Complaint against Haz

Ombudsman Case Archives
Field Marshall
Forum Zombie

Complaint against Haz

Haz wrote:
Field Marshall wrote:
Haz wrote:The following is a warning which has been issued to you by an administrator or moderator of this site.
This is a warning regarding the following post made by you: viewtopic.php?f=124&p=2430499#p2430499 .

"FERME LA BOUCHÉ...didn't say you spoke French....but you ARE French by default...

Viva La Resistance! :smt117

GOOOOOO ROBERT :smt060 :smt060 :smt060 :smt060 :smt060 smash this coqnose..."

Section 5: Language
b. Profanity
The use of all profanity on the SGW forums is prohibited at all times. This means swearing, cursing, and vulgarity. This includes the use of masking. Profanity in images (such as in signatures), videos linked (such as YouTube), or in articles linked is also prohibited.

Note:
Masking is using characters, HTML tags, or anything else to express a word that would otherwise be filtered; in other words, it's bypassing the filter. Profanity not a part of the main focus of the page being linked (such as advertisements or comments) will not be policed as they can change quickly and easily.

Consequence:
When only minor profanity is used, only a Verbal Warning may be issued. In all other cases a Board Warning will be issued. In the case of Masking a Board Warning will always be issued.

Ok Haz, you are getting silly with this mate...what's up? Please inform me exactly what I have done. There is nothing justified in this whatsoever.

Please refrain from using different languages?

Viva la resistancé has been changed to an English term due to it's popularity during WW2. Ok, maybe the "ferme la bouche" comment, but it is very basic French and more of a joke.

If the warning is not revoked I am planning on taking it to the ombudsman because that is completely ridiculous...so please consider that.

Board warning was for profanity, not using a foreign language. Your use of the term "coqnose".

Verbal warning was for "ferme la bouche". It doesn't matter how basic it may be. And I chose to remove "viva la revolution" at the same time to save from any drama later, as some users would probably complain that I left some there.

Ok, so I am being verbally warned for using a French term and also being given a warning for profanity for a French word.

This is ridiculous, in what way does the word coq nose relate to profanity?

Juliette, tell this moron of an uncultured American fool where to go. A board warning for this is unreasonable and no application of common sense has been applied in the slightest, you can't warn for one thing and then applier harsher warnings for another thing. It's contradictory and evidence of somebody who is looking for reasons to vindicate somebody for something so small.

I have seen far worse ignored. This is showing biased contempt for myself, I am not the only person that this has happened to. I have been board warned in the past for something and another player who used to be a mod said the same thing. He did not get warned.

Sure, i'm a bit feisty and aggressive on these forums but c'mon, this is stupid...
Sol wrote:
Field Marshall wrote:
Sol wrote:It's not going to destroy your life :P
Really?

I think this is sig worthy in fact.
:o my first sigging. I sigged you too. <3
High Empty wrote:however people shouldn't have lvl 33 and 200mil spies and try to be in the top 10, it's unhealthy.
~wolverine~
Forum Addict
ID: 0

Re: Complaint against Haz

Ce thread est un tas d'ordures

sorry had to be done
The Doctor
Time Lord
Race: Time Lord

Honours and Awards

Field Marshall wrote:Ok, so I am being verbally warned for using a French term and also being given a warning for profanity for a French word.

This is ridiculous, in what way does the word coq nose relate to profanity?

I saw it as you using the word "**Filtered** nose" (which I've heard being used as an insult a few times). The warning for profanity was not for a French word, but for an English word. However, even if it were for a french word, a quick search shows me that coq translates from French to **Filtered** in English.

Field Marshall wrote:Juliette, tell this moron of an uncultured American fool where to go. A board warning for this is unreasonable and no application of common sense has been applied in the slightest, you can't warn for one thing and then applier harsher warnings for another thing. It's contradictory and evidence of somebody who is looking for reasons to vindicate somebody for something so small.

No need for insults. If you disagree with my warning(s), appeal. But no need to insult me.

As mentioned before, the board warning was for the masking of coq nose. The verbal was for the use of a french term. I did this so you wouldn't think you were being board warned for using the french term as well (which would have been OTT for a first occurence).

It has been pointed out that I may have been unclear on what was being warned for, so I'll clarify that now.

Verbal

Board Warning
"FERME LA BOUCHÉ...didn't say you spoke French....but you ARE French by default...

Viva La Resistance! :smt117

GOOOOOO ROBERT :smt060 :smt060 :smt060 :smt060 :smt060 smash this coqnose..."

Field Marshall wrote:I have seen far worse ignored. This is showing biased contempt for myself, I am not the only person that this has happened to. I have been board warned in the past for something and another player who used to be a mod said the same thing. He did not get warned.

Feel free to report a post if you believe it breaks a rule. There is a "Notify me" option which informs you via email when your report is dealt with. If you believe it hasn't been dealt with appropriately by the mod (the email contains who closed the report/dealt with the post) you can then report them to their Section Leader, who can investigate.

Also, please don't start with the calls of bias. I didn't even look at your username before giving the warnings, nor do I care what alliance someone is in, or who they are when I warn them.

Off Topic:
I've even warned a few users within my own alliance. Would a biased mod warn their own alliance?
Formerly known as Haz

Nine out of ten doctors recommend going to an amusement park this weekend.
The Tenth Doctor doesn't want to go.
Spoiler
CC Leader: n haz thsi time it wasnt ur fault
Bralor wrote:hey haz how long do you estimate until someone blames you and masses HVE again?
Field Marshall wrote:On a seperate issue - where is Haz? He's the glue we really need right now!
SuperSaiyan wrote:I'm a staff member so naturally I'm used to unjustified abusive commentary, so really I don't mind ;)
Zeratul wrote:
Ĕɱƿŷ wrote:So I heard that when becoming a moderator you are subjected to hours and hours of "The Forum is good, the Forum is great, we surrender our will as of this date".

that is incorrect... nothing resembling prostration...

Forced labor on the other hand........ :sge
SuperSaiyan says (2:04 PM):
*that was kernal potter
*colonel
*wow I just made that typo

SuperSaiyan says (2:05 PM):
*no one will speak of this
*or I take muff's veggies away
*and he starves
Hope says (2:59 AM):
*hypothetically, how bad would it be if i descended someone... but forgot to Godquest them first, and they're active, and in an active alliance...
Hope says (3:00 AM):
*hypothetically...
Murris says (3:00 AM):
*ah **Filtered** why am i descended....
Angnoch Freddie says:
i hate being a mod...
i just wanted the blue color XD
Drahazar
Forum Elite
Alliance: Judgement
Race: Divine
ID: 1957053
Alternate name(s): Drahazar - Eternal FS Leader
Drahazar - Leader of "The Original Collective"

viva la resistance, se battre pour ce qui est juste, vers le bas avec la démocratie....

ok i may have gotten a little carried away ...
Spoiler
~wolverine~
Forum Addict

Drahazar wrote:viva la resistance, se battre pour ce qui est juste, vers le bas avec la démocratie....

ok i may have gotten a little carried away ...

Leck mich am Arsch!
Drahazar
Forum Elite

Sie sprechen Deutsch, ahhh in that case ... Sie riechen wie Kot
Spoiler
The Doctor
Time Lord

Honours and Awards

OK guys, enough, you do know the ombudsman can warn you also within their section? If you're gonna post, make sure its something that contributes to the topic at hand.
Formerly known as Haz

Spoiler
Bralor wrote:hey haz how long do you estimate until someone blames you and masses HVE again?
Field Marshall wrote:On a seperate issue - where is Haz? He's the glue we really need right now!
SuperSaiyan wrote:I'm a staff member so naturally I'm used to unjustified abusive commentary, so really I don't mind ;)
Zeratul wrote:
Ĕɱƿŷ wrote:So I heard that when becoming a moderator you are subjected to hours and hours of "The Forum is good, the Forum is great, we surrender our will as of this date".

*that was kernal potter
*colonel

*and he starves
*hypothetically, how bad would it be if i descended someone... but forgot to Godquest them first, and they're active, and in an active alliance...
*hypothetically...
Angnoch Freddie says:
i hate being a mod...
Quina Quen
Forum Addict
Alternate name(s): Diamond Dust

I was pretty certain that the word coq usually refers to a bird, just as it does in English when not used as a derogative word. So unless it can be definitively proven that it was used as an expletive, I call horse crap on this one.

[spoiler]Collaborative Dictionary French-English
coq
nm.
**Filtered**

coq nain
nm.
bantam **Filtered**

coq faisan
nm.
**Filtered** pheasant

coq de roche
nm.
**Filtered** of the rock

coq de combat
nm.
fighting **Filtered**

coq de bruyère
nm.
grouse

coq au vin
nm.
coq au vin

passer du coq à l'âne
vi.
jump from one subject to another

sauter du coq à l'âne
vi.

comme un coq en pâte
adv.
in clover

poids coq
nm.
bantamweight

catégorie super coq
nf.
super-bantamweight category

au chant du coq
adv.
at cockcrow

poids super coq
nm.
super bantamweight

mollet de coq
nm.
wiry leg

dt coq
nm.
diphtheria, pertussis, tetanus

crête de coq
nf.
cockscomb

coq-à-l'âne
nm.
abrupt change of subject

poids coqs
nm.
bantamweight

poids super coqs
nm.
super bantamweight

combat de coqs
nm.
**Filtered** fight

» View all results
'coq' also found in translations in English-French dictionary
alectryon
n.
coq

rooster
n.
coq

bantamweight
n.
poids coq

gamecock
n.
coq de combat

cockscomb
n.
crête de coq

cockfighting
npl.
combats de coqs

cockfight
n.
combat de coqs

cockerel
n.
jeune coq

**Filtered**
n.
1) coq, 2) robinet [TECH][/spoiler]
Last edited by Quina Quen on Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:09 am, edited 2 times in total.
The ascended entity formerly known as Diamond Dust
~wolverine~
Forum Addict

Haz wrote:OK guys, enough, you do know the ombudsman can warn you also within their section? If you're gonna post, make sure its something that contributes to the topic at hand.

ich habe keine angst

drahazar, wie gehts?
The Doctor
Time Lord

Honours and Awards

General Riviera wrote:I was pretty certain that the word coq refers to a bird, just as it does in English when not used as a derogative word.

[spoiler]Collaborative Dictionary French-English
coq
nm.
**Filtered**

coq nain
nm.
bantam **Filtered**

coq faisan
nm.
**Filtered** pheasant

coq de roche
nm.
**Filtered** of the rock

coq de combat
nm.
fighting **Filtered**

coq de bruyère
nm.
grouse

coq au vin
nm.
coq au vin

passer du coq à l'âne
vi.

sauter du coq à l'âne
vi.

comme un coq en pâte
adv.
in clover

poids coq
nm.
bantamweight

catégorie super coq
nf.
super-bantamweight category

au chant du coq
adv.
at cockcrow

poids super coq
nm.
super bantamweight

mollet de coq
nm.
wiry leg

dt coq
nm.
diphtheria, pertussis, tetanus

crête de coq
nf.
cockscomb

coq-à-l'âne
nm.
abrupt change of subject

poids coqs
nm.
bantamweight

poids super coqs
nm.
super bantamweight

combat de coqs
nm.
**Filtered** fight

» View all results
'coq' also found in translations in English-French dictionary
alectryon
n.
coq

rooster
n.
coq

bantamweight
n.
poids coq

gamecock
n.
coq de combat

cockscomb
n.
crête de coq

cockfighting
npl.
combats de coqs

cockfight
n.
combat de coqs

cockerel
n.
jeune coq

**Filtered**
n.
1) coq, 2) robinet [TECH][/spoiler]

Did you notice how many times "**Filtered**" came up?
Formerly known as Haz

Spoiler
Zeratul wrote:

*that was kernal potter
*colonel

*and he starves
*hypothetically...
Angnoch Freddie says:
i hate being a mod...
Quina Quen
Forum Addict

No I cocking didn't.
Drahazar
Forum Elite

Haz wrote:OK guys, enough, you do know the ombudsman can warn you also within their section? If you're gonna post, make sure its something that contributes to the topic at hand.

dies ist Stier!!!!

Wolve, Mir geht es gut danke dir, wie du sein?
Spoiler
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

1. 'nez de coq' is a well known French comedic item. Cultural unawareness is no valid reason to back up a warning.
2. 'coqnose' is an intentional change in spelling to prevent using more French (which, as you so elegantly demonstrated, is against the rules), and says 'nez de coq', see 1.
3. The only correct translation for the French word 'coq' is 'rooster'. The phonetic similarity to the English slang is undesirable, but an unfortunate coincidence. Blame William of Normandy, if you must.
4. The verbal warning for 'fermez ta bouche' is extremely valid. In this case, non-English is used without translation.

Also:
Behave. Any non-English without translation hereafter will be awarded a warning.
Quina Quen
Forum Addict

iz dis class az non-english wen a typ lyk dis?
~wolverine~
Forum Addict

T-X wrote:1. 'nez de coq' is a well known French comedic item. Cultural unawareness is no valid reason to back up a warning.
2. 'coqnose' is an intentional change in spelling to prevent using more French (which, as you so elegantly demonstrated, is against the rules), and says 'nez de coq', see 1.
3. The only correct translation for the French word 'coq' is 'rooster'. The phonetic similarity to the English slang is undesirable, but an unfortunate coincidence. Blame William of Normandy, if you must.
4. The verbal warning for 'fermez ta bouche' is extremely valid. In this case, non-English is used without translation.

Also:
Behave. Any non-English without translation hereafter will be awarded a warning.

cava?

Return to “Case Archives”