How

Specific to server: "GateWars: New Grounds"
Rudy Peña
Forum Addict
Alternate name(s): Wrath of Achilles

How

How is some people already between 30mil AS and like 5mil?
Spoiler
R0B3RT wrote: you are like my wife
you never loose :smt101
Spoiler
Field Marshall wrote:I don't think there is a single member ingame that could take on the lion at the moment. Not a single person...
I'm a brown nose. Sue me.
Field Marshall
Forum Zombie

Re: How

Rudy Pena wrote:How is some people already between 30mil AS and like 5mil?

I think some people were invited to testing before it was released to us general public. Not sure though. I believe they were granted naq/uu to test with :shock:

Remember, it's only beta, so they don't have an unfair advatage. Only issue is, that nobody can be bothered to test because of this high and low culture that is there now.
Sol wrote:
Field Marshall wrote:
Sol wrote:It's not going to destroy your life :P
Really?

I think this is sig worthy in fact.
:o my first sigging. I sigged you too. <3
High Empty wrote:however people shouldn't have lvl 33 and 200mil spies and try to be in the top 10, it's unhealthy.
Ashu
Michael Westen
Alliance: TAF
Race: Human
ID: 81691

Honours and Awards

And the fact that many features don't work. I for one would like to know what Admin J wants to do with the new server, and it's link to the MAIN server after testing is done.
Bias Admin colour
Rudy Peña
Forum Addict
Alternate name(s): Wrath of Achilles

Oh, I see.
Spoiler
R0B3RT wrote: you are like my wife
you never loose :smt101
Spoiler
Field Marshall wrote:I don't think there is a single member ingame that could take on the lion at the moment. Not a single person...
I'm a brown nose. Sue me.
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

Malx wrote:And the fact that many features don't work.
Elaborate. :?

As for the link to Main, that is quite definitively explained; but I recommend finding admin at the meet. ;)
Ashu
Michael Westen
Alliance: TAF
Race: Human
ID: 81691

Honours and Awards

Bias Admin colour
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

Malx wrote:http://talk.gatewa.rs/viewtopic.php?f=290&t=188591
:D
Those are bugs. Not 'features that do not work'.. :? Anywho. I see your point. That is why this is a public beta, Malxie. :P
Field Marshall
Forum Zombie

Malx wrote:And the fact that many features don't work. I for one would like to know what Admin J wants to do with the new server, and it's link to the MAIN server after testing is done.

Be about for admin meet then :-D not that he will tell us, it'll be a "surprise" much like ascended was...the ascended server was once a secret lol

I would like a beta reset, but it won't happen :D

I wish the $$ aspect would remain out though... :-D
Sol wrote:
Field Marshall wrote:
Really?

High Empty wrote:however people shouldn't have lvl 33 and 200mil spies and try to be in the top 10, it's unhealthy.
Quina Quen
Forum Addict
Alternate name(s): Diamond Dust

Back to Rudy's question if I may, why are we seeing vastly different AS sizes and also magical amounts of naq appear on the server at times?
The ascended entity formerly known as Diamond Dust
Borek
Forum Addict

General Riviera wrote:Back to Rudy's question if I may, why are we seeing vastly different AS sizes and also magical amounts of naq appear on the server at times?

Here is what i believe happened:

Jason transferred over some accounts from Main, or allowed some people to help him with pre-beta private testing. Result was that there were accounts ranked as 0 in the game when the beta was released to the public for us to test. Some people found out about this so there were some cases of people accepting rank 0 accounts as commanders thinking they would get an advantage.

As it happens there's no advantage that i can tell for being an officer, but what it did do is give some of us a way to hotlink a lot of these rank 0 accounts and farm them. Since they were various sizes and not newbie accounts like we had they had a LOT of naq out to be farmed, it was farmed and humongous techs, levels, MS's etc were built resulting in the massively inflated accounts you see now.

As it happens there is another unintended feature of this, the market trade for UU option is based on the max in game UP, at least partly, so when a certain somebody gained a 60k UP that jumped the market trade for UU from approx 10k units like when i claimed it, to 150k like it is now. So anyone starting after then was able to claim 450k units using their 3 MT's.

All in all a bit of a screw up, but then again we would not be able to test things such as humongous tech levels, etc etc without this and it IS a beta test after all. But saying that i would like to see Jason reset it at some point as a "dry run" for a full live launch, maybe a couple of weeks before hand just so we can hopefully have a smooth official launch.
Edmund Blackadder-"The path of my Life is beset with Cowpats from the Devils own satanic herd!"
Field Marshall
Forum Zombie

The majority of the offending super accounts have been banned by the way...so I imagine Jason knows what he's done.

I logged on when there were about 10 people signed up, I was online when Jason released the note...I think Borek was on there before me.

It's not a mess up, Jason intended it.

In the stargate beta, some people were given 6Q to play with...to test things and extremes.

Stop moaning about extremities lol, it'll all dissappear when it goes live :roll:

and Borek, that's untrue...I was able to get 450k UU BEFORE that certain someone had even signed up...I doubt Jason would base the market features on average/individuals UP? Would he? :shock:
Sol wrote:
Field Marshall wrote:
Really?

[BoT] Jason
Forum History
Alliance: TA
Race: DIEDAYDIEDAY
ID: 13003152
Alternate name(s): Pimp,Slenderman

Field Marshall wrote:and Borek, that's untrue...I was able to get 450k UU BEFORE that certain someone had even signed up...I doubt Jason would base the market features on average/individuals UP? Would he? :shock:
It would be better in all honesty... As it just means the poor benefit from the rich getting richer ,causing major increases in inflation , meaning that closing the gap created over years becomes easier as stats continually depreciate
Pimping

Feb 06, 06:16 Field Marshall Attack defended 15 88,977,968 0 x,x62,635,278,400 900,114 details

| | Hero of the Year | |

Winner: BMMJ13
Borek
Forum Addict

few points FM, basically you are wrong. Far as i can tell no one has been banned for farming the rank 0 accounts for mucho naq.

2nd the market trades for UU i was monitoring at the time, it was increasing at an insane rate as people were dumping farmed naq into UP, but what really made it jump was when someone spent trillions in 1 turn, the very next turn change it was 150k. It is not coincidence.
Edmund Blackadder-"The path of my Life is beset with Cowpats from the Devils own satanic herd!"
RepliMagni
Forum Addict
Alliance: Loner :P
Race: NanoTiMaster
ID: 1908448

We need naq and ATs to test it out properly - heck, I've been sabbing/blitzkrieging and doing specifically because I have the resources to do it....

As for too much naq:

Name: Donais?
Commander: justAghost
Race Name: Puppet
Realm Population: ? 15,010,123
Treasury: ? 25,377,098,177,513 Naquadah

Someone go hit them then...I'm out of ATs from sabbing and actually testing the features people are whining about....there's 25tril naq just sitting there....

As for the accounts, Jason moved a load of old 4k ID accounts over....hence why the likes of Lord Dougy have an account - it's not actually them, just their old nicks
Last edited by RepliMagni on Fri Dec 16, 2011 6:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Quina Quen
Forum Addict
Alternate name(s): Diamond Dust

I think it's broke.

[spoiler]As with all battles, this one has been recorded for the official history of your realm. You, of course, are the first to know the results as they are reported directly to you first. This is the official report of the battle:

The army of General Riviera stormed the realm of Donais? !
General Riviera arrived in 0 Mothership.
They were not matched by any defender fleet, thereby being free to rain death from above, out of range of retaliation.
Meanwhile, they landed 11 Smoker armed as follows:

10 Smoker have Cellular Bond Destabilization Satellite **

Opposite this, stood the forces of Donais?
Donais? resisted the aggressors with:
1 Piper carrying the following arsenal: ...Nope. got nothing. They must have forgot their weapons at home with their lunchboxes.

In a fury, the two opposing forces clash!

The forces of General Riviera rush in full force, and inflict 0 damage on Donais? 's forces!
It was confirmed that 0 of Donais? 's forces fell at the hands of General Riviera's assult.

The forces of Donais? fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 0 damage on General Riviera's forces!
They managed to eradicate 0 of General Riviera's troops.

Putting down the chronicled battle report, you cross reference and call for the corrosponding military armory reports to see the state of your weapons after such a battle...
Your Cellular Bond Destabilization Satellite ** went from strength 9,925 to 9,805 (now 9805/10000 and 2 percent damaged)
You make a mental note to have these repaired, as you know damaged weapons are not only less powerful, but if damaged enough, must be destroyed.

The forces of Donais? massacred those of General Riviera
The forces of General Riviera flee from the battlefield! One could see glory on the face of the victors, and spite on the defeated!
The forces of General Riviera could not secure a foothold in the realms of Donais? !
The armies of General Riviera were forced out of the realm of Donais? in a none to glorious fashion! The defending forces were simply too much for them....
There are lessons to be learned here - old cliches of your race abound... biting and chewing...eyes and stomach...enemies and friends... too little too late.. stitch in time...books and covers --- but... one would guess that those defeated who lived were simply thankful for escape at the time, and running to become better prepared for the next excursion. It is sure that Donais? will be considering a return visit to General Riviera![/spoiler]
The ascended entity formerly known as Diamond Dust

Return to “New Grounds General”