Increasing weapon cost

Suggest any improvements
Sol
Forum Addict
ID: 0

Increasing weapon cost

Should I increase the cost of atk and def weapons on ascended (and repair rates respectively), not the smaller ones, but as the power increases of each weapon should it be more expensive, currently (for attack) its at...

power----cost
15 ---- 1,000 Dark Matter Units
30 ---- 1,800 Dark Matter Units
60 ---- 3,200 Dark Matter Units
120 ---- 5,100 Dark Matter Units
450 ---- 16,400 Dark Matter Units
1,080 ---- 52,400 Dark Matter Units
2,560 ---- 167,800 Dark Matter Units

I was thinking something along the lines of...
15 ---- 1,000 Dark Matter Units ---- 100 bill DMU per 100 mill
30 ---- 1,800 Dark Matter Units ---- 180 bill DMU per 100 mill
60 ---- 20,000 Dark Matter Units ----2 trill DMU per 100 mill
120 ---- 130,000 Dark Matter Units ---- 13 trill DMU per 100 mill
450 ----380,400 Dark Matter Units ---- 38.04 trill DMU per 100 mill
1,080 ---- 1,200,400 Dark Matter Units ---- 120.04 trill DMU per 100 mill
2,560 ---- 3,500,800 Dark Matter Units 300.5 trill DMU per 100 mill

Reason being, well you have to stop and think to yourself if its right to be able to leave out the DMU you can use to train your attack and assassin capacity to farm, knowing that the DMU wont actually be taken by anyone else because it's too small to attack for. Or on the other end, people buying billions of weps in defence at little expense, not to bank, but just to stop sabbers on a defence.
Right now weapon costs are peanuts, with a bill or two income planets and no realm alert you can get enough DMU to train a large defence or attack, with a decent assassin action, in contrast to main were you can't really train anything decent within a few days of just pure income, unless you have a best income over 100 mill or so, which requires a decent defence as well.
Not to mention sabbing is practically just as pointless as initiate revolution was, and it would hardly be worth just increasing the amount of damage sabbing does, well maybe a few %.
good/bad idea? discuss!
Field Marshall wrote:
Sol wrote:It's not going to destroy your life :P
Really?
I think this is sig worthy in fact.
Coulson
Forum Regular
Alliance: S.H.I.E.L.D.
Race: Human
ID: 75836

Re: Increasing weapon cost

I'm all for it. It'd also have some effect on DMU sales, side effect notice.
Sol
Forum Addict

Stuart Gordon wrote:I'm all for it. It'd also have some effect on DMU sales, side effect notice.

selling of resources isn't really a concern of mine.
Field Marshall wrote:
Really?
Rudy Peña
Forum Addict
Alternate name(s): Wrath of Achilles

This is a good idea. It is way too easy to buy attack or def weapons. At the rate they are now, i just need to hit someone for over 250 tril and i can buy an easy 500mil def weapons and still have enough left over for anything else.
Spoiler
R0B3RT wrote: you are like my wife
you never loose :smt101
Spoiler
Field Marshall wrote:I don't think there is a single member ingame that could take on the lion at the moment. Not a single person...
I'm a brown nose. Sue me.
hokiehomeboy
Forum Regular
Alliance: Suicide Squad
Race: Hitman

Unlike main, however, Ascended does not have a banking system for storing DMU. Perhaps before vastly increasing the costs of weapons, a way to save and store DMU should be implemented.

My $.02 and back to my cave I go.
Signature Here
[IMG]http://terranfamily.win/sigs/tommy/TestSig3.jpg[/IMG]

Thank you Tweetygirl for the glorious siggy!

[IMG]http://terranfamily.win/sigs/tommy/TestSig2.jpg[/IMG]
Rudy Peña
Forum Addict

hokiehomeboy wrote:Unlike main, however, Ascended does not have a banking system for storing DMU. Perhaps before vastly increasing the costs of weapons, a way to save and store DMU should be implemented.

Theres no reason to have a bank in ascended. You buy weapons/CER/MS/train. Thats it, the rest of the things in ascended is to use the LF cache to help your account.

You put a bank, within a few months, you will see quite a few accounts with levels of over 1200 and over 2000, due a people farming like crazy to save as much DMU as possible to upgrade it all at once. Even a small number of people will have over 999 quad DMU, which can be used to upgrade an all at once. Which is unfair to the rest.
Spoiler
Spoiler
Field Marshall wrote:I don't think there is a single member ingame that could take on the lion at the moment. Not a single person...
Rocky
Tollan
Alliance: The Legion
Race: Italian Stallion

Rudy Pena wrote:
hokiehomeboy wrote:Unlike main, however, Ascended does not have a banking system for storing DMU. Perhaps before vastly increasing the costs of weapons, a way to save and store DMU should be implemented.

Theres no reason to have a bank in ascended. You buy weapons/CER/MS/train. Thats it, the rest of the things in ascended is to use the LF cache to help your account.

You put a bank, within a few months, you will see quite a few accounts with levels of over 1200 and over 2000, due a people farming like crazy to save as much DMU as possible to upgrade it all at once. Even a small number of people will have over 999 quad DMU, which can be used to upgrade an all at once. Which is unfair to the rest.

how will a bank make people farm more and have bigger levels? that makes no sense because right now you farm and you convert into LF then you use LF on levels. banking and using all at once won't increase the dmu farmed or levels bought... it just means you can choose when to use the dmu
TL vs mH
ImageImage
TL vs DDE
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
TL vs mH + DDE
ImageImageImageImage
Rudy Peña
Forum Addict

Rocky wrote:
Rudy Pena wrote:

how will a bank make people farm more and have bigger levels? that makes no sense because right now you farm and you convert into LF then you use LF on levels. banking and using all at once won't increase the dmu farmed or levels bought... it just means you can choose when to use the dmu
please try to reread my post again.
Spoiler
Spoiler
Sol
Forum Addict

I would probably consider adding a bank if i increase the prices by a fair bit, but that is still...irrelevant...to the situation, once you buy the weapons you shouldnt sell them without a good reason. And so if you just farm and buy, as if you were buying CEF, bank or no bank it isn't a problem, which pretty much voids the whole bank idea again.
Unless someone needs to hold 80 quad or so DMU for a single upgrade then a bank isn't needed, as for powerups we have the cache which is untouchable to anyone bar the user.
Field Marshall wrote:
Really?
Rocky
Tollan
Alliance: The Legion
Race: Italian Stallion

Rudy Pena wrote:
Rocky wrote:
Rudy Pena wrote:

please try to reread my post again.

im serious how will storing dmu make people farm more? it baffles me.

ive read it like 5 times trying to make sense of how a bank will make people be able to farm more.
using dmu all at once rather than steadily doesn't make it more dmu sherlock.
TL vs mH
ImageImage
TL vs DDE
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
TL vs mH + DDE
ImageImageImageImage
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

Teehee.

It is like having a basket makes it so you can hold more apples at the same time, but the apple farm still has a limited supply.
Wut. Odd. Interesting. Time to make some pancakes.

Good idea, SoL. :-D
Dubby_CompGamerGeek2
Forum Addict
Alliance: TÅTS / TÅF
Race: Magnificent
ID: 83588
Alternate name(s): >> Skype: IrishHighlanders <<
Dublin Warrior, Dubby, Dubs, DW, CGG, DCGG2.
Paul, Paulie Boy!, Paulie, PAULIE!!!, PAULIE BOY!!!, Paul James, etc.

the primary reason that most of us buy and sell weapons during farming
is to get the rank mods so that we are not leaving half the DMU behind,

which would still be quite profitable,

although much, much more tedious and annoying... :smt021
(not qualities that I look for in a game.)

and for those smaller ascended players,
(not really applicable to me, as I am quite pleased with my Ascended account),

it would make it that much more difficult to catch up... ever?

](*,)
Guild
Forum Addict
Alliance: Retiring
Race: Draeden
ID: 1916018
Location: writing a booklet so people understand my humour :D

sounding like i should be buying billions and billions of weps :D

how about making sabbing worth something ?
Retired but still on a rampage
Spoiler
Rudy Peña wrote:Yea, OE is the the next FS in terms of snipers. We proud ourselves on it to the point we give out awards and see who can mass the most with a 0 def.
Drahazar wrote:Im happy to snipe anyone i want, why should i build any defences for you people
George Hazard wrote:FM is like a rite of passage for alliances.
You haven't truly made it to manhood until you've slept with the town prostitute.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sol
Forum Addict

Dubby_CompGamerGeek2 wrote:the primary reason that most of us buy and sell weapons during farming

](*,)

No, as i said weaker weapons will cost about the same price as they would have.

@ guild this would make sabbing worth something ;), no point in letting someone buy a few hundred odd billion weps when they only need 600 odd mill or something then jacking sabbing up to kill 30%.
Field Marshall wrote:
Really?
Guild
Forum Addict
Alliance: Retiring
Race: Draeden
ID: 1916018
Location: writing a booklet so people understand my humour :D

Sol wrote:
Dubby_CompGamerGeek2 wrote:the primary reason that most of us buy and sell weapons during farming

](*,)

No, as i said weaker weapons will cost about the same price as they would have.

@ guild this would make sabbing worth something ;), no point in letting someone buy a few hundred odd billion weps when they only need 600 odd mill or something then jacking sabbing up to kill 30%.

ahhh indeed..... as you were :-D
Retired but still on a rampage
Spoiler
Rudy Peña wrote:Yea, OE is the the next FS in terms of snipers. We proud ourselves on it to the point we give out awards and see who can mass the most with a 0 def.
Drahazar wrote:Im happy to snipe anyone i want, why should i build any defences for you people
George Hazard wrote:FM is like a rite of passage for alliances.
You haven't truly made it to manhood until you've slept with the town prostitute.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Return to “Suggestions”