Revocation of Warning

Ombudsman Case Archives
Quina Quen
Forum Addict
Alternate name(s): Diamond Dust

Revocation of Warning

Thread in question - 'Computer help' - Author: CCexy

Moderator in question - [BoT] Jack

I have received a formal board warning from the named moderator above for a post (detail below). The opening comment from Jack is off the back of another user suggesting using a Mac (implying using another system/operating system completely).

[BoT] Jack wrote:Split all of the useless crap. If you're going to post advice, then offer something far more useful than "buy a new computer/OS.' If you have a problem with the system he uses, then take it up in another topic. Do not spam this with your worthless opinions about the quality of a particular product.

You have been warned.

The response - which I have been warned for.

General Riviera wrote:How can you warn someone for suggesting using a different operating system and classify it as spam? It's highly relevant given that the OP indicated s/he uses Vista (which everyone knows is a pile of proverbial horse manure). And since when was that person's opinion any less valuable than yours? You can be so full of it sometimes Jack - maybe this is just one of your bad days eh?

A further post from Zeratul offering good solid advise also concerning the use of an alternate OS as a solution can clearly be seen below.

Zeratul wrote:Looking at posts higher up here, we'd ask you how it messes up messages, is it any specific key or group of keys, or is there no pattern?

To see how things work, it might work for you to test by getting a different OS on a USB stick or a CD/DVD, to see whether error is still there. Such external OS things tend to get their own drivers, so that might show solution. Nice thing with some of those external OSes is that you can test-run without installing it. If such works and the problem is still there, then the problem is probably in the keyboard itself.

Oh, and we'd suggest trying to follow General Riviera's suggestion first, as it is far simpler to do.

Now here's something Zeratul may find amusing.

Inbox message following the warning:

[BoT] Jack wrote:
General Riviera wrote:How can you warn someone for suggesting using a different operating system and classify it as spam? It's highly relevant given that the OP indicated s/he uses Vista (which everyone knows is a pile of proverbial horse manure). And since when was that person's opinion any less valuable than yours? You can be so full of it sometimes Jack - maybe this is just one of your bad days eh?

Warned as in warned to not continue. He asked for help with keyboard problems, replacing the OS is a ridiculous suggestion that does not suit the issue.

If one wants to help, they are allowed ' lulz Vista suckz' does not help.

Zeratul - I'm sorry, but your opinions are 'ridiculous'. ;) Did you get a warning too? ;)

Can I also ask why one grumpy moderator thinks that the opinions of others are also 'worthless'? That is a disgusting attitude.

I would like to request that the warning be revoked and also that Jack's position actually be looked into - he has demonstrated nothing but hasty click-happy inconsistency with his duties as someone who is supposed to be responsible. Nothing personal pal.
The ascended entity formerly known as Diamond Dust
Drought
Forum Expert
ID: 0

Re: Revocation of Warning

though vista may be a troublesome system for many household to maintain
countless computers with vista run in buisnesses everyday without problems
portraying the operating system as the culprit would be as usefull as saying the one having the problem is the cause
a very bad hairdo
Quina Quen
Forum Addict

Whilst that's true, it isn't the point here. The OP indicated they used Vista, another poster identified an alternate OS as a potential solution. Whether Vista is deemed good or bad, it doesn't matter.
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

Thank you, Louie. This post is to let you know we have seen your post. :)
When we have some questions, we will let you know. Expect a first response within the next two days.
Quina Quen
Forum Addict

Thank you.
Clarkey
Multi Hunter

Honours and Awards

Just to point out General Riviera, and you should know this by now, if you ever want to respond or comment on a moderators official post in a thread it HAS to be taken via PM or posted in the Talk to the Mods Direct section. The rules 100% state that replies to an official moderator post will be treated as spam.

Your warning was clearly for responding directly to a moderators actions in the thread at hand which is considered spam. You know where to take such issues with moderators.

As for the original warning by Jack in the thread, I don't know if it was warranted and it's not my problem, but the fact is your warning is clearly in relation to the post you made in response to Jack, not the original post.
Image ImageImageImage
Quina Quen
Forum Addict

Know your own rules if you wish to pull people on them.

b. Replies
Replies will be considered spam if they do not contribute to the discussion of the topic, or derail the topic from the intended purpose as defined in the opening post. This may include multiple replies that contain nothing more than emoticons or small words such as ‘lol’. While it is appropriate to indicate something is amusing, drowning out a whole thread with such posts makes it hard to follow for all users. In addition, creating consecutive posts as opposed to using the edit function will be considered spam (referred to as double or triple (or more) posting).

Note:
Replying to the official post of a Moderator in a topic is spam. Discussing the action that the Moderator has taken belongs in the correct sections of the forum, or in private messages.

Consequence:
A polite note from a moderator will be personally issued requesting the user cut down the amount of irrelevant posts. Repeat offenders will be given one warning point.

Granted, I posted on the thread unaware of this rule prior to researching it however one post is not a repeat offence and a polite note from a moderator it was not.
Jim
Pony Princess
Alliance: MaYHeM
Race: Asgard
ID: 45162
Alternate name(s): Bucephalus
Kishin

The precedent has been set for a longtime that a user will be given a warning for replying to an official moderator's official post (e.g. in colour).

Though jack is an evil evil man.
Jack
Evil Reincarnated
Alliance: The Empire
Race: Dragonborn
ID: 6475

*yawns*

Jim is correct, it has been precedent for about 2 years or so now.

As for the rest of your gibberish. lulz
Ya'll acting like you know what monster is
Me have 25 years in the monster biz
All monsters think you can fuss with this
Well you can talk to me Snuffleupagus
Me sneak into your house, me leave before dawn
Your daughters will be pregnant and your cookies will be gone
Malx wrote:Make kids not cancer!
Quina Quen
Forum Addict

Read the rules that I have quoted, and in particular the point in blue.

Consequence:
A polite note from a moderator will be personally issued requesting the user cut down the amount of irrelevant posts. Repeat offenders will be given one warning point.

Hardly a repeat offence was it even if I was oblivious to this rule and at no point have you been polite. You swagger about the forum thinking you (ironically) are Jack-The-Lad. I find it highly annoying that you wish to tailor your own board rulings now that something comes back to bite you in the ass.

You're a sorry effort for a human being.
BMMJ13
Lord of Winterfell
Alliance: Tauri Alliance
Race: Tollan
ID: 89633

Honours and Awards

1.) Replying to a mod post is instant spam, no matter where it is. It says so in the rules highlighted below.
b. Replies
Replies will be considered spam if they do not contribute to the discussion of the topic, or derail the topic from the intended purpose as defined in the opening post. This may include multiple replies that contain nothing more than emoticons or small words such as ‘lol’. While it is appropriate to indicate something is amusing, drowning out a whole thread with such posts makes it hard to follow for all users. In addition, creating consecutive posts as opposed to using the edit function will be considered spam (referred to as double or triple (or more) posting).

Note:
Replying to the official post of a Moderator in a topic is spam. Discussing the action that the Moderator has taken belongs in the correct sections of the forum, or in private messages.

Consequence:

2. The topic was verbally warned to stop spamming, you posted after that, hence it was a repeat offense.

3. You personally have been verbally warned before by other mods about spamming, hence it was again a repeat offense.

Had both #2 and #3 not been true, you could of argued that you were not warned previously, however you had been, multiple times.
Mar 18, 14:52 General Zeus Sabotage Repelled 104,724,369 details
Spoiler
ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

Quina Quen
Forum Addict

What a load of crap. Your minion of click-happiness Jack posted after another user made a valid post regarding an alternate OS. I posted in direct reference to his shoddy moderation abilities.

To be honest, I can't be bothered. Do as you wish. Ban me for all I care. The only thing some of you moderators are consistent with is double standards.
Clarkey
Multi Hunter

Honours and Awards

General Riviera wrote:You're a sorry effort for a human being.
Whether Jack was right to issue you with a warning or not should not give you the right to attack a person in such a way. If Jack said in this thread that you were a sorry effort for a human being you would go mental at the Ombudsman. I'm sorry but you have no justification for such an attack.
Image ImageImageImage
xDaku
Forum Addict
Alliance: Forgotten Serenity - leader
ID: 27858

General Riviera wrote:To be honest, I can't be bothered.

Then why go through all this?

Clarkey wrote:
General Riviera wrote:You're a sorry effort for a human being.
Whether Jack was right to issue you with a warning or not should not give you the right to attack a person in such a way. If Jack said in this thread that you were a sorry effort for a human being you would go mental at the Ombudsman. I'm sorry but you have no justification for such an attack.

Double standards only exist for the mods, don't you know that? :roll:
Spoiler
Easy^ wrote: I am sorry if my shadow is too awesome for you to stand in.
E
MEZZANINE wrote:
Oooo I like higher math

E=Mc2*SGW = ( ( U = A*S*S ) + ( JT + $$$ + E*G*O ) ) + ( FS = AWESOME + Infinity ). Therefor FS -> DDE :D
Yyith wrote:Yyith says:
thats why women have small feet
get closer to the sink
Spoiler
Mezzanine wrote:Picture a hot summers day, sitting on the grass ( maybe smoking it too lol ), sun shining, cool breeze, cold beer, beautiful lady, perfect Serenity

Now picture your worst nightmare, the grass turned into trenches of mud, rain drenching you, ice winds, down to rations, surrounded by death and destruction

Turning your dreams into nightmares is what we do, heed this warning and pass it on, else you will forget your serenity forever

Blood in 2012 - Updated 1st Sep, 2012:
Spoiler
Attack Soldiers killed: 32,934,122
Defence Soldiers killed: 17,810,494
Attack Supers killed: 777,708,800
Defence Supers killed: 1,004,092,379
Spy Killers killed: 301,726,911
Spies Killed: 1,223,520,310
Total: 3,357,793,016

Raiders lost: 5,324,560
Guards lost: 14,223,773
Super Soldiers lost: 907,918,161
Super Guards lost: 654,870,558
Undercover Agents lost: 411,831,764
Assassin lost: 269,766,078
Total: 2,263,934,894
Quina Quen
Forum Addict

I have every right to an opinion Clarkey.

Return to “Case Archives”