Your favorite kinds of sigs

A place general forum talk, not related to ingame discussions.
minisaiyan
Forum Addict
Race: DieHard
Alternate name(s): CJL
Hatebreeder
Aesthetics of Hate

Re: Your favorite kinds of sigs

ones that mean something and ones that someone has taken pride and time to create. no point in a standard sig that takes 20 seconds to copy and paste a fractal and a focal. i dont care if it looks bad if someone made an effort to make it.

read: ss used to be **Filtered** then bothered learning how to make a sig. sometimes not pretty but you can tell he put effort into his work. then he got lazy and gave up like all of us.
Jim
Pony Princess
Alliance: MaYHeM
Race: Asgard
ID: 45162
Alternate name(s): Bucephalus
Kishin

All and only sigs made by j-ron, h3ro and semper.
:-)
Diregie
Forum Grunt
Race: Apostle
ID: 1912915

animations and gifs are fancy, but i think a more important factor in a good sig is the theme.

how the text/image/background follows the theme, and how the theme connects to the user..
Image Image Image
The Apostles
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Cain of Fatality

Hilder of Crying Eyes

Isis-Prey of Blue Expanse

Siroco the Intangible

Diregie of Dark Disease

Anton the Flame-Eater

Gangling Lotus

Ozma of Chaos
Corran Horne
Knower of ducks
Alliance: & Leicester
Race: Cheltenham Gold Cup
ID: 314159265

almost all made by myself
semper
The sharp-tongued devil you can't seem to forget...
Race: God
ID: 0

I like signatures that show the player for what they are in the correct context for the render. I very rarely see animated sigs done well at all so I am not a fan of them, in fact I pretty much only know of one on this entire board that is still used *points to jim's dancing white thing*.

I also hate sigs that are there 'just because they look cool'. Its something personal that should express you, although I suspect in some ways a lot of people who have something for its cool factor do indeed show how mundane they really are.
Accolades/Titles:
Spoiler
Started Playing: April 2005
Honours (5): Hall of Fame 2009. Annual Awards Host 2008, 2009, 2013, 2014 and 2015.
Winner (12): RP'er of the Year 2008, Runner Up Poster of the Year 2008, Debater of the Year 2008, War of the Year 2008, Poster of the Year 2009, Alliance of the Year 2009 (Nemesis Sect, Creator), Alliance War of the Year 2009 (Nempire vs Mayhem, Instigator), RP'er Runner Up 2009, Knew You'd Be Back 2010, Conflict of the Decade (FUALL v TF), Conflict of the Decade Runner Up (Ga vs TF), Alliance of the Decade (TDD).
Nominated (8): Writer of the year 2007, Avatar of the Year 2007, Poster of the Year 2007, Villain of the Year 2008, Player Sig 2008, Race Player of the Year 2009, Most Missed 2010, Alliance Leadership 2010, Most Missed 2011.
Commands (3): Supreme System Lord 2008, 2010, 2011 and 2012. System Lord Council 2006 - present. Dark Lord and Emperor of the Nempire 2009 - 2011.
Alliances (9): DDE, EA, OSL, TFUR, DDEII, AI, RM, WoB, Nemesis.
Forum Roles (4): Former Misc GM, Race Mod (Goa'uld), Debate forum patriarch and mod.
Heisenberg
Forum Expert
Alliance: TDD
ID: 84840
Alternate name(s): The Architect

I ready this as favourite kind of slags haha.

I like colourful one. :D I don't like any that are just a normal rectangle shape.
Zeratul
Elder Administrator
Alliance: Lucian Alliance
Race: Templar
ID: 7
Alternate name(s): Hrefna
Reitha

Honours and Awards

we prefer sigs with some personal style... those generic ones with lots of fancy lines aren't really all that interesting. if they're to be animated, we prefer if there is some thought into the choice of animation, for that is often forgotten. the limits of animated gif and colors is also a problem.

We made a sort of sig on another forum, but as its rather oversized, its a bit difficult to repost here... about 15 renders of an evolving 3d model on random select using a php script.
"Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the gods, Browsers shall be changed to carry the internet out amongst the peoples and we will spread Firefox to all the unbelievers. The power of the Firefox will be felt far and wide and the wicked users of IE shall be converted to use the true browsers."

Curious about our color? Feel free to ask...
Sadow
Forum Irregular
Alliance: ~LeafVillage~
Race: Shinigami
ID: 109002

I like mine.

:smt060
"I don't enjoy killing, but when done righteously, it's just a chore, like any other." - Joshua Graham
My Trade Feedback
Kjarkur
Spark of the Ori
Alliance: DDE - Leader
Race: System Lord
ID: 1909457
Alternate name(s): Kjarkur, JL, KJ

The sigs made by my Castiel. :smt060
There are no men like me. There's only me.
General & Battle Moderator
- > SGW Hall of Fame
- > SGW's Hero of the Year
- > SGW's Villain of the year 2010->
- > SGW's Most Missed Player of the year 2011->
Legendary Apophis
Forum History
Alliance: Generations
Race: System Lord
ID: 7889
Alternate name(s): Apophis the Great

DarkDayz, Nightmare, Neimenljivi are great sigmakers. DarkDayz was the "king of custom borders" in my opinion [spoiler]Image[/spoiler] + old Alpha sigs, Nightmare did among the best "non-animated sigs with many layers". [spoiler]Image[/spoiler]. Neimenljivi best at animated sigs imo. [spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
I also like SS sigs, he's good with different tones of light, well, hard to be more explicit. I like the way he adds light in his sigs and the way he does them. [spoiler]Image[/spoiler] On the contrary to SS' light sigs, Semper does the best "dark" sigs. (such as his Joker sig)
Spoiler

Incarnate - LG - LG1 - LG2 - LG3 - LG4 - AG - EAG ~ AGoL - Completed
Spoiler
<Dmonix> Damnit Jim how come every conversation with you always ends up discussing something deep and meaningful?
<Dmonix> We always end up discussing male/female differences or politics or football
<Dmonix> All the really important issues in life

Return to “This, That, Those, and Them”