UNJUST MODERATOR!!!

want to publicly say something about the current Forum Mods? The Mod setup? The Rules of the Forum? here you go...

So after reading this post, do you agree that the moderator/s in charge are being unfair?

Poll ended at Fri Feb 10, 2012 1:38 am

Yes
25%
No
75%
unsure
No votes

Total votes: 16
Jack_
Forum Newbie
ID: 0

UNJUST MODERATOR!!!

Greetings everyone.
Earlier I posted a new topic in this forum containing the makings of a list of main IDs and their corresponding ascended IDs. The moderators in charge decided they didn't want their own IDs listed for all to see (along with everyone else's) so they claimed that IDs are considered 'stats' and therefore aren't allowed to be posted. They then removed all the information.

Okay I thought, I'll open another topic with a LINK to a list of IDs, (therefore not breaking their stupid new rule about posting so-called 'stats' ''IDs" on their forum)

They didn't like this very much! lol

So they deleted that topic as well.

They then sent me this warning:

I complained to one of the moderators responsible and received a BS response that follows.

I think these mods are being completely unreasonable, unfair and unjust!
Whether people agree with what I choose to post or not is irrelevant.
That doesn't mean I don't have the right to post it!
Like people say in RL;
''I don't agree with what he said, but I'll die to defend his right to say it!''

As far as I can see I havn't broken any moderator ''rules'' in this post, so they shouldn't delete this one as well. However if they do, I plan to post this on my own forum and send the URL to the first 10 pages of players in GateWars. Let's see them try to delete that information! LOL
Last edited by Jack_ on Thu Feb 09, 2012 10:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Quina Quen
Forum Addict
Alternate name(s): Diamond Dust

Re: UNJUST MODERATOR!!!

Jack, you should be filing this complaint with Juliette and Psyko who are our ombudspeople. They are two very diligent people who can help.
The ascended entity formerly known as Diamond Dust
Jack_
Forum Newbie

General Riviera wrote:Jack, you should be filing this complaint with Juliette and Psyko who are our ombudspeople. They are two very diligent people who can help.

OK, will do. Thanks for the advice.
Richard B Riddick
Forum Intermediate
Alliance: THE DARK DOMINIUM™
Race: Furyan
Alternate name(s): TheFlash4
The Balance of Judgement
Howling Mad Murdock
~Guerrero~

i think you are just being a moron, and posting those id's count as stat posting, and weather you posted a link to where they are all posted or posted directly here, still counted as posting stats, and the second post can count as mocking the forum mod's . i think this whole topic you opened up here is a joke
Spoiler
Reborn wrote:On 3/3/14, at 12:17 PM, Reborn wrote:
> it is b/s though prep time is meant to b prep your accounts for war
On 3/3/14, at 12:18 PM, Reborn wrote:
> not hi "stick a thumb up your ass for 4 hrs and w8"
Jack_
Forum Newbie

~Guerrero~ wrote:i think you are just being a moron, and posting those id's count as stat posting, and weather you posted a link to where they are all posted or posted directly here, still counted as posting stats, and the second post can count as mocking the forum mod's . i think this whole topic you opened up here is a joke

I disagree with your opinion, but I'd die to defend your right to state it!
lol
semper
The sharp-tongued devil you can't seem to forget...
Race: God

Since when has ID posting fallen under the rule of stat posting? If you're banned from stat (statistic) posting then everyone who's ever discussed other players ranks, start date, forum post count etc etc should be warned too as that's just the same...

I've seen players being bullied that have posted the ID and name of their assailants in an effort to get help.
Accolades/Titles:
Spoiler
Started Playing: April 2005
Honours (5): Hall of Fame 2009. Annual Awards Host 2008, 2009, 2013, 2014 and 2015.
Winner (12): RP'er of the Year 2008, Runner Up Poster of the Year 2008, Debater of the Year 2008, War of the Year 2008, Poster of the Year 2009, Alliance of the Year 2009 (Nemesis Sect, Creator), Alliance War of the Year 2009 (Nempire vs Mayhem, Instigator), RP'er Runner Up 2009, Knew You'd Be Back 2010, Conflict of the Decade (FUALL v TF), Conflict of the Decade Runner Up (Ga vs TF), Alliance of the Decade (TDD).
Nominated (8): Writer of the year 2007, Avatar of the Year 2007, Poster of the Year 2007, Villain of the Year 2008, Player Sig 2008, Race Player of the Year 2009, Most Missed 2010, Alliance Leadership 2010, Most Missed 2011.
Commands (3): Supreme System Lord 2008, 2010, 2011 and 2012. System Lord Council 2006 - present. Dark Lord and Emperor of the Nempire 2009 - 2011.
Alliances (9): DDE, EA, OSL, TFUR, DDEII, AI, RM, WoB, Nemesis.
Forum Roles (4): Former Misc GM, Race Mod (Goa'uld), Debate forum patriarch and mod.
Jack_
Forum Newbie

Semper wrote:Since when has ID posting fallen under the rule of stat posting? If you're banned from stat (statistic) posting then everyone who's ever discussed other players ranks, start date, forum post count etc etc should be warned too as that's just the same...

I've seen players being bullied that have posted the ID and name of their assailants in an effort to get help.

Finally an intelligent player!

Thanks Semper ;)
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

Semper wrote:Since when has ID posting fallen under the rule of stat posting?
viewtopic.php?f=129&t=189910: is a discussion about stat posting; ID versus "link between ID's" is a point of confusion.

I would appreciate it if this thread could be locked.
Jack and I are currently talking through PM about this; I have requested he post in the Ombudsman's Corner, should he be unable to resolve the issue earlier in the channel, outlined here.

(I would also like to note that intelligence is not defined as 'level of agreeing with someone'.) :P
Last edited by Juliette on Thu Feb 09, 2012 3:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
jedi~tank
Forum Zombie

***sighs*** more mod bullying and deleting :-k

"What I want to see is a tight knit group not a collection of people pulling in different directions"
Deni
ƒëmmë
Forum Elite
Alternate name(s): ƒëmmë ƒatalë
temptress
cleo_catra

for years ppl have posted others ids, never has it constituted as stat posting before

eg
the banned, rule breakers, war threads all have ppl that have posted others ids..

and what about posting offensive names etc is that stat posting as well??
eg I post 1234 has a planet with a offensive name

All of a sudden this constitutes stat posting?

See thread. I previously made re this issue in the Mod area
viewtopic.php?f=129&t=189910

besides many ppls ids are in their forum profiles :s

ps, maybe a mod would like to merge this that topic :)
To fight and conquer in all your battles is not supreme excellence;
supreme excellence consists in breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting.
-Sun Tzu, the Art of War
31/07/2012 6:13:16 AM Hope Light ID's mean nothing imo if you can back yourself up.
31/07/2012 6:13:22 AM Hope Light only **Filtered** hide them.
Be careful who you trust, even the devil was once an angel
veritas vos liberabit
Forums own rules
http://stargatewars.herebegames.com/vie ... 7#p2510387
Spoiler
Section Admins - who will be 'in charge' of the section in question. They will be responsible for the overall feel of the section, the setup/structure, and most importantly the community/users in the section. This will incorporate the old 'ombudsman' role. And insofar as the Section Admin is responsible for the users, they are also responsible for the high level mod behaviour towards the users.
So -as a user - if you have an issue with how you are treated, rules, bans, whatever --goto the section admin... They are there for you!

There is no 'reporting structure' in this setup -- tech, mod, and section admins are all on equal footing, each with their own (somewhat overlapping) responsibilities.
Mods report directly to the mod admin, and indirectly to the section admin for the section in which they mod.
GeneralChaos
Forum Addict
Alliance: Omega
ID: 59627

I cant believe that after 7 years in this game, people are still crying about there ID's being posted LOL, its so easy to find out someones ID etc, yet the FORUM that supports the GAME, dont allow it, stupid, get over it already,

Maybe its time for an update on the 7 year old rules huh.
Deep within Noob Cave, you find a strange pool filled with a glowing blue liquid. You think back to what your mother told you about unfamiliar liquids found in caves.

You're pretty sure she said "Drink it! What's the worst that can happen?"
ƒëmmë
Forum Elite
Alternate name(s): ƒëmmë ƒatalë
temptress
cleo_catra

what about this post for example from the GC section

viewtopic.php?f=99&t=145057&p=1790927&hilit=78894#p1790927

are mods going to go through and remove all ids posted by others in the past?
To fight and conquer in all your battles is not supreme excellence;
supreme excellence consists in breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting.
-Sun Tzu, the Art of War
31/07/2012 6:13:16 AM Hope Light ID's mean nothing imo if you can back yourself up.
31/07/2012 6:13:22 AM Hope Light only **Filtered** hide them.
Be careful who you trust, even the devil was once an angel
veritas vos liberabit
Forums own rules
http://stargatewars.herebegames.com/vie ... 7#p2510387
Spoiler
Section Admins - who will be 'in charge' of the section in question. They will be responsible for the overall feel of the section, the setup/structure, and most importantly the community/users in the section. This will incorporate the old 'ombudsman' role. And insofar as the Section Admin is responsible for the users, they are also responsible for the high level mod behaviour towards the users.
So -as a user - if you have an issue with how you are treated, rules, bans, whatever --goto the section admin... They are there for you!

There is no 'reporting structure' in this setup -- tech, mod, and section admins are all on equal footing, each with their own (somewhat overlapping) responsibilities.
Mods report directly to the mod admin, and indirectly to the section admin for the section in which they mod.
~Dä Vinci~
Forum Addict
Alliance: TÅÅE
Race: I Love Lampey!
ID: 1992329
Alternate name(s): ~Tom~, Andy, Field marshall, ETL, Huxley, rudy, borek, rocky, C2, bruno, harsasnails, robe, R8, couzens, Lord Katsumoto, Da reno, The Queen of england, and a pineapple but only on sundays.
Location: In Side Daku While playing on multis and useing my scripts

so you can't post id's when buying turns aha mods just make stuff up to please them self :P

Matt: I like men, especially when they are bent over in the shower.

Trade Feedback
Jack_
Forum Newbie

Thanks for the support guys, let's not let those in power abuse that power. ;)

FYI: I'm not new to the game, and this is my alias forum account. I created it so I couldn't be punished for being honest. (although I suspect 1 or 2 people know who I really am) 8)
Last edited by Jack_ on Thu Feb 09, 2012 4:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Clarkey
Multi Hunter

Honours and Awards

Jack wrote:The moderators in charge decided they didn't want their own IDs listed for all to see (along with everyone else's)

GeneralChaos wrote:I cant believe that after 7 years in this game, people are still crying about there ID's being posted LOL

~Dä Vinci~ wrote:so you can't post id's when buying turns aha mods just make stuff up to please them self :P

You three are being complete idiots and posting random dribble.

Jack, moderators in charge did not decide they didn't want their own IDs posted. You have completely made up a story to try and beef up your argument.

GeneralChaos, people are not crying about their IDs being posted. A clear example of you not knowing what is going on and jumping in on the bandwagon.

~Dä Vinci~, another example of not knowing what's actually going on and jumping in on the bandwagon. This has nothing to do with people posting their own IDs when buying turns or anything else.

Jack wrote:FYI: I'm not new to the game, and this is my alias forum account. I created it so I couldn't be punished for being honest. (although I suspect 1 or 2 people know who I really am) 8)
Yes some of us do know Sebastian. But who told me? Funny thing is it wasn't even a staff member that told me. Oh well.
Image ImageImageImage

Return to “Forum & Mod Feedback”