Increasing weapon cost

Suggest any improvements
Dubby_CompGamerGeek2
Forum Addict
Alliance: TÅTS / TÅF
Race: Magnificent
ID: 83588
Alternate name(s): >> Skype: IrishHighlanders <<
Dublin Warrior, Dubby, Dubs, DW, CGG, DCGG2.
Paul, Paulie Boy!, Paulie, PAULIE!!!, PAULIE BOY!!!, Paul James, etc.

Re: Increasing weapon cost

Sol wrote:
Dubby_CompGamerGeek2 wrote:the primary reason that most of us buy and sell weapons during farming
is to get the rank mods so that we are not leaving half the DMU behind,

which would still be quite profitable,

although much, much more tedious and annoying... :smt021
(not qualities that I look for in a game.)

and for those smaller ascended players,
(not really applicable to me, as I am quite pleased with my Ascended account),

it would make it that much more difficult to catch up... ever?

](*,)

No, as i said weaker weapons will cost about the same price as they would have.

Please clarify how this helps smaller players.

and about the annoyance factor?
Sol
Forum Addict
ID: 0

Dubby_CompGamerGeek2 wrote:
Sol wrote:
Dubby_CompGamerGeek2 wrote:the primary reason that most of us buy and sell weapons during farming
is to get the rank mods so that we are not leaving half the DMU behind,

which would still be quite profitable,

although much, much more tedious and annoying... :smt021
(not qualities that I look for in a game.)

and for those smaller ascended players,
(not really applicable to me, as I am quite pleased with my Ascended account),

it would make it that much more difficult to catch up... ever?

](*,)

No, as i said weaker weapons will cost about the same price as they would have.

Please clarify how this helps smaller players.

and about the annoyance factor?

weaker weapons can still be easily bought buy smaller players, and they can still work their way up easily, the increase in cost wont drastically affect the noobs, if it does it will only be a little.

What about the annoyance factor? the multiplier was meant for noobs, not matured accounts.
Field Marshall wrote:
Sol wrote:It's not going to destroy your life :P
Really?
I think this is sig worthy in fact.
Dubby_CompGamerGeek2
Forum Addict
Alliance: TÅTS / TÅF
Race: Magnificent
ID: 83588
Alternate name(s): >> Skype: IrishHighlanders <<
Dublin Warrior, Dubby, Dubs, DW, CGG, DCGG2.
Paul, Paulie Boy!, Paulie, PAULIE!!!, PAULIE BOY!!!, Paul James, etc.

there are plenty of targets with 300 tril+ DMU
that I need a rank mod to even hope to steal the entire lot of it in one go.
Sol
Forum Addict

Dubby_CompGamerGeek2 wrote:there are plenty of targets with 300 tril+ DMU

Dubby_CompGamerGeek2 wrote:that I need a rank mod to even hope to steal the entire lot of it in one go.

So whats your problem? Min you can get is 60%, if you want 300 trill min then you can attack accounts with 500 odd trill on, there are a few of those as well.
Weapons were never meant to be bought en mass, and sold just as fast with so little repercussions. Do you buy 10 mill weps on main and just sell them after you finish farming? I know ascended doesn't have to 'exactly' like main, but it wont be. The same still applies in RL.
At the set price i had above, i doubt that would stop the selling/buying farming technique anyway.
Field Marshall wrote:
Really?
hokiehomeboy
Forum Regular
Alliance: Suicide Squad
Race: Hitman

I still see the argument that it is making ascended more like main. If it costs a lot to buy, we should be able to save up and buy when needed. Not just make a decent farm run with 1 wep and then buy up the rest of the weps needed.

Ascended plays differently from main, and for good reason. Who wants to play the same game on 2 different servers?
Signature Here
[IMG]http://terranfamily.win/sigs/tommy/TestSig3.jpg[/IMG]

Thank you Tweetygirl for the glorious siggy!

[IMG]http://terranfamily.win/sigs/tommy/TestSig2.jpg[/IMG]
Sol
Forum Addict

hokiehomeboy wrote:I still see the argument that it is making ascended more like main. If it costs a lot to buy, we should be able to save up and buy when needed. Not just make a decent farm run with 1 wep and then buy up the rest of the weps needed.

Ascended plays differently from main, and for good reason. Who wants to play the same game on 2 different servers?

If weapons are so cheap then why bother having them cost anything? we might as well remove sabbing as well. They should be expensive because they should be, not just because some other game has made them relatively harder to get and we should copy it. And if your so against having similarities between two servers then why do you want a bank for ascended or however you plan to 'save up'?
Field Marshall wrote:
Really?
hokiehomeboy
Forum Regular

Because SoL, my friend, I don't want to create a larger gap between the large and the small.

If you increase the cost of weapons, that does nothing to me. I have farms out the wazoo and levels that let me farm easily. I can hit a few of my turn farms and buy up the strike I need while keeping my multiplier the same as it is now with 0 strike at turn change.

Do you think a 5 mil or 100mil army size newcomer to ascended can do that? Of course they can't, because even if they have friends to share their farms there is still the 1/5 attack mod. So they can't hit those big accounts that are now dormant even if they have 0 defense.

Now the accounts they can see, and they can hit, how do they afford the weapons? There is no way to save DMU and few chances of them making big enough hits to buy them all at once. So they have to make slow, gradual hits to build up, find farms, etc. While players with big strikes, known farms, levels, experience, etc (like myself) can just keep on playing as they were. That is why I think an increase in weapons costs needs many other factors to consider, the ability to store DMU just the first thought off the cuff.
Signature Here

Sol
Forum Addict

hokiehomeboy wrote:Do you think a 5 mil or 100mil army size newcomer to ascended can do that? Of course they can't, because even if they have friends to share their farms there is still the 1/5 attack mod. So they can't hit those big accounts that are now dormant even if they have 0 defense.

A newcomer farming doesn't need heavy weaponry to take on what accounts they can actually hit at that time, most would be inactive, or at their size anyway. All others would be unreachable because of the 1/5th rule, if you want to remove that then it needs to go in another thread.
hokiehomeboy wrote:Now the accounts they can see, and they can hit, how do they afford the weapons? There is no way to save DMU and few chances of them making big enough hits to buy them all at once. So they have to make slow, gradual hits to build up, find farms, etc.

They buy the cheaper weapons and work there way up, as it should be, right now you can just buy a few super cheap ones, make a few hits then buy the best weapons straight up. Gradually buying weapons...whats wrong with that? Is there a rule where you have to buy weapons to man all your army straight up?
Field Marshall wrote:
Really?
hokiehomeboy
Forum Regular

Sol wrote:A newcomer farming doesn't need heavy weaponry to take on what accounts they can actually hit at that time, most would be inactive, or at their size anyway. All others would be unreachable because of the 1/5th rule, if you want to remove that then it needs to go in another thread.

That is my point. They need it more than someone like myself who, aside from what 1Q DMU, which is negligible for what I farm, will continue business as usual.
SoL wrote:They buy the cheaper weapons and work there way up, as it should be, right now you can just buy a few super cheap ones, make a few hits then buy the best weapons straight up. Gradually buying weapons...whats wrong with that? Is there a rule where you have to buy weapons to man all your army straight up?

There are no rules ;) We are only trying to find something that works, and fix it if it doesn't.

I want to close the gap and not widen it. I wish I had a better solution to offer, but at the moment I don't. I can only give my opinion on the proposed update and why for now (because definitely not never, it needs changing) I am against it.
Signature Here

Sol
Forum Addict

hokiehomeboy wrote:
Sol wrote:A newcomer farming doesn't need heavy weaponry to take on what accounts they can actually hit at that time, most would be inactive, or at their size anyway. All others would be unreachable because of the 1/5th rule, if you want to remove that then it needs to go in another thread.

That is my point. They need it more than someone like myself who, aside from what 1Q DMU, which is negligible for what I farm, will continue business as usual.

It wont be hard for them to get, maybe a little challenge (whats a game without one), after all i wouldnt expect them to train a few hundred mill supers straight off the bat.
hokiehomeboy wrote:
SoL wrote:They buy the cheaper weapons and work there way up, as it should be, right now you can just buy a few super cheap ones, make a few hits then buy the best weapons straight up. Gradually buying weapons...whats wrong with that? Is there a rule where you have to buy weapons to man all your army straight up?

There are no rules ;) We are only trying to find something that works, and fix it if it doesn't.

I want to close the gap and not widen it.

I don't think it will. If you are really worried I can just make the most powerful weapon go up in price. But there is hardly a gap now, sure there is a clear definition between noobs and people who have been playing awhile but its hardly a permanent gap, with the APP conversion rate up now, the high rise in powerups so it slows others down and the CER cap up to 3 bill before CER slows...what more could you want?
Field Marshall wrote:
Really?
hokiehomeboy
Forum Regular

Sol wrote:
hokiehomeboy wrote:

It wont be hard for them to get, maybe a little challenge (whats a game without one), after all i wouldnt expect them to train a few hundred mill supers straight off the bat.

A little challenge is what is going to slow growth for everyone, but hurt the small more than the large. It is less of a challenge for big accounts no matter how expensive you make the strongest weapon and will only widen the gap. Big accounts can farm what they need on a turn change with few weapons and buy what they need for the rest of their list unless you make it impossibly expensive. Then what is the point of the weapon?
SoL wrote:
hokiehomeboy wrote:

I want to close the gap and not widen it.

I don't think it will. If you are really worried I can just make the most powerful weapon go up in price. But there is hardly a gap now, sure there is a clear definition between noobs and people who have been playing awhile but its hardly a permanent gap, with the APP conversion rate up now, the high rise in powerups so it slows others down and the CER cap up to 3 bill before CER slows...what more could you want?

I love that there is new life coming to ascended. What I really want is a closer gap between the new and the old. It's a delicate dance on ascended doing it. Especially in a way that established and new players can come together and agree on things.

I don't think increasing weapons costs will do what you want for ascended, and I hope I have explained why. Again, I have to say I am against this update until things like army size mod and rank mod are considered along with a storage system for dmu.

While Rome wasn't built in a day, they had a way to store their money to build their empire and were free to attack and conquer whoever they chose.
Signature Here

Sol
Forum Addict

Things will always be more expensive for noobs, and there will always be a gap, its just a matter of how large it should be, increasing the cost for weapons, or just for the highest in power, wont increase the gap to an impossible challenge. As I said before, for a new user to become average it's an easy path to take now, it's just a matter of waiting for their planet size to increase enough to include the bulk of the users. Ascended isn't and won't be like main where it would take a year of purely power ascending just to get to a base level, and polar opposite to this we shouldn't be spoon feeding noobs.
This is a turn based game that takes time, not a game where you just sit up all night on caffeine pills for a week straight killing or doing something to gain a level.
Field Marshall wrote:
Really?
~Tziki~
Forum Addict
Alliance: The Order
Race: Drunken Monkey

How about increasing the cost of weapons depending on the overall size of the buyer?

noobs wont be charged the earth for their weapons, and higher level players will be charged a higher rate, that will be an inconvenience but not a huge one (which is what many have said will happen anyway)

this way you inconvenience those that buy and sell weapons, whilst not stunting the growth of new/very small players.

It helps close the gap between new and old.
--------
Scott - Harchester wrote:Kev is the Chuck Norris of Gatewars, He doesn't join active alliances - the active alliances join him.
Sol
Forum Addict

~Tziki~ wrote:How about increasing the cost of weapons depending on the overall size of the buyer?

noobs wont be charged the earth for their weapons, and higher level players will be charged a higher rate, that will be an inconvenience but not a huge one (which is what many have said will happen anyway)

this way you inconvenience those that buy and sell weapons, whilst not stunting the growth of new/very small players.

It helps close the gap between new and old.

How will that logically fit in? Wouldn't buying a stack of weapons because your bigger be less expensive, i.e bulk buying?
Not to mention there is already a gradual increase in weapon cost now.
Field Marshall wrote:
Really?
~Tziki~
Forum Addict
Alliance: The Order
Race: Drunken Monkey

Because the "seller" of the weapons knows they can extort someone that has enough cash to throw around.

If someone wants something enough they will spend an enormous amount to get it, but an "enormous amount" depends the view of the person involved. a small amount to a big player is relatively big to a small player. therefore a slightly larger amount to a big player is no major difference.
--------
Scott - Harchester wrote:Kev is the Chuck Norris of Gatewars, He doesn't join active alliances - the active alliances join him.

Return to “Suggestions”