UNJUST MODERATOR!!!

want to publicly say something about the current Forum Mods? The Mod setup? The Rules of the Forum? here you go...

So after reading this post, do you agree that the moderator/s in charge are being unfair?

Poll ended at Fri Feb 10, 2012 1:38 am

Yes
25%
No
75%
unsure
No votes

Total votes: 16
Empy
Derper
Race: Eldar

Re: UNJUST MODERATOR!!!

To reply to Mordack, I do not believe that anyone took into consideration the precedent set when Jason still wanted the Ascension Server and everything associated with it secret when making the decision.

The reason is more along the lines of, you have to God Quest an Ascended account to find the link between the Main and Ascended ID. Therefore, it is as much as stat as defense, strike, covert, or anything like that which it is against the rules to post. You can post Ascended IDs all you want, you can post Main IDs all you want, but if you post an Ascneded ID and Main ID are linked, and indicate that link... then that is against the rules.

The same logic that is used when saying you cannot spy someone and post their strike, defense, etc, is used when you God Quest someone and then post their Main/Ascended IDs.

Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561198036220818]Image[/url]
Spoiler
Jack_
Forum Newbie
ID: 0

Firstly, to all those trying to guess my true identity; you have not yet guessed correctly and there are so many players that you probably never will. It is also NOT my intention to frame someone else for my actions, so to those that have been named and accused of being me, I apologize (not my fault tbh). If at some point in the future someone does happen to guess correctly, I will still neither confirm nor deny if they are correct as that would undermine the whole point of having an alias in the first place.

Secondly, this topic is not about what my true identity really is, it is about whether or not posting an ID list should be against the rules AND whether or not I was treated unfairly by a moderator.

Thirdly, I agree that it should be discussed between all players/moderators whether posting 'ID pairs' should be against the rules or not; because the 'rules' couldn't be more vague on the issue!

Forthly, what if I had posted an UNCONFIRMED list of ID pairs? What if the information claimed to be true, but wasn't and the ID pairs were complete BS and didn't match up at all, what then? Would it be against the rules to post a list of ID pairs if the list were a fake, how would the moderators know unless they checked all the IDs out for themselves??? lol
It couldn't possibly be considered 'stat' posting if there wasn't any real info in the list, could it?

Fifthly, a 'stat' (short for statistic), is defined by webster as a type of quantity! An 'ID' is not a quantity. An ID is an identity. Not an amount or quantity or average percentage of something. An ID is just like a name, except that names can be changed and IDs can't. If I were to post the ingame name of someone and what their name was on ascended, how could this possibly be defined as a statistic, rather than just a simple piece of info about a player, not about the 'inner secrets' of their account (which can be changed by them, unlike their ID). IDs are not sensitive intelligence about something within someone's account, they just tell people which bloody accounts you're talking about. lol

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/statistic
Jack
Evil Reincarnated
Alliance: The Empire
Race: Dragonborn
ID: 6475

Jack wrote:Firstly

Firstly; STHU, no one gives a **Filtered** and you talk too goddamn much.

Jack wrote:Secondly

Secondly; I don't give a **Filtered**. Stop using my name.

Jack wrote:Thirdly

*yawn*

Jack wrote:Forthly

:smt015

Jack wrote:Fifthly

Don't give a flying **Filtered** what webster's says. What matters is how we define stat posting and part of that definition includes associating ascended and main IDs. If you don't like it, tough, there's not a goddamned thing you can't do about it. Go ahead, prove me wrong, I dare ya.
Ya'll acting like you know what monster is
Me have 25 years in the monster biz
All monsters think you can fuss with this
Well you can talk to me Snuffleupagus
Me sneak into your house, me leave before dawn
Your daughters will be pregnant and your cookies will be gone
Malx wrote:Make kids not cancer!
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

E.M.P. wrote:The reason is more along the lines of, you have to God Quest an Ascended account to find the link between the Main and Ascended ID. Therefore, it is as much as stat as defense, strike, covert, or anything like that which it is against the rules to post. You can post Ascended IDs all you want, you can post Main IDs all you want, but if you post an Ascneded ID and Main ID are linked, and indicate that link... then that is against the rules.
Perfect. Make a nice little spoiler and add it to the 'Rules (long version)', and we can all go our merry way and not run into this confusion ever again.
xDaku
Forum Addict
Alliance: Forgotten Serenity - leader
ID: 27858

Dovahkiin wrote:If you don't like it, tough, there's not a goddamned thing you can't do about it. Go ahead, prove me wrong, I dare ya.

Now, isn't that the attitude that brings about mod bias arguments in the first place? :roll:
Spoiler
Easy^ wrote: I am sorry if my shadow is too awesome for you to stand in.
E
MEZZANINE wrote:
Oooo I like higher math

E=Mc2*SGW = ( ( U = A*S*S ) + ( JT + $$$ + E*G*O ) ) + ( FS = AWESOME + Infinity ). Therefor FS -> DDE :D
Yyith wrote:Yyith says:
thats why women have small feet
get closer to the sink
Spoiler
Mezzanine wrote:Picture a hot summers day, sitting on the grass ( maybe smoking it too lol ), sun shining, cool breeze, cold beer, beautiful lady, perfect Serenity

Now picture your worst nightmare, the grass turned into trenches of mud, rain drenching you, ice winds, down to rations, surrounded by death and destruction

Turning your dreams into nightmares is what we do, heed this warning and pass it on, else you will forget your serenity forever

Blood in 2012 - Updated 1st Sep, 2012:
Spoiler
Attack Soldiers killed: 32,934,122
Defence Soldiers killed: 17,810,494
Attack Supers killed: 777,708,800
Defence Supers killed: 1,004,092,379
Spy Killers killed: 301,726,911
Spies Killed: 1,223,520,310
Total: 3,357,793,016

Raiders lost: 5,324,560
Guards lost: 14,223,773
Super Soldiers lost: 907,918,161
Super Guards lost: 654,870,558
Undercover Agents lost: 411,831,764
Assassin lost: 269,766,078
Total: 2,263,934,894
Jack
Evil Reincarnated
Alliance: The Empire
Race: Dragonborn
ID: 6475

xDaku wrote:
Dovahkiin wrote:If you don't like it, tough, there's not a goddamned thing you can't do about it. Go ahead, prove me wrong, I dare ya.

Now, isn't that the attitude that brings about mod bias arguments in the first place? :roll:

Don't you know? I AM bias m8~
Ya'll acting like you know what monster is
Me have 25 years in the monster biz
All monsters think you can fuss with this
Well you can talk to me Snuffleupagus
Me sneak into your house, me leave before dawn
Your daughters will be pregnant and your cookies will be gone
Malx wrote:Make kids not cancer!
xDaku
Forum Addict

I've heard some scary tales being told around fireplaces at night, never knew they were true. :P
Spoiler
E
MEZZANINE wrote:
Oooo I like higher math

E=Mc2*SGW = ( ( U = A*S*S ) + ( JT + $$$ + E*G*O ) ) + ( FS = AWESOME + Infinity ). Therefor FS -> DDE :D
get closer to the sink
Spoiler
Mezzanine wrote:Picture a hot summers day, sitting on the grass ( maybe smoking it too lol ), sun shining, cool breeze, cold beer, beautiful lady, perfect Serenity

Now picture your worst nightmare, the grass turned into trenches of mud, rain drenching you, ice winds, down to rations, surrounded by death and destruction

Turning your dreams into nightmares is what we do, heed this warning and pass it on, else you will forget your serenity forever

Spoiler

Psyko
The Irresistible

xDaku wrote:

Stop using misnomers. He said nothing which shows any bias. [BoT]Jack is simply not polite when it comes to giving his opinion. That has absolutely nothing to do with bias, as he does this consistently.

The members of this forum who like to scream bias need to learn what it means and make accusations which include proof of said moderator being bias (partial to one thing over another). Jack's not biased; he's the Grouchy of the group.
愛美
Section Admin of
General and the GC
xDaku
Forum Addict

Psyko wrote:
xDaku wrote:

Stop using misnomers. He said nothing which shows any bias. [BoT]Jack is simply not polite when it comes to giving his opinion. That has absolutely nothing to do with bias, as he does this consistently.

The members of this forum who like to scream bias need to learn what it means and make accusations which include proof of said moderator being bias (partial to one thing over another). Jack's not biased; he's the Grouchy of the group.

I was kidding, relax. Lol. I wasn't screaming bias, it was just a bit of satire. That attitude doesn't help the image much. Fact. Jack is like that. Fact.
Spoiler
E
MEZZANINE wrote:
Oooo I like higher math

get closer to the sink
Spoiler

Spoiler

Psyko
The Irresistible

xDaku wrote:
Psyko wrote:
xDaku wrote:

I was kidding, relax. Lol. I wasn't screaming bias, it was just a bit of satire. That attitude doesn't help the image much. Fact. Jack is like that. Fact.

Didn't mean to sound upset. :P I'm just hoping/dreaming that one day the chasm between users and mods gets filled in.
愛美
Section Admin of
General and the GC
xDaku
Forum Addict

I doubt that's happening, it's a part of the forums just like the 'View new posts' button is :P
Spoiler
E
MEZZANINE wrote:
Oooo I like higher math

get closer to the sink
Spoiler

Spoiler

Drought
Forum Expert

xDaku wrote:I doubt that's happening, it's a part of the forums just like the 'View new posts' button is :P

uhu, besides, this place would get pretty damn boring without it. :-D
all those hissy fits mods and users get occasionally, it wouldnt be the same without them
a very bad hairdo
Zeratul
Elder Administrator
Alliance: Lucian Alliance
Race: Templar
ID: 7
Alternate name(s): Hrefna
Reitha

Honours and Awards

*picks up and throws a hissy fit at duck dodgers*

Catch!

*grins*

It is indeed something that is unlikely to go away.
"Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the gods, Browsers shall be changed to carry the internet out amongst the peoples and we will spread Firefox to all the unbelievers. The power of the Firefox will be felt far and wide and the wicked users of IE shall be converted to use the true browsers."

Curious about our color? Feel free to ask...
Drought
Forum Expert

I think the correct term would be: *throws a fib a zeratul*

:P
a very bad hairdo
Zeratul
Elder Administrator
Alliance: Lucian Alliance
Race: Templar
ID: 7
Alternate name(s): Hrefna
Reitha

Honours and Awards

*catches*

*eats*

hmm... tastes like chicken...

Did you steal it from Hidden?
"Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the gods, Browsers shall be changed to carry the internet out amongst the peoples and we will spread Firefox to all the unbelievers. The power of the Firefox will be felt far and wide and the wicked users of IE shall be converted to use the true browsers."

Curious about our color? Feel free to ask...

Return to “Forum & Mod Feedback”