and how easily we gave in.

Some situations are best dealt with by giving them time, while others have to be taken down instantly with great force. We are neither as perfect nor as omnipresent as we would wish, so we cannot take care of every situation. That is why the mod team consists of many. (that is the answer to both your last statements.)
"Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the gods, Browsers shall be changed to carry the internet out amongst the peoples and we will spread Firefox to all the unbelievers. The power of the Firefox will be felt far and wide and the wicked users of IE shall be converted to use the true browsers."

Ashu
Michael Westen
Alliance: TAF
Race: Human
ID: 81691

Honours and Awards

*fires AT4 at Zeratul*
Hi.
Friendly Admin there, i like him!
Bias Admin colour
Zeratul
Elder Administrator
Reitha

Honours and Awards

*morphs into Taz*

*eats AT4-projectile*

Yummy!

Ercury
Fledgling Forumer
ID: 0

A good admin , Zeratul your mature same age like me.

And i saw we can ask qeustion to you.
Heres one :)

If you could change something on the forum (without the staffs premission)
what would it be ?
Zeratul
Elder Administrator
Reitha

Honours and Awards

hmm... difficult... but then, after 4 years and 364 days on the mod team, who's to say we haven't already done it?

we'd guess it'd be something fairly nonsensical.

semper
The sharp-tongued devil you can't seem to forget...
Race: God
ID: 0

Since you mentioned me....

Critical Review of Administrator - Zeratul.

Use of Power: Very poor.
[spoiler]Often creates or negates rules for himself or others in a circumstantial nature that involves abusing his administrative powers.

Example One: The false identity of Egeria and how he continually edited others post's to keep this identity hidden, an entirely selfish act that was never carried out for others, nor should it be. This kind of abuse of power is what got Jack removed from GM position for example, coming from an admin I would expect the punishment to be no less harsh.

Example Two: The removal of any and all of my forum 'privileges' for hinting that Deni would be the next admin. Only one of these were given by him (and by that argument they had no right to remove them) and during the escapade I found at least two moderators who had committed 'worse' crimes that were completely ignored by the administrative team (see: Tetrismonkey and Deni).

Example Three: When I overreacted and left the Enmity Role Play he re-identified all my post's even though the RP continued to use the work, my work that they contained.

However he's fair with approaches to banning, i've not often seen a complaint by someone about his use of that aspect of his power and he's a good rewarder for people who are.. 'on his team'. Overall he's definitely one of the worst power abusing forum team members in the history of the game but this abuse has thankfully largely been benign and so it's an area to watch but it's not a serious issue.[/spoiler]
Community Conduct: Good.
[spoiler]Zeratul is positive, he's continually trying to move things forward or create new role plays. He is positive and easy to get along with.
However I can personally account that on one occasion at least he has ignored a situation which has only exasperated things. When I was banned and had my GM powers removed (annoyingly enough this occurred only a week after he asked me not to quit being a GM) I spent nearly a month trying to communicate and talk with the admins before I was answered (by Bazsy) so Zeratul is far from 'excellent' in this category, although he is still good.

This does not make him spineless, merely just shows a level of immaturity or inexperience in my book. Ignoring a problem and hoping it will go away isn't a suitable approach to dealing with a complaint or problem of that nature, nor is punishing someone you just scorned when they act out in retaliation. This is an area for improvement.[/spoiler]

Impact: Mostly Positive.
[spoiler]Doesn't need much expansion. Zeratul has been a large force behind reinvigorating a lot of role play on the forums, he's kept a keen eye on the spam areas which is good and by my reckoning he's received the least complaints personally for an admin i've seen in years except Bazsy.[/spoiler]

Team Conduct: Mostly Positive.
[spoiler]When I was on the team and from seeing inside the teams areas I can say that Zeratul is a good team player although he can be easily roped into a 'group' thought or bullied by a very select few former GM's or mods. This can make his true feelings get pushed aside, eradicated or dampen his impact. Again this isn't him being spineless, more so I think it's an attempt to keep the peace with a team that's proven over the years to be somewhat volatile. He does take feedback, he does listen and he does act on all of this.[/spoiler]

Conclusion: A good administrator, one of the better ones we've had in a few years but has room for improvement.

Room for improvement: Needs to take more insight into the gaming side of the community (specifically main) as, afterall that's what most are here for. Needs to take a more diplomatic approach to issues rather than seeing them as black or white or an opportunity to let someone 'stew' - empathy is important.

Note.
[spoiler]I don't want feedback on my feedback. I've said what I said.. and i'm not going to argue tbh.[/spoiler]
Accolades/Titles:
Spoiler
Started Playing: April 2005
Honours (5): Hall of Fame 2009. Annual Awards Host 2008, 2009, 2013, 2014 and 2015.
Winner (12): RP'er of the Year 2008, Runner Up Poster of the Year 2008, Debater of the Year 2008, War of the Year 2008, Poster of the Year 2009, Alliance of the Year 2009 (Nemesis Sect, Creator), Alliance War of the Year 2009 (Nempire vs Mayhem, Instigator), RP'er Runner Up 2009, Knew You'd Be Back 2010, Conflict of the Decade (FUALL v TF), Conflict of the Decade Runner Up (Ga vs TF), Alliance of the Decade (TDD).
Nominated (8): Writer of the year 2007, Avatar of the Year 2007, Poster of the Year 2007, Villain of the Year 2008, Player Sig 2008, Race Player of the Year 2009, Most Missed 2010, Alliance Leadership 2010, Most Missed 2011.
Commands (3): Supreme System Lord 2008, 2010, 2011 and 2012. System Lord Council 2006 - present. Dark Lord and Emperor of the Nempire 2009 - 2011.
Alliances (9): DDE, EA, OSL, TFUR, DDEII, AI, RM, WoB, Nemesis.
Forum Roles (4): Former Misc GM, Race Mod (Goa'uld), Debate forum patriarch and mod.

Return to “Forum & Mod Feedback”