Tournament 3: Deathmatch (no autoboot!)

For general discussion about the tournament, battles, vendettas and for requesting team members or requesting to be apart of a team.
Sol
Forum Addict
ID: 0

Re: Tournament 3: Deathmatch (no autoboot!)

Cersei Lannister wrote:
Sol wrote:
Cersei Lannister wrote:
Calibretto wrote:
Sol wrote:
Cersei Lannister wrote:
Sol wrote:
Calibretto wrote:
Cersei Lannister wrote:Seeing how the 'Top Ten' is basically a free-recon-fest, I do not believe there is much to be gained from watching this specific to Arenas.

Of course, I am completely in favour of extremely detailed Arena historical statistics. ;)
Well, I cant explain it in details very well, but I mean indeed statistics where the previous winners are listed; previous top3 or top10. Maybe a little less then extremely detailed, but detailed is ok :)
I could do that, but not now, no point really, we have only had a handful of tournaments...
Something like Quantum's Legends could work? :) http://quantumgate.gatewars.com/legends ... ntumVerses

:-D No need to reinvent a wheel. ;)
hmm...the problem is we anticipate that people will be demolished, and so there will be always little to no stats on anyone :P.

I just thought of something, like a sort of average tournament rank, pretty much adds your tournament ranks together, divides by how many tournaments you entered and sorts accordingly (including how many you actually entered, so it stops someone from just entering 1 tournament, getting rank 1 and just not entering any others).
So in essence it will display what you roughly get per each tournament, perhaps i could use the trapezoidal approximation instead...

We do already have an overall rank for the past games in kill history.
:smt060 :smt060...love it...on the other hand...I never was in the other tounaments :(
div-null error risk! :o
(Inverse rank 0 ) +1, ultimate div-null turn around :razz:
Boom, snap! I got mathed. [-X You are so evil. Keep it up, it leads to good things. :P

Should have seen me, I was running around the house screaming BOOM! HEAD-SHOT!
Field Marshall wrote:
Sol wrote:It's not going to destroy your life :P
Really?
I think this is sig worthy in fact.
Calibretto
Forum Expert
Alliance: TA
Race: back to drawingboard

:smt035 :smt119 :smt120
Naminef
Fledgling Forumer
Alliance: TDD
ID: 65625

Sol wrote:
Calibretto wrote:SoL, if you have the time, please create a top 10 of tournamentplayers as well, its fun.

:smt060

top 10 of what mate? most kills?

And thanks to all the thanks, much appreciated.

Most military kills / most assassin kills / most weapons sabbed / most kills

i do like the average idea though as long as you don't include a zero if someone has to skip a tourney.
Lore
Fountain of Wisdom
Alliance: The Dark Dominium Empire
Race: System Lord / AJNA
ID: 1928117

Honours and Awards

wardyward wrote:
Lore wrote:Ascended use to be a game a casual player could play, but that is quickly going away now. Casual players are dead meat in tournaments, have little chance to get a Demi at auction, and I don't know the odds of finding a Demi, since I still have not seen one. Maybe one day you will give everyone the same opportunity to have Demi's.

Its a tournament, casual players shouldn't enter into it, as you clearly stated it requires activity.

Cant wait for the next Arena, I enjoyed playing in this one.

I think you misunderstood what I was getting at. I am fine with the tournaments. Its great to see activity and growth. What I am against is those most active getting more bonuses handed specificly to them and them alone. They are the most active and need the bonuses the least. There are now 3 different ways that small group of players gets bonuses through constant activity where casual players get jack. Good way to force the casual player out of the game. I just think the casual player should have means to get Demi's same as the hyper active. Yes it should be easier for those who can work it, but not completely impossible for those who can't spend 8, 10, 12 hrs a day on a PC. JMO
schuesseled wrote:And Yes, If someone attacked me with a knife and I had a cannon I would shoot them with it.
Age old saying that, "Dont bring a knife to a gun fight"
Reason, youll get dead.
Guild
Forum Addict
Alliance: Retiring
Race: Draeden
ID: 1916018
Location: writing a booklet so people understand my humour :D

Lore wrote:
wardyward wrote:
Lore wrote:Ascended use to be a game a casual player could play, but that is quickly going away now. Casual players are dead meat in tournaments, have little chance to get a Demi at auction, and I don't know the odds of finding a Demi, since I still have not seen one. Maybe one day you will give everyone the same opportunity to have Demi's.

Its a tournament, casual players shouldn't enter into it, as you clearly stated it requires activity.

Cant wait for the next Arena, I enjoyed playing in this one.

I think you misunderstood what I was getting at. I am fine with the tournaments. Its great to see activity and growth. What I am against is those most active getting more bonuses handed specificly to them and them alone. They are the most active and need the bonuses the least. There are now 3 different ways that small group of players gets bonuses through constant activity where casual players get jack. Good way to force the casual player out of the game. I just think the casual player should have means to get Demi's same as the hyper active. Yes it should be easier for those who can work it, but not completely impossible for those who can't spend 8, 10, 12 hrs a day on a PC. JMO

the casual player can get demis all te same, through farming outside the tournement, you just cant expect people that cant afford to commit time, to be able to get the higher level'd demis.

unfair ... maybe but its unreasonable to say people that play less should have the same level of reward
Retired but still on a rampage
Spoiler
Rudy Peña wrote:Yea, OE is the the next FS in terms of snipers. We proud ourselves on it to the point we give out awards and see who can mass the most with a 0 def.
Drahazar wrote:Im happy to snipe anyone i want, why should i build any defences for you people
George Hazard wrote:FM is like a rite of passage for alliances.
You haven't truly made it to manhood until you've slept with the town prostitute.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
qacol
Forum Elite
ID: 1924338

I guess I broke a truce from Rico's and DDE in the Deathmatch, o-well I was taking a guy down with a 60+ trill attack who could destroy any of us........ It's called DEATHMATCH not hold my partners hand.

~Qacol~
Rico's and DDE---legend
Huxley
Forum Elder

qacol wrote:I guess I broke a truce from Rico's and DDE in the Deathmatch, o-well I was taking a guy down with a 60+ trill attack who could destroy any of us........ It's called DEATHMATCH not hold my partners hand.

~Qacol~
Rico's and DDE---legend

lol, some people get touchy, I know I sure did when I lost that DMU, right Jim? :P
WARNING: This post may contain traces of dry wit and sarcasm. If swallowed you should seek immediate medical advice. Gatewars.com accepts no responsibility for injury caused by taking any of this seriously.
Jim
Pony Princess
Alliance: MaYHeM
Race: Asgard
ID: 45162
Alternate name(s): Bucephalus
Kishin

:smt042
Touchy? Understatement of the year :smt042
Huxley
Forum Elder

Jim wrote::smt042
Touchy? Understatement of the year :smt042

Hey, massing on all servers isn't overreacting too bad.. Actually yes it is, for a ascended arena FREE FOR ALL #-o

It took me 6hours of sitting on TC to change to critical to none back to critical, 6hours!.. POOF my own stupid fault too, which I wouldn't dare admit! lol
WARNING: This post may contain traces of dry wit and sarcasm. If swallowed you should seek immediate medical advice. Gatewars.com accepts no responsibility for injury caused by taking any of this seriously.
Jim
Pony Princess
Kishin

:-$ the lull before the storm.
Jim is scared.
Guild
Forum Addict
Alliance: Retiring
Race: Draeden
ID: 1916018
Location: writing a booklet so people understand my humour :D

Jim wrote::-$ the lull before the storm.
Jim is scared.

why what are you planning jim ?
Retired but still on a rampage
Spoiler
Rudy Peña wrote:Yea, OE is the the next FS in terms of snipers. We proud ourselves on it to the point we give out awards and see who can mass the most with a 0 def.
Drahazar wrote:Im happy to snipe anyone i want, why should i build any defences for you people
George Hazard wrote:FM is like a rite of passage for alliances.
You haven't truly made it to manhood until you've slept with the town prostitute.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Leama
Fledgling Forumer
Alliance: Warlords of Briton
ID: 1918891

off to work and off crit ;)

first come, first served!
Calibretto
Forum Expert

Jim wrote::-$ the lull before the storm.
Jim is scared.

:smt088 :smt022 :smt100
Jim
Pony Princess
Kishin

Sol wrote:
Cersei Lannister wrote:
Sol wrote:hmm...the problem is we anticipate that people will be demolished, and so there will be always little to no stats on anyone :P.
True. But list the 'highest' stats people build instead? :P

Could I suppose, it's possible, but it would require constant checks and such and a bit of a hustle in the DB.

Cersei Lannister wrote:
Sol wrote:I just thought of something, like a sort of average tournament rank, pretty much adds your tournament ranks together, divides by how many tournaments you entered and sorts accordingly (including how many you actually entered, so it stops someone from just entering 1 tournament, getting rank 1 and just not entering any others).
So in essence it will display what you roughly get per each tournament, perhaps i could use the trapezoidal approximation instead...

My word. That sounds exquisite. :-D I understood exactly 93% of that, and the idea I got out of that, is good. ;)

It's practically an average of your outcome in each tournament, then ranked against others.
Example (out of 3 tournaments):
Player A: rank 1, rank 5, rank 2, AV=2.67
Player B: rank 2, rank 1, rank 1, AV=1.33
Player C: didnt enter, rank 3, rank 3, AV= (However many people entered the first + 3 +3)/3
if we assume in the first tournament 5 people played then player C's average is 3.667

So player B's tournament skill rank is 1, Player A's is rank 2, and player C is rank 3

The rank effectively shows how likely you are to get rank 1 or very close to rank 1 in any given tournament, so it's practically showing how skilled and tactical a fighter you are in a pressured environment.

Sorry, just saw this.
Love the idea but I think something other than an average would work better. Somebody who comes r1,r1,r200 will have an awful average even though they did amazingly in the first two arenas. Some way to counteract this in the result would be cool as its often just luck.
Also, it would be good if these results are also ranked. So the person who has the current best average is rank 1 even if the average is 5, and the person with the second best average is rank 2 even if that average is 20 etc

My brain is not working this morning. Possibly the least coherent suggestion ever put forward.
Calibretto
Forum Expert

OK well,

I have had notice that my planets will be reduced.

I was not aware that I was using a so called bug. I was ranked 2 for a while with my amount of planets, so someone must be close to me, or the rankingsystem is bugged as well.

After ETL has been THREATENING ME on MSN after I took out his defense, (Yes I have the convo, and have spread it several times) and has been crying as a little kid again, its enough for me.

I was acused of using a bug against him, and well my future wasnt gonna look pretty, if it was all up to him. I want something to be done against this.

I hope more ppl will quit this game.

Return to “Tournament Discussion”