Foe list

for FORUM issues, complaints, requests, bugs, etc - - not game related...
ƒëmmë ƒatalë
Fragment o' Forum
Race: SL temptress
ID: 38112
Alternate name(s): cleo_catra
temptress
seraphim

Foe list

currently when you add someone to foe list, you can no longer see their posts.. can it be made so that they can't see your either ..

ie
make it work the same way blocking does on facebook

thanks
When I despair, I remember that all through history the ways of truth and love have always won.
There have been tyrants, and murderers, and for a time they can seem invincible, but in the end they always fall.
Think of it--always
Mahatma Gandhi
sixty five kills on Ascended ;)
The Forum Rules
Mods and their sections
Rudy Peña
Forum Addict
Alternate name(s): Wrath of Achilles

Re: Foe list

The other person would have to put you on there foe list.

Hope this helps. :-)
Spoiler
R0B3RT wrote: you are like my wife
you never loose :smt101
Spoiler
Field Marshall wrote:I don't think there is a single member ingame that could take on the lion at the moment. Not a single person...
I'm a brown nose. Sue me.
Dubby_CompGamerGeek2
Forum Addict
Alliance: TÅTS / TÅF
Race: Magnificent
ID: 83588
Alternate name(s): >> Skype: IrishHighlanders <<
Dublin Warrior, Dubby, Dubs, DW, CGG, DCGG2.
Paul, Paulie Boy!, Paulie, PAULIE!!!, PAULIE BOY!!!, Paul James, etc.

yes, that's how it currently works...

I would be interested in a discussion on the pros and cons of it going both ways...

pro: more civility.

con: less intel... unless logged out, or logged in on a forum multi.
Psyko
The Irresistible
ID: 0

SuperSaiyan wrote:the only important con I see to it, is that you would be forcing your preference onto another user.

I think it can also cause more problems. If a person foes someone who doesn't expect that person to foe them, it could lead to drama.
愛美
Section Admin of
General and the GC
Mordack
The Spider
ID: 8500

Honours and Awards

I don't like it, for the reason SuperSaiyan already said. When you post here, on Jason's forum, you do not 'own' your words anymore. What gives you the right to dictate the extent to which another user should experience the forum?
"I bet you thought you'd seen the last of me.."

(TB)
Jack
Evil Reincarnated
Alliance: The Empire
Race: Dragonborn
ID: 6475

Mordack wrote:I don't like it, for the reason SuperSaiyan already said. When you post here, on Jason's forum, you do not 'own' your words anymore. What gives you the right to dictate the extent to which another user should experience the forum?

This. But also, why do you feel the need to hide your words from another user? What's the benefit for you? Are you seeking to slander someone and deny them the ability to defend themselves?
Ya'll acting like you know what monster is
Me have 25 years in the monster biz
All monsters think you can fuss with this
Well you can talk to me Snuffleupagus
Me sneak into your house, me leave before dawn
Your daughters will be pregnant and your cookies will be gone
Malx wrote:Make kids not cancer!
[BoT] Jason
Forum History
Alliance: TA
Race: DIEDAYDIEDAY
ID: 13003152
Alternate name(s): Pimp,Slenderman

Why do you foe people ? :neutral:

Don't you have the ability to abstain from reading their posts or opening their PM's?

Also why should your personal opinion of someone effect their experience of the forum, that's the same as saying you should have the power to change their name because you don't like it
Pimping

Feb 06, 06:16 Field Marshall Attack defended 15 88,977,968 0 x,x62,635,278,400 900,114 details

| | Hero of the Year | |

Winner: BMMJ13
Zeratul
Elder Administrator
Alliance: Lucian Alliance
Race: Templar
ID: 7
Alternate name(s): Hrefna
Reitha

Honours and Awards

First of all, its not a setting that can be changed to such. Second, even if it had theoretically been possible, it would not have been done, due to reasons like the one given by SuperSaiyan.

The words in any post here belongs to AdminJason, not to the one that wrote them, thus the only way you can control who sees them is by choosing what you post.
"Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the gods, Browsers shall be changed to carry the internet out amongst the peoples and we will spread Firefox to all the unbelievers. The power of the Firefox will be felt far and wide and the wicked users of IE shall be converted to use the true browsers."

Curious about our color? Feel free to ask...
Coulson
Forum Regular
Alliance: S.H.I.E.L.D.
Race: Human
ID: 75836

Seeking a workaround to not being able to foe a mod, eh?
Stupid idea.

A discussion in which various parties are physically unable to read each others contributions will be a spamfest. Not to mention the pain you'll intentionally cause 'the rest'. Yes, outside your little world of 'Femme and those she loves / hates', there's other people. People who'd be subjected to the complete idiocy of various people saying the same thing, simply because that little world is too emotionally unstable to read other people's posts with detachment. That's just a sad, sad tale.
Loki™
Forum Elder
Alliance: Jötunheim
Race: System Lord
ID: 41339
Alternate name(s): Lloth, Sargonnas, D4ywalk3r

This would be really confusing 'cause femme would foe half the people on the forums and since she is an avid poster it would lead to some very confusing threads when some people would be responding to her and the other half wouldn't know what's going on.
Spoiler

And Loki saw every thing that he had farmed, and, behold, it was very good.
Spoiler
George Hazard says:
thats what happens, HVE takes your soul and gives you an awesome high
when you leave, you can't live without it
ImageImage

The forces of Loki™ rush in full force, and inflict 1,086,054,534,340,000 damage on Pooop's forces!
It was confirmed that 12,620,737 of Pooop's forces fell at the hands of Loki™'s assult.

The forces of Pooop fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 481,837,854,506,000 damage on Loki™'s forces!
They managed to eradicate 1,988,050 of Loki™'s troops.
Noobert
Sedin Triplet
Alliance: Mayhem
Race: A Canuck
ID: 57572

Interesting concept, but that's probably not going to happen unless the Admins rework the foe setting as it is now.

As any of you have foe'd somebody know, you can still see their post. It's just minimized, and you have to open it.
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

Haha, you two are on to the same thing. :P
Gothmog wrote:This would be really confusing 'cause femme would foe half the people on the forums and since she is an avid poster it would lead to some very confusing threads when some people would be responding to her and the other half wouldn't know what's going on.
Stuart Gordon wrote:Seeking a workaround to not being able to foe a mod, eh?
Stupid idea.

A discussion in which various parties are physically unable to read each others contributions will be a spamfest. Not to mention the pain you'll intentionally cause 'the rest'. Yes, outside your little world of 'Femme and those she loves / hates', there's other people. People who'd be subjected to the complete idiocy of various people saying the same thing, simply because that little world is too emotionally unstable to read other people's posts with detachment. That's just a sad, sad tale.
Dubby_CompGamerGeek2
Forum Addict
Alliance: TÅTS / TÅF
Race: Magnificent
ID: 83588
Alternate name(s): >> Skype: IrishHighlanders <<
Dublin Warrior, Dubby, Dubs, DW, CGG, DCGG2.
Paul, Paulie Boy!, Paulie, PAULIE!!!, PAULIE BOY!!!, Paul James, etc.

Having suggested a debate, I think those opposed have won quite handily,

and I would suggest closing the debate by locking the thread... quickly... :roll:
Zeratul
Elder Administrator
Alliance: Lucian Alliance
Race: Templar
ID: 7
Alternate name(s): Hrefna
Reitha

Honours and Awards

Dubby_CompGamerGeek2 wrote:Having suggested a debate, I think those opposed have won quite handily,

and I would suggest closing the debate by locking the thread... quickly... :roll:

Your suggestion is well thought out. It is accepted and implemented.

*click*

anyone got reason to think it should reopen, contact us by PM with said reason.
"Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the gods, Browsers shall be changed to carry the internet out amongst the peoples and we will spread Firefox to all the unbelievers. The power of the Firefox will be felt far and wide and the wicked users of IE shall be converted to use the true browsers."

Curious about our color? Feel free to ask...

Return to “Forum Specific Issues/Requests/Bugs (NOT GAME ISSUES)”