The "downfall of hats". Why?

Legendary Apophis
Forum History
Alliance: Generations
Race: System Lord
ID: 7889
Alternate name(s): Apophis the Great

The "downfall of hats". Why?

It isn't really a source-backed thread, but mainly a witnessing by myself (comparing archives/movies of first half XXth versus the latter part of XXth), leading me to a question, why do you think hats faced a "downfall" over the latter part of the XXth century?
I don't include things like "baseball caps" in this, I mean "real" hats (Stetson, Panama etc...).

[spoiler]I also ask this because I decided to go against the global situation and bought myself a "real" hat. Which I will wear. :-D[/spoiler]
Spoiler

Incarnate - LG - LG1 - LG2 - LG3 - LG4 - AG - EAG ~ AGoL - Completed
Spoiler
<Dmonix> Damnit Jim how come every conversation with you always ends up discussing something deep and meaningful?
<Dmonix> We always end up discussing male/female differences or politics or football
<Dmonix> All the really important issues in life
Legendary Apophis
Forum History

Re: The "downfall of hats". Why?

Eärendil wrote:Ball caps are tall that matter.

That illustrated quite well what I said/witnessed, but that didn't answer my question though.
Spoiler

Spoiler
<Dmonix> Damnit Jim how come every conversation with you always ends up discussing something deep and meaningful?
<Dmonix> We always end up discussing male/female differences or politics or football
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

Since 2008, hats are being sold in higher quantities again. You are a bit late with hopping on the trend-wagon.. ;)

Before then (1990-2005), hats were associated with criminals. Before then (1965-1990), they were associated with the establishment.
Legendary Apophis
Forum History

ربهالنوع wrote:Since 2008, hats are being sold in higher quantities again. You are a bit late with hopping on the trend-wagon.. ;)

Before then (1990-2005), hats were associated with criminals. Before then (1965-1990), they were associated with the establishment.

I am late indeed, noticed some current singers (and other kind of "celebrities" but also randomers) wearing them. :lol: Few years it was on my mind to get one.

Regarding bolded part, well, that is one of the stereotypes that led me to buy one. 8-[

SuperSaiyan wrote:I wear a leather fedora on occasion.
Typically, I do not leave the house without a hat, be it a "baseball" hat or something else.

Fedora hat. *searches google*
Lol, that's what I bought!
Last edited by Legendary Apophis on Wed Feb 15, 2012 11:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Spoiler

Spoiler
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

SuperSaiyan wrote:
Eärendil wrote:@ SS. I can wear a hat at work, if it's approved. At my last job, the same applied, but it was working outside.
I'm talking about more business focused things, you don't see someone in a suit wearing a vikings hat to work.
You say that now. *grin* I have seen whole new kinds of crazy.
minisaiyan
Forum Addict
Race: DieHard
Alternate name(s): CJL
Hatebreeder
Aesthetics of Hate

yeah
Drought
Forum Expert
ID: 0

SuperSaiyan wrote:
Eärendil wrote:@ SS. I can wear a hat at work, if it's approved. At my last job, the same applied, but it was working outside.

I'm talking about more business focused things, you don't see someone in a suit wearing a vikings hat to work.

I dont know why, but zeratul suddenly comes to mind :-D

On the topic question, I think it simply had gone out of style.
As with other past fashion related trends, many will undergo short lived comebacks.
a very bad hairdo
Jack
Evil Reincarnated
Alliance: The Empire
Race: Dragonborn
ID: 6475

Baseball hats are real hats and I wear one all the time.

Ya'll acting like you know what monster is
Me have 25 years in the monster biz
All monsters think you can fuss with this
Well you can talk to me Snuffleupagus
Me sneak into your house, me leave before dawn
Your daughters will be pregnant and your cookies will be gone
Malx wrote:Make kids not cancer!
ƒëmmë
Forum Elite
Alternate name(s): ƒëmmë ƒatalë
temptress
cleo_catra

same reasons dorsets, petticoats, gloves etc are no longer common..

hats did make a bit of a comeback in Aus in the 90's when everyone was on about the ozone layer having holes, but they have dropped out again middle of summer here and apart from caps (also on decline) there are very rare hats to be seen anywhere.
To fight and conquer in all your battles is not supreme excellence;
supreme excellence consists in breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting.
-Sun Tzu, the Art of War
31/07/2012 6:13:16 AM Hope Light ID's mean nothing imo if you can back yourself up.
31/07/2012 6:13:22 AM Hope Light only **Filtered** hide them.
Be careful who you trust, even the devil was once an angel
veritas vos liberabit
Forums own rules
http://stargatewars.herebegames.com/vie ... 7#p2510387
Spoiler
Section Admins - who will be 'in charge' of the section in question. They will be responsible for the overall feel of the section, the setup/structure, and most importantly the community/users in the section. This will incorporate the old 'ombudsman' role. And insofar as the Section Admin is responsible for the users, they are also responsible for the high level mod behaviour towards the users.
So -as a user - if you have an issue with how you are treated, rules, bans, whatever --goto the section admin... They are there for you!

There is no 'reporting structure' in this setup -- tech, mod, and section admins are all on equal footing, each with their own (somewhat overlapping) responsibilities.
Mods report directly to the mod admin, and indirectly to the section admin for the section in which they mod.

Return to “General intelligent discussion topics”