Anti-Islam film

Rudy Peña
Forum Addict
Alternate name(s): Wrath of Achilles

Re: Anti-Islam film

Jedi~Tank wrote:
Aisar Saqib wrote:
Dovahkiin wrote:
Jedi~Tank wrote:Dont forget one of the core primary teachings is death to the infidel. Thats a fact. The worst mistake this country or any other country can make is surpress its foundational religion/ faith to make way for political correctness.

Think for a minute what will happen to this country when suicide bombing idiots start that **Filtered** here because somebody expressed thier opinion that didnt coincide with thier view of god.

Just a friendly reminder: Islam and Christianity worship the same God. :-$

nope lol christianity worship 3 gods... and Islam only one..

No christians do not worship 3 :roll:

Note..a god or doctrine from man about a god that requires its worshippers to commit haneous acts of idiotic violence to prove their worth amd get a trip to heaven is a waste of time and is just stupid.

Note...you dont need to turn your neighbor or friend in if you think hes into black magic, just so you can get into heaven while your friend or neighbor gets burned alive. Its a waste of time and is just stupid. ;)
Spoiler
R0B3RT wrote: you are like my wife
you never loose :smt101
Spoiler
Field Marshall wrote:I don't think there is a single member ingame that could take on the lion at the moment. Not a single person...
I'm a brown nose. Sue me.
Jack
Evil Reincarnated
Alliance: The Empire
Race: Dragonborn
ID: 6475

Rudy Pena wrote:Note...you dont need to turn your neighbor or friend in if you think hes into black magic, just so you can get into heaven while your friend or neighbor gets burned alive. Its a waste of time and is just stupid. ;)

Nope, you're supposed to execute them yourself.

Exodus 22:18 Thou shalt not suffer a witch to live.
Ya'll acting like you know what monster is
Me have 25 years in the monster biz
All monsters think you can fuss with this
Well you can talk to me Snuffleupagus
Me sneak into your house, me leave before dawn
Your daughters will be pregnant and your cookies will be gone
Malx wrote:Make kids not cancer!
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

Kjarkur wrote:Imagine what humanity could do with all the energy that goes into fighting over religion and politics, if we'd all focus on the same goals.

We have the potential to achieve so much more.

-KJ
Hence the sigh of thousands of humanists and philosophers across time and space.. "Religion (not faith, mind you) keeps us tethered to Stone Age concepts."
lone dragon
Forum Expert
Race: something

yellow eyes wrote:actually religion can be interpreted in many ways like the bible states Michael came down from heaven with a sword ? and a eye for an eye.

so religion isn't all about peace for example if you are not muslim and are not willing to convert your unworthy of heaven or are not even classed as equals to me thats not peaceful.

to be honest i put islam near the top for bad religions due to the fact they close the doors and dont let anyone understand them.

their communities dont allow us as in westerners to understand them and when people dont understand something they tend to hate on it.

but lets be fair all trouble at this moment in time is coming from the east.

I think the essence of religion normally means well but its not the message which is the problem its the misinterpretation or the self interest to change the message to peoples own means that's were it goes bad.
Spoiler
天龍; Fight a good fight...as I will rise from the ashes..
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

Faith - Good.
Religion - Bad.
jedi~tank
Forum Zombie
ID: 0

Dovahkiin wrote:
Rudy Pena wrote:Note...you dont need to turn your neighbor or friend in if you think hes into black magic, just so you can get into heaven while your friend or neighbor gets burned alive. Its a waste of time and is just stupid. ;)

That passage applies to a specific group of people in a specific time for a specific reason.

"What I want to see is a tight knit group not a collection of people pulling in different directions"
Deni
jedi~tank
Forum Zombie

Rudy Pena wrote:
Jedi~Tank wrote:
Aisar Saqib wrote:
Dovahkiin wrote:
Jedi~Tank wrote:Dont forget one of the core primary teachings is death to the infidel. Thats a fact. The worst mistake this country or any other country can make is surpress its foundational religion/ faith to make way for political correctness.

Think for a minute what will happen to this country when suicide bombing idiots start that **Filtered** here because somebody expressed thier opinion that didnt coincide with thier view of god.

Just a friendly reminder: Islam and Christianity worship the same God. :-$

nope lol christianity worship 3 gods... and Islam only one..

No christians do not worship 3 :roll:

Note..a god or doctrine from man about a god that requires its worshippers to commit haneous acts of idiotic violence to prove their worth amd get a trip to heaven is a waste of time and is just stupid.

Note...you dont need to turn your neighbor or friend in if you think hes into black magic, just so you can get into heaven while your friend or neighbor gets burned alive. Its a waste of time and is just stupid. ;)

I dont know why you quoted that to me, but yea, point. :roll:

"What I want to see is a tight knit group not a collection of people pulling in different directions"
Deni
doc holliday
Forum Elite
Alliance: Unnatural Selection

Jedi~Tank wrote:
Dovahkiin wrote:

That passage applies to a specific group of people in a specific time for a specific reason.

This. Bad hermeneutics Dovahkiin person.
Spoiler
Mathlord wrote:
doc holliday wrote:just don't come off ppt :smt071 :smt043
See what doc is really saying, is his six shooters tickle...until you die from it :D
Spoiler
prsko wrote:
SSG EnterTheLion wrote: As anyone who knows me knows, I never build up planets, if I steal a good one, so be it, but I never waste naq on a planet.
So that triple planet u bought was allready built up?
Or am I twisting your words like the rest?
Jack
Evil Reincarnated
Alliance: The Empire
Race: Dragonborn
ID: 6475

Jedi~Tank wrote:
Dovahkiin wrote:

This specific line specifically applies to witches, for the the specific purpose of murdering them during the specific time of always.

Less specifically I could add in the entire chapter, and the two before it and the one after it. I could then pair them with the passages from Romans, which reassert these crimes should be punished with death.
Ya'll acting like you know what monster is
Me have 25 years in the monster biz
All monsters think you can fuss with this
Well you can talk to me Snuffleupagus
Me sneak into your house, me leave before dawn
Your daughters will be pregnant and your cookies will be gone
Malx wrote:Make kids not cancer!
jedi~tank
Forum Zombie

Dovahkiin wrote:
Jedi~Tank wrote:
Dovahkiin wrote:

This specific line specifically applies to witches, for the the specific purpose of murdering them during the specific time of always.

Less specifically I could add in the entire chapter, and the two before it and the one after it. I could then pair them with the passages from Romans, which reassert these crimes should be punished with death.

Do so, then give the reasoning for the commands. ;) i love biblical studies.

Deni
Zeratul
Elder Administrator
Alliance: Lucian Alliance
Race: Templar
ID: 7
Alternate name(s): Hrefna
Reitha

Honours and Awards

religion in general is one of the causes for rather large portion of all conflicts in human history. There's hardly any religion that is clean of that blame. Especially not the biggest ones...

if we recall correctly, eating shellfish is supposed to be a bad thing according to that bible...
"Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the gods, Browsers shall be changed to carry the internet out amongst the peoples and we will spread Firefox to all the unbelievers. The power of the Firefox will be felt far and wide and the wicked users of IE shall be converted to use the true browsers."

Curious about our color? Feel free to ask...
Psyko
The Irresistible

This whole thing has been blown out of proportion. I can definitely believe that the film is little more than a "final straw" or scape-goat for the bigger issue that is the West imposing itself upon the Middle East.

I dislike religion as a general rule. I have no problem with faith, nor any individual person's personal decision to have faith in whatever they wish. But I have so many issues with any/all organized religions...which is a misnomer anyway, because clearly there is no organization in any existing religion.

This is a rather classic case of people not being able to keep their heads when it comes to adversity. If someone offends them, they would rather cut out the offending person's tongue than be the better man and accept that the other person has a right to the opinions which they hold and move along.

I deal with people being offended on a weekly basis, and the truth of the matter is that someone will always be offended, no matter what counter measures you may put into place. Political Correctness, avoiding topics entirely, etc. does nothing but backfire because in trying to be PC you offend people anyway. The people of this world need to learn how to accept the opinions of others and stop being offended by every damned thing they witness.

As to the troubles of the Middle East, I've always been a strong supporter of the laissez-faire approach to foreign affairs. The US needs to get it's dirty fingers out of other countries' pies and deal with it's own problems. Stop trying to influence other countries so that they support our interests, and focus on keeping the country long enough that we can actually have interests in the future. Remove greed and pride from the equation and let each other live their own damn lives.
愛美
Section Admin of
General and the GC
jedi~tank
Forum Zombie

Zeratul wrote:religion in general is one of the causes for rather large portion of all conflicts in human history. There's hardly any religion that is clean of that blame. Especially not the biggest ones...

if we recall correctly, eating shellfish is supposed to be a bad thing according to that bible...

Not to argue, but i think MEN/WOMEN are the cause as religion is created by "us".

@psyko- I agree but we cnnot abandon Israel as they HAVE A RIGHT to exist and NOBODY has the right to savagely exterminate them. In my own personal opinion the people groups that are fanatically seeking this idiotic retribution would do better for themselves by learning to be civilized rather than seeking heaven through savagery and ignorance.

Deni
Ashu
Michael Westen
Alliance: TAF
Race: Human
ID: 81691

Honours and Awards

Zeratul wrote:religion in general is one of the causes for rather large portion of all conflicts in human history. There's hardly any religion that is clean of that blame. Especially not the biggest ones...

Not it's not. By that logic, life itself is to blame.
Again, i doubt you know all the religions in question. Wikipedia doesn't count, actually knowing them first hand and living them, not just reading some books.
Bias Admin colour
Drought
Forum Expert

Malx wrote:

Not it's not. By that logic, life itself is to blame.
Again, i doubt you know all the religions in question. Wikipedia doesn't count, actually knowing them first hand and living them, not just reading some books.

There are too many side branches/derivatives of each religion to be able to do that....

In its essence, religions are like handbooks for how to live your life ... looks like the auteurs cant get along ... oh wait that's not possible ... must be humanity then.
a very bad hairdo

Return to “General intelligent discussion topics”