invalid warning

Want to address a Forum Mod directly? Here you go...
If you want a SPECIFIC mod, use PM, but for any mod, this is the quickest place...
Guild
Forum Addict
Alliance: Retiring
Race: Draeden
ID: 1916018
Location: writing a booklet so people understand my humour :D

invalid warning

[BoT] Jack wrote:The following is a warning which has been issued to you by an administrator or moderator of this site.
This is a warning regarding the following post made by you: viewtopic.php?f=10&p=2386844#p2386844

Spam

i cant see the forum anymore, which makes me curious for one

2. i have an idea which it is but am not sure, it is one where a global announcement was made for a american holiday i merely pointed out, no other country would have this done.

please sort this, with as little crap as possible... :roll:
Retired but still on a rampage
Spoiler
Rudy Peña wrote:Yea, OE is the the next FS in terms of snipers. We proud ourselves on it to the point we give out awards and see who can mass the most with a 0 def.
Drahazar wrote:Im happy to snipe anyone i want, why should i build any defences for you people
George Hazard wrote:FM is like a rite of passage for alliances.
You haven't truly made it to manhood until you've slept with the town prostitute.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Jack
Evil Reincarnated
Alliance: The Empire
Race: Dragonborn
ID: 6475

Re: invalid warning

Your post was offtopic, therefore it was spam. Plain and simple.
Ya'll acting like you know what monster is
Me have 25 years in the monster biz
All monsters think you can fuss with this
Well you can talk to me Snuffleupagus
Me sneak into your house, me leave before dawn
Your daughters will be pregnant and your cookies will be gone
Malx wrote:Make kids not cancer!
RepliMagni
Forum Addict
Alliance: Loner :P
Race: NanoTiMaster
ID: 1908448

[BoT] Jack wrote:Your post was offtopic, therefore it was spam. Plain and simple.

Where is the post in question seeing as it seems to have been moved?

I seem to remember reading it, in which guild expressed surprise at an American holiday being worthy of a global announcement. It was, therefore, on the topic of Thanks Giving.....unless of course one is only allowed to post "happy thanksgiving" in such a thread?
Guild
Forum Addict

RepliMagni wrote:
[BoT] Jack wrote:Your post was offtopic, therefore it was spam. Plain and simple.

Where is the post in question seeing as it seems to have been moved?

I seem to remember reading it, in which guild expressed surprise at an American holiday being worthy of a global announcement. It was, therefore, on the topic of Thanks Giving.....unless of course one is only allowed to post "happy thanksgiving" in such a thread?

what he said ^

i dont think its right only americans are allowed global announcements in regards to their holidays, seems a bit prejudice tbh
Spoiler
Rudy Peña wrote:Yea, OE is the the next FS in terms of snipers. We proud ourselves on it to the point we give out awards and see who can mass the most with a 0 def.
Drahazar wrote:Im happy to snipe anyone i want, why should i build any defences for you people
You haven't truly made it to manhood until you've slept with the town prostitute.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Legendary Apophis
Forum History
Alliance: Generations
Race: System Lord
ID: 7889
Alternate name(s): Apophis the Great

I would agree a global announcement is a bit exaggerated for a holiday which isn't for all (example of an holiday deserving global announcement: Christmas). Unless it was just a T&T announcement, in which case I wouldn't see it as problematic.
Spoiler

Incarnate - LG - LG1 - LG2 - LG3 - LG4 - AG - EAG ~ AGoL - Completed
Spoiler
<Dmonix> Damnit Jim how come every conversation with you always ends up discussing something deep and meaningful?
<Dmonix> We always end up discussing male/female differences or politics or football
<Dmonix> All the really important issues in life
Clarkey
Multi Hunter
ID: 0

Honours and Awards

Legendary Apophis wrote:I would agree a global announcement is a bit exaggerated for a holiday which isn't for all (example of an holiday deserving global announcement: Christmas). Unless it was just a T&T announcement, in which case I wouldn't see it as problematic.
Whilst your opinion has a lot of merit please remember this thread is regarding the "invalid" warning Guild got for spam, not whether a public holiday should be globaled or not. If you wish to comment on anything in here it should be whether his post was spam or not.
Image ImageImageImage
Legendary Apophis
Forum History
Alliance: Generations
Race: System Lord
ID: 7889
Alternate name(s): Apophis the Great

Clarkey wrote:
Legendary Apophis wrote:I would agree a global announcement is a bit exaggerated for a holiday which isn't for all (example of an holiday deserving global announcement: Christmas). Unless it was just a T&T announcement, in which case I wouldn't see it as problematic.
Whilst your opinion has a lot of merit please remember this thread is regarding the "invalid" warning Guild got for spam, not whether a public holiday should be globaled or not. If you wish to comment on anything in here it should be whether his post was spam or not.

My point was, I don't think it was spam (especially going with a warning) if his post just asked why would such a thread be global announcement.
Spoiler

Incarnate - LG - LG1 - LG2 - LG3 - LG4 - AG - EAG ~ AGoL - Completed
Spoiler
<Dmonix> Damnit Jim how come every conversation with you always ends up discussing something deep and meaningful?
<Dmonix> We always end up discussing male/female differences or politics or football
<Dmonix> All the really important issues in life
Clarkey
Multi Hunter

Honours and Awards

It was a harsh action to take, but my opinion on this case has no ground.
Image ImageImageImage
Jack
Evil Reincarnated

They had a already been warned that discussion on holiday threads need to be directed to the appropriate location. They failed to do so, so a warning was issued.
Clarkey
Multi Hunter

Honours and Awards

[BoT] Jack wrote:They had a already been warned that discussion on holiday threads need to be directed to the appropriate location. They failed to do so, so a warning was issued.
Quite understandable then.
Image ImageImageImage
RepliMagni
Forum Addict
Alliance: Loner :P
Race: NanoTiMaster
ID: 1908448

[BoT] Jack wrote:They had a already been warned that discussion on holiday threads need to be directed to the appropriate location. They failed to do so, so a warning was issued.

Why has his post also been removed? Can you copy it here in its entirety please?

You made three posts in that thread, not a single one about Thanksgiving. I made one questioning its validity as a global announcement. Add in Guild's post and the four supposedly on topic, over half that thread, somehow worthy of a global announcement, is offtopic?!

I still fail to see how questioning the validity of the making the thread a global announcement is somehow offtopic?

Is Clarkey's "off-topic" trolling of Tetris here not worse than Guild's post? Clarkey purely questions the validity of the thread and attacks tetris, where is the parity?:
viewtopic.php?f=101&t=188088

Just curious....

EDIT: surprise, surprise, Clarkey has already set about editing what he can ;)
Clarkey
Multi Hunter

Honours and Awards

RepliMagni wrote:

Why has his post also been removed? Can you copy it here in its entirety please?

You made three posts in that thread, not a single one about Thanksgiving. I made one questioning its validity as a global announcement. Add in Guild's post and the four supposedly on topic, over half that thread, somehow worthy of a global announcement, is offtopic?!

I still fail to see how questioning the validity of the making the thread a global announcement is somehow offtopic?

Is Clarkey's "off-topic" trolling of Tetris here not worse than Guild's post? Clarkey purely questions the validity of the thread and attacks tetris, where is the parity?:

Just curious....

EDIT: surprise, surprise, Clarkey has already set about editing what he can ;)
lol you'll notice I edited it ages ago. Don't want people like you crying over spilt milk now do we.

And Jack already told people where to go to discuss whether a thread should be global or not, Guild chose to ignore that request by Jack. Now he cries after shooting himself in the foot.
Image ImageImageImage
Guild
Forum Addict

and yet knowing it was going to cause a problem you went ahead... right good call there mod... #-o

and because of you showing prejudice on this forum which is against the rules, i believe, why should only american holidays be made global announcements ?
Spoiler
Jack
Evil Reincarnated

RepliMagni wrote:Why has his post also been removed? Can you copy it here in its entirety please?

Because it is offtopic. Duh.

RepliMagni wrote:Can you copy it here in its entirety please?

Guild wrote:i hope we intend to make global announcements for all the Uk holidays..french holidays....ukranian...australian....nope thought not..... :-k

RepliMagni wrote:You made three posts in that thread, not a single one about Thanksgiving. I made one questioning its validity as a global announcement.

Mod action: Globalization - thus post
Mod action: Warning to keep on topic - thus post
Mod action: Deglobalization - thus post
;)

RepliMagni wrote:Add in Guild's post and the four supposedly on topic, over half that thread, somehow worthy of a global announcement, is offtopic?!

Yes, discussion of decisions made by a moderator belongs in PM or one of the two sections dedicated to such discussion, not a thread wishing people a pleasant holiday. ;)

RepliMagni wrote:I still fail to see how questioning the validity of the making the thread a global announcement is somehow offtopic?

See above.

RepliMagni wrote:Is Clarkey's "off-topic" trolling of Tetris here not worse than Guild's post? Clarkey purely questions the validity of the thread and attacks tetris, where is the parity?:

Just curious....

I do not mod that section and rarely venture there. :-$

Any other desperate attempts to sling mud? :smt015

Guild wrote:

and yet knowing it was going to cause a problem you went ahead... right good call there mod... #-o

:-s

Guild wrote:and because of you showing prejudice on this forum which is against the rules, i believe, why should only american holidays be made global announcements ?

Precisely what prejudice have I shown? :-k
Zeratul
Elder Administrator
Alliance: Lucian Alliance
Race: Templar
ID: 7
Alternate name(s): Hrefna
Reitha

Honours and Awards

One final thing to you all about threads about (inter/intra)national holidays and similar getting global. There is nothing that says only american ones can get it. If there's more than a couple that care about something on the forums in a holiday and there's nothing that does not fit with the forums in it, then other holidays may get global. However it will not happen too often as then it would loose meaning. The reason so far that it has mainly been american ones like thanksgiving is simple. They're the only ones that have cared enough to try to get it up.
We ourselves celebrate the norwegian constitution day heavily, yet we do not try to make global announcement of it since there arent exactly many Norwegians here.

However, it might not be a good idea to have religious holidays up here, as that might offend the more sensitive people from other religions. We'd rather avoid that mess if we can.

Now you can get back to discussing that warning.
"Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the gods, Browsers shall be changed to carry the internet out amongst the peoples and we will spread Firefox to all the unbelievers. The power of the Firefox will be felt far and wide and the wicked users of IE shall be converted to use the true browsers."

Curious about our color? Feel free to ask...

Return to “Talk to the Mods Direct”