Quickfire tournaments

Suggest any improvements
marshall
Forum Intermediate
Alliance: Omega Allegiance
Race: 100m sprint
ID: 42274

Quickfire tournaments

The idea is simple. Where some tournaments can last days (I believe the TDM lasted 5? cant remember how many nights of sleep I missed) for the casual player, it is fairly impossible to stand any chance of winning. So the idea is for a quickfire tournament.

Normal Deathmatch rules to apply, but the tournament is limited to 20? players. Obviously the number of entrants can vary, but would be at a first come, first served basis for entry.

The difference would be that everyone is thrown in together at the same time. And after a few turns (number to be decided) the lowest ranked player is automatically eliminated. And then every turn change after that until one player is left standing.

This type of tournament could be implemented in such a way that it is a weekly event. Obviously the prizes would need to be scaled down, maybe a tier 2 demi and a handful of LF cahce for the winner.

What do people think? ^_^

Jedi~Tank wrote:I GOT WRECKED BY MARSHIE
Nigatsu_Aka
Forum Elder

Re: Quickfire tournaments

Well, I think that anyone should be able to set a tournament and accept anyone they want in it, set their own rules, etc..... for fun and maybe prestige. But there rewards should be nil.

Maybe give this option once after, to all those who participate in official tournaments. (no admin wants to put pressure on their system, but this might increase the activity in ascended if it's intended by the game owners)...
marshall
Forum Intermediate

Creating your own tournaments would be abusable. For example an alliance creates their own tournament, invites all their members and sit protected from the rest of the server... but this is not the topic of this suggestion ^_^ which is quickfire tournaments lol

Nigatsu_Aka
Forum Elder

I wasn't thinking of it functioning like the official tournaments are implemented (take away the realm). I was thinking of something parallel, that uses the skills, gives a set amount of planets and let the players play with who they want how they want, for training, for fun, etc without safe-ing away their "real" account. It would function just like a quickfire tourney, but with no rewards other than maximum a score system, or something but nothing usable on the "real" realm.

And btw, if i knew that by signing up for that tourney would take my realm away and not be able to play in the "real" realm, i wouldn't have signed on. Was stupid from me, for not reading the rules, but I also think this system is a bit unfair as only the top get rewards, while the losers who resist in the tourney but don't get access to any rewards, lose a lot by not playing for a few days in "real" realm.

And since Ascended is about Gods, they should be omnipresent and omniscient, thus, allowing them to participate in the tourney, but without them being safe from the "reality".
Sol
Forum Addict
ID: 0

Nigatsu_Aka wrote:And btw, if i knew that by signing up for that tourney would take my realm away and not be able to play in the "real" realm, i wouldn't have signed on. Was stupid from me, for not reading the rules, but I also think this system is a bit unfair as only the top get rewards, while the losers who resist in the tourney but don't get access to any rewards, lose a lot by not playing for a few days in "real" realm.

They lose a few days of farming, if that, and could win a fair bit. It's up to the player, some people just get sick of farming to grow, rinse and repeat, it adds a little bit of difference in the game.
Nigatsu_Aka wrote:And since Ascended is about Gods, they should be omnipresent and omniscient, thus, allowing them to participate in the tourney, but without them being safe from the "reality".

yeah... if ascended really adhered to that then many things should be changed. Not all things have to be based around an idea.
Field Marshall wrote:
Sol wrote:It's not going to destroy your life :P
Really?
I think this is sig worthy in fact.
ƒëmmë
Forum Elite
Alternate name(s): ƒëmmë ƒatalë
temptress
cleo_catra

don't know if I agree with bottom rank being automatically dismissed.. seen ppl crawl back from there...

I think there should be some activity requirement in it too..
To fight and conquer in all your battles is not supreme excellence;
supreme excellence consists in breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting.
-Sun Tzu, the Art of War
31/07/2012 6:13:16 AM Hope Light ID's mean nothing imo if you can back yourself up.
31/07/2012 6:13:22 AM Hope Light only **Filtered** hide them.
Be careful who you trust, even the devil was once an angel
veritas vos liberabit
Forums own rules
http://stargatewars.herebegames.com/vie ... 7#p2510387
Spoiler
Section Admins - who will be 'in charge' of the section in question. They will be responsible for the overall feel of the section, the setup/structure, and most importantly the community/users in the section. This will incorporate the old 'ombudsman' role. And insofar as the Section Admin is responsible for the users, they are also responsible for the high level mod behaviour towards the users.
So -as a user - if you have an issue with how you are treated, rules, bans, whatever --goto the section admin... They are there for you!

There is no 'reporting structure' in this setup -- tech, mod, and section admins are all on equal footing, each with their own (somewhat overlapping) responsibilities.
Mods report directly to the mod admin, and indirectly to the section admin for the section in which they mod.
marshall
Forum Intermediate

Then the player who has killed the least amount of planets could be eliminated? But that would be harder to judge and dependant on how many turns a player has used. While the lowest ranked player COULD survive a little longer, most of the time, the lowest ranked player would already be crippled in such a way that winning would be off the cards...

Return to “Suggestions”