Specific to server: "GateWars: New Grounds"
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

Re: Regarding Ascension to Main

Good; time for the definitive answer on this, since at least one of our players is rapidly approaching ascension level 20.

The final situation when someone hits 20. :)
First a few definitions:
Main = Main account (http://gatewars.com)
NG = NewGrounds account (http://newgrounds.gatewars.com)
NG-Main = Main account, result of finishing the ascension track in NewGrounds.
Asc = Ascended account (http://ascended.gatewars.com)
NG-Asc = Ascended account, result of NG-Main ascending at least once.

NG ascends.
Player gets main account, people can have Main + NG-Main, legally.
NG-main account will be recognisable as such by an identifier-prefix; e.g. *username, or ~username, something like that. All these NG-Mains are identical.
NG goes to level 25.

The NG-Main will be a level 20 ascended account (Origin of Existence). It has no corresponding ascended account, until the NG-Main ascends for the first time. Until you ascend, you have the blessing+stat bonus associated with a level 20 account without ascended account. Upon your first ascension (to level 21; UnSpeakable), you get an Ascended just like a regular player ascending to Prior does. (Obviously since your NG-Main has several other stats your first ascension will be more powerful than most first-time ascenders.)

You can play Ascended, and if you decide you like that, get yourself a regular Main (with the support of your NG-Main). Ascended cannot really become that great with just the 3 ascensions you can do from your NG-Main. But you can play long enough to figure out what you want to do.

NewGrounds is primarily a training pond for Main; such is represented in the above.

Perfect? No. Good enough with a lot of options? Definitely.

(Any questions, fire away.)
Z E R O
Forum Addict
Alliance: Jötunheim
Race: NanoTiMaster
ID: 1918344
Alternate name(s): Hymir

Good to finally have something solid to go by. Very clear and concise, no questions here!
Z E R O - Jötunheim - 1907332 - UnKnown of the TOLAH
*Zero - 1991093
Spoiler
Duderanch
Internet Hero
Alliance: MaYHeM
Race: Ancient
ID: 58491

So if someone decides not to ascend their NG. Account they have yet another advantage over players who don't have the time to play another server.
The trade broker reports trade from Surtr to *Teesdale_ of 100,000,000 Naq for 33,000,000,000,000 Naq is complete.

Barbara! says: haha ok you can have a piece of my soul for 50bil naq

Skype= dan_P_@msn.com
Teesdale
[21:06:02] Jake/Tees: does black market work in there?
[21:06:18] robert: nah
[21:06:24] robert: uu go in miners
[21:06:24] Duderanch: Yeah Ben said did but can't untrin miners so no point
[21:06:37] Jake/Tees: sweet, so methlad not be able to fight back :D
[21:06:46] Jake/Tees: EADC
Naq sold in 2017 - 21q
™LoT
Forum Regular
Alliance: TDD
Race: Furlings
Alternate name(s): Gods and Goddess of the Anunnaki

i like this...but i have 3 questions.
1.What we will have on NG-Main acc status( Army Size,cov/Anti,etc)
2.is posible to have same mail or we must change??for exemple i use same mail adres for my main acc and Ng acc...so i need to change with another mail on my NG acc and i will have same mail in NG and NG-main acc and one different on in Main(old acc)??
3.How much time we will wait to can play again NG after last ascension (20 level) and if i have when i ascend 1 tril Naq(for exemple ) i will have it when i will be on lev 25??

Mathlord
Forum Zombie
Alliance: Tauri Alliance
Race: Tollan
ID: 12759

SuperSaiyan wrote:who thought it would be a good idea to give them a level 20 AB without being able to be descended?
(my question that I'm firing)

QFT

Here's another question. If you buy an ascension instead of doing the normal procedure for ascending, can you skip the production of that ascended account or will it still be made?
Spoiler

13:38 General Zeus Sabotage Repelled 377,977,330 details

The forces of simpson_eh fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 305,393,963,879,000 damage on Mathlord's forces!
They managed to eradicate 4,635,986 of Mathlord's troops.
---
The forces of simpson_eh fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 12 damage on Mathlord's forces!
They managed to eradicate 0 of Mathlord's troops.
™LoT
Forum Regular
Alliance: TDD
Race: Furlings
Alternate name(s): Gods and Goddess of the Anunnaki

And of cours..is legal to buy from sombody else one NG-Main acc if you are not play NG ??

Juliette
Verified
The Queen

SuperSaiyan wrote:who thought it would be a good idea to give them a level 20 AB without being able to be descended?
Good question, here is how we intend to handle that. We are currently considering a suggestion that the 'undescendable' account gets treated as a Main with Ascended on vacation (half bonuses). That should inspire at least a step forward and would remove the 'undescendable' issue. As for $-purchase of Ascension levels -way to create an undescendable TUK-, that is part of our considerations.
Z E R O wrote:Good to finally have something solid to go by. Very clear and concise, no questions here!
Thank you. :)
Duderanch wrote:So if someone decides not to ascend their NG. Account they have yet another advantage over players who don't have the time to play another server.
I do not understand your question; is this about the 'undescendable' bit? If it is, ee my reply to SS. If I misunderstood, elaborate please. :)
SuperSaiyan wrote:I'm going to fire another question, what cov levels/MS are we looking at?
UP/Army etc. what are these accounts starting with?
I will list the statistics as they are currently for someone who ascends at this very moment (values taken from the code).

[spoiler]

Code: Select all

Naquadah on hand:      2,000,000
Naquadah in bank:      52,055,003,627,520
Bank size:             52,055,003,627,520
Unit Production:       250,000 /day
Attack Turns:          4,000 (2,000 generic + 2,000 personal)
Covert level:          35
Anticovert level:      34
Tech:                  All technologies; MS tech lvl 8.

Population:
Attackers:             1,000,000
Super Attackers:       10,000,000
Attack Mercs:          1,000,000
Defenders:             1,000,000
Super Defenders:       10,000,000
Defence Mercs:         1,000,000
Untrained:             50,000,000
Miners:                100,000,000
Lifers:                0
Spies:                 50,000,000
Assassins:             1,000,000
Total Fighting Force:  225,000,000

Mothership:
Shields:               100,000
Weapons:               150,000
Fleets:                100,000

Protection:            720 min
[/spoiler]

Mathlord wrote:Here's another question. If you buy an ascension instead of doing the normal procedure for ascending, can you skip the production of that ascended account or will it still be made?
See my reply to SS.
™LoT wrote:And of cours..is legal to buy from sombody else one NG-Main acc if you are not play NG ??
Good point. We are considering making it impossible to change the email-address on an NG-Main; complicating and discouraging sales. Not convinced it should be completely illegal.
Juliette
Verified
The Queen

SuperSaiyan wrote:
Juliette wrote:
Good question, here is how we intend to handle that. We are currently considering a suggestion that the 'undescendable' account gets treated as a Main with Ascended on vacation (half bonuses). That should inspire at least a step forward and would remove the 'undescendable' issue. As for $-purchase of Ascension levels -way to create an undescendable TUK-, that is part of our considerations.
I sincerely hope that is figured out before the first one is born and not 5 months from now when its too late.
Naturally. Thanks for your concern. :D
Slim87R
Forum Expert

Re: ascend?

Which brings up a good question. Would you be better off skipping those ascensions in the effort of gaining a decent account quickly or going from the start and ascending with 99 tril LF each time? I guess it would depend on how powerful that level 20 account is.
Field Marshall
Forum Zombie

**Filtered** wrote:Which brings up a good question. Would you be better off skipping those ascensions in the effort of gaining a decent account quickly or going from the start and ascending with 99 tril LF each time? I guess it would depend on how powerful that level 20 account is.

I'm hoping to see some new races or some sort of special thing...will be sad if it's just a normal 20x account #-o
Sol wrote:
Field Marshall wrote:
Sol wrote:It's not going to destroy your life :P
Really?

I think this is sig worthy in fact.
:o my first sigging. I sigged you too. <3
High Empty wrote:however people shouldn't have lvl 33 and 200mil spies and try to be in the top 10, it's unhealthy.
Juliette
Verified
The Queen

Field Marshall wrote:
**Filtered** wrote:Which brings up a good question. Would you be better off skipping those ascensions in the effort of gaining a decent account quickly or going from the start and ascending with 99 tril LF each time? I guess it would depend on how powerful that level 20 account is.
I'm hoping to see some new races or some sort of special thing...will be sad if it's just a normal 20x account #-o
Huh, races, features? No, this is 'just a normal level 20 account'. What is this talk about special features.. [-X It is nothing special, but it does 'save' you about a year on ascensions in Main. It is a choice you make.
Slim87R
Forum Expert

Juliette wrote:
Field Marshall wrote:
Huh, races, features? No, this is 'just a normal level 20 account'. What is this talk about special features.. [-X It is nothing special, but it does 'save' you about a year on ascensions in Main. It is a choice you make.

Yes, but which is more powerful? A level 20 account you build yourself or a level 20 account given to you? Not all level 20's are the same. I am taking my time on each ascension so I can bolster my ascended account as much as possible at each level. If the level 20 account given to you has an attached ascended account with a power equivalent to getting 5 tril LF at each stage, then someone ascending each time with 99 tril LF at each stage will have a definite advantage even though it takes longer to get there. I guess it comes down to preference. Do you want power or speed?
Juliette
Verified
The Queen

**Filtered** wrote:Yes, but which is more powerful? A level 20 account you build yourself or a level 20 account given to you? Not all level 20's are the same. I am taking my time on each ascension so I can bolster my ascended account as much as possible at each level. If the level 20 account given to you has an attached ascended account with a power equivalent to getting 5 tril LF at each stage, then someone ascending each time with 99 tril LF at each stage will have a definite advantage even though it takes longer to get there. I guess it comes down to preference. Do you want power or speed?
As you can read in this thread (I moved these posts, as they were completely unrelated to the other thread and already discussed in this thread), you will have no ascended account, until you ascend your lvl 20 account at least once. :)
Mathlord
Forum Zombie
Alliance: Tauri Alliance
Race: Tollan
ID: 12759

Just do both, that way you have two accounts. Even if you don't use your newgrounds account as your main active account, you can build a big defense and put 10 nice income planets on it generating you all sorts of stuff. My main account is inhibited in its income because I have big stats and no miners. A second account without that problem could be very advantageous. That way I have the resource maker and the farming account. Every account is what you make of it.

I would be curious about base stats on this level 20. Does it come with no spy levels? Or some small amount already done? How does the mothership look? So on and so forth...
Spoiler

13:38 General Zeus Sabotage Repelled 377,977,330 details

The forces of simpson_eh fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 305,393,963,879,000 damage on Mathlord's forces!
They managed to eradicate 4,635,986 of Mathlord's troops.
---
The forces of simpson_eh fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 12 damage on Mathlord's forces!
They managed to eradicate 0 of Mathlord's troops.
Juliette
Verified
The Queen

Exactly. Plenty of choices, many ways to bring your ideas to life.

Regarding stats; please read up on my answers before you re-post a question, thanks! :D
I quote from my earlier post on this page, and have unspoilered the details.

Juliette wrote:
SuperSaiyan wrote:I'm going to fire another question, what cov levels/MS are we looking at?
UP/Army etc. what are these accounts starting with?
I will list the statistics as they are currently for someone who ascends at this very moment (values taken from the code).

Code: Select all

Naquadah on hand:      2,000,000
Naquadah in bank:      52,055,003,627,520
Bank size:             52,055,003,627,520
Unit Production:       250,000 /day
Attack Turns:          4,000 (2,000 generic + 2,000 personal)
Covert level:          35
Anticovert level:      34
Tech:                  All technologies; MS tech lvl 8.

Population:
Attackers:             1,000,000
Super Attackers:       10,000,000
Attack Mercs:          1,000,000
Defenders:             1,000,000
Super Defenders:       10,000,000
Defence Mercs:         1,000,000
Untrained:             50,000,000
Miners:                100,000,000
Lifers:                0
Spies:                 50,000,000
Assassins:             1,000,000