MS

Specific to server: "GateWars: New Grounds"
™LoT
Forum Regular
Alliance: TDD
Race: Furlings
Alternate name(s): Gods and Goddess of the Anunnaki

Re: MS

julliete i,m tired about sick ppl who make new acc mass a MS and deleted....admin must do somthing about MS..cant anybody came **Filtered** your MS and deleted the acc....

™LoT
Forum Regular

anyoane else was massed by a new ID?? and deleted after?? i was by ID 5423

xdjoker
Fledgling Forumer
ID: 0

I was also massed by the same person =/
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

The following two-part update is being implemented:

1. - If an attackers MS count is less than 5% of the number of defending MS count; the defender will lose no MS.
2. - If an attacker has less than 15 MS, the defender will lose no MS.

Ad 1. This update is meant to guarantee some sort of 'strike balance', requiring a specific power to strike at a specific defence.

Ad 2. This update is meant to 'guarantee losses'. The attacking party will require 15 MS, and needs to buy at least another MS when striking. This increases the costs of massing.

As usual, the values are not set in stone and subject to evaluation. ;)
™LoT
Forum Regular

so,this update is already on or is on progress?

xdjoker
Fledgling Forumer

So does anyone know if the update is in place yet?
Juliette
Verified
The Queen

It is. (Was introduced when I posted it.)
El_Ryune
Forum Regular
Alliance: Eternal Knights
Race: System Lord
ID: 33236

Juliette wrote:The following two-part update is being implemented:

1. - If an attackers MS count is less than 5% of the number of defending MS count; the defender will lose no MS.

Ad 1. This update is meant to guarantee some sort of 'strike balance', requiring a specific power to strike at a specific defence.

Ad 2. This update is meant to 'guarantee losses'. The attacking party will require 15 MS, and needs to buy at least another MS when striking. This increases the costs of massing.

As usual, the values are not set in stone and subject to evaluation. ;)

So I can still attack and score some naq if I have less than 15 MS but I just wont be able to kill any of their MS in the process?
Spoiler
byrne_1 wrote:My old alliance. ](*,)

Old EoB back in its peak, would of massed back with style. I cant see any come back this time.

So sad to see this.

Out of the all the alliances, you massed. Eob and maybe Eternal Knights could of done damage in their prime.
Disturbed
Forum Newbie

Juliette wrote:[b]The following two-part update is being implemented:

But if their MS is less than 5% of yours and you attack them, you still lose 1 MS every time?

I tested it, and this is so. It does not make sense to me that an attacking ship 20x less powerful cannot destroy anything, but an attacking ship 20x more powerful still loses something every time.
Z E R O
Forum Addict
Alliance: Jötunheim
Race: NanoTiMaster
ID: 1918344
Alternate name(s): Hymir

Disturbed wrote:But if their MS is less than 5% of yours and you attack them, you still lose 1 MS every time?

I tested it, and this is so. It does not make sense to me that an attacking ship 20x less powerful cannot destroy anything, but an attacking ship 20x more powerful still loses something every time.

I thought this seemed like a good way to combat runaway inflation... Maybe i'm crazy. I thought it added an effect of strategy to farming.. I was sort of glad that aspect didn't change.
Z E R O - Jötunheim - 1907332 - UnKnown of the TOLAH
*Zero - 1991093
Spoiler
Marrusian
Forum Newbie

"3) You do not damage enemy MS if you have far less MS than they, or if you have very very few ..."

**Filtered** ! At least please be more specific when you make statements like this in the changelog. If I'm attacking someone who has 50 MS less than I have, I'll still lose 1 ms, which again, seems like utter **Filtered**. You can't really just have a 5 million difference in power strike/defence and still lose that much.
Juliette
Verified
The Queen

El_Ryune wrote:So I can still attack and score some naq if I have less than 15 MS but I just wont be able to kill any of their MS in the process?
Yes.
Z E R O wrote:
Disturbed wrote:But if their MS is less than 5% of yours and you attack them, you still lose 1 MS every time?

I thought this seemed like a good way to combat runaway inflation... Maybe i'm crazy. I thought it added an effect of strategy to farming.. I was sort of glad that aspect didn't change.
Exactly.
Marrusian wrote:"3) You do not damage enemy MS if you have far less MS than they, or if you have very very few ..."

**Filtered** ! At least please be more specific when you make statements like this in the changelog. If I'm attacking someone who has 50 MS less than I have, I'll still lose 1 ms, which again, seems like utter **Filtered**. You can't really just have a 5 million difference in power strike/defence and still lose that much.
Specific values have been mentioned in this thread. The 'changelog' you mention (rather 'game news') is just the short version of the updates meant to alert you that some things have changed.
_Qba
Forum Newbie

new update split

Next time, give a warning before te update please :/

I've calculated everything to ascend before I'm out of town (and without internet connection :( ), and now I'll lost at least 3-4 days because of that update :/

Also as for the "3) You do not damage enemy MS if you have far less MS than they, or if you have very very few ... " part:
I assume that the actual numbers are like you posted in MS topic?

Juliette wrote:The following two-part update is being implemented:

If it is correct then the 5% should be calculated from attacker's "Total Mothership offense capacity" and defender's "Total Mothership defensive capacity".

Now % of tech doesn't count and if I have 300 MS with 100% MS tech (which doubles my MS strength) I can be attacked by someone that have 15 MS and no tech (and including my tech he has only 2,5% od my strength not 5%).
HippyFool
Forum Elder

Re: new update

_Qba wrote:If it is correct then the 5% should be calculated from attacker's "Total Mothership offense capacity" and defender's "Total Mothership defensive capacity".

Now % of tech doesn't count and if I have 300 MS with 100% MS tech (which doubles my MS strength) I can be attacked by someone that have 15 MS and no tech (and including my tech he has only 2,5% od my strength not 5%).

Yes indeed.

MSN = paddy_pan@hotmail.com

Naq sold to date: 6168tril

Trade Feedback- http://herebegames.com/StarGateWarsNew/ ... 8&t=105680 :)
Juliette
Verified
The Queen

Re: new update

HippyFool wrote:
_Qba wrote:If it is correct then the 5% should be calculated from attacker's "Total Mothership offense capacity" and defender's "Total Mothership defensive capacity".

Yes indeed.
Yes, you are correct. We will remedy this later today. Please keep the MS discussion in the MS thread, thank you.

Return to “New Grounds General”