Proposed Tourney 5 Team DeathMatch

For general discussion about the tournament, battles, vendettas and for requesting team members or requesting to be apart of a team.
Eisen Feuer
Forum Irregular
ID: 0

Proposed Tourney 5 Team DeathMatch

So Sol and I were chatting in msn about various things going on in the current tourney and then we started to talk about the next Tourney the Team Deathmatch tourney! Below there will be a few bullet points on ideas that we came up with and we would like to see who else likes some of the ideas or changes to the ones we came up with. So please read I know it may be a bit long but I am sure some of the ideas will peak your interest.

-50 teams
the goal is to get around 50teams with 4 players per team. Teams can have 2-4 players. Having less than 4 people will have certain disadvantages.

when sign ups begin 1-2 weeks before the tourney there will be two sign ups. One for team captains and the other for free agents. Once the 50 teams are taken everyone that signs up will automatically be sent to free agent list. Once you sign up you can get invites to teams from team captains; once you receive an invite you can join that team assuming there is still space on that team.

-Roles
When you join a team an option will be available under your team page to select the role you wish to play. Once a role is taken no one else will be able to use it on your team. Roles vary and will determine many factors when it comes to the tourney. Types of roles- Tank, Ninja, Tank-Ninja, Ninja-Tank. (just examples of what they could be)

-Tank
This player will have a bonus to their +50% Offense and Defense as well as the ability to take damage and kind of brush it off. However, this player will also receive an anti-bonus -50% to their ability to Assassinate and Covert as well.

-Ninja
This player will have a bonus to their +50% Assassination and Covert. But will not be able to do much damage when they attack for DMU. However this player will also receive an anti-bonus -50% to their Offense and Defense being sneaky has its downsides and taking damage is one of them.

-Tank Ninja
This player will have +25% strength and -25% cunning. Essentially, this player will be the same as a tank but only get a 25% bonus to their Offense and Defense and will only lose 25% of their Assassination and covert ability.

-Ninja Tank
This player is the direct opposite of the Tank Ninja. They receive +25% bonus to Cunning and -25% bonus to strength. This player is like the Ninja as they are more adept at Assasination and covert but can also still do more when it comes down to Offense and Defense than a normal Ninja.

-Teamwork
This is really important when it comes to picking your team you will want to have a line of dialogue with them as the more your team works together the better your team will do. Each player in a team is assigned a certain role. Tank deals the damage, Ninja does the sabotage and assassination, and Tank Ninja/Ninja Tank's do a little bit of both. When you work together you get a daily bonus. The more you work together the better your bonus.
ex. Say a team has 3/4 people working together and they destroy x amount of planets and kill x people or x teams. Each area gets a multiplier that affords you more planets replaced, Turn rejuvenation, and DMU bonuses. Using the above example you have 3/4(number of planets destroyed as a team)(number of players killed)+(number of teams eliminated) This would be per 24 hours. This will then put you in a bracket of things you get for that 24 hours.

-24hour Bonuses
Teams can get a bonus every 24 hours and distributed based on need. If you don't help your team in that 24 hour period you don't get a bonus. Bonus minimums start at 500AT, 25tril DMU, and 500mil planets. Bonus Maximum is 3000AT, 100tril DMU, and 2.5bil planets. (examples)

We did not discuss the mechanics of the playstyle but I believe it would be similar in scope to the current Tourney Slaughter Deathmatch. Only we would have specific team-mates.

One thing I did not talk with Sol about was the ability to have Team resources stay in a team page until someone needs them and it would be approved by the team captain.
Old Spice
Forum Newbie
Alliance: HVE Alliance
Race: 400Metre Sprint
ID: 1908744

Re: Proposed Tourney 5 Team DeathMatch

is there a tl;dr?
Sol
Forum Addict

The roles aren't set in stone, but you get the idea anyway.
Sign up may be done similar to alliances on main, people request to join a team.
Field Marshall wrote:
Sol wrote:It's not going to destroy your life :P
Really?
I think this is sig worthy in fact.
Drought
Forum Expert

Sol wrote:The roles aren't set in stone, but you get the idea anyway.
Sign up may be done similar to alliances on main, people request to join a team.

Perhaps an approach for death match team signups, Public and Private.

Creating team:
Players selects to enter tourney.
Between join and start: an option is available to 'form team'
Add team name, select private or public team: click create. (creator receives private team ID)
Team created.

Joining public team:
Below the previous mentioned 'form team', a drop down selection with the public team names, who are are not at max member capacity.
Select team name, click button 'join public team'

Joining private team.
Team creator of private team distributes his or her team ID to those wanting to join.
Below the option to join the public, an entry field to input 'private team ID'
And as longs as the private team is not at max member capacity, you can join it.

This makes room for having public and private teams :)

edit: on the public team drop down list join option, add the joined player names to the title/alt when hovering over a possible selection, so you can see who is already in the team.
a very bad hairdo
Sol
Forum Addict

I was considering something much more simpler

- People sign up to the arena as you normally would.
- You straight away get thrown into a sort of 'lobby area'.
- Anyone can choose to make a team. The person who makes it is the leader.
- Leaders can request a player in the lobby to join the team.
- Leaders can reject requests.
- Players in the lobby can send requests to join a team, x amount of requests can be sent.
- Players can leave a team if they wish.
- After x amount of hours before the tournament starts all requests/invites are stopped, no one can join or leave a team.
- When the point above happens, all other people in the lobby are randomly sorted and made into teams.

At any point the leaders can choose roles for the team members. IF I implement pre-meditated role sets.

It's a waste to do a public/private thing really.
Field Marshall wrote:
Sol wrote:It's not going to destroy your life :P
Really?
I think this is sig worthy in fact.
Drought
Forum Expert

hmm, both could work, my approach is far simpler to program though xD and easier in use I'd say. Depends on the players using it I suppose.

The whole public and private idea of mine was to give those NOT in alliances a good chance to simply form a team and get members to join them, as opposed to players being in alliances, who are very likely going to form their own teams.

The public team accommodates for the lone wolf players, much the same as the lone wolf alliance on main. Keeping it simply and approachable/doable for those who are not so much organized.

Also, my proposal removes the need for someone to 'accept' them.
Just imagine a team formed, people having requests ... and the team captain, the one who formed it, doesnt come back online ...
a very bad hairdo

Return to “Tournament Discussion”