Should an ID list be against the rules?

for FORUM issues, complaints, requests, bugs, etc - - not game related...

Should posting ID pairs and lists be against forum rules?

No
38%
Yes
62%

Total votes: 21
Jack_
Forum Newbie
ID: 0

Re: Should an ID list be against the rules?

Clarkey wrote:So answer me this, what is the difference between people not wanting others to post the link between their main and ascended accounts, and you not wanting people to know your true identity and therefore revealing who you are ingame? What is the difference and how do you feel that you are above the rest to expect people to be allowed to reveal ingame ID links when you are too damn scared to reveal yourself to everyone?

The difference is; Anyone can create alias forum accounts so that they can state their HONEST opinion on issues without being punished for doing so by those that may not like it. And it is UNFAIR that some players have access to vast information (ID lists) while others do not. And those that have that unfair access almost certainly did not earn it (by god-questing 8000 players themselves), instead they get it by joining the huge warmongering alliances and befriending big, powerful bad-asses. That's unfair! And that's the difference, Mr. Clarkey.
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

How is making friends unfair, Jack?
I could see that being true for some people (oi veh, who would want to inflict someone like .. on others), but in general, that is a twisted way of viewing human relations.

So yeah. No. Wrong answer. Beep.
Clarkey
Multi Hunter

Honours and Awards

Jack wrote:
Clarkey wrote:So answer me this, what is the difference between people not wanting others to post the link between their main and ascended accounts, and you not wanting people to know your true identity and therefore revealing who you are ingame? What is the difference and how do you feel that you are above the rest to expect people to be allowed to reveal ingame ID links when you are too damn scared to reveal yourself to everyone?

The difference is; Anyone can create alias forum accounts so that they can state their HONEST opinion on issues without being punished for doing so by those that may not like it. And it is UNFAIR that some players have access to vast information (ID lists) while others do not. And those that have that unfair access almost certainly did not earn it (by god-questing 8000 players themselves), instead they get it by joining the huge warmongering alliances and befriending big, powerful bad-asses. That's unfair! And that's the difference, Mr. Clarkey.

I'm sorry Jack but where do you think such ID lists originated from? You say they almost certainly did not earn it. I have a list of 1000+ IDs that I earned by God Questing them myself. I earned it, just like others have done. If I have earned that list myself then I have every right in the world to do what I want with it, and if that means give it to friends then so be it.

You say it is unfair that some people have access to such lists, no, it would only be unfair if admin gave it to them and no-one else. The way people have obtained ID lists whether it be by god questing themselves, by making friends with the right people, or by buying the lists for resources it is not unfair. What IS unfair is if people post such lists on the forums for all to see because lazy people such as yourself can't be bothered to go about getting such lists any other way.

Jack if you are so eager to have an ID list on the forum, why don't you start by giving us your ID? Not the ID for "Jack" as we know this is a forum account just to hide yourself, but seeing as you are trying to drag every ascended player out in to the open why don't you start with dragging yourself in to the open?

No? As I said earlier, you are the biggest hypocrite who has no substantial argument. You are starting to look like you are someone who has been affected ingame by those that have access to such a list and you hid your identity by creating a new forum account to start a list on the forums in an attempt to take that away from those that have access to the lists. An extremely selfish and childish act, one that has made you look very stupid on these forums, and now I completely understand why you are "ashamed" to reveal who you truely are, and it is not because of what might happen to you ingame but it is because you are scared of the impression people will have upon you when they realise who you really are. I suggest you keep yourself hidden so that you don't appear even more pathetic than you do right now.
Image ImageImageImage
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

Come now, no reason to get personal.
xDaku
Forum Addict
Alliance: Forgotten Serenity - leader
ID: 27858

He's not completely wrong, most people have their ascended ID lists from other alliances. Lol.
Spoiler
Easy^ wrote: I am sorry if my shadow is too awesome for you to stand in.
E
MEZZANINE wrote:
Oooo I like higher math

E=Mc2*SGW = ( ( U = A*S*S ) + ( JT + $$$ + E*G*O ) ) + ( FS = AWESOME + Infinity ). Therefor FS -> DDE :D
Yyith wrote:Yyith says:
thats why women have small feet
get closer to the sink
Spoiler
Mezzanine wrote:Picture a hot summers day, sitting on the grass ( maybe smoking it too lol ), sun shining, cool breeze, cold beer, beautiful lady, perfect Serenity

Now picture your worst nightmare, the grass turned into trenches of mud, rain drenching you, ice winds, down to rations, surrounded by death and destruction

Turning your dreams into nightmares is what we do, heed this warning and pass it on, else you will forget your serenity forever

Blood in 2012 - Updated 1st Sep, 2012:
Spoiler
Attack Soldiers killed: 32,934,122
Defence Soldiers killed: 17,810,494
Attack Supers killed: 777,708,800
Defence Supers killed: 1,004,092,379
Spy Killers killed: 301,726,911
Spies Killed: 1,223,520,310
Total: 3,357,793,016

Raiders lost: 5,324,560
Guards lost: 14,223,773
Super Soldiers lost: 907,918,161
Super Guards lost: 654,870,558
Undercover Agents lost: 411,831,764
Assassin lost: 269,766,078
Total: 2,263,934,894
Game Over
Forum Elite

Sorry, i earned the right to have an ID list...I don't remember how many people I had to god quest, but it was a lot....That's one benefit of joining an established alliance. It's not hard as Clarkey said to make your own list. Stop being lazy and put the work in.
Drought
Forum Expert

Jack wrote:we have secret ID lists hidden and shared by the more powerful and connected players who prefer to hoard their knowledge and information out of self-interest.

The choice seems like a no-brainer to me. (but come to think of it, so many on this forum are just that; no-brainers!)

I would imagine it takes huge investments to obtain and maintain all IDs that have come and gone over the years, giving it away does not realy sound like a stratigcal move for something that will be used in wars

And I have to say you are awfull friendly for the many of the no brainers on this forum, as you call them.
a very bad hairdo

Return to “Forum Specific Issues/Requests/Bugs (NOT GAME ISSUES)”