ipad app

For newcomers to ask questions to the other users... this section will usually answer most questions... requesting resources (naq/UUs/ATs) is not to be done here...
TimeGap
Forum Intermediate

ipad app

I want it...

I want it now!

(omega, DD etc take note before shooting it down) - alliance features that allow you to check attack logs on ur iphone without having to deal with crappy browsers........ Huh? Awesome i know! REK would suport it, this I know, I recon even Tekki would loooooooove this feature... If only someone had thought of all these reasons for an app looong ago....

And i can sayi know many other iphone and ipad users would love it.

The browsers just dont do the game justice.

Make it $1.99, get jason to approve it and take a cut, and bam.

You will have more users on this game so fast it will make server wars spin!!!

Do it! U know u want to!

Maybe offer a free app that will allow you one ascension or something.

After that, buy full app.

Inapp purchases? Easy! Black market.

Jason! Dude! You can make a shtload of cash!
Player base!! You will love this and, it will grow the player base!!M

Think about it and comment.

Lets get this rolling, i will help with dev and design in the little free time i have.
I know many others will too...

Regards.
Me.
Last edited by TimeGap on Fri May 25, 2012 12:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TimeGap
Forum Intermediate

Re: ipad app

Oh god, mods plz move to general?

See what i mean about the browsers?

Many of the ppl who wanna play dont have access to a pc during the time Lotted to play...

Gatewars on the go ftw!!,
TimeGap
Forum Intermediate

Plz comment guys, dont just read, even if u link a previous post on this topic.

I wanna know if i should start spending my $120 per hour time to start planning an alpha an demo etc........
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

Ah yes, various alliances have their own apps.
This was thought of years ago, when smartphones became more smart and less phone.

You are talking about the game itself being an app, right?
TimeGap
Forum Intermediate

Basically yes, in the apple appstore, as an app, if some alliances have an app, why not share it with the community?

Wouldnt it be regarded as unfair if only certain groups have acces to this?

Anyways, what im thinking, is an app that would allow you to play the game from a mobile device without using a retarded mobile browser...
example, i have 100k turns, i want to raid, it CRAP in the browser!!

Inhave no access to a pc, only my iphone and ipad to log in and do this,...

So, community creates app, jason says yes, ir goes to app store, more layers and more freedom for the millions of mobile usrs!

I seRch "strategy mmo" games almost daily on the app store to try to replace the need i have for gatewars, yet i still log on using my ipad via browser, why keep it this way!

Why not make the gameaccesable tothe millions of other bossible players?

Personal note: im selfish and i want toraid etc thru an app
Community + : more players...
Dubby_CompGamerGeek2
Forum Addict
Alliance: TÅTS / TÅF
Race: Magnificent
ID: 83588
Alternate name(s): >> Skype: IrishHighlanders <<
Dublin Warrior, Dubby, Dubs, DW, CGG, DCGG2.
Paul, Paulie Boy!, Paulie, PAULIE!!!, PAULIE BOY!!!, Paul James, etc.

:-k

:-)

sure, why not. :smt047

even though I don't have an iphone,

and even though I am planning a vacation anyway...

I would say giving a lot of users an advantage would be better than a shrinking pond. :)
ƒëmmë
Forum Elite
Alternate name(s): ƒëmmë ƒatalë
temptress
cleo_catra

yh I'm sure Rek and Tekki would support this :)

idk what you are talking about, but is it like the thing Massacre made?
To fight and conquer in all your battles is not supreme excellence;
supreme excellence consists in breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting.
-Sun Tzu, the Art of War
31/07/2012 6:13:16 AM Hope Light ID's mean nothing imo if you can back yourself up.
31/07/2012 6:13:22 AM Hope Light only **Filtered** hide them.
Be careful who you trust, even the devil was once an angel
veritas vos liberabit
Forums own rules
http://stargatewars.herebegames.com/vie ... 7#p2510387
Spoiler
Section Admins - who will be 'in charge' of the section in question. They will be responsible for the overall feel of the section, the setup/structure, and most importantly the community/users in the section. This will incorporate the old 'ombudsman' role. And insofar as the Section Admin is responsible for the users, they are also responsible for the high level mod behaviour towards the users.
So -as a user - if you have an issue with how you are treated, rules, bans, whatever --goto the section admin... They are there for you!

There is no 'reporting structure' in this setup -- tech, mod, and section admins are all on equal footing, each with their own (somewhat overlapping) responsibilities.
Mods report directly to the mod admin, and indirectly to the section admin for the section in which they mod.
Massacre
Forum Irregular
Alliance: The Dark Dominium
Race: DDE
ID: 1923635
Alternate name(s): ~Stiffy McBoing~

I think hes talking about a completely redesigned application where the images are different, the same game however its all built on a different layout. Its what I was going to with the android, yet have been far too busy here and there to really get my hands on it.

On a side note, I have spoken to Jason about a mobile site, that would fix it for all platforms. Images scaled down, some images completely removed among other things.
KJ wrote:indeed… people will fall in love with us and hate us at the same time
coz we'll be massing their accounts into oblivion
meanwhile they'll be staring at our perfect muscles
~Market Mod~
Mod Color
ramen07
Forum Expert
Alliance: Forgotten Prospects
Race: Paisano
ID: 0

Massacre wrote:I think hes talking about a completely redesigned application where the images are different, the same game however its all built on a different layout. Its what I was going to with the android, yet have been far too busy here and there to really get my hands on it.

On a side note, I have spoken to Jason about a mobile site, that would fix it for all platforms. Images scaled down, some images completely removed among other things.

but an app is cooler :D
Jack wrote:That's the General folk for ya, always serious with a stick shoved up their ass
General Riviera wrote:You should stop being a spoon, read the forum rules and abide by the them. At least if you choose not to, learn how to break the rules in style.
Lithium
Forum Zombie
Alliance: The Pirate's Panties
Race: Pirate

tis game is not for app , its too fast, harsh and aggressive to be played on such devices. it snot an adventure game
Previously on GateWars Forum
The orgin of Guild
Spoiler
Lithium wrote:he was talkin bout me and remembering the days i was massing him wit one finger ;)
Guild wrote:is that the same finger you stick up your bum ? :smt060
Lithium wrote:no its the one who gave u life ;)
Field Marshall wrote:Lith put his finger up his bum and Guild arrived? :smt017
I wish that was genuinely true :)
Lithium wrote:oooo why there isnt any emo for this one , id have dropped of chair dead :smt042
MajorLeeHurts wrote:
Lithium wrote:oooo why there isnt any emo for this one , id have dropped of chair dead :smt042
Agreed that was the funnies **Filtered** ive read here!
Im sure JT is enjoying this thread , if he isnt hes in a coma !
Feedback Me
http://stargatewars.herebegames.com/vie ... 8&t=101259
Ryuujin Jakka
Forum Addict
Alliance: Ghost Riders 2ic Diplo
Race: System Overlord
ID: 1976503
Alternate name(s): Al Capone / ~Ryuujin Jakka~

alot of app fames get bug hits then totally bum out when players get bored or delete ap. if he were to make an app it would have to be on at least android and apple at bare minimum , but if u have an iphone . just use 3g lol its quick enough
Field Marshall wrote: Ryu - Legend, best of the best...you're sick...and I hate your 5T MS! < in 2010 when the closes MS at the time was 2.8 T , shortly after i hit 7Trill and then 8tms (Long before the MS HUGE Buff Update !) and the next closest was just barely over 3T at the time it took many years and that mouthership to go untouched as rank 1 without any upgrades at all before ETL finally caught up to it and then a couple of others eventually while it sat reletively untouched for years , yet still to this day that account remains competitive with a great ms , under Drah's command. Many say i Pioneered the current MS Meta , which is both cool and i regret because ms's are insane these days lol !
~Belsamber~ wrote:Borek and Ryu for SGW guru's post are like mangasms, they're that good.
Ryuujin Jakka
Forum Addict
Alliance: Ghost Riders 2ic Diplo
Race: System Overlord
ID: 1976503
Alternate name(s): Al Capone / ~Ryuujin Jakka~

Lithium wrote:tis game is not for app , its too fast, harsh and aggressive to be played on such devices. it snot an adventure game

+1
Field Marshall wrote: Ryu - Legend, best of the best...you're sick...and I hate your 5T MS! < in 2010 when the closes MS at the time was 2.8 T , shortly after i hit 7Trill and then 8tms (Long before the MS HUGE Buff Update !) and the next closest was just barely over 3T at the time it took many years and that mouthership to go untouched as rank 1 without any upgrades at all before ETL finally caught up to it and then a couple of others eventually while it sat reletively untouched for years , yet still to this day that account remains competitive with a great ms , under Drah's command. Many say i Pioneered the current MS Meta , which is both cool and i regret because ms's are insane these days lol !
~Belsamber~ wrote:Borek and Ryu for SGW guru's post are like mangasms, they're that good.
ramen07
Forum Expert
Alliance: Forgotten Prospects
Race: Paisano

Ryuujin Jakka wrote:
Lithium wrote:tis game is not for app , its too fast, harsh and aggressive to be played on such devices. it snot an adventure game

+1

but a tabbed client can be played much in the same way as in a browser. there's no "dumbing down" needed
Jack wrote:That's the General folk for ya, always serious with a stick shoved up their ass
General Riviera wrote:You should stop being a spoon, read the forum rules and abide by the them. At least if you choose not to, learn how to break the rules in style.
eviscerate
Forum Newbie

Android. Also
doc holliday
Forum Elite
Alliance: Unnatural Selection

Your moms an adventure game 8-[
Spoiler
Mathlord wrote:
doc holliday wrote:just don't come off ppt :smt071 :smt043
See what doc is really saying, is his six shooters tickle...until you die from it :D
Spoiler
prsko wrote:
SSG EnterTheLion wrote: As anyone who knows me knows, I never build up planets, if I steal a good one, so be it, but I never waste naq on a planet.
So that triple planet u bought was allready built up?
Or am I twisting your words like the rest?

Return to “Newbie/ FAQ Forum”