Tournament 3: Deathmatch (no autoboot!)

For general discussion about the tournament, battles, vendettas and for requesting team members or requesting to be apart of a team.
Lore
Fountain of Wisdom
Alliance: The Dark Dominium Empire
Race: System Lord / AJNA
ID: 1928117

Honours and Awards

Re: Tournament 3: Deathmatch (no autoboot!)

Guild wrote:the casual player can get demis all te same, through farming outside the tournement, you just cant expect people that cant afford to commit time, to be able to get the higher level'd demis.

unfair ... maybe but its unreasonable to say people that play less should have the same level of reward

I feel your a bit off here. There are 3 ways to get Demi's I am aware of. @ of those 3 ways are completely out of the casual players realm of possibility. The 1 that still is in the realm of possibility is set up so 1 player can spend 10 AT and get one, and another 100,000 and never see one. Farming also limits you to only an attack Demi since they come by what ever stat you use, well that and a covert one. Short of a war/vendetta a casual player won't be using all the fringe attacks. Couple that with a much lower chance to get a demi due to less attacks happening. So forgive me if I feel its not all the same.

I also never asked for the same level of reward. I am perfectly fine with fewer and weaker Demi's. Just keep in mind the current trend of Demi's tho. The easter bunny has no down side. Rather signifigant if you ask me. So now the hyper active not only get many more Demi's, but also the most powerful. Not only that but as stated there will be only 1 easter bunny so not like the casual player will ever have access the the caliber of Demi's the hyper active gets.

Again I am not asking to be spoon feed. There has to be some way to balance this a bit more, such as the suggestion I made before about any Demi's "tossed away" by those getting multiple Demi's be open to others in some way. If the real good ones go to auction, why not allow the most common ones to be buyable at a set rate so a casual player can buy a common Demi at its lowest level? The buyable ones should cost more, and need to be upgraded more, but atleast you could get one then.

I'm just offering my opinion. I personally love whats going on in ascended. Glad to see some movement and care for the game. Just keep in mind you have a large number of players who can't be hyperactive, and turning them away from ascended would be a loss to me.
schuesseled wrote:And Yes, If someone attacked me with a knife and I had a cannon I would shoot them with it.
Age old saying that, "Dont bring a knife to a gun fight"
Reason, youll get dead.
Calibretto
Forum Expert
Alliance: TA
Race: back to drawingboard

If this tournament is done, I hope we can do another one very soon...without bugs and **Filtered**.
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

Calibretto wrote:If this tournament is done, I hope we can do another one very soon...without bugs and **Filtered**.
We have had 3 tournaments in rapid succession, I would like to think we could have a period of galactic rest. Besides, too many tournaments will bring too many exquisite demis around. ;)
How does 6 a year sound, sol? With a few - well-tested - twists and turns along the way..
Calibretto
Forum Expert
Alliance: TA
Race: back to drawingboard

Cersei Lannister wrote:
Calibretto wrote:If this tournament is done, I hope we can do another one very soon...without bugs and **Filtered**.
We have had 3 tournaments in rapid succession, I would like to think we could have a period of galactic rest. Besides, too many tournaments will bring too many exquisite demis around. ;)
How does 6 a year sound, sol? With a few - well-tested - twists and turns along the way..

That sounds very good :smt060
Naminef
Fledgling Forumer
Alliance: TDD
ID: 65625

The rewards system for gaining planets needs to be fixed. They are not instant and there is no way to tell if you should be the one getting anything. On top of that, there is no reward for actually killing someone(if there is its broken because I'm not seeing/recieving it).
Last edited by Naminef on Mon Apr 16, 2012 7:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ganbazon
Forum Newbie
ID: 0

Also missing rewards for last 2-4 massings :(
Ganba
Comador
Forum Irregular
Alliance: THE DARK DOMINIUM EMPIRE

seems to me that it is still taking to long ( dragging on days ) needs to be 3 days max ....

my suggestion:

more turns as the time progresses
less phasing as the time progresses

on third day count down
triple turns
bigger rewards = dmu + planets

and then a last 6 hours = unlimited turns, NO phasing, NO extra dmu, NO extra planets ... time to make it or be killed

if still to many players in last 1 hour.... if players are not on playing they are eliminated and no rewards ( rewards only go to playing accounts )

and a tournament every month *** BUT NO demi-god reward ***

demi-god would be twice a year and it would be a tournament with only winners from any of the tournaments 1st place to 5th place

I AM

Guild
Forum Addict
Alliance: Retiring
Race: Draeden
ID: 1916018
Location: writing a booklet so people understand my humour :D

.....what the hell !

ive been kicked out now , cos i couldnt get on when i had spare time , what a load of bull **Filtered**!

this is not fair in the slightest i was at least expecting a ppt so everyone would have notice
Retired but still on a rampage
Spoiler
Rudy Peña wrote:Yea, OE is the the next FS in terms of snipers. We proud ourselves on it to the point we give out awards and see who can mass the most with a 0 def.
Drahazar wrote:Im happy to snipe anyone i want, why should i build any defences for you people
George Hazard wrote:FM is like a rite of passage for alliances.
You haven't truly made it to manhood until you've slept with the town prostitute.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Jim
Pony Princess
Alliance: MaYHeM
Race: Asgard
ID: 45162
Alternate name(s): Bucephalus
Kishin

Guild wrote:.....what the hell !

ive been kicked out now , cos i couldnt get on when i had spare time , what a load of bull **Filtered**!

this is not fair in the slightest i was at least expecting a ppt so everyone would have notice

I wasnt expecting a ppt, but i was hoping for one.
:( guild. i miss you. talk to you again next arena :smt050
Guild
Forum Addict
Alliance: Retiring
Race: Draeden
ID: 1916018
Location: writing a booklet so people understand my humour :D

Jim wrote:I wasnt expecting a ppt, but i was hoping for one.
:( guild. i miss you. talk to you again next arena :smt050

hahah :smt058
Retired but still on a rampage
Spoiler
Rudy Peña wrote:Yea, OE is the the next FS in terms of snipers. We proud ourselves on it to the point we give out awards and see who can mass the most with a 0 def.
Drahazar wrote:Im happy to snipe anyone i want, why should i build any defences for you people
George Hazard wrote:FM is like a rite of passage for alliances.
You haven't truly made it to manhood until you've slept with the town prostitute.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Huxley
Forum Elder

I like Comador's suggestion, maybe tweaking a bit but would be good if it picked up pace towards the end..
WARNING: This post may contain traces of dry wit and sarcasm. If swallowed you should seek immediate medical advice. Gatewars.com accepts no responsibility for injury caused by taking any of this seriously.
Jim
Pony Princess
Kishin

01:29:35 on 17th Apr Calesta Vahid Destroy 3,829,175 200,960,120 Won
ONE BILLION PLANETS. nice hit. very nice.
Huxley
Forum Elder

Jim wrote:01:29:35 on 17th Apr Calesta Vahid Destroy 3,829,175 200,960,120 Won

*cough*

00:17:37 on 17th Apr NightmareRedemption Lord Tacoma Destroy 3,934,300 245,843,080 Won

:P
WARNING: This post may contain traces of dry wit and sarcasm. If swallowed you should seek immediate medical advice. Gatewars.com accepts no responsibility for injury caused by taking any of this seriously.
Jim
Pony Princess
Kishin

Huxley wrote:
Jim wrote:01:29:35 on 17th Apr Calesta Vahid Destroy 3,829,175 200,960,120 Won

*cough*

00:17:37 on 17th Apr NightmareRedemption Lord Tacoma Destroy 3,934,300 245,843,080 Won

:P

haha
you win
Maha Vishnu
System Lord
Alliance: Pharoah- Goauld Empire
Race: Goa'uld

Is that all you girls have. Come and get me muahaahahahahahaha

218,335,500,000 is my defence and little else. Onslaught started at 01:20 game time. Nearly 12 hours in and I am still clinging on.

When da man comes around, he says hola lol

The power of the Ori cannot be denied

p.s i have 500,001 planets :smt047
Last edited by Maha Vishnu on Tue Apr 17, 2012 12:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Host=Does not matter, Goauld=Maha Vishnu, Ori = ????? OOC:=ME
Descensions
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

Return to “Tournament Discussion”