Earth's Future

Noobert
Sedin Triplet
Alliance: Mayhem
Race: A Canuck
ID: 57572

Earth's Future

I wanted to post here, in hopes to see what other people think of the direction the world is currently heading.

My personal opinion is that we will eventually either do one of the following:

1) We will make this planet unlivable due to the amount of pollution, and waste of resources our ever growing population is consuming for pathetic needs.

2) We will end up fighting over the last of the resources in the world, causing World War 3 to become a reality.

3) We will finally realize that we are destroying this planet with each year, and do something about it and stop focusing upon petty things and focus on doing things for the greater good of the planet.

4) We will focus all of our efforts back into space to explore, colonize, and procure resources for our planet instead of monopolizing everything on the earth.

Mind you when I speak of these four topics it is a very distant future, but I believe these to be a very real outcome if something is not done.

Personally though..I dislike most of humanity now because we are lazy, greedy, arrogant, pathetic, cowardly, wasteful, and stupid. Very few people now a days do anything for themselves anymore. They need everything to be spoon fed to them.

I tell people I read books, and they go "LOL, YOU READ? HAHAHA, LOSER!"

..I mean, really? If this is our future - please kill me now.
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

Re: Earth's Future

I think we will do all of those things you listed, Noobert, and in that exact order.
Then, after stage 4, we will do the same to our 'stellar empire', and go 1, 2, 3, 4 again to other star systems, and the same thing happens all over again. Always with the survival crisis as a turning point; if the wrong people are killed in the global / stellar war, humanity will fall into chaos and back to a Dark Age, with the ruins of the Golden Age of technology all around it.

You know how I know the above? Bacteria do this, reproduce and consume, until there comes along a famine, in which the bacteria turn cannibalistic, the strongest adapt and survive, escape from their petri dish (or find an alternative food source), and they start reproducing again like madmen.
All life is cyclical, and humans are just another organism going through the motions. ;)
Jack
Evil Reincarnated
Alliance: The Empire
Race: Dragonborn
ID: 6475

I'm going to burn it, all of it. Nothing will be left, not even the oceans.
Ya'll acting like you know what monster is
Me have 25 years in the monster biz
All monsters think you can fuss with this
Well you can talk to me Snuffleupagus
Me sneak into your house, me leave before dawn
Your daughters will be pregnant and your cookies will be gone
Malx wrote:Make kids not cancer!
Juliette
Verified
The Queen

Addition to previous analogue, there's always an amoeba somewhere with delusions of grandeur. :D They are usually isolated and not in a position to effect their publicly expressed desires of chaos and mayhem, and when they act on their desires, the population terminates them.

Dovahkiin wrote:I'm going to burn it, all of it. Nothing will be left, not even the oceans.

We really should let humanity be controlled by a big badass AI.
(Anyone read the Halo story of the super-AIs? Those things can plan ahead!)
Clarkey
Multi Hunter
ID: 0

Honours and Awards

#3 will never happen, this planet is full of too many morons that think they are "in-charge" of this world.

I'm just glad I won't be around to see the sad fate of this "once" beautiful planet.
Image ImageImageImage
Lithium
Forum Zombie
Alliance: The Pirate's Panties
Race: Pirate

Noobert wrote:I wanted to post here, in hopes to see what other people think of the direction the world is currently heading.

1) We will make this planet unlivable due to the amount of pollution, and waste of resources our ever growing population is consuming for pathetic needs.
wrong there will be population clean-up , FEMA style

2) We will end up fighting over the last of the resources in the world, causing World War 3 to become a reality.
wrong a minority will erase the majority thro viruses

3) We will finally realize that we are destroying this planet with each year, and do something about it and stop focusing upon petty things and focus on doing things for the greater good of the planet.
read Georgia Stonehenge what it says

4) We will focus all of our efforts back into space to explore, colonize, and procure resources for our planet instead of monopolizing everything on the earth.
we cant , atm man can only travel 360miles from earth, then the shooting stars effect appears. maybe once we figure out to have some kind of shields in the ships

Mind you when I speak of these four topics it is a very distant future, but I believe these to be a very real outcome if something is not done.

Personally though..I dislike most of humanity now because we are lazy, greedy, arrogant, pathetic, cowardly, wasteful, and stupid. Very few people now a days do anything for themselves anymore. They need everything to be spoon fed to them.

we were born pure in spirit and then the evil raise inside, its our society model that destroys everything.

coments wit red ;)
Last edited by Lithium on Thu Mar 22, 2012 4:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Previously on GateWars Forum
The orgin of Guild
Spoiler
Lithium wrote:he was talkin bout me and remembering the days i was massing him wit one finger ;)
Guild wrote:is that the same finger you stick up your bum ? :smt060
Lithium wrote:no its the one who gave u life ;)
Field Marshall wrote:Lith put his finger up his bum and Guild arrived? :smt017
I wish that was genuinely true :)
Lithium wrote:oooo why there isnt any emo for this one , id have dropped of chair dead :smt042
MajorLeeHurts wrote:
Lithium wrote:oooo why there isnt any emo for this one , id have dropped of chair dead :smt042
Agreed that was the funnies **Filtered** ive read here!
Im sure JT is enjoying this thread , if he isnt hes in a coma !
Feedback Me
http://stargatewars.herebegames.com/vie ... 8&t=101259
MEZZANINE
Forum Addict
Alliance: Forgotten Serenity
Race: System Lord
ID: 81691

Noobert wrote:I wanted to post here, in hopes to see what other people think of the direction the world is currently heading.

1) Very likely given the current unsustainable consumption and population

2) Already happening, the nuclear capable nations are pretty safe due to the deterrent, but non-Nuke nations with resources are already being targeted and this will escalate as resources become more scarce.

3) lol we already know it, but we still dont fix it because fixing it means giving up the things we want. People are generally to selfish and greedy to do whats right.

4) Space colonisation is a wonderful fantasy that will never happen, it would take vast resources to set up a viable colony, that colony would never benefit those that had to pay for it, and it would be far far cheaper to colonise under the oceans or make currently uninhabitable parts of this planet habitable.

I likes ya to much to kill you, just be glad our generation will be long gone by the time the crap fully hits the fan and enjoy the time we have lol

Nature might yet find a solution, viruses, natural disasters etc could potentially cull the human population to a sustainable level, terrible for the people who die/suffer in the short term, but best for the species/planet in the long term.

Spoiler
Attack Mercs Killed (30) 459,329,001
Defence Mercs Killed (10) 2,918,478,517
Attack Soldiers Killed(60) 12,677,958
Defence Soldiers Killed(20) 226,236,488
Attack Super Soldiers Killed(300) 490,627,262
Defence Super Soldiers Killed(100) 4,131,482,551
Spies Killed(50) 4,256,505,842
Spy Killers Killed(50) 651,022,448
Mothership Weapons Destroyed(300) 35,583,034
Mothership Shields Destroyed(300) 39,498,511
Mothership Fleets Destroyed(200) 2,413,254
Planet Defences Destroyed(300) 358,539
Planets Taken(5000) 411
Naquadah Stolen(0.0001) 2,355,738,435,154,805
Untrained Kidnapped(50) 5,943,886,456
Weapon Points Destroyed (Sab+Att)(0.0001) 74,293,522,376,607
Attack Turns Used(1) 1,731,971
jedi~tank
Forum Zombie

Read the book of Daniel and the book of Revelation, its all there :-D and no you dont have to be religeous to get it. ;)

Nice topic .

"What I want to see is a tight knit group not a collection of people pulling in different directions"
Deni
Ashu
Michael Westen
Alliance: TAF
Race: Human
ID: 81691

Honours and Awards

The Apocalipse. The Biblical one.
Bias Admin colour
jedi~tank
Forum Zombie

The biblical apacolypse is not just an event that some would interpret or portray it to be, which is why I suggested read the book Daniel and Revelation...the apacolypse is the coronation, or culmination of the consequences of human choices throughout the ages combined with the natural evolution ( for lack of a better term) of the planet.

"What I want to see is a tight knit group not a collection of people pulling in different directions"
Deni
Noobert
Sedin Triplet
Alliance: Mayhem
Race: A Canuck
ID: 57572

Eventually, if things continue to get easier to acquire people will only become lazier and stupider as we have now.

Apparently "enjoying nature" makes me a "fag" as well.
Apparently because I dislike drinking, and partying or picking up women I am a "loser" or an "idiot".

I just have to say "Where all da smart people at y0?"
Psyko
The Irresistible

Noobert wrote:Eventually, if things continue to get easier to acquire people will only become lazier and stupider as we have now.

Apparently because I dislike drinking, and partying or picking up women I am a "loser" or an "idiot".

Not the interwebz.
愛美
Section Admin of
General and the GC
Juliette
Verified
The Queen

Noobert wrote:I just have to say "Where all da smart people at y0?"
lolwut *attacks Noobert with the lid of a dustbin* Waaagh!
[KMA]Avenger
Forum Zombie
Location: Borehamwood Elstree, England, 2 mins from George Lucas Studios.

Noobert wrote:Eventually, if things continue to get easier to acquire people will only become lazier and stupider as we have now.

Do your own thing...who cares what people think!?! take me for example, over the years i've had to put up with people who have assumed all kinds of things about me simply because of the things i speak about...water off a ducks back mate! i couldn't careless what people like Hitchkok, Thriller, sandman and others think of me. their opinions of me matter less to me than an ants!

I also enjoy nature, it's absolutely amazing! anyone who cannot see the shear beauty in all things natural needs their head examined.

Infinite Love Is the Only Truth: Everything Else Is Illusion.

-David Icke
jedi~tank
Forum Zombie

SuperSaiyan wrote:

you don't want to find the smart people, you want to find the wise ones :)

+1

Deni

Return to “General intelligent discussion topics”